• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Talk me out of buying an AICS 2.0 for my Rem 700

Aics

I have 5 total and love them for what they do but like the Viper skins as an improvement.

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 21
as with all these opinions they will not mean anything to you if it does not fit YOU. YOU need to see what fits YOU. The AI is a GREAT platform if it works for YOU. The Manners is a GREAT platform if it works for YOU. etc.

YOU need to get behind them and see see how they fit YOU. Any that have been mentioned are all good options if they work for YOU.

Although I will say that the AI with Viper skins is a HUGE improvement over the standard model IMHO

What chiller said is correct, you need to get behind a bunch of the stocks and see what works with you. Some people hate the AICS and love McMillian's feel. I also agree with jcvibby-- the Rock Solid Stock is a AWESOME product. (I've been meaning to pick one up!!)

Go to the range and get behind some of these stocks. You will learn much!

MV

Hi M.45 . I had no idea you guys were in socal. I would have come by and checked out your shop and said hello. I'm in southern florida now , and very happy about it. I do however miss shooting at angeles.......

PM me , i'd like to talk about getting a set of skins.

What chiller said is correct, you need to get behind a bunch of the stocks and see what works with you. Some people hate the AICS and love McMillian's feel. I also agree with jcvibby-- the Rock Solid Stock is a AWESOME product. (I've been meaning to pick one up!!)

Go to the range and get behind some of these stocks. You will learn much!

MV

I've had the chance to try out the AI stock before and i dug it. Mind you I haven't had serious time behind it to really see how it feels after a couple hours of prone shooting. Unfortunately there isn't a great long range near me yet. Once i being built a little south of me but isn't quite finished. The closest is a few hours away and with work the way it is , i won't be able to get up there as of yet . My gunsmith has a few i'll be able to check out , but I got to check out an AI classic, AX, McMillan, manners ( although not a t5a ) , b&C and a few others.

If there is anyone in south florida who has a few of these great guns I'd love to check em out.

I hate to add to your thought process but the more I shoot my XLR the more I am falling in love with it. I don't have the folder in the XLR but it is an option, and I have to say it has turned a MOA Howa 1500 into a .7 shooter (as long as I don't mess it up) So now I am considering going with another XLR in composit for the 700.

Sully

I absolutely love mine... the only problem is I sometimes wish the tail was heavier... with a 26" Sendero barrel with Badger brake and S&B 5-25... it doesn't feel very balanced... then again I suppose I don't exactly have a field rifle. :p