• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

So I've been playing around with the Zeus and it's smoothing out real nice. Light bolt lift for a 3 lug...feels lighter than some of my 2 lug actions. Closing the bolt is pretty smooth, comparable to my BH Origin, though slightly more.

Just a note, I'm using a KRG Whiskey 3 with TT Diamond. I had to take some material/aluminum off the chassis so that the TT would go in to safety. Hope that helps out someone who might be using the same components i am.
Great info. Glad am following this thread. I just ordered a Zeus and will be ordering a Diamond next. Considered the KRG W3 but probably will be going with an A5 or T4a.

Just a note, I'm using a KRG Whiskey 3 with TT Diamond. I had to take some material/aluminum off the chassis so that the TT would go in to safety. Hope that helps out someone who might be using the same components i am.

Any pics of the mod?

It ain't pretty, but can't see it when the action is installed, unless you shine a light down there ?

My other W3 with TT Diamond and Nucleus did not have this issue. My Seekins Havak had the same issue with the TT and Bravo Chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_174518.jpg
    IMG_20191206_174518.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20191206_174544.jpg
    IMG_20191206_174544.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Reactions: larrystine
It ain't pretty, but can't see it when the action is installed, unless you shine a light down there ?

My other W3 with TT Diamond and Nucleus didnt have this issue. My Seekins Havak had the same issue with the TT and Bravo Chassis.
Thanks for the pics.

Stack up tolerance on these precision components is ridiculous my TT safety has an 1.4 degree angle relative to the sides of the trigger housing. Im going to put it on a proper indicator but it looks to me like the lower angle is off on most of the TT safeties. We maintain better tolerances on pipe bends in the heavy duty diesel engine industry. I think bending the safety in a bit is in order once my action arrives. May have to make a jig to keep from damaging the trigger. If that doesn't work I guess it will be dremel time.

Last edited:
Mine looks like that as well. TT Diamond on a TL3 in a Bravo. Not sure what caused it, but I just dremeled it out to make the safety clear.

Anyone try Magpul mags on these actions yet?
Any binding or non release issues?

I'll try it out tonight...if i can remember to. I'm guessing it'll probably bind if the rear of the mag is pushed up.
It just makes sense, the cutout for AW, makes it wider in the rear, to fit AW mags. AICS mags are thinner on the back of the mag so it could be pushed up and bind on the bolt. This is NOT a flaw with the action and like I mentioned earlier, Magpul AICS with my Big Horn Origin will also bind on the bolt if the rear of the mag is pushed up.

Zeus on a Whiskey 3. Pics of AICS 300WSM (Accurate-Mag). Feeds fine. If you're worried about binding due to pushing on rear of mag...quick fix some duct tape on the mag body to stop it from riding up further. Same thing happens on my Origin with Magpul mags.

AW mags feed the smoothest. AX308 mags won't fit, looks like the front of the mag extends a bit.

I'm planning to use both mag types..and possibly others too.
What length and contour barrel do you have on here?

@Kickin45 just tried the Magpul AICS mags and YES, if the rear of the mag gets pushed up, it will bind at the rear feed lips. Simple solution, Duct Tape or don't push on the mag or rest rifle on mag.

Forgot to add, the Magpul mags drop free, but I'm using KRG W3 Chassis. Diff DBM/Chassis may be diff.

I'm still waiting for the MDT Mags to test.

ARC mags bind too. Same thing don't push up on rear of mags. Also the ARC Mags didn't go in smoothly. Had to kinda "wobble" it in to lock with mag catch.

The only Mags that DON'T Bind are the AW mags. And it's really smooth (with 6.5CM)

@LR Junky it is a 22" bbl and suppose to be "MTU".

Last edited:
Reactions: larrystine
Thanks for all the tests guys!
@DDRH65CM , you seem to be having a lot more bolt binding issues than some. Would you mind putting some calipers to your bolt to confirm it is truly a .725 bolt?
Thanks!

@AXMC Sure i can check for you later, but i'm sure i have the 0.725" bolt. I requested the updated action.

But again, I DO NOT have a Bolt Binding issue. It is possible the KRG Whiskey Chassis' magwell is slightly oversized compared to actual DBMs.

AW magazines work fine and there is NO BOLT BINDING.

The Single Feed Magazines (AICS) is thinner in the back and can ride up the action if pushed up from the rear and cause the bolt to bind. AGAIN THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO MY ORIGIN (And it's cut for AICS). This is NOT like the Vector issues.

Reactions: Redeye3
@AXMC
Not sure I'm measuring at the correct spot...but here's a photo of the bolt diameter. 0.725"

Attachments

• IMG_20191211_185114.jpg
    IMG_20191211_185114.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Merry XMAS, Happy Holidays to all!

I've had the MDT mags a few weeks now. Tested the 10rnd and 5rnd mags.

