• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

For it to be transferred to you? Or from him to your dealer ?
My last can, a SiCo Octane9, was delivered to dealer 5/12/2020, Stamp cashed by ATF on 5/19/2020, E-File Form 4-individual approved by ATF on 10/21/2020 and to the dealer 10/31/2020.

Reactions: tacops1
Today is a special day for me and two years in the making. I was lucky enough to own a Tango 51 and a Tango 66 for several years. After a serious medical issue I was forced to sell them both. Thankfully I have recovered 100% and have again been fortunate to obtain a, non standard, dream build from Mike. He is an OUSTANDING person, friend, and amazing rifle-smith. I can’t thank him enough for being open to this build and all the little details he put into it above and beyond. I saved the best pic for last !View attachment 7589649
What kind of device do you use to measure the group size to .0001"?

I have a 300 WM X-Ray 66 chambered for 190 grain FGMM and I'm wondering what other MFG's ammo it will chamber. This stuff is impossible to find anymore, and I really don't want to purchase multiple boxes of ammo that won't chamber...
Anyone else on here have a 300 WM they are running other brands/weights of ammo in without any problems?
DW

I have a 300 WM X-Ray 66 chambered for 190 grain FGMM and I'm wondering what other MFG's ammo it will chamber. This stuff is impossible to find anymore, and I really don't want to purchase multiple boxes of ammo that won't chamber...
Anyone else on here have a 300 WM they are running other brands/weights of ammo in without any problems?
DW

I’d also be curious what other types of factory ammo does the job in .308 if any besides FGMM ?

Got to cut the rest of my case for my tango. Now I should get to dial it in next weekend I hope if I can catch some time off stay tuned
9498D782-9CAD-4F85-A0FC-83270CAD9E49.jpeg

Last edited:
Got to cut the rest of my case for my tango. Now I should get to dial it in next weekend I hope if I can catch some time off stay tuned View attachment 7592385
I did some cutting for the foam for my Lima to support the can, bipod, magazines (it was originally a blind magazine) and added LOP spacers. This was at the UPS depot as I was packing it up and sending it to Mike for some fixing of my f-up on the DBM and install the Geissele 2-stage trigger. He said not to send the scope since he would have to un-mount it to Birdsong the rings anyway. Looking forward to her return.
20201229_122618[1].jpg

Since I no longer have either of my Tangos, replaced by the M40A1, I have a cool paperweight and pic rail accessory listed in the marketplace in case anyone is interested.

Tango51 are now with a DBM? Mine is older - and has a BDL plate. Wonder if it is upgradable....
Completely different inlet. You would have to talk to Mike about it. He would end up doing a new inlet, new Birdsong to make the DBM match the rest of the rifle, re-paint the stock. May be easier/cheaper to have him do a whole new stock but in the end, it's probably even easier and/or cheaper to sell the current rifle and get one with a DBM.

DO NOT do what I did and have someone else install one. You'll end up sending it to Mike to make it right anyway.

Reactions: jd138 and tacops1
I realize my tacops came without a target. Sure doesn't need one to prove how it shoots, though.

Tango51 are now with a DBM? Mine is older - and has a BDL plate. Wonder if it is upgradable....

The standard bottom metal is a BDL, but a modified Surgeon DBM is an option at additional cost.at the time of initial order.

Completely different inlet. You would have to talk to Mike about it. He would end up doing a new inlet, new Birdsong to make the DBM match the rest of the rifle, re-paint the stock. May be easier/cheaper to have him do a whole new stock but in the end, it's probably even easier and/or cheaper to sell the current rifle and get one with a DBM.

DO NOT do what I did and have someone else install one. You'll end up sending it to Mike to make it right anyway.

As NukeMMC said, the DBM takes a completely different inlet. Mike WILL NOT REDO AN INLET, which leaves you two (2) options:

(1) Have Mike order a new stock for you with the proper inlet (on stocks with an adjustable cheekpiece option, make sure he gets you the KMW Inlet)! The KMW ACH will add expense and a few more weeks time to send to Joe Ducos to install the KMW ACH but it's well worth the time, expense, and effort! You're already paying for the DBM so you might as well spend a few hundred more to get it perfect. The KMW IS SO MUCH NICER than any of the McMillan cheekpieces.

(2) Order a new rifle from Mike with the proper DBM inlet (again, (make sure Mike gets you the KMW Inlet when available).

Below is a Kilo 51 that originally had a Williams Floorplate. The owner later decided he wanted a DBM, so a new A3-5 with Surgeon DBM Inlet was ordered, as well as with the KMW ACH Inlet.

Keith

Last edited:
Is the bottom metal a different color? Or just photographic tomfoolery?
The bottom metal is Tac Ops OD, just like the rest of the metal. The angle of the sunlight tricked the camera's sensor into changing the Birdsong's color.

Keith

What is the standard height Leupold rings you guys use on a 34mm scope when the whole platform is ordered from Tacops?

Did you buy it used?
No, bought it new along with a can. But it was before I found the Hide, so I didn't know the test target was a thing to have. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to sell it, and it shoots for me as well as it shoots for me, no matter how it shoots for Mike.

No, bought it new along with a can. But it was before I found the Hide, so I didn't know the test target was a thing to have. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to sell it, and it shoots for me as well as it shoots for me, no matter how it shoots for Mike.
I thought they all came with a test target

I thought they all came with a test target
Well, either I tossed it not knowing it was important, the ffl tossed it not knowing it was important, or it didn't. At the time I didn't know they did, and I've never bothered to ask Mike about it because in my life whether he shot a .05, a .1 or whatever doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: 308pirate
my first was used, i found it under the foam one day
previous owner thought he lost it

Who is the TacOps owner in Boston? I'm in Southeastern MA

Best customer service in the business, to say nothing of the rifles. Enjoy both, whoever is getting these.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Your google-foo be weak lol

Also on the Short Action Precision site

• Love
Reactions: eddie102870