• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tavor scalping has begun

No greed there...start price is right at retail. What you're seeing is stupidity on the buyer and the seller knows that some moron will pay more than necessary for the weapon. More power to the seller...I hope some dip shit pays the 4K for it.

No greed there...start price is right at retail. What you're seeing is stupidity on the buyer and the seller knows that some moron will pay more than necessary for the weapon. More power to the seller...I hope some dip shit pays the 4K for it.

This. It's not scalping if it is the buyer driving up the prices with bids.

I don't understand all of this anti-capitalism/jealousy. Do the "I hate gougers" crowd understand market supply and market demand and their relationship to one another? No! They just bitch and whine and moan about being on the less fortunate side of things. However, when capitalism works in their favor they are giddy as can be. Makes no sense to me.

Instead of bitching about opportunists, become one. Do something with your life. Take risks just like the guy who bought 200 $50 SKS's way back when did and everyone thought he was nuts. Now he's selling them for $500+ a piece. Seriously, worry about your own success and quit eyeing others.

Ooooooo..... Greed..... Evil......

Angry rant off.

Last edited:
"The ultra-compact form factor allows for easy transitions in close quarter situations…or even in your favorite deer blind. "

I can just hear the story Now.

Because of recent "situations" I strapped on my TAVOR SAR, and made my way in. Conditions were brutal, but with its light compact design I made it to my deer stand ok. While I was just about to climb up. It happened, the full ambush of deer came. I was so glad that I was cocked and locked. If not they would have gotten the best of me. Going into a tactical roll and then opening up made short work out of one.......

I don't understand all of this anti-capitalism/jealousy. Do the "I hate gougers" crowd understand market supply and market demand and their relationship to one another? No! They just bitch and whine and moan about being on the less fortunate side of things. However, when capitalism works in their favor they are giddy as can be. Makes no sense to me.

Instead of bitching about opportunists, become one. Do something with your life. Take risks just like the guy who bought 200 $50 SKS's way back when did and everyone thought he was nuts. Now he's selling them for $500+ a piece. Seriously, worry about your own success and quit eyeing others.

Angry rant off.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here bud. This is a fine example of price gouging. When something is sold for more than msrp because people are scared they are no longer going to be able to get the item is not capitalism. I put these people in the same category as theives. I would never do it and neither would anyone with any decency and respect for their fellow man. Sure there are people out there with more money than brains, and plenty of assholes to cater to them. Nothing but bad karma comes out of making a profit like this. Just like a scalper...
What makes it worse is the companies see what a small percentage of fools will pay and inturn crank their prices up to the max which sticks it in the rest of us that have half a brain.

But the seller listed it at MSRP and the BUYERS drove it up. I don't see how you could possibly consider this "thieving." An auction is free economy at its finest. The item will sell at exactly what price the market will bear.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here bud. This is a fine example of price gouging. When something is sold for more than msrp because people are scared they are no longer going to be able to get the item is not capitalism. I put these people in the same category as theives. I would never do it and neither would anyone with any decency and respect for their fellow man. Sure there are people out there with more money than brains, and plenty of assholes to cater to them. Nothing but bad karma comes out of making a profit like this. Just like a scalper...
What makes it worse is the companies see what a small percentage of fools will pay and inturn crank their prices up to the max which sticks it in the rest of us that have half a brain.

...This is a fine example of price gouging. When something is sold for more than msrp because people are scared they are no longer going to be able to get the item is not capitalism.

Why is someone an asshole who is smart enough to sell to a moron? No one is tricking the dumb shits to paying more than necessary, this isn't some scam on some unsuspecting elderly person. These dip shits that are driving the price up are competent adults.

"Price gouging"? Not at all. That applies to items of necessity such as food, fuel, clothing, housing...semi-auto toys don't count.

Bad Karma? Nope...it's not a necessity and in no way is the seller taking advantage of anyone. Just taking advantage of the market. It's no different than selling your home after it appreciates 20%...doesn't matter if that takes a day or a few years. Remember when people were waiting in line to pay more than asking price for a house. Does that make the seller an asshole?

All new limited production guns have an initial period where people are willing to pay way over MSRP to be the cool kid at the range.

Nobody needs to buy a Tavor, so it sure as hell is not gouging.

