• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Takedown stock hardware

JohnnyC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2007
Under a big tent. Seriously.
So, I'm interested in trying to find a smith that will replicate the takedown style of the HS Precision takedown rifles, but I don't want a $5k gun that's not made to my specs. If I'm going to spend that much money I want it my way.

Does anyone have a good idea about what hardware HS precision uses to make their takedowns? It looks pretty straightforward as far as the barrel work goes, interrupted threads with precision ground recoil lugs on both sides, but it's the stock hardware I can't seem to find.

Thoughts? Seems like there aren't very many people doing takedown bolt guns and I don't want either the HS or the Arms Tech, but I figure a good smith could easily handle it if I could source the parts.

Re: Takedown stock hardware

There are many ways of doing a take down stock. Id first find a competent smith and talk to him what you want and expect. For instance it coulf be done very discrete but require an allen key. Normally if there are no tools required the cost goes up quite a bit. Are you sure a short barreled folding stock could work for you? Not too much to gain on a taledown execept the receiver length + a couple of inches. Personally i have a blaser, and its a very fast take down. Repetable precision and good design. But some people hate it. It coulf be fittet in an aftermarked stock pretty easy.

HS says they make all the parts in their rifles. Ask them about making a rifle to your specs.

I probably should have been a little more clear in my initial post, I want to do this just to do it. No short-barreled folding stock, no needing a tool bag to take it down. It's simply an exercise in something cool, there's no specific need.

I've tried e-mailing HS Precision but haven't responded. I figured it was due to SHOT so I haven't completely ruled them out yet. However, one of the problems with the HS Precision is that I don't like the HS Precision stocks. I'm a big Manners T4A fan and would like to adapt a T4A.