Terminus Actions

Franko

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 19, 2018
Southern California
What magazines is everyone running on their BR variants? A few years ago I ran an AICS w/ Primal Rights BR Kit and it ran flawlessly in my Axiom. Planning on a 22BR Zeus.
I tried to get a 6BR to work with AW mags and the HRD kit and failed. I was able to get the 6BR to feed flawlessly (about 200 rounds so far without any issues) using the Primal Rights magazine kit and AICS 10 round mags.

Important note: the 6BR worked with long for caliber 107 Sierra bullets. When I tried to work up some rounds for varmints (6BR with 62 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades and a much shorter OAL) I ran into feeding issues as well. I am still trying to make this work but am starting to think that 6BR won't work with magazine feeding with short and light bullets.

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I tried to get a 6BR to work with AW mags and the HRD kit and failed. I was able to get the 6BR to feed flawlessly (about 200 rounds so far without any issues) using the Primal Rights magazine kit and AICS 10 round mags.

Important note: the 6BR worked with long for caliber 107 Sierra bullets. When I tried to work up some rounds for varmints (6BR with 62 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades and a much shorter OAL) I ran into feeding issues as well. I am still trying to make this work but am starting to think that 6BR won't work with magazine feeding with short and light bullets.
Yeah, my 6BR ran 108gr with ease. My 22BR will be running 88gr ELDMs which are pretty long. Sounds like PR + AICS is the ticket again.

Reactions: Franko

Tokay444

Black Rifles Matter.
Minuteman
  • Jun 24, 2019
    I grabbed the MDT on Black Friday sale. Haven’t had an issue.

Matt_3479

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 12, 2009
    What magazines is everyone running on their BR variants? A few years ago I ran an AICS w/ Primal Rights BR Kit and it ran flawlessly in my Axiom. Planning on a 22BR Zeus.

I’m running the mdt 6br mags and haven’t had an issue yet with over 100 cycle through it so seems good. Tried to fiddle and make something work with the arc mag and just couldn’t do it unfortunately.

I’ve tried the mdt mags in my terminus with my buddies 6br barrel (normally houses a 25 creed) and now in my impact 6bra without issues

Reactions: S3th

Tokay444

Black Rifles Matter.
    Minuteman
  • Jun 24, 2019
    That’s good to know. I thought that wouldn’t work with a 3-lug.
    The have mentioned that, and I couldn’t understand the mechanics of why, so I picked up a pair and both run flawlessly in the Archimedes. The JAE-700 has an adjustable mag catch, but I haven’t touched it from my AICS setup for 6.5Creed.

Mojo0254

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 8, 2014
    I did the same thing except 6GT. Hoping to order the Zeus so they arrive about the same time.

Reactions: S3th

MarkDS

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2020
    Standard 6.5/.308 or the BR version?
    I'm running MDT BR mags with two Zeus(6BRX and Dasher) in MPA chassis.
    All good with MPA mag blocks installed in chassis and mag latch set to suit.
    Also have an AICS mag with MPA(PVA) BR kit and it's very good too.

Best Zeus BR feeding I've seen is AW mags with HRD kits. One of the guys has feed couple thousand rounds with this setup and had one misfeed, literally.
    (I can't run the AW as my Zeus are the Gen1 .750bolt)

Another tip on the Zeus; run the bolt pretty fast with the BR, BRX, Dasher and that seems to feed best.
    If you run the bolt forward slow that's when I see nose dives, etc.

Sogan

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 11, 2013
    Anyone know what the current lead time is? I’m willing to order from anywhere for the most part

pinkhair

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Aug 26, 2008
    Savannah, ga
    Yea that was one of the main reasons I ordered one. Ordered the 223 and 308 bolts. Already have a few barrels just waiting on the action now, should be pretty soon hopefully.

