• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tennessee gets ready to double down on red flag laws...you're on meds ? Hmmmm

Guess you’d better add alcohol and steroids to your list. Add in some emotions for good measure. Any feelings of stress, anger, happiness, and sadness? Anything bad happen lately? Lose your job or a family member? Better give up your gats till you’re cleared.

The problem with freedom is that it’s dangerous. Denying rights due to a med is about as dumb as denying them for a bad day.
Sounds good. I despise drunks as much if not more than druggies.

Everyone deals with stress, anger, happiness and sadness. Every single person here is going to die. Their parents will die, their kids will die. Some before old age and some will live past 100. Some will die due to their own stupidity and some will die through no fault of their own. People will get cancer and get in car accidents, get struck by lightning or washed away on a fishing trip.

That is called life. You can have emotions and feelings but you need to control them. If you cannot control yourself, then you either need to be locked away from society or at the very least kept away from weapons and implements that can be used to harm others.

Freedom is dangerous but soceity has always had rules. Humans are a social creature and in order for society for florish, it needs rules everyone abides by. Those that follow the rules can remain, those that can't, Well history was much more unforgiving to them then we are today. And maybe that is a big part of the problem. Allowing people who are a danger to society, the opportunity to harm society.

Losing a job is going to make you go on drugs? Pussy. Losing a family member sucks, but every single person is going to die and your life will be full of instances of people you know and love getting sick and/or dying. If you cannot come to grasp with this realization and understand it, then no drug is going to do that. It may numb the pain, but its always going to be there and will not get better until you deal with it.

Deal with your problems, don't run away and hide behind drugs. Especially men, its your job to be the strong one for your family. Suck it up and drive on.

There's a whole community of vets, current and former military, law enforcement, fire and EMS, using them to cope with some of the shit they've seen serving their country and/or community, some both that are anything but weak.

What have you done?
Other than spend almost 10 years in the Army, with a good portion of that in combat watching my best friend KIA, other buddies killed and maimed and a metric shitload of civies and enemy torn to actual shreds. Then add the few dozen who have killed themselves since then.

Many are not cut out for the military and what we do. They join for college tuition or because they need a job/skills or just for pain old patriotism. Amazingly, many do not have the fortitude to handle war and its a shame the branches do not do a better job of weeding these people out. It would save an emense cost on the backend, but they would have much harder time filling the ranks.

The militaries job is to fight wars. That involves the worst that humanity has to offer, but its not like its some big secret what happens. You think these kids never seen war movies or read a book about the attrocites that happen? I sure as shit did before I joined at 17, but luckily it all worked out.

Now I will argue that they should raise the age, Mens Brains do not fully develop until about age 25, and they tend to make poor decisions before that point in life. By the time I was 25, I had already been in the army for 8 years and seen almost 2 years in combat. I would be fine with them raising the minimum age for enlistment to 25, but the machine needs young, dumb and able bodied kids who do not fully grasp what they are singing up for, to fill the ranks. Once you are a bit older, more mature and capable of critical thinking, its harder to control people the same way or get someone to do something that goes against not only their personal but the collectives interest.

Not everyone is cut out to be a warrior and the bar for entry in the military is so low, you can actually be borderline retarded and still get in. Hell they were taking felons and drug addicts while I was still in. I am sure they were mostly mature critical thinking adults as well. ...LOL The DOD knows exactly what its doing and doesn't give a shit if takes in broken people who will be more broke by the time they get out. They need meat for the grinder, and it sure as shit aint their kids on the front lines.

Other than spend almost 10 years in the Army, with a good portion of that in combat watching my best friend KIA, other buddies killed and maimed and a metric shitload of civies and enemy torn to actual shreds. Then add the few dozen who have killed themselves since then.

Many are not cut out for the military and what we do. They join for college tuition or because they need a job/skills or just for pain old patriotism. Amazingly, many do not have the fortitude to handle war and its a shame the branches do not do a better job of weeding these people out. It would save an emense cost on the backend, but they would have much harder time filling the ranks.

The militaries job is to fight wars. That involves the worst that humanity has to offer, but its not like its some big secret what happens. You think these kids never seen war movies or read a book about the attrocites that happen? I sure as shit did before I joined at 17, but luckily it all worked out.

Now I will argue that they should raise the age, Mens Brains do not fully develop until about age 25, and they tend to make poor decisions before that point in life. By the time I was 25, I had already been in the army for 8 years and seen almost 2 years in combat. I would be fine with them raising the minimum age for enlistment to 25, but the machine needs young, dumb and able bodied kids who do not fully grasp what they are singing up for, to fill the ranks. Once you are a bit older, more mature and capable of critical thinking, its harder to control people the same way or get someone to do something that goes against not only their personal but the collectives interest.

Not everyone is cut out to be a warrior and the bar for entry in the military is so low, you can actually be borderline retarded and still get in. Hell they were taking felons and drug addicts while I was still in. I am sure they were mostly mature critical thinking adults as well. ...LOL The DOD knows exactly what its doing and doesn't give a shit if takes in broken people who will be more broke by the time they get out. They need meat for the grinder, and it sure as shit aint their kids on the front lines.
I'm glad you made it through all that healthy between the ears. Honestly.