10rnd MDT (AICS Style): Same as all other Single feed lipped mag, if pushed up from the rear the bolt will bind on the rear feed lips.

5rnd MDT (AICS Style): Same with the 5rnd mags, although with enough force the bolt MAY ride over the feed lips and feed.

For 6.5PRC the MDT mags seem to feed slightly smoother than the Accurate-Mags. Although the MDT are .308 mags and the AM i have are 300WSM. Most likely the fact that MDT has shorter feed lips seems to help with smoother feeding. That said, my AM mags seem to be smoothing out and feeding is smoother than when it was new.

As soon as I am in the market for another custom action, I'm getting a Zeus. I'm a sucker for 3 lugs and the lightest bolt lift 3 lug I've personally felt is an axiom so I can only imagine how much better the Zeus will feel. Much much lighter than my AI.

Got my Zeus in yesterday. Very pleased. The threaded trigger pins are just the icing on the cake. It is smoother out of the box than my tl3 was so I’m excited to see how it is after it’s been cycled a bunch. This is my first 3 lug and so far The bolt lift doesn’t seem bad at all. It actually feels very similar to my buddies Defiance elite. I can’t wait to get my barrel for this. Going with 6 xc.

How is everyone liking their Zeus's?

Any range reports?

Looking to send it on a Zeus the first of the month...

Mines been at the gunsmith for a while. He's super busy and I'm trying to be patient.

What are you having done to it? Or just getting it built by a smith instead?

This was one of the reasons I'm looking at this action. Receive the action...attach the prefit barrel and trigger myself, drop it in a chassis and not have to wait for long lead times from my smith...

Reactions: Lunchbox27

This was one of the reasons I'm looking at this action. Receive the action...attach the prefit barrel and trigger myself, drop it in a chassis and not have to wait for long lead times from my smith...

agree, no real reason to take to gunsmith.

I do not trust any kind of prefit. I got a full thread action, no quick change system.

So since I'm a rookie the action runs well with aw mags? I am looking in to a switch barrel action and the short throw is very appealing I just wanted to put in a manners and run I don't care what mags I need to buy I just want reliable feeding. This action seems to fit my needs I was just wondering about the mags. Thanks for the help

So since I'm a rookie the action runs well with aw mags? I am looking in to a switch barrel action and the short throw is very appealing I just wanted to put in a manners and run I don't care what mags I need to buy I just want reliable feeding. This action seems to fit my needs I was just wondering about the mags. Thanks for the help
its like every action, no matter aics or AW

you might need to play with mag catch height and adjust feed lips

Reactions: Fylamaw
Mines been at the gunsmith for a while. He's super busy and I'm trying to be patient.

Ive been waiting on couple 6creed barrels myself for the full thread, ended up saying fck it and order a remage from northland in 6.5 for practice. Cut the recess off (extremely simple) and screw it on-headspace done, so far its working out pretty well with 144bergers. Im not a big fan of barrel nuts but for 375.00 its worth it for a trainer

I do not trust any kind of prefit. I got a full thread action, no quick change system.
You can have a pre-fit that’s fully threaded and not “quick change”.
I have the action wrench my Nucleus and torque my pre-fits to 80ft/lbs.

@Redeye3 Which actions are those, and any range reports?

6.5 has about 130 through it. 140eldm-140Berger's-- sticking with the 144 hybrids at 2800ish. Shot great at 1000 no vertical that I could see, 6" plate hitting or barely missing left and right. Still have some work to do.

144 60off lands 2.900 42.2 h4350 in Lapua 5x

6xc was brand new, he was shooting old ammo. He didn't seem happy but gun run flawless

223 I think he's running 75gr eldms at 2900ish. Still in load development, I sent a couple through it. I want one as a trainer

All ran great no hiccups

6.5 has about 130 through it. 140eldm-140Berger's-- sticking with the 144 hybrids at 2800ish. Shot great at 1000 no vertical that I could see, 6" plate hitting or barely missing left and right. Still have some work to do.

144 60off lands 2.900 42.2 h4350 in Lapua 5x

6xc was brand new, he was shooting old ammo. He didn't seem happy but gun run flawless

223 I think he's running 75gr eldms at 2900ish. Still in load development, I sent a couple through it. I want one as a trainer

All ran great no hiccups

Thanks for the quick response and concise breakdown. Great to see Zeus' performing, I don't expect anything less from Terminus!

Reactions: Redeye3
Just adding my expierence so far to this thread for those who care.

I called Terminus on Thursday of last week and Joel picked up immediately. I asked for his lead times, and he said he had them in stock to be shipped. Sent payment Friday at noon and it was in the mail by 1400. I thought that was pretty crazy.

Recieved it yesterday, and it is slick as hell. DLC is beautiful, it is by far the lightest 60° I have personally played with. Machining looks outstanding.

