• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tempest Builds..Lets See em

Thanks but it appears there are still issues for some and they haven’t done much testing with them yet. This action is nice with a Jewell/ Remmy triggers but haven’t read much success with any other triggers or it’s hit and miss, and that’s a big issue for me I’ll just keep running my Jewell in mine for now.

Thanks but it appears there are still issues for some and they haven’t done much testing with them yet. This action is nice with a Jewell/ Remmy triggers but haven’t read much success with any other triggers or it’s hit and miss, and that’s a big issue for me I’ll just keep running my Jewell in mine for now.

No issues with mine and it’s got about 6 matches on it now. I’d go for it without hesitation

Let me know what issues you are having (PM if you want). I've had about every trigger issue with my Tempest and finally have it running smooth with most of my triggers (to include TT Diamond and Pro). The Diamond is awesome. I may be able to shed light on something you haven't tried. Also, George is super nice and is crazy smart. He ultimately had to diagnosis my problem and he was spot on.

Hi fellas, do any of you own/have owned both the Badger M2013 and the Tempest actions? I'm chasing some information comparing the two if anyone has.

While i haven't owned a M2013, i've felt an AI and it is stiffer than the Tempest. I know i always wanted a Badger but always heard about heavy bolt lift.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Will. So the Tempest has a lighter bolt lift than the AI? I played with an AI the other week. I liked it but don't really have a use for the switch barrel system and I prefer traditional stocks.

I’ve heard the same about the M2013 but haven’t had the opportunity to try one out to compare.

One other question: Can a single Tempest action be purchased with and run both a short magnum and standard 0.470 boltface bolts?

Thanks for the response Will. So the Tempest has a lighter bolt lift than the AI? I played with an AI the other week. I liked it but don't really have a use for the switch barrel system and I prefer traditional stocks.

I’ve heard the same about the M2013 but haven’t had the opportunity to try one out to compare.

One other question: Can a single Tempest action be purchased with and run both a short magnum and standard 0.470 boltface bolts?
Sure can, I have two bolts and 3 barrels for mine.

Reactions: Simia Dei
Let me know what issues you are having (PM if you want). I've had about every trigger issue with my Tempest and finally have it running smooth with most of my triggers (to include TT Diamond and Pro). The Diamond is awesome. I may be able to shed light on something you haven't tried. Also, George is super nice and is crazy smart. He ultimately had to diagnosis my problem and he was spot on.
I think I will get a TT diamond flat shoe and give it a go. Gap built my 6CM Tempest so we are going to find out. Anyway if I don’t like it I’ll mine it to my TL2 or one of my Surgeon’s. Thanks for the input I might shoot you a message

Np bud, yup lighter than the AI. It's still my favorite 3-lug, but i've also not come across an action as smooth as my personal tempest. Granted mine was bare, then polished, and DLCd. I've yet to feel an action comes close to it truthfully. That's from a Bighorn, Surgeon, BAT tactical, Deviant, and AI. I want to handle a Impact just because they're the latest craze. It's hard to shy away from the feeling of my Tempest though when it comes to shooting competition.

Np bud, yup lighter than the AI. It's still my favorite 3-lug, but i've also not come across an action as smooth as my personal tempest. Granted mine was bare, then polished, and DLCd. I've yet to feel an action comes close to it truthfully. That's from a Bighorn, Surgeon, BAT tactical, Deviant, and AI. I want to handle a Impact just because they're the latest craze. It's hard to shy away from the feeling of my Tempest though when it comes to shooting competition.

I wish mine was smooth. Bolt close is stiff as hell, I've had a firing pin issue once, and then the lugs sheared off the firing pin assembly another time. Horizon took care of me with overnight shipping each time.

I wish mine was smooth. Bolt close is stiff as hell, I've had a firing pin issue once, and then the lugs sheared off the firing pin assembly another time. Horizon took care of me with overnight shipping each time.

I think i've been lucky in that regard. I've not felt another tempest except mine but it seems most stray away from them now. Least the circles that i keep up with in the PRS community. I've not really had a single problem out of the action function wise. Though i remember Shane's shroud kept coming undone in matches and would cost him the match, so he switched to an Axiom.

I've not handled a nitrided one.

I can confirm lighter than AI. I own both and tempest is very noticeably lighter.

