• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Rifles.net

Leatherman = Multipurpose tool
Yeager-man = Multipurpose tool

I don't know much about Mr Yeager but why would you disrespect Leatherman like that because wouldn't the correct formula be something like Yeager-man = MultiUseless. Sorry I couldn't use tool just because it implies that it serves a use for the betterment of a function. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked out TR's Facebook page.. And found this gem

efb0fab4258ff6c31e8e87a46c429858_zps3df83d93.jpg

Apparently they can't even find a happy customer..

JJ

Last edited:
the owner of tr.net did see the tenon with the micrometer showing .025 undersize tenon dia. and he contacted my friend immediately by emails and voice mails telling him that if anybody re machines the tenon that he would not guarantee the rifle anymore

A tr.net guarantee is worthless anyway so your friend had nothing to lose.

It appears there may be a date being set up to entertain their range day.

Anyone else up for the show?

That was so full of stupidity that I could not read it. I never knew Paul Blart was such a high rick job.

Thanks for posting that. I remember Gecko45 from the HK-91.com board spewing his nonsense. There was another idiot that claimed to be a guard at some exclusive gated community that "Willie Ames" (from Eight is Enough) was a resident. Must be a really exclusive place for showbiz has beens. Same line of BS same fantastic stupidity. Everyone thought it was Todd Bailey just like Gecko45. I can only imagine if Youtube had been around in that day....

How many TR rifles are in the SH Cup?

Competing likely none but a TR rifle would make a nice bonus points target.
A TR rifle placed on 5 lbs of tannerite at 1000 yards would be a nice bonus points shot great shot AND recycling combined.

When and where?

Deltona FL, on some farm land that Rooney has access to that reaches 1000yds. He needs 3 weeks advance notice to ensure there are no animals on the range. I've requested that we have several owners and builds present for review including: Fit, function, reliability and accuracy. I would like to see several rifles and not a cherry picked build that was built but who knows who.

I hope to see some new faces and have multiple video perspectives of the days activities.

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been traveling a lot lately. In addition, I don't have my optic yet for my LRI group buy 260 yet. I really want to have it at the ready before the shoot. I can work up a load with my 4-16 PST, but it's not ideal for 1k when going for tiny groups. I'm hoping that we can do this within the next 1.5 months (waiting on the XTRII to arrive).

OP, if you're still around, I'd like to see you out there.

I purchased a rifle from Tactical Rifles it's brand new newer fired. It has no warranty what so ever. If you go prone and try running the bolt the magazine goes into the path of the bolt so you can't move the bolt forward unless you lift the rifle up. Sometime when you lift it you may need to jiggle the bolt a little. Ordered in Aug 2012 and got it in May 2014. Still waiting on my scope but David Rooney said the rifle is fine and that they will not answer my calls or emails. Mind you he still has a few thousand dollars of my hard earned cash! Hopefully the scope will show up in the near future. He didn't have it in stock so I was going to cancel it but he wanted a 15% fee so I said to send it. I would have thought the scope would have been available since I paid long ago. I will keep you posted!

I purchased a rifle from Tactical Rifles it's brand new newer fired. It has no warranty what so ever. If you go prone and try running the bolt the magazine goes into the path of the bolt so you can't move the bolt forward unless you lift the rifle up. Sometime when you lift it you may need to jiggle the bolt a little. Ordered in Aug 2012 and got it in May 2014. Still waiting on my scope but David Rooney said the rifle is fine and that they will not answer my calls or emails. Mind you he still has a few thousand dollars of my hard earned cash! Hopefully the scope will show up in the near future. He didn't have it in stock so I was going to cancel it but he wanted a 15% fee so I said to send it. I would have thought the scope would have been available since I paid long ago. I will keep you posted!

Sounds like it's a rob Peter to pay Paul business.

I want this asshole to go out of business so bad,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any pics?

Tactical Rifles.net

Do you have any pics?

I want to see this fucker hung (TR)!!
Perhaps you want to see him hanged?

... Because I, for one, don't want to see pics of him hung. ?

Last edited:
It's the damn auto correct/ fill in, or what ever it's called on these tablets.
I prefer horse drawn quartering though.

Tactical Rifle Inc

Here is a video of the rifle. I don't have any pics. It's put away for now but I have no plans to shoot it soon. The joy is gone! I'm not sure if the video is permissible as I don't want to cause the fourm any stress. this is just my personal experience with them.