I ended up twisting the fire control the wrong direction and sent it into the fired position and couldn't get it out. Called terminus, again Joel picked up and explained what I needed to do, and followed up by texting me a video of it. Basically you put the fire control in a vice and twist it back to the normal position.

His customer service is amazing, and something I really appreciate in any business.

I am now waiting for my prefit Proof carbon fiber 6.5cm to be spun up...I'm very giddy. Lol

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the info.

I just shot mine at the best in Texas match this past weekend. Due to all the wind and dust I ran it dry and it was very slick and cycled great. I haven’t been able to get aw mags to feed yet but haven’t spent much time trying. Ran an arc mag with extension and an aics mag and not one feeding issue all match. Shot 6xc with atips and it was a laser. Had first shot impacts at 1070 and 1100. Still getting used to the 60 degree throw but really liking it. I did have an issue prior to the match with my Bix n Andy trigger. The cocking piece was dragging. I didn’t have a lot of time to play with it so popped in a diamond and it ran great. Threaded trigger pins are awesome. Spoke to Mr. Russo and I’m sending in my action with my Bix triggers and he’s going to see if he can time them up. I bedded my action in my manners stock with gen 2 mini chassis. I know that’s not really needed but I’ve heard of people bedding chassis with good results and wanted to try it. Could t be happier with the way it turned out.
1EF2E10F-17DB-4940-AC8B-645BF6E9DB45.jpeg
9BA5D901-44E5-40D9-8EE6-6E3BAB060D13.jpeg
9BA5D901-44E5-40D9-8EE6-6E3BAB060D13.jpeg
CFFCD269-D660-424B-85CB-6BD469D24AA0.jpeg
BB3EA03A-556C-45F8-B319-C1020BD62D22.jpeg
8E1E2CC0-0DA5-447D-A6DC-F7AC1A5D3CA2.jpeg

Nice work. Have you had experience with a vector action?

I just shot mine at the best in Texas match this past weekend. Due to all the wind and dust I ran it dry and it was very slick and cycled great. I haven’t been able to get aw mags to feed yet but haven’t spent much time trying. Ran an arc mag with extension and an aics mag and not one feeding issue all match. Shot 6xc with atips and it was a laser. Had first shot impacts at 1070 and 1100. Still getting used to the 60 degree throw but really liking it. I did have an issue prior to the match with my Bix n Andy trigger. The cocking piece was dragging. I didn’t have a lot of time to play with it so popped in a diamond and it ran great. Threaded trigger pins are awesome. Spoke to Mr. Russo and I’m sending in my action with my Bix triggers and he’s going to see if he can time them up. I bedded my action in my manners stock with gen 2 mini chassis. I know that’s not really needed but I’ve heard of people bedding chassis with good results and wanted to try it. Could t be happier with the way it turned out. View attachment 7247740View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247742View attachment 7247743View attachment 7247744

Sounds like you may have the incorrect top sear height for your BnA. While I'm sure Joel Russo will take care of you 100%, you can also order different sear heights from Bullet Central for your BnA.

Contacting Bullet Central to get the proper top sear in there is another option, for either yourself or others reading who are experiencing the same issue.

I contacted them and did the measurement they suggested. I have two Bix triggers. One with the low seat for a tl3 and the other with the standard sear. The standard sear seemed to drag. I tried the lower sear prior to going to the match and it seemed to work fine but Joel suggested just using the diamond for now until he can take a look at it.

I have no experience with a vector but I know plenty of people run them. With the updates Joel did to the terminus I had no desire to go for the vector.

I'm asking because I have a vector and ordered s terminus because of the hype and wundering what other ppl thought in comparison.

I'm asking because I have a vector and ordered s terminus because of the hype and wundering what other ppl thought in comparison.
Got my Zeus last Friday. Spun it up on a 26” Benchmark Comp MTU in KRG Bravo. Bix n Andy Tacsport. No issues. Started load development. 15 shots .002 of lands varying from 42-44 grains H4350. All fell within one MOA. I will say that the Zeus will need to be ran a bunch to smooth out more but the DLC coating is money. Machining looked great. No weird finishing marks or extra material in any crevice. Top-notch work.

Also, the hand-tight barrel swapping option is very nice. Not worried about significant POI shift but will report back if I find anything worrisome. First hit at 1000 going to take off and reinstall barrel and see if I get another hit. If so, will repeat at a mile.

Attachments

• 8F5BCC83-D185-4144-ACB7-880A41DD11B6.jpeg
    8F5BCC83-D185-4144-ACB7-880A41DD11B6.jpeg
    811.1 KB · Views: 189
Awsome man. Thanks for the insight. Sounds like it's a 6.5cm? That's what I'm having sounds up. Benchmark barrel as well. M24 contour only 24".