• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

7F6021D8-6154-45C1-B61D-3929D531C59F.jpeg

Anyone running BR cartridges in a Zues (6br, dasher, bra, brx, etc)?

If so, what mags and/or kits are you using?

The AWs with the HRD or PVA spacer kit will both work. U may just have to play with the follower spring. If u have a problem, hit me up and I'll walk u through how to get them running on 100, homie.

Reactions: mahlv
My Zeus in a foundation with Hawkins bottom metal does not like the aw at all. It’s a 6x47. Round comes out on the push, comes up the feed ramp, and sends the tip clear across the chamber opening and hits the face of the breach. It’s every single time, I figured I’d mess with it eventually, I’ve been using a standard AICS with zero issues in the meantime.

Reactions: tydex21
After reading about the Terminus, I've kinda lost confidence in it. Same when I started hearing issues of Curtis and watched a couple of issues in matches. I think my next action will be an Origin or deadline but I'll wait and see. Thanks god there are lots of great companies and options.

After reading about the Terminus, I've kinda lost confidence in it. Same when I started hearing issues of Curtis and watched a couple of issues in matches. I think my next action will be an Origin or deadline but I'll wait and see. Thanks god there are lots of great companies and options.
What negative are you gathering about Terminus? Would you like me to show you a video of it feeding? I will never touch a Bighorn with that sloppy ass bolt. Also, I don't like hitting my hand on the scope every time i rack the bolt, so fuck 90 degree actions. I don't see the downside here.

My Zeus in a foundation with Hawkins bottom metal does not like the aw at all. It’s a 6x47. Round comes out on the push, comes up the feed ramp, and sends the tip clear across the chamber opening and hits the face of the breach. It’s every single time, I figured I’d mess with it eventually, I’ve been using a standard AICS with zero issues in the meantime.

Reach out to Hawkins Precision.. Nick D. Will hook you up with the correct latch for the Hawkins BM for running AW's.

Reactions: Redeye3 and mahlv
@DisplacedTexan some of the comments above have owners with feeding issues. I do agree that actions under 90 are great but I dont wanna deal with misfeeds. Bighorn is sloppy, but I remember it being a little better than alright

To be fair, many action/chassis combos have feeding issues that need to be tweaked.

It’s a myth that every 700 pattern action will drop into every 700 pattern chassis and feed perfectly without tweaking.

This is one of the differences between a lego build and a custom build.

Is it with the left round only or both?

Just got my 308 barrel from StraightJacket. Took off my 6 Creed, spun on the 308 and shot the below pic. .478” group with the first 5 rounds of 175 FGMM. Didn’t even clean it before shooting it.

If you’re looking for a barrel for your Zeus, StraightJacket is good to go.

View attachment 7273491

that’s awesome! What barrel did you get? Proof, benchmsrk? I believe I’ll order a few barrels from them

that’s awesome! What barrel did you get? Proof, benchmsrk? I believe I’ll order a few barrels from them

You will not be disappointed! Mine are all Proof Research, but I’ll be going with Benchmark with my next barrel from them. I was going to order another 6Creed, then this Kung Flu shit broke out.

Call up Nick. Great guy to talk with and won’t steer yah wrong.

You will not be disappointed! Mine are all Proof Research, but I’ll be going with Benchmark with my next barrel from them. I was going to order another 6Creed, then this Kung Flu shit broke out.

Call up Nick. Great guy to talk with and won’t steer yah wrong.

awesome! I love my benchmark barrel so was leaning that way. Was kind of thinking of trying a 6bra and a 308. Have a 25 creed coming from a smith now to try

awesome! I love my benchmark barrel so was leaning that way. Was kind of thinking of trying a 6bra and a 308. Have a 25 creed coming from a smith now to try

Nick is big on Benchmark, per the last convo I had with him. Still cutting Proofs (nothing against them) but he is liking what he is seeing from Benchmark.

I can say if you go 308, you’re in luck as he doesn’t cut many in that caliber. Mine was the 4th barrel cut with his reamer and its a hammer.

I got a 223 barrel from Nick coming at some point here. Sounds like he uses a regular 223 rem chamber

I have an AI chassis in Remy LA sitting around.
Want to put a Helios in it. Will it drop in or do I need to have it cut?

Nick is big on Benchmark, per the last convo I had with him. Still cutting Proofs (nothing against them) but he is liking what he is seeing from Benchmark.

I can say if you go 308, you’re in luck as he doesn’t cut many in that caliber. Mine was the 4th barrel cut with his reamer and its a hammer.

I’ve shot my best group at distance with my benchmark. Not necessarily saying it’s more accurate but it has been super easy to clean, crazy accurate with minor load development and 3 different bullets. Just been pleased with it.

I’ve never owned a 308, but figured it might be kind of fun to just target practice with! a buddy wants to set up a pair of 308’s just to compete against each other with

I’ve shot my best group at distance with my benchmark. Not necessarily saying it’s more accurate but it has been super easy to clean, crazy accurate with minor load development and 3 different bullets. Just been pleased with it.

I’ve never owned a 308, but figured it might be kind of fun to just target practice with! a buddy wants to set up a pair of 308’s just to compete against each other with

IMO, a 308 is the perfect training round. Many gravitate towards 223, but I prefer the 308. Even if you don’t reload, match ammo can be had for less than 6.5creedmoor. 308’s barrel life is damn close to 223.