Do you think you're the exception, or the rule? Should somebody who was with you that doesn't cope as well be denied their rights because some meds helps keep them straight?

Seems sort of dismissive of their contributions to me.

Reactions: JR_77
I'm glad you made it through all that healthy between the ears. Honestly.

Do you think you're the exception, or the rule? Should somebody who was with you that doesn't cope as well be denied their rights because some meds helps keep them straight?

Seems sort of dismissive of their contributions to me.
To be 100% honest with you, I think its how people are wired. I don't know what percentage of the population is capable of coping with adversity, and I firmly believe our society in the last 80-100 years has really wrecked people emotionally and mentally by instilling poor character traits while trying its best to remove the ugly parts of life from the average person. Death has always been a part of life, seeing dead people and loved ones die even at a young age hardened people and desnsitized them to death. Today you have adults who have never even seen a dead person in a funeral home, much less someone dead or going through the process of dying. Add in the social media and TV programing and many people have this distorted view of morality, self worth and what is actually important.

Its not like I did not spend days crying my eyes out about my buddies or get blackout drunk on a few of their anniversaries. That is life dude. But You got to get over that shit and try to live your best life. You get one shot on this rock so make the best of it. Try to find joy and happiness and people to share that with.

I do understand how extreme trauma can change people. But i think for the majority of people who come out fucked up from military service, their issues or mentality or state of mind that allowed this was there before they joined. They just were not cut out mentally for all that entailed. Then you also have a large portion who are faking shit for the benefits. I know more buddies faking it to get their $2-5K a month tax free than actual guys who seen some shit. Its not hard to tell who is full of shit and who is legit, when you been there, lived it and see how it effects people. Hard to bullshit your friends when they know you better than your family. But that's getting off topic.

The point is, Those people who cannot cope, and are on mind altering drugs as a result, are not people WE want having access to guns. They are the lightning rod that the enemy uses to take our rights away. They are the examples used to explain why they need to take all our guns away. By denying them these examples, we take away a large part of the legitimacy their arguments hold.

Reactions: Redmanss
We agree to disagree 🤷🏼‍♂️ It happens

Because I believe the same about the nut jobs. It's not the meds setting them off, they were already weak, compromised... whatever.

There's millions of people taking stuff like this, I'm sure not all of them need to be. I'm sure some abuse the drug or aren't having it followed or managed properly by a competent Doctor.

It's still a statistically insignificant number committing the acts of murder and violence. I don't condone revoking the rights of millions to try and avert a tragedy that would happen anyway drugs or no drugs.

Everyone wants an easy scapegoat to blame, drugs are easy. Looking hard at the bigger changes in society is harder.

Bunch of weak fucks. The reason these clowns are all fucked in the head is the medications they start pumping in them when their brains are still developing and instead of teaching people to cope and deal with reality, put more mind altering drugs in them.

Stop being a pussy, deal with life like men before you have done for a million years. Somehow the human race survived and flourished without SSRIs turning everyone into a zombies.

Feeling sad? Go eat some meat, lift some weights and go outside and get some sun. The rx from 100k years ago that still works today.

There is no issue here with due process. If you are on mind altering drugs...be it SSRI, acid or shooms,ect. You should not have access to firearms....period. We are constantly fighting liberals trying to take our shit away because a very small percentage of assholes can't stop shooting others and themselves. Make the punishment harsher and keep guns away from nut jobs....its actual common sense if you want to lower crime while infringing the least on the populaces rights.
“Shall not be infringed.” That’s pretty clear.

How about actually helping sick people, instead of just disarming them so we can go back to ignoring them?

To be 100% honest with you, I think its how people are wired. I don't know what percentage of the population is capable of coping with adversity, and I firmly believe our society in the last 80-100 years has really wrecked people emotionally and mentally by instilling poor character traits while trying its best to remove the ugly parts of life from the average person. Death has always been a part of life, seeing dead people and loved ones die even at a young age hardened people and desnsitized them to death. Today you have adults who have never even seen a dead person in a funeral home, much less someone dead or going through the process of dying. Add in the social media and TV programing and many people have this distorted view of morality, self worth and what is actually important.

Its not like I did not spend days crying my eyes out about my buddies or get blackout drunk on a few of their anniversaries. That is life dude. But You got to get over that shit and try to live your best life. You get one shot on this rock so make the best of it. Try to find joy and happiness and people to share that with.

I do understand how extreme trauma can change people. But i think for the majority of people who come out fucked up from military service, their issues or mentality or state of mind that allowed this was there before they joined. They just were not cut out mentally for all that entailed. Then you also have a large portion who are faking shit for the benefits. I know more buddies faking it to get their $2-5K a month tax free than actual guys who seen some shit. Its not hard to tell who is full of shit and who is legit, when you been there, lived it and see how it effects people. Hard to bullshit your friends when they know you better than your family. But that's getting off topic.