Sylvertiger

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 23, 2020
    Stupid question, I noticed that some of the Zeus actions have a shaped bolt shroud and some of them are smooth; how do I get the Zeus with the shaped shroud? Thank you

Franko

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 19, 2018
    Southern California
    Stupid question, I noticed that some of the Zeus actions have a shaped bolt shroud and some of them are smooth; how do I get the Zeus with the shaped shroud? Thank you
    The shroud with the angled cuts is an older design that had a protruding pin in back so you knew the firing pin was cocked (one of my three bolts uses this style). I think Terminus went to the newer design you don't like because of concerns of dust getting into the action through the hole in the shroud. If you really want the old one Terminus might have some around. Or you can advertise on the PX and find a seller or somebody willing to trade.

S3th

Indecisive
    Minuteman
    Oct 14, 2018
    Greensboro NC
    I agree. I am not sure why he changed as the cut shroud looks much more premium. Then he added the firing pin hole and quickly pulled away from that design. I imagine he is using a rounded shroud because it's faster and cheaper to manufacture + it's universal between Zeus and Apollo?

AXMC

short-throw aficionado
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2017
    I believe the sequence of Zeus shrouds goes like this:
    1. Faceted shroud (the first batch of Vector clones may have had the same shape as a Curtis but shortly after at least, he went to a shroud with more and smaller facets)
    2. Faceted shroud with cocking indicator. The indicator was short lived since it retracted in too far and left an open hole for debris. Personally, I would have liked to see him keep it and just extend the back of the pin more, like an AI.....but maybe it would have made the pin too heavy
    3. Return to a closed shroud. Timing was around the same time as Joel winning the Curtis lawsuit. Part of the terms though were that the two companies' actions needed to be more visually dissimilar...hence the move to a rounded shroud (and faceted bolt knob I believe)
    Visually, I prefer the Curtis type shroud, with the small faceted one coming in second and the rounded last....

Reactions: deersniper and S3th

ForgeValley

Can't cheat the mountain
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2018
    WNC
    I've got both and prefer the hourglass. :)

I use my forefinger to work the bolt sometimes and hourglass works well for that.

Only 25 bucks to give it a try.

bodhisafa

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 24, 2013
    Does anyone have the quick barrel change option and wished the would have gone full thread on the terminus Zeus ?

ForgeValley

Can't cheat the mountain
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2018
    WNC
    Does anyone have the quick barrel change option and wished the would have gone full thread on the terminus Zeus ?

Given you can use a full thread barrel on the quick change action, there is really no reason to not get the quick change.

Reactions: SCGunner84

Matt_3479

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 12, 2009

I have an impact, KS and a bighorn I change barrels on, and my terminus quick change is just so stinking easy, so stinking quick, and wish the others had it. Being about to use full thread barrels, actionwrench, a barrel vise if you want then why not go quick change. Give you whichever route you want to go! But after using the quick change, I’ll only use the quick change when I can

midwestoffroad

Private
    Minuteman
    May 22, 2017
    Medford, MN

Attachments

• 20210929_014423.jpg
      20210929_014423.jpg
      174.1 KB · Views: 111

Lunchbox27

Professional whisky drinker
    Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2017
    Just ordered a Zeus. I’ve had a vector for a few years and a bunch of barrels. Pulled the trigger because…. Fuck it, why not?

Reactions: midwestoffroad

deersniper

What would BurtGummer do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    I think ppl were talking about wait times

Some in stock here :

Reactions: midwestoffroad

shax2lex

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 27, 2013
    Columbia, SC
    I have the hourglass knob and I like to lift it with my index finger as others have said.

I love the quick change barrel and I’m thinking of getting 2 barrels in the spring. 308 and 300wsm.

love my terminus.

Reactions: patriotnation

S3th

Indecisive
    Minuteman
    Oct 14, 2018
    Greensboro NC
    I have the hourglass knob and I like to lift it with my index finger as others have said.

I love the quick change barrel and I’m thinking of getting 2 barrels in the spring. 308 and 300wsm.

love my terminus.
    My hourglass knob arrived the other day and I love it.