Perhaps the seller is experiencing the results of good karma and trying to pass along the opportunity to purchase a hard to get firearm to someone else. Of course, we could just assume the worst and paint him with a broad brush....you know, the same one we would hate to be painted with. What is the karma penalty for hypocrisy? As stated above....it will sell for whatever the buyer is willing to pay. No one is forcing these folks to buy the Tavor. The very fact that folks were decrying the "gouging" of gun sellers on auction sites over the past few months is galling. The folks clamoring for guns/mags/ammo etc. had years to prepare and buy what they felt they would need. They did not. Karma or whatever you want to call it......fail to prepare or plan and you plan or prepare to fail. Folks bought these things for years leading up to the recent madness. Call it investing. They made out when the market demand exceeded prior prices. Don't like it.....move to where everything is "fair" and enforced to be "fair". I hear the garden spots of Cuba, China and North Korea are such places. Or, you can think for yourself, plan forward and take the risk of investment in order to enjoy the reward of return on investment. By the way, when "something is sold for more than MSRP because people are afraid they are no longer able to get the item" is not anything that has to do with any economic strategy or theory, it is an indicator of an over regulating government......just like the ones that make sure things are "fair".

We've had them up here for a couple years now.
Decent carbine, but the trigger sucks, and they're a 2-3moa rifle at best.
Better quality polymer and build than the keltec stuff though.
I'll take a quality 16" ar anyday.

Whatever the market will bear.
Adam Smith's Invisible Hand at work. This is still America and we a still a capitalist country.

Don't pay the price, problem solved.

I'll buy one eventually when inventory catches up, probably late this year or early 2014.

It does look that way. The inventory already catches up, hopefully the prices will go down eventually too.

It does look that way. The inventory already catches up, hopefully the prices will go down eventually too.

Pretty much everything shipping from IWI right now is already spoken for by end users and maybe a few dealers who will sell them on Gunbroker. I really think that by the end of the year you might get lucky and see one on a gun store shelf for the normal price of $1,850-1,999.

I purchased them for my shop on a pre order price schedule. The rifles that come with optics were priced at 2k pre arrival price. I had guys fighting in the shop for them so I marked them up $150 from my cost and sold them in the shop. Could be called crazy for not putting them on GB but I would rather do the locals a solid once in a while.

I purchased them for my shop on a pre order price schedule. The rifles that come with optics were priced at 2k pre arrival price. I had guys fighting in the shop for them so I marked them up $150 from my cost and sold them in the shop. Could be called crazy for not putting them on GB but I would rather do the locals a solid once in a while.

My buddies shop is the same way. Good for you to build long term customers by not screwing them.

People bidding on the weapon is one thing, I think what most people that have a problem with is the 4k buy it now option, but if someone has 4k to drop on a bull pup then all power to them.

Have to agree with the economists on here - it's absolutely not price gouging, which is just a liberal term for wanting something but not wanting to pay market rates for it anyway. Take away prices set by supply and demand, and you end up standing in line all day for toilet paper, Soviet Union-style.

People bidding on the weapon is one thing, I think what most people that have a problem with is the 4k buy it now option, but if someone has 4k to drop on a bull pup then all power to them.

I don't see what the problem with the high BIN option is. If someone wants it bad enough and has the $4k to drop on it, what's the problem? No one is forcing them to spend that much money. This is a gun, not a basic necessity like food or shelter. I recently traded my truck and I knew what I would take for it. The dealership offered me $2k more than what I wanted to get out of it. I took it. Does that make me a gouger? No. They wanted it bad enough to pay a premium for it and I took the offer. Same thing is going on with this rifle.

The buyer simply does not want to wait in line.

Like everyone else, I have some items on B.O.

I am not going to pay a premium to obtain the products immediately.

I a perfect world no one would bid on it. But he'll get what the market will bear. The market just needs to be a little smarter. Kind of like paying $90 for a $16 brick of 22lr ammo.

Angry rant off.

I agree with Gump. you are just angry YOU didn't get mags, ammo, rifle/pistols when they were "reasonable"
power to the seller, supply and demand is a bitch sometimes...........

816GUMP said it all, quit crying over the inflated prices. Supply and Demand, I plan on making some money with my .308Win PMAGS. If you don't like it then don't buy it, but I will be laughing all the way to the bank.

That thing is so ugly that my other rifles would refuse to live in the safe with it and move away. I would'nt pay 500.00 bucks for one.
Just my humble opinion, which means nothing to anyone but me.

I agree with ya Shoottotrill, I put a savage in my remmy, colt and Italian heavy safe. Pulled it out just yesterday to find a huge scratch in it and the sling damaged. Them others went prison yard on it. Couldn't image what they would do to that petite carbine.