The point is, Those people who cannot cope, and are on mind altering drugs as a result, are not people WE want having access to guns. They are the lightning rod that the enemy uses to take our rights away. They are the examples used to explain why they need to take all our guns away. By denying them these examples, we take away a large part of the legitimacy their arguments hold.
I agree with you that something has changed in society that limits their ability to cope with hard times.

I think it’s a combination of soft living and lack of religion. Strong faith used to pull a lot of folks through the shit, and many don’t have that anymore. Combine that with people not really experiencing as much bad shit daily as they used to, and here we are, maybe?

You mean , you haven’t killed anyone yet. Fact is , they state it rite on the side effects. Not to mention all these mass shooters are on some form of “antidepressants.” I stated facts wether you like it or not. Unlike you my family and I don’t take unnecessary vaccines or meds.
These meds are many things. Useful. Dangerous. Over-prescribed. A blessing. A curse.

But whatever they are, it is not being on them that is dangerous. It is getting off them unsupervised that is the problem. Have it in your mind whether or not you can kill the neighbor you have known for a decade when the wheels fall off society. You see, the CVS has been burned and that is where he planned on getting a refill. Now he is at your door. Naked. Angry. Screaming about aliens. And has a 6 foot long broadsword.

Being on ssri or coming off, you shouldnt be able to own guns. There should be a cooling off period.

The biggest problem with gun death numbers is the majority are suicides. Taking guns away from people who are unstable and mentally ill is better for everyone as those numbers would drop...atleast as the gun being the method. They can slit their wrists or jump of a bridge instead so libs can talk about banning bridges.

The other piece is buying a gun or letting someone who is prohibited from owning using a firearm. Should be a felony resulting in their right to own firearms taken away.

People talk about the constitution but they never sold guns to the town loon or crazy fucking people back in the day. Most were institutionalized and those that weren't, no sane person would sell or give them a gun. Good way to find yourself slowly turning to coyote or bear shit.
Damn you got the answers for world peace......

Well, I'm sure you divulge in alcohol....that should disqualify you.... majority of abuse comes from alcohol related incidents.....

Now you shouldn't be able to own guns....never. No can oling down period since alcohol can be bought at almost any store....you don't even need a prescription for it......

See how this all goes......

You must really hate freedom or be one of those liberals who say "only the military should own guns".

Doc

Last edited:
Bunch of weak fucks. The reason these clowns are all fucked in the head is the medications they start pumping in them when their brains are still developing and instead of teaching people to cope and deal with reality, put more mind altering drugs in them.

Stop being a pussy, deal with life like men before you have done for a million years. Somehow the human race survived and flourished without SSRIs turning everyone into a zombies.

Feeling sad? Go eat some meat, lift some weights and go outside and get some sun. The rx from 100k years ago that still works today.

There is no issue here with due process. If you are on mind altering drugs...be it SSRI, acid or shooms,ect. You should not have access to firearms....period. We are constantly fighting liberals trying to take our shit away because a very small percentage of assholes can't stop shooting others and themselves. Make the punishment harsher and keep guns away from nut jobs....its actual common sense if you want to lower crime while infringing the least on the populaces rights.
You never had any alcohol in your whole life.....

That fits mind altering drugs.....so now you should be banned also....you're a dumb fucks.....rules for thee, but not for me.....

Found another glownigger......

Doc

So you admit to abusing mind altering substances.....well you should never own a gun ever again. Who's to say you couldn't have picked up a gun and killed someone....

Coming from the guy who thinks using a small dose ssri is worse than abusing alcohol. How Many alcoholics have killed entire families. How many drinks have abused people. How many drunks shot and killed people. How many drunks have cost others their lives......but the funny thing is we condone alcoholic use.

Took me trying all sorts of other therapies that ended up not working before I agreed to a very low dose ssri. funny thing is I'm monitored monthly with my "mind altering" medication....you monitored using alcohol????

Doc

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I've had a doctor's office ask me while getting my information and medical history "...Any chest pains? Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol, if so how much? Do you feel depressed? Do you own any guns?"

They usually try and get you to relax with routine questions before they sneak that one on you.

Doctors eveywhere are like government trappers and would like to get a patient on antidepessants and then check the 'gunowner' box.

Reactions: gigamortis
So you admit to abusing mind altering substances.....well you should never own a gun ever again. Who's to say you couldn't have picked up a gun and killed someone....

Coming from the guy who thinks using a small dose ssri is worse than abusing alcohol. How Many alcoholics have killed entire families. How many drinks have abused people. How many drunks shot and killed people. How many drunks have cost others their lives......but the funny thing is we condone alcoholic use.

Took me trying all sorts of other therapies that ended up not working before I agreed to a very low dose ssri. funny thing is I'm monitored monthly with my "mind altering" medication....you monitored using alcohol????

