• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

What magazines is everyone running on their BR variants? A few years ago I ran an AICS w/ Primal Rights BR Kit and it ran flawlessly in my Axiom. Planning on a 22BR Zeus.

I’m running the mdt 6br mags and haven’t had an issue yet with over 100 cycle through it so seems good. Tried to fiddle and make something work with the arc mag and just couldn’t do it unfortunately.

I’ve tried the mdt mags in my terminus with my buddies 6br barrel (normally houses a 25 creed) and now in my impact 6bra without issues

Reactions: S3th
That’s good to know. I thought that wouldn’t work with a 3-lug.
The have mentioned that, and I couldn’t understand the mechanics of why, so I picked up a pair and both run flawlessly in the Archimedes. The JAE-700 has an adjustable mag catch, but I haven’t touched it from my AICS setup for 6.5Creed.

I did the same thing except 6GT. Hoping to order the Zeus so they arrive about the same time.

Reactions: S3th
Standard 6.5/.308 or the BR version?
I'm running MDT BR mags with two Zeus(6BRX and Dasher) in MPA chassis.
All good with MPA mag blocks installed in chassis and mag latch set to suit.
Also have an AICS mag with MPA(PVA) BR kit and it's very good too.

Best Zeus BR feeding I've seen is AW mags with HRD kits. One of the guys has feed couple thousand rounds with this setup and had one misfeed, literally.
(I can't run the AW as my Zeus are the Gen1 .750bolt)

Another tip on the Zeus; run the bolt pretty fast with the BR, BRX, Dasher and that seems to feed best.
If you run the bolt forward slow that's when I see nose dives, etc.

Anyone know what the current lead time is? I’m willing to order from anywhere for the most part

Yea that was one of the main reasons I ordered one. Ordered the 223 and 308 bolts. Already have a few barrels just waiting on the action now, should be pretty soon hopefully.

Stupid question, I noticed that some of the Zeus actions have a shaped bolt shroud and some of them are smooth; how do I get the Zeus with the shaped shroud? Thank you

Stupid question, I noticed that some of the Zeus actions have a shaped bolt shroud and some of them are smooth; how do I get the Zeus with the shaped shroud? Thank you
The shroud with the angled cuts is an older design that had a protruding pin in back so you knew the firing pin was cocked (one of my three bolts uses this style). I think Terminus went to the newer design you don't like because of concerns of dust getting into the action through the hole in the shroud. If you really want the old one Terminus might have some around. Or you can advertise on the PX and find a seller or somebody willing to trade.

I agree. I am not sure why he changed as the cut shroud looks much more premium. Then he added the firing pin hole and quickly pulled away from that design. I imagine he is using a rounded shroud because it's faster and cheaper to manufacture + it's universal between Zeus and Apollo?

I believe the sequence of Zeus shrouds goes like this:
1. Faceted shroud (the first batch of Vector clones may have had the same shape as a Curtis but shortly after at least, he went to a shroud with more and smaller facets)
2. Faceted shroud with cocking indicator. The indicator was short lived since it retracted in too far and left an open hole for debris. Personally, I would have liked to see him keep it and just extend the back of the pin more, like an AI.....but maybe it would have made the pin too heavy
3. Return to a closed shroud. Timing was around the same time as Joel winning the Curtis lawsuit. Part of the terms though were that the two companies' actions needed to be more visually dissimilar...hence the move to a rounded shroud (and faceted bolt knob I believe)
Visually, I prefer the Curtis type shroud, with the small faceted one coming in second and the rounded last....

Anyone running the hourglass knob? If so, how do you like it compared to the faceted tear drop?

I've got both and prefer the hourglass. :)

I use my forefinger to work the bolt sometimes and hourglass works well for that.

Only 25 bucks to give it a try.

Does anyone have the quick barrel change option and wished the would have gone full thread on the terminus Zeus ?

Does anyone have the quick barrel change option and wished the would have gone full thread on the terminus Zeus ?

Given you can use a full thread barrel on the quick change action, there is really no reason to not get the quick change.

Reactions: SCGunner84

I have an impact, KS and a bighorn I change barrels on, and my terminus quick change is just so stinking easy, so stinking quick, and wish the others had it. Being about to use full thread barrels, actionwrench, a barrel vise if you want then why not go quick change. Give you whichever route you want to go! But after using the quick change, I’ll only use the quick change when I can

Attachments

• 20210929_014423.jpg
    20210929_014423.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 173
Just ordered a Zeus. I’ve had a vector for a few years and a bunch of barrels. Pulled the trigger because…. Fuck it, why not?

Reactions: midwestoffroad
I think ppl were talking about wait times

Some in stock here :

Reactions: midwestoffroad
I have the hourglass knob and I like to lift it with my index finger as others have said.

I love the quick change barrel and I’m thinking of getting 2 barrels in the spring. 308 and 300wsm.

love my terminus.

Reactions: patriotnation
I have the hourglass knob and I like to lift it with my index finger as others have said.

I love the quick change barrel and I’m thinking of getting 2 barrels in the spring. 308 and 300wsm.

love my terminus.
My hourglass knob arrived the other day and I love it.

Got my Zeus and I must say…. You really cannot truly appreciate the action unless you have ran a vector for a few years. The threaded trigger pins are awesome, but I am most impressed with the bolt lift. My Vector has around 1200 rounds through it, plus a few hundred dry fire and the Zeus brand new has a lighter, smoother lift. Tempted to sell the Vector and get another Zeus.

2B75D9B3-1E04-4E3C-9CAB-6A874072B305.jpeg

Got my Zeus and I must say…. You really cannot truly appreciate the action unless you have ran a vector for a few years. The threaded trigger pins are awesome, but I am most impressed with the bolt lift. My Vector has around 1200 rounds through it, plus a few hundred dry fire and the Zeus brand new has a lighter, smoother lift. Tempted to sell the Vector and get another Zeus.

View attachment 7720359

Do you have an easy-ish way to measure your bolt lift? Mine seems heavier than the videos I watch on the Zeus, but maybe I'm just too used to some of my 90 degree actions.

Curious how like say the Vector and Zeus compare.