[video=youtube;lMe6I6q-83Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMe6I6q-83Y[/video]

Apparently world class does not apply to magazine fitment and feeding.

Looks like a world class mistake / oops

A picture is worth 1000 words. The video posted says it all!

Do you have any pics?

I posted a video and the letter that David Rooney sent me when I complained that my new rifle is in need of repair. He threatened to sue me! And still has not delivered my rifle scope. I hope he isn't considering my $2000 a gift.

I posted a video and the letter that David Rooney sent me when I complained that my new rifle is in need of repair. He threatened to sue me! And still has not delivered my rifle scope. I hope he isn't considering my $2000 a gift.
There is no legitimate business that would operate like they do. I would imagine that a legitimate gunsmith would be appalled by this and actually want to fix the rifle as to not get anyone hurt.

Dkbush, can you take a picture of the bottom metal? I would love to see the fit of it in the stock. It has been said over and over again how great he is at the salesmanship of the rifles but after he gets your money it turns into the customers problem for anything that occurs after the sale. There are so many good gunsmiths out there why people keep going to them is amazing. It doesn't take much time to do Google searches to find quite a few issues with there business practices

That video is truly appalling!!! I'd be really pissed. Sorry for your problems, but always remember "Buyer beware". I research all my purchases, especially online and from out of state!

Here is a video of the rifle. I don't have any pics. It's put away for now but I have no plans to shoot it soon. The joy is gone! I'm not sure if the video is permissible as I don't want to cause the fourm any stress. this is just my personal experience with them.

I thought that everyone knew that tugging down on the magazine was a technique that all operators use. /SARCASM

If I were you, I would take the $1,700 refund and use it to get the rifle fixed (and maybe hire an attorney).

As you clearly gave them an option to repair the rifle and they have clearly refused to do so, I would take the rifle to three gunsmiths and have them provide written estimates that explains the issue and the provide costs for repairs. I would also have them examine the rifle for tolerance, other fitment and safety issues. During this process, note the time spent running around to handle this matter.

If you are in Florida, I would then go to small claims court and sue TR for the cost of the repairs, the 15% restocking fee (restocking fees only apply if you take possession of the product and return it), your time spent pursuing the matter and add a punitive amount that brings you up to the maximum amount allowed by the small claims.

If you are not in Florida, I would contact an attorney in Florida and see what it would cost to have them handle the matter for you. You might even check with LowLight and others on the hide to see if they can recommend an attorney in that region.

Rooney is trying to play hardball. Most gunsmiths do not have a bunch of capital to work with, especially those who's grew too quickly and then have a decline in orders. Based on his reactions, it is very possible that he does not have enough liquid assets to pay his bills. His suppliers are probably starting to cut him off and he may not be able to order your scope. When business owners get in this position, they either act ethically or they become complete scumbags, using every unethical trick they can find to avoid going out of business.

I think everyone can draw their own conclusions as to what is happening here.

I'm not defending TR because they are scumbags but your video is a bit off. I've had numerous rifles from builders that would do the same when you put pressure on the mag when empty, it's not how they're meant to be run. Cycle some rounds through it and see what happens. If it hangs up then you have a legitimate complaint about it's function.

As for your scope, get stock statues from some dealers for the model you purchased showing it's not on a back order and take him to court. That and your receipt showing you paid for it will be all you need to win.

Tactical Rifles.net

As for your scope, get stock statues from some dealers for the model you purchased showing it's not on a back order and take him to court. That and your receipt showing you paid for it will be all you need to win.
Graham's Rule #1 applies.

As for the bolt hold-open, if it's a long action AI magazine you can shave the rear edge of the follower at 45 degrees to the vertical and that will make the bolt slide over the follower when there is upward pressure on the magazine.

Last edited:
Hope you get it sorted out Dkbush. But I'm laughing at the irony of a 15% restocking fee on something that is obviously not in stock to be restocked.

Graham's Rule #1 applies.

As for the bolt hold-open, if it's a long action AI magazine you can shave the rear edge of the follower at 45 degrees to the vertical and that will make the bolt slide over the follower when there is upward pressure on the magazine.

It is true that the long action AI mags have a bolt stop feature on the follower, and that is a good catch to note that detail.

Most shops do, in fact recut the angle on the back to allow the bolt to override the carrier when the mag is empty. I can tell you however that IF the magazine is a long action AI and IF it remains factory spec, no amount of magazine wiggle or pulling down would allow the bolt to pass over it if the bottom metal is correctly installed and is of a good design.