Doc
There is a 'friend' I've known since high school that I avoid going to he and his wife's house, on his turf, knowing he has a history of going from being a gracious host to a mean drunk with guns.

Besides war, alcohol has gotten more men killed than any other factor.

Reactions: Doc68

Everyone deals with stress, anger, happiness and sadness. Every single person here is going to die. Their parents will die, their kids will die. Some before old age and some will live past 100. Some will die due to their own stupidity and some will die through no fault of their own. People will get cancer and get in car accidents, get struck by lightning or washed away on a fishing trip.

That is called life. You can have emotions and feelings but you need to control them. If you cannot control yourself, then you either need to be locked away from society or at the very least kept away from weapons and implements that can be used to harm others.

Freedom is dangerous but soceity has always had rules. Humans are a social creature and in order for society for florish, it needs rules everyone abides by. Those that follow the rules can remain, those that can't, Well history was much more unforgiving to them then we are today. And maybe that is a big part of the problem. Allowing people who are a danger to society, the opportunity to harm society.

Losing a job is going to make you go on drugs? Pussy. Losing a family member sucks, but every single person is going to die and your life will be full of instances of people you know and love getting sick and/or dying. If you cannot come to grasp with this realization and understand it, then no drug is going to do that. It may numb the pain, but its always going to be there and will not get better until you deal with it.

Deal with your problems, don't run away and hide behind drugs. Especially men, its your job to be the strong one for your family. Suck it up and drive on.
"Freedom is dangerous "
Then you follow with the Big three letter word BUT. BUT I want the government to make it safe. But it is okay if everyone loses their liberty because of the .0001 % of society.
How many other BUTs are you willing to accept? But is the word that politician/government uses just before fucking you.
8 to 9 thousand people die from gun violence every year. How many are from these meds?
Should we ban swimming pools? BUT BUT more children die from drownings than from people on these meds. Don't you care about the children? If it only saves one child wouldn't it be worth it? How about McDonald's, Wendy's, Hardee's and the rest of the garbage food industry? They kill a hundred thousand a year. How about doctors? They kill 200,000 a year from malpractice. Should we ban them?
You are the one that said it. Freedom is dangerous. Deal with it!!

There is a 'friend' I've known since high school that I avoid going to he and his wife's house, on his turf, knowing he has a history of going from being a gracious host to a mean drunk with guns.

Besides war, alcohol has gotten more men killed than any other factor.
Lol some of you have the logic of a pine knot. Big difference between drinking to excess a few times in their life and being a drunk or doing something stupid like drinking and driving. If you cannot discern the difference between that and habitual drug users then you probally aren't smart enough for this conversation.

"Freedom is dangerous "
Then you follow with the Big three letter word BUT. BUT I want the government to make it safe. But it is okay if everyone loses their liberty because of the .0001 % of society.
How many other BUTs are you willing to accept? But is the word that politician/government uses just before fucking you.
8 to 9 thousand people die from gun violence every year. How many are from these meds?
Should we ban swimming pools? BUT BUT more children die from drownings than from people on these meds. Don't you care about the children? If it only saves one child wouldn't it be worth it? How about McDonald's, Wendy's, Hardee's and the rest of the garbage food industry? They kill a hundred thousand a year. How about doctors? They kill 200,000 a year from malpractice. Should we ban them?
You are the one that said it. Freedom is dangerous. Deal with it!!
It was a response to the earlier post. Learn to read.

It was a response to the earlier post. Learn to read.
Still applies. It's your stance that some people shouldn't be allowed guns because of a medication that they take may make them dangerous.
Pools, doctors, fast food and a host of other things are more dangerous.
If you can not connect the two. Maybe it's you that's deficient. You can read but lack critical thinking and comprehension.

Being on UNVACCINATED or coming off A FLU, you shouldnt be able to LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. EAT OR LIVE.. There should be a cooling off period.

The biggest problem with FLU death numbers is the majority are UNVACCINATED. Taking LIBERTY away from people who are unstable and mentally ill is better for everyone as those numbers OF FLU would drop...atleast as the QUARANTINE BEING the method. They can slit their wrists or jump of a bridge instead so libs can talk about banning bridges.

The other piece NOT WEARING A MASK or letting someone who is prohibited from BEING OUTSIDE. Should be a felony resulting in their right to ROAM FREE SHOULD BE taken away.

People talk about the constitution but they never ALLOWED A INFECTED loon or crazy fucking people back in the day. Most were institutionalized and those that weren't, no sane person would THINK THEY HAD RIGHTS. Good way to find yourself slowly turning to coyote or bear shit.
Maybe this will open your eyes. ^^^

R

Reactions: Schütze
Still applies. It's your stance that some people shouldn't be allowed guns because of a medication that they take may make them dangerous.
Pools, doctors, fast food and a host of other things are more dangerous.
If you can not connect the two. Maybe it's you that's deficient. You can read but lack critical thinking and comprehension.
Pools make you shoot up a church ? Fast food causes you to shoot up a school.

You lack the reasoning ability to even have a civil conversation.