No clue compared to badger

I think i've been lucky in that regard. I've not felt another tempest except mine but it seems most stray away from them now. Least the circles that i keep up with in the PRS community. I've not really had a single problem out of the action function wise. Though i remember Shane's shroud kept coming undone in matches and would cost him the match, so he switched to an Axiom.

I've not handled a nitrided one.
I was hesitant when I bought my action after what I had read,but I must be a lucky one because it runs perfectly,smooth easy bolt lift,mine is nitrided.The axiom looks good,but a straight bolt handle on a 60* action,meh no thanks.

Thanks for this information Will and fellas. @M338 your thoughts on the straight handle 3 lug is one of the main reasons why I've been looking into this action and the M2013. Would you recommend getting it nitrided?

Thanks for this information Will and fellas. @M338 your thoughts on the straight handle 3 lug is one of the main reasons why I've been looking into this action and the M2013. Would you recommend getting it nitrided?
I would go the tempest just for the availability and selection of stocks/chassis,definatley nitrided.

Thanks mate. I think I will be. Just need to finish getting a tikka rechambered and then I’ll start organising this build.

Np bud. I'm the same way i feel like a swept bolt handle is a must for a 3-lug. Though obviously lots don't but i feel like i would hate it if the bolt started in the same position as a 90 degree two lug and stopped nearly half way. Though lots love it. I'm surprised Chase hasn't offered a swept handle on his actions yet.

Np bud. I'm the same way i feel like a swept bolt handle is a must for a 3-lug. Though obviously lots don't but i feel like i would hate it if the bolt started in the same position as a 90 degree two lug and stopped nearly half way. Though lots love it. I'm surprised Chase hasn't offered a swept handle on his actions yet.

I agree...swept or dont bother. Even on 700 clones the dog leg style is just better ergos in my opinion.

Im half tempted to make a straight handle to screw into the tempest bolt just to see how she feels. Ill still prefer swept but curiosity gets me sometimes.

I agree...swept or dont bother. Even on 700 clones the dog leg style is just better ergos in my opinion.

Im half tempted to make a straight handle to screw into the tempest bolt just to see how she feels. Ill still prefer swept but curiosity gets me sometimes.

I have seen some of the Tempest actions where the owner wanted the 700 style bolt and tac knob installed. If you look at Sikes rifles he runs his this way.

Last edited:
This new rifle is the first one I have had and I love it. When I ordered the Xtreme Hunter with the Tempest they specifically asked if I wanted the 700 style bolt handle and I said no.

Just waiting on the PRS2 now. Thus far enjoying the k525i.

IMG_0190.JPG

Yeah i think it had early growing pains, it's an awesome action though. Haven't thought of getting rid of mine.

Not sure if it was growing pains,m honestly. I'm a small sample size, but I have one of the very first actions that hit the street (LOW double digits) and I have yet to have a single issue. 1,000+ rounds of SAUM, ~6,000 rounds of 6 Creedmoor, and probably 2-3x that in dry fire and not a single issue.

Not sure if it was growing pains,m honestly. I'm a small sample size, but I have one of the very first actions that hit the street (LOW double digits) and I have yet to have a single issue. 1,000+ rounds of SAUM, ~6,000 rounds of 6 Creedmoor, and probably 2-3x that in dry fire and not a single issue.

I've got an earlier model as well that wasn't coated and haven't had any issues. Though around here at least at PRS matches i never see another Tempest. That and the consensus among some popular PRS shooters some of my friends including is that they don't like it. Be it trigger issues which admittedly i had or the slight hitch on closing the bolt. Then i know Shane kept having the cocking piece come undone during matches and his gun would go down.

Reactions: jzwolen
I've got an earlier model as well that wasn't coated and haven't had any issues. Though around here at least at PRS matches i never see another Tempest. That and the consensus among some popular PRS shooters some of my friends including is that they don't like it. Be it trigger issues which admittedly i had or the slight hitch on closing the bolt. Then i know Shane kept having the cocking piece come undone during matches and his gun would go down.

Mine was shipped bare, then got cerakoted, then had the cerakote stripped off and nitrided. My SAUM bolt was nitrided from the beginning. My standard bolt is more of a grey color now due to the number of cycles I have put on it, but the SAUM bolt is still quite dark.

I know there's not a ton of them running around PRS matches, but it's rare for me to go to a match without seeing another one, and often they're in my squad. That probably has more to do with the number of friends and teammates I have that run them than anything else, though.