In my opinion, the rifle is out of spec in this aspect regardless of the magazine type and action length.

Last edited:
Tactical Rifles Inc Video of bolt grinding with a loaded mag

I'm not defending TR because they are scumbags but your video is a bit off. I've had numerous rifles from builders that would do the same when you put pressure on the mag when empty, it's not how they're meant to be run. Cycle some rounds through it and see what happens. If it hangs up then you have a legitimate complaint about it's function.

Here's a few pictures as requested and a video with a loaded mag. If you listen you can hear the bolt grinding against the magazine. For thousands of dollars I had higher expectations. What I got is a rifle that has no warranty that Tactical Rifles Inc says is perfect! I'm happy to at least share the quality of the rifle that they produced for me.:(

Bolt Grinding.jpg

Bolt 2.jpg

It is just sad that they would even let stuff like that out the door. That is JR league shit! Where does Rooney recruit his employees?

Here's a few pictures as requested and a video with a loaded mag. If you listen you can hear the bolt grinding against the magazine. For thousands of dollars I had higher expectations. What I got is a rifle that has no warranty that Tactical Rifles Inc says is perfect! I'm happy to at least share the quality of the rifle that they produced for me.:(

View attachment 41288

View attachment 41289

WOW, hope those were dummies, or the firing pin was removed!?!?!?!

Cuz...NO FRIGGIN WAY am I cycling live rounds inside a house. Add to it that the build quality is could be "suspect" is all the more reason to err waaaaaaaaaay over toward the side of caution for preventing an AD.

That vid skeeered the bejeeez outta me!!!

Sorry about your rifle & hope for the best in gettin' it squared away...

Hope you get it sorted out Dkbush. But I'm laughing at the irony of a 15% restocking fee on something that is obviously not in stock to be restocked. ��

Legally this is fraud. If the item is not in stock, it cannot be restocked, thus charging a customer a restocking fee on a non-stock item is fraud. My guess is their response will be that they had to order it from a vendor, and it will cost them money if the customer decides to not buy it. My argument would be, where is the proof you ordered it under my rifle serial number, order number etc., and why have you not produced this information for me the entire time I have asked for it.

Tactical Rifles.net

Legally this is fraud. If the item is not in stock, it cannot be restocked, thus charging a customer a restocking fee on a non-stock item is fraud.
Graham's Rule #1 applies here.

That's not the standard for fraud.

Graham's Rule #1 applies here.

That's not the standard for fraud.

Ok. I jumped the gun on this one, but if the OP was promised an item in a certain time period and had not received said item in that time period, that is an illegal restocking fee. Well in some states it is. He needs to check his local laws.

I have seen and shot one TR.net rifle that shot great, I believe it was a 300 WSM in a tactical build. I shoot long range F-open and I build my own rifles and they compete well so I have some idea of what an accurate rifle is. Once the owner wanted to have the muzzle brake taken off so he could use it in F-class comps and Rooney was going to charge quite a bit to do that I thought that was tacky as many 'smiths I know would be happy to serve a customer like that for free. The brake on the rifle is on very hard and has thread locker of some sort used, I offered to put the rifle in my oven for coating after a soak in acetone but he traded the rifle in. I bring this up not to say that all TR's are great it seems that most are low grade at best. The interesting thing about the rifle and owner is Dave Rooney would call the owner up asking him to order another rifle. The owner would tell Dave that he can get that kind of accuracy from any number of local builders at a much better price and shorter delivery time. The last time Rooney called him the owner mentioned that he is hearing all sorts of bad crap about his recent stuff, his rifle is probably 5 years old, Rooney did not have much to say so shut up and no longer calls.

To be making calls like that Rooney has to be hurting real bad for business. The condition of Rooney's business may be the reason why he can not deliver things like scopes after a two year old order, the rob Peter to pay Paul reference may be the truth. TR.net has has a lot of turnover in 'smiths and had a good one at least once, the business practices and attitudes exhibited by Rooney may have driven a good 'smith away. High turnover is specialty trained people is always a warning sign in any field.

Do not think from the first sentence that I am a fan of Rooney and his business practices, how could I be? The work of TR's that I have seen on the net do make me proud as it makes my work look amazing and that is kind of neat, but I would hate to own a rifle like that and have to so much money for the opportunity to own it.

Maybe he should be deported, I wonder if his birth country would take him back?

wade