Lol some of you have the logic of a pine knot. Big difference between drinking to excess a few times in their life and being a drunk or doing something stupid like drinking and driving. If you cannot discern the difference between that and habitual drug users then you probally aren't smart enough for this conversation.
WTF are you talking about, idiot. Your comments are fractured and all over the place.

I bet your therapist loves trying to keep you on one train of thought.

• Haha
Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount

Just a comparison of things that can kill us. Having a civil conversation would be to respond , "help me understand your point" and not by tossing out an insult.

Giving the Government more power not granted by the Constitution is the current slippery slope we're on and it is getting slicker by the minute. Destroy that outdated, old white guy document at all cost. They've already decimated the 1st Amendment and are working hard to destroy the 2nd, 4th and 5th.

This latest anti-gun crowd, straw-man argument is having the intended effect. Divide and conquer. Those folks are working day and night to remove firearms from every law abiding citizen. They are doing this incrementally and they are patient. If they can divide the 2A crowd with any issue they are making progress toward their ultimate goal.

FWIW, there is no "gun death epidemic" BUT wait until the clowns at the CDC declare one.

You lack the reasoning ability to even have a civil conversation

You aren’t trying to have a civil conversation. You’re one step away for arguing for “common sense” gun control and even you know you’re full of shit. Let’s not pretend your 10 years as a Cav scout is the metric for what other guys have seen overseas 😂. Next we’ll hear how diesel mechanics with a few deployments are fine and so everyone else should be fine. They’re “pretty much infantry” as well.

You aren’t trying to have a civil conversation. You’re one step away for arguing for “common sense” gun control and even you know you’re full of shit. Let’s not pretend your 10 years as a Cav scout is the metric for what other guys have seen overseas 😂. Next we’ll hear how diesel mechanics with a few deployments are fine and so everyone else should be fine. They’re “pretty much infantry” as well.
Who said I spent 10 years as a scout? This is why we can't have a civil conversation.

Most like you just make assumptions and huge logic leaps without having an idea what they are talking about. Instead of sharing your first hand expereince and how they may differ/be similar to frame an actual arguement, you make some bullshit up to deflect away from the fact you cannot make a sound argument. Its a bitch move.

• Haha
Reactions: jb0311
Just a comparison of things that can kill us. Having a civil conversation would be to respond , "help me understand your point" and not by tossing out an insult.

Giving the Government more power not granted by the Constitution is the current slippery slope we're on and it is getting slicker by the minute. Destroy that outdated, old white guy document at all cost. They've already decimated the 1st Amendment and are working hard to destroy the 2nd, 4th and 5th.

This latest anti-gun crowd, straw-man argument is having the intended effect. Divide and conquer. Those folks are working day and night to remove firearms from every law abiding citizen. They are doing this incrementally and they are patient. If they can divide the 2A crowd with any issue they are making progress toward their ultimate goal.

FWIW, there is no "gun death epidemic" BUT wait until the clowns at the CDC declare one.

Not a logical or legitimate comparison at all. Someone with free will using tools to harm/murder while under mind altering substances is somehow relevant to pools how? If you cannot understand how retarded that argument is, you must in fact be retarded.

Its not giving the government any more power than they already have. We do not live in an anarchy as much as some of you think you want, which is hilarious since you would probably be the first assholes to get clapped in such a scenario. Not all laws/rules are infringement.

If there was no other restrictions on the 2A, then ok, you have an argument. We do not live in that world and considering the insane restrictions some people have to put up with, keeping guns out of the hands of loons and nut jobs doesn't sound to unreasonable. In fact the laws are already on the books, just need to enforce them. Especially when they are one of the 2 biggest segments of the population is responsible for gun violence (other being gangs).

If you do not keep your own community in check, someone else will come in and do it for you. This is whats happening and you dumb shits cannot see the forest for the trees. Responsible gun owners should be the biggest voices in keeping guns away from people who can harm their community and rights. Or sit back and cry like a bitch and wonder how you end with draconian laws like in IL or CA.

Who said I spent 10 years as a scout? This is why we can't have a civil conversation.

Most like you just make assumptions and huge logic leaps without having an idea what they are talking about. Instead of sharing your first hand expereince and how they may differ/be similar to frame an actual arguement, you make some bullshit up to deflect away from the fact you cannot make a sound argument. Its a bitch move.

We can’t have a civil conversation because you’ve resorted to insults behind a computer screen to justify your fear of people who seek mental health. That’s the bitch move. You throw your own pity party about what you supposedly saw overseas while minimizing what others saw, and suggesting “I’m fine so you should be fine too, if you aren’t then I’m all for you losing your 2A rights”. You seem like you have you’re own emotional issues judging by your posts so maybe your untreated anger issues should get your rights stripped away without due process as well. You know exactly what you’re doing and just don’t have the integrity to admit it, saying you’re trying to have a civil conversation while being the most uncivil person on this thread.

Giving the Government more power not granted by the Constitution is the current slippery slope we're on and it is getting slicker by the minute.
I need to double check the slippery slope record books but I‘m fairly certain old slippery slope is undefeated.