That thing is so ugly that my other rifles would refuse to live in the safe with it and move away. I would'nt pay 500.00 bucks for one.
Just my humble opinion, which means nothing to anyone but me.

like any Porsche- if someone gave one to me, I'd figure out how to flip it that weekend

in that case all ammo manufacturers are thieves considering they use the very same market dynamic for their pricing.

Someone was willing to pay the price to play before everyone else and payed the impatient tax. Good for them. Not gouging if the buyers drove up the price. Hell someone offered me $200 for 3 used lr308 pmags. Does that make me a dick for selling them to him for that when they came with my rifle for free? No way i would even consider paying retail for a tavor. For that $$$ I would have the guys at AO down the street build me a nice bolt gun...

I have heard there is a lefty option but it is still a left and right handed world. Tough to shoot around barriers with a bullpup. I want one but the FS2000 would work better for me probably. It would look good next to my UZI however.

Confessions of an Unapologetic Price Gouging Thief:

First: For all the people that say people paying $4k for a gun is stupid, calling those people morons, or calling other people thiefs. If something went down tomorrow and the AWB was in place, these people would look like damn geniuses.

The other thing a lot of broke dick smucks out there don't understand is that $4k for some people is just like $4 for others. It's all a matter of perspective, if I make $4k a week what do I care if I blow a weeks pay on a toy. I don't care, so get over it.

I have a buddy that works at a gun shop in CO. One of the richest counties in America. It is nothing for a guy to come in and pay premium for an AR-15 and then add $1500 in accessories and optics like he is adding blue cheese crumbles to his steak, and upgrading his potato to loaded. Are they stupid? Hell NO! They saw something they wanted and they got it. The value for them was higher to have it right then, the way they wanted it.

I always find it funny that when they take surveys about "how much money is enough to make in a year" Every income bracket names the bracket right above theirs. It is a matter of perspective, if you can't fathom paying $4k for something you want, guess what, you are in the lower income group.

There are guys here who regularly pay $4k plus for a bolt action rifle that, some might argue, is not that much better than a remmington 5r off the shelf. It's their business, I am happy for them, they got what they wanted. No one put a gun to their head and made them buy it. They placed a value on it, and the psychological benefit of owning it was greater than the psychological benefit the cash in their bank account.

I have moved a lot of guns since Sandy Hook. Excess or duplicates in my collection. I put them up on Gun Broker and set the opening bid at the OLD market price. Am I Gouger? HELL NO. Where the listing ended is what the market would bear.

Guess what, back when .22 was cheap I purchased 10s of thousands of rounds of it. At $60 a brick for 500 rounds currently I probably am going to throw those bricks on Gun Broker with a starting bid of $22. Where it ends only the market will know.

So what am I "supposed to do". Offer to sell my ammo at what I paid for it? I could do that, but if I wanted to give to charity I could just drop a dollar the offering plate. For those of you bitching about gouging, All I hear is jealousy, envy, and wishing you had the goods you put off buying.

You want to own a Tavor right now, pony up, if not sit back and see where the price shakes out after the new has worn off. I want a SIG 556 to round out my collection. A month or more ago they were selling for $2800-$3000. I am the kind of guy that could just buy one at that price, but I took a gamble and decided to see where the price shook out. Now you can go on and buy one for $1300 any day of the week. I gambled right, but there also could have been an AWB and $3000 might have looked like a steal.

I will never forget my father turning his nose up at a First Generation Sig 550 for $1600 in the late 80s. That gun was at $10k+ in the early 2000s. He bet wrong. Again my friends, value is a matter of perspective.

Don't meant to offend anyone, but the Gouger talk reminds me of little jealous children who are angry some other kid has more candy than they do.

Ok haters, mine showed up today. I like it. In time I'll see how it compares to my other bullpups. Right out of the box, it feels more solid than the FS2000.

Tavor005_zpsc0b6c345.jpg

69rsCamaro had it right on the money. Who am I or anyone else to put someone down for what they paid for a Gun. Hell I just bought 5 .308Win PMAGS for $50 a piece. Yeah I know that is high, I just bought 10 last year @$20 a piece but I wanted to make sure I was able to get more in case that stupid Law happened to make it through. I have always been the type of person that if I want something I will get it period. It makes me HAPPY. Back to the PMAGS, I still have 10 on back order and it is only going on 2 months now, you just never know what is going to happen.