I've never had trigger issues with my Timney CE, and I only get the hitch when running the bolt slow. If I am running it like I normnally do in a match or in practice, I definitely don't notice it.

Last edited:
Mine was shipped bare, then got cerakoted, then had the cerakote stripped off and nitrided. My SAUM bolt was nitrided from the beginning. My standard bolt is more of a grey color now due to the number of cycles I have put on it, but the SAUM bolt is still quite dark.

I know there's not a ton of them running around PRS matches, but it's rare for me to go to a match without seeing another one, and often they're in my squad. That probably has more to do with the number of friends and teammates I have that run them than anything else, though.

I've never had trigger issues with my Timney CE, and I only get the hitch when running the bolt slow. If I am running it like I normnally do in a match or in practice, I definitely don't notice it.

I tried to tell people with forward pressure the hitch is non existent and if you run it hard/fast even less so. Which is honestly how i like to run it. Admittedly i can brake a stable firing position sometimes trying to go too fast and on a boat stage it takes a little more finesse to not rock the entire thing. But as i've stated i've yet to feel a slicker action and i've yet to shoot an action that i enjoy cycling as much. It just feeds effortlessly.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Hi just wondering how does the dasher run and eject in the Tempest with proper magazines with kits installed

I had an earlier uncoated action and got it DLC coated. I only ever ran standard walker triggers, timney triggers and Bix N Andy but never had an issue with the proper hanger. I have noticed the closer you can get to the minimum FP protrusion the lighter the bolt is. My first uncaoted tempest I didnt set up the best I could on the trigger and was at the max end of protrusion and it was definitely heavier than my AI and current Tempest (newer melonited one). With the right setup my current tempest is considerably lighter lift than my AI and not much more than a Kelbly atlas tac bolt lift.

Other than trigger setup though Ive run the thing practically trying to break it and it just runs better. I sold my first tempest and realized what a big mistake it was, built another in less than a year and its my favorite go to rifle.

As far as cocking piece and FP coming loose...a dab of blue loctite on both set screws and mine has been rock solid. CCI primer issue is also a bunch of BS. Thats all I've ever run, large small, BR and Magnums...not one missfire.

20180707_131417.jpg

just to add interest. Bix'N'Andy tacsport, Mullerworks 26" medium palma, 6.5x47L, Hellfire brake, KRG Whisky 3 Gen6, badger m40a3/5 rings, Vortex Razor2.

Reactions: M338 and 5RWill
Hi just wondering how does the dasher run and eject in the Tempest with proper magazines with kits installed

Yes not an issue, George has a video on facebook of it somewhere. I'll see if i can find it.

Here is one, not the specific one but one. I've seen it done with AW mags as well just incase you want to stick with those. That was the video i was looking for.
28577640_1828264353915272_6368650672667743051_n.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to tell people with forward pressure the hitch is non existent and if you run it hard/fast even less so. Which is honestly how i like to run it. Admittedly i can brake a stable firing position sometimes trying to go too fast and on a boat stage it takes a little more finesse to not rock the entire thing. But as i've stated i've yet to feel a slicker action and i've yet to shoot an action that i enjoy cycling as much. It just feeds effortlessly.

I despise boats, and I have to force myself to slow down with them, too.

Here is one, not the specific one but one. I've seen it done with AW mags as well just incase you want to stick with those. That was the video i was looking for.

Has anyone actually run AICS mags in a Tempest with standard SA rounds? I'm curious how much cutting and bending had to be done to make AICS fit.

Does anyone know how it ejects just the brass? Ejecting the longer loaded cartridge is easier than just the brass.

Rather than double post, here's an updated pic of the build finished and at home. That action is bloody unbelievable. If you're in Aus and chasing a custom, give the fellas at DC a call, they do good work.

Tempest.png

I saw 3 tempests at the TBRC, and 2 at the gunwerks match in August. Mine is included in those numbers

How did they fair? No issues i take it?

Rather than double post, here's an updated pic of the build finished and at home. That action is bloody unbelievable. If you're in Aus and chasing a custom, give the fellas at DC a call, they do good work.

Looks great bud, ready to get mine back up as well! Will for sure post an updated pic next weekend.

Think it's done for quite some time. Might have to trim the mini-chassis some feel like the trigger is rubbing and i can't get a piece of paper through the barrel channel without making contact. Really happy with elite swamp.
IMG_3912.jpg