Reactions: charbroiled
You're like the range Fudd that says go ahead and ban 30 round mags because you only duck hunt with a shotgun.

You don't care because it doesn't affect you. I know a number of people on or who took SSRIs to get through something and none turned into psychos. It doesn't mean shit.

Nobody's rights should be yanked without due process, period. Everyone here should know that.
Agree, nobody's rights should be yanked without due process. Not even Fauci's (as much as that pains me to say).

However, I don't think the 'gubment' really needs to know that much more than they already have illegally obtained about people. As I first said, this "banning rights on meds" is a VERY slippery slope. And for the record the folks I know/knew on SSRI's never exhibited anything other than 100% normal behavior (even if they did blink out on occassion with stopping dose) .

I'm no a fan of all these "pharmaceuticals" - some work great, others...so many side effects it's scary. A friend of mine's child was on a newer anti-seizure medication and the child (near adult) took themselves off after reading the side effects like "weight gain, more seizures and suicide risk." Call me a born skeptic with meds. However, too many of these "SSRI's" are not viewed upon as "getting through it"; but instead are viewed as permanent fixes.

Another example: I'm supposed to be on statins and I refuse...the few times I did take it (2 weeks or so), my back hurt so bad I told the doctor...I'd rather just freaking konk out!!!.

So all these meds (psycho or physical) are being way overpresribed. I'm sure they help some folks; but I think they need to be a last resort and too often they're first resort (think of a 5 year old boy with attention deficit....really, at 5...most kids are attention deficit).

We can’t have a civil conversation because you’ve resorted to insults behind a computer screen to justify your fear of people who seek mental health. That’s the bitch move. You throw your own pity party about what you supposedly saw overseas while minimizing what others saw, and suggesting “I’m fine so you should be fine too, if you aren’t then I’m all for you losing your 2A rights”. You seem like you have you’re own emotional issues judging by your posts so maybe your untreated anger issues should get your rights stripped away without due process as well. You know exactly what you’re doing and just don’t have the integrity to admit it, saying you’re trying to have a civil conversation while being the most uncivil person on this thread.
Again, you are just making shit up because you are mentally incapable of having this conversation. I am not insulting you, I am stating a fact.

No where did I say people should not get treated or seek mental health treatment. You are trying to bend this argument into some non logical bullshit because you cannot mane a sound argument on the merits.

The whole point of this thread is people on SSRI's and other brain altering chemicals (and then some asshole like you will say "wut aboot cafeenie and nicotine...dur" becuase you lack the ability to understand nuance.) that virtually every mass shooter in the last 30 years has a history of taking along with being a fucking nut case.

I want to keep guns out of the hands of unstable , weak minded loons who are a large reason why more gun control gets shoved down our throats.
Then you dipshits over here crying "But muh rightsssss".

Agree, nobody's rights should be yanked without due process. Not even Fauci's (as much as that pains me to say), still deserves a trial (or I guess in the case of this SSRI/RedFlag, at least a hearing).

I'm no a fan of all these "pharmaceuticals" - some work great, others...so many side effects it's scary. A friend of mine's child was on a newer anti-seizure medication and the child (near adult) took themselves off after reading the side effects like "weight gain, more seizures and suicide risk." Call me a born skeptic with meds.

Another example: I'm supposed to be on statins and I refuse...the few times I did take it (2 weeks or so), my back hurt so bad I told the doctor...I'd rather just freaking konk out!!!.

So all these meds (psycho or physical) are being way overpresribed. I'm sure they help some folks; but I think they need to be a last resort and too often they're first resort (think of a 5 year old boy with attention deficit....really, at 5...most kids are attention deficit).

That’s a symptom of our heath industry as a whole. Nothing should be prescribed without regular oversight. In the case of depression/anxiety meds they should be used alongside a therapy program as well. Since the common sense advocate on here is using vets as a target, it should be known that ptsd isn’t cured by meds, but by therapy, by which the efficacy can be increased with meds. I work closely with vets here and most find that they have to go through several different meds and combinations of meds till they find something that works for them. It’s not a one size fits all approach. But the most effective treatment is always the therapy. I think the last thing we should do is discourage people from seeking help. To act like guys who bottle it down instead of confronting their issues are better off than guys who seek gelp are why we are in this problem to begin with.

Again, you are just making shit up because you are mentally incapable of having this conversation. I am not insulting you, I am stating a fact.

No where did I say people should not get treated or seek mental health treatment. You are trying to bend this argument into some non logical bullshit because you cannot mane a sound argument on the merits.

The whole point of this thread is people on SSRI's and other brain altering chemicals (and then some asshole like you will say "wut aboot cafeenie and nicotine...dur" becuase you lack the ability to understand nuance.) that virtually every mass shooter in the last 30 years has a history of taking along with being a fucking nut case.

I want to keep guns out of the hands of unstable , weak minded loons who are a large reason why more gun control gets shoved down our throats.

You aren’t even being honest with yourself. You are no different than when other liberals told us “nobody is going to take your guns” and then here we are today. Your head is so far up your own ass you don’t even know how full of shit you are. But it’s cool, because clearly you are intellectually superior because you are being super civil with your insults, sorry “facts” 😂. Just have the balls to admit that you are doing it at least.

You’re trying to make a correlation while ignoring other variables. You’re arguing for basically ignoring those other variables and just saying “well ssris we’re present so let’s look no further”. Same fucking argument they are making with semi-autos. It won’t be the liberal voters that take our rights. It’s closet liberals like you that will gladly hand them over because of “common sense” laws like this one being presented.
You aren’t saying people shouldn’t ve treated, you’re just saying we should take away their firearms if they do. Like that’s not going to stop people from being treated. Not everyone can be as badass and intellectual as you though so let’s punish them for it. Let’s go one further and make fun of guys who care about their rights. They aren’t as important as the overall safety. If it saves just one life right?
Also where did I say anything about caffeine or anything remotely similar? Weren’t you just screaming “reeeee” about me assuming shit about you? 😂

Thing is, your insults that you are pretending to be facts, only accomplish your goal if your target gives a shit what you think. Just grow a spine and admit that’s what you’re doing. Nobody here believes you. You think we haven’t heard your arguments before? Straight out of the every town for gun safety brochure. At least you’re outing yourself on here I guess, even if you don’t have the balls to say as much.

You aren’t even being honest with yourself. You are no different than when other liberals told us “nobody is going to take your guns” and then here we are today. Your head is so far up your own ass you don’t even know how full of shit you are. But it’s cool, because clearly you are intellectually superior because you are being super civil with your insults, sorry “facts” 😂. Just have the balls to admit that you are doing it at least.

You’re trying to make a correlation while ignoring other variables. You’re arguing for basically ignoring those other variables and just saying “well ssris we’re present so let’s look no further”. Same fucking argument they are making with semi-autos. It won’t be the liberal voters that take our rights. It’s closet liberals like you that will gladly hand them over because of “common sense” laws like this one being presented.
You aren’t saying people shouldn’t ve treated, you’re just saying we should take away their firearms if they do. Like that’s not going to stop people from being treated. Not everyone can be as badass and intellectual as you though so let’s punish them for it. Let’s go one further and make fun of guys who care about their rights. They aren’t as important as the overall safety. If it saves just one life right?
Also where did I say anything about caffeine or anything remotely similar? Weren’t you just screaming “reeeee” about me assuming shit about you? 😂

Thing is, your insults that you are pretending to be facts, only accomplish your goal if your target gives a shit what you think. Just grow a spine and admit that’s what you’re doing. Nobody here believes you. You think we haven’t heard your arguments before? Straight out of the every town for gun safety brochure. At least you’re outing yourself on here I guess, even if you don’t have the balls to say as much.
jerk-off-the-hangover.gif

It takes one time to make a mistake while drunk....are all those families killed by drunk divers a big difference for the one time drinker doing it or the habitually drinker just not having it happen sooner......

I'll wait for your reply......

Doc

Not a logical or legitimate comparison at all. Someone with free will using tools to harm/murder while under mind altering substances is somehow relevant to pools how? If you cannot understand how retarded that argument is, you must in fact be retarded.

Its not giving the government any more power than they already have. We do not live in an anarchy as much as some of you think you want, which is hilarious since you would probably be the first assholes to get clapped in such a scenario. Not all laws/rules are infringement.

If there was no other restrictions on the 2A, then ok, you have an argument. We do not live in that world and considering the insane restrictions some people have to put up with, keeping guns out of the hands of loons and nut jobs doesn't sound to unreasonable. In fact the laws are already on the books, just need to enforce them. Especially when they are one of the 2 biggest segments of the population is responsible for gun violence (other being gangs).

If you do not keep your own community in check, someone else will come in and do it for you. This is whats happening and you dumb shits cannot see the forest for the trees. Responsible gun owners should be the biggest voices in keeping guns away from people who can harm their community and rights. Or sit back and cry like a bitch and wonder how you end with draconian laws like in IL or CA.
Like another on here said, you like to maximize your experience while minimizing others.

That's said, I joined the Army when I was 28, so my brain was already fully developed. Before that, I had already been doing EMS since I was 18 and on the local fire company at age 16, graduated fire academy at 17.

I'm 45 almost now. I still work in emergency medicine. I've seen more shit than you will ever fathom. So just because I've been on an SSRI for three years now, will show my fortitude as to dealing with fucking life.

Doc

But the argument wasn't nicotine or caffeine, now was it Mr Strawman.....it was Alcohol which you seem to be ignoring........

Why is that????

Doc

He's just another liberal glownigger......period.

Noticed he hasn't addressed any of the alcohol points I've brought up.....

He can't make an honest argument.

Doc

It takes one time to make a mistake while drunk....are all those families killed by drunk divers a big difference for the one time drinker doing it or the habitually drinker just not having it happen sooner......

I'll wait for your reply......

Doc
What are you babbling on about now? Try to make a coherent statement.

No where did I ever condone drunk driving. In fact, Give them 10 years for first offense, 2nd offense or harm to anyone, hang them.

You really suck at making an argument. Might want to stop before you embarrass yourself more.

He's just another liberal glownigger......period.

Noticed he hasn't addressed any of the alcohol points I've brought up.....

He can't make an honest argument.

Doc
You really like that word huh? Keep using it instead of saying what you really want to.

Like another on here said, you like to maximize your experience while minimizing others.

That's said, I joined the Army when I was 28, so my brain was already fully developed. Before that, I had already been doing EMS since I was 18 and on the local fire company at age 16, graduated fire academy at 17.

I'm 45 almost now. I still work in emergency medicine. I've seen more shit than you will ever fathom. So just because I've been on an SSRI for three years now, will show my fortitude as to dealing with fucking life.

Doc

Ah it all makes sense now.

The "Since I am drugged up, it should be allowed" argument.

The same way most drug addicts and drunks have no problem with drunk driving or how they effect others.

Your opinion is not impartial. If you can't handle the job without numbing your brain with drugs, do something else.

There's a lot of pressure in everyday Life now that didn't exist even a decade ago. Sometimes an individual just can't cope anymore and they get more and more despondent and dysfunctional day by day until they end up rocking back and forth on their knees, in the dark, crying quietly to themselves and then, finally, they pick up a gun and end their pain.

There's a lot of pressure in everyday Life now that didn't exist even a decade ago. Sometimes an individual just can't cope anymore and they get more and more despondent and dysfunctional day by day until they end up rocking back and forth on their knees, in the dark, crying quietly to themselves and then, finally, they pick up a gun and kill every living thing they can find before they or the Police end their pain.

My opinion. "shall not be infringed" really is a thing in America.

VooDoo​

Being on ssri or coming off, you shouldnt be able to own guns. There should be a cooling off period.

The biggest problem with gun death numbers is the majority are suicides. Taking guns away from people who are unstable and mentally ill is better for everyone as those numbers would drop...atleast as the gun being the method. They can slit their wrists or jump of a bridge instead so libs can talk about banning bridges.

The other piece is buying a gun or letting someone who is prohibited from owning using a firearm. Should be a felony resulting in their right to own firearms taken away.

People talk about the constitution but they never sold guns to the town loon or crazy fucking people back in the day. Most were institutionalized and those that weren't, no sane person would sell or give them a gun. Good way to find yourself slowly turning to coyote or bear shit.

You are the exact kind of FUDD that makes everybody lose their 2A rights.

You openly not only agree with but DEMAND that the 2A be considered at best a "second class right" or according to your wishes a "privilege" only if the government and the medical establishment think you are a nice little slave.

Oh and you want to dictate how people should be allowed to kill themselves... well fuck just move to Canada, it's all nicely setup there, you'd probably agree with it.

You seem to forget that to the government, people like YOU are the crazy and dangerous ones and they will be happy to use all the laws you so beg to be put into place on YOU and NOT on the "undesirables" you want to strip rights from.

Perhaps if the FBI wasn't involved there wouldn't be nearly as many problems with people shooting up the place...
I mean "known to the FBI" seems to be a requirement for all mass murderers these days.

What are you babbling on about now? Try to make a coherent statement.

No where did I ever condone drunk driving. In fact, Give them 10 years for first offense, 2nd offense or harm to anyone, hang them.

You really suck at making an argument. Might want to stop before you embarrass yourself more.
Point is, you could have a psycho moment while black out drunk, as you have already admitted to. I however am not blacked out on my medication. I am very aware of what I do.

Can you say the same while you are inibriated....

Didn't think so. Just because you deal with your stress by drinking it away, as you have already stated doesn't means other ways of dealing with stress doesn't make them wrong.

Guess your views on this didn't go over as planned.....maybe you should go back to drinking and black out......

Do you have access to your guns while blacked out drunk.....guess that would be the perfect excuse when you finally kill your family or someone else while drinking......."your honor, I didn't know what I was doing".....

Doc

Reactions: W54/XM-388

Alcohol related car deaths happen 32 per day
32x365=11680
Times that's by 24 years, since columbine, since you wanted to bring that little gem up.

11680x24=280,320 people dead by Alcohol related car deaths.

Thats not including deaths from any other ways that alcohol was involved.

How many people dead from mass shootings from 1999 columbine to present with shooter being on SSRI. I Can't find exact numbers, but I'll put 1000 dollars that it's less than 2k.

Now which one causes more deaths and destruction........you are just mad because the media told you to be mad at SSRI and guns and not the true underlying causes of pure evil.

Cav scout.....now it explains a little more.

Doc

So you don't care that hundreds of thousands can be saved every year by limiting junk food, doctors and swimming pools. Just the twenty or so that may be associated with a medication.
Talk about intellectually lame. You are the poster child

Reactions: jb0311