My scope is zero’d for my 6creed. Putting the 308 barrel on (same contour, same length, same suppressor) has a zero shift in .3 mils high and 1.2 mils right. Dial those changes in and I’m zero’d for 308.

And yes, it is repeatable and returns to zero when I spin the 6Creed back on. I was honestly shocked at the return to zero. Takes maybe a round or two ( off by maybe a 10th of a mil) to settle back in. I was shooting at 500 yards with my 6Creed. Spun on the 308, dialed my windage of 1.2 mils, dialed in my drop, and bang. First round a bit high, the other 4 right where they should be.

Finished reading the 8 pages of this thread... though with the quarantine going on I'm guessing not many people are getting much live fire time behind the action. I'm about to order my first custom build, and I've only really just shot my Tikka which I do enjoy, but wanted to switch over to the R700 platform for everything. I was leaning Impact, Defiance Ruckus, or Lone Peak, and now started reading about the Zeus.

I don't have any gunsmithing tools besides the basic torque wrench for action/scope installs. I guess I could get a barrel vise and a barrel torque wrench and do my own torque prefits, but it seems that this quick swap Terminus/Vector makes life a bit easier and so far no reports of any zero shifts / consistency issues.

It seems 6GT has some reports in this thread with feeding issues. I might go to 6GT in the future, but I don't handload so I'll just be ordering myself a 308 barrel and a 6cm barrel. I plan on shooting Prime 6cm and Prime 175gr 308. I'll be going for Proof Prefits as I can get them discounted.

Has anything changed with feeding issues / resolutions, or was that mainly the 6GT round/mag/chassis combo? 308/6cm seem stable to feed? I'll be running off a MDT ACC until my Manners PRS-TCS is ready. MDT AICS mags.

Finished reading the 8 pages of this thread... though with the quarantine going on I'm guessing not many people are getting much live fire time behind the action. I'm about to order my first custom build, and I've only really just shot my Tikka which I do enjoy, but wanted to switch over to the R700 platform for everything. I was leaning Impact, Defiance Ruckus, or Lone Peak, and now started reading about the Zeus.

I don't have any gunsmithing tools besides the basic torque wrench for action/scope installs. I guess I could get a barrel vise and a barrel torque wrench and do my own torque prefits, but it seems that this quick swap Terminus/Vector makes life a bit easier and so far no reports of any zero shifts / consistency issues.

It seems 6GT has some reports in this thread with feeding issues. I might go to 6GT in the future, but I don't handload so I'll just be ordering myself a 308 barrel and a 6cm barrel. I plan on shooting Prime 6cm and Prime 175gr 308. I'll be going for Proof Prefits as I can get them discounted.

Has anything changed with feeding issues / resolutions, or was that mainly the 6GT round/mag/chassis combo? 308/6cm seem stable to feed? I'll be running off a MDT ACC until my Manners PRS-TCS is ready. MDT AICS mags.

We have (2) shooters running that cartridge (6gt) in the Zeus with no issues, one in AICS and the other in AW mags. One in MPA and one in an ACC.

Mess with the feeding lips a little bit with aw, or adjust mag catch. I've had zero issues in an MPA with 65creed, another buddy with 6XC, & another with 223. XLR/MPA hybrid and BA.

My 6gt arrives this week, I'll let u know If I see anything.

IMO, a 308 is the perfect training round. Many gravitate towards 223, but I prefer the 308. Even if you don’t reload, match ammo can be had for less than 6.5creedmoor. 308’s barrel life is damn close to 223.

My scope is zero’d for my 6creed. Putting the 308 barrel on (same contour, same length, same suppressor) has a zero shift in .3 mils high and 1.2 mils right. Dial those changes in and I’m zero’d for 308.

And yes, it is repeatable and returns to zero when I spin the 6Creed back on. I was honestly shocked at the return to zero. Takes maybe a round or two ( off by maybe a 10th of a mil) to settle back in. I was shooting at 500 yards with my 6Creed. Spun on the 308, dialed my windage of 1.2 mils, dialed in my drop, and bang. First round a bit high, the other 4 right where they should be.

why do you feel it’s a better training round? Pure curiosity here. The reason I was leaning towards the 223 was cause I could double down for coyotes as a spare. I can’t shoot anything larger then 270 for our areas

why do you feel it’s a better training round? Pure curiosity here. The reason I was leaning towards the 223 was cause I could double down for coyotes as a spare. I can’t shoot anything larger then 270 for our areas
More than likely for the recoil. A 308 will really show you where you are messing up with your recoil management and will force you to get in the correct position or the gun will jump.

I like the added recoil. A 308 will really exploit your lack of fundamentals. Not saying it’s better than 223 ( for training purpose ), but rather my preference. Also, for this action you can run the same bolt as your 6/6.5 so more $ towards ammo/components.

Reactions: kthomas
I like the added recoil. A 308 will really exploit your lack of fundamentals. Not saying it’s better than 223 ( for training purpose ), but rather my preference. Also, for this action you can run the same bolt as your 6/6.5 so more $ towards ammo/components.
More than likely for the recoil. A 308 will really show you where you are messing up with your recoil management and will force you to get in the correct position or the gun will jump.

awesome thank you gentlemen, didn’t really look at it that way but totally makes sense! I agree it saves me money with the bolt face!

Reactions: Lunchbox27

I have the same feelings as @Lunchbox27, I think the .308 is a perfect practice round as it doesn't let you get sloppy. If you do, it immediately shows up on target. Any divergence from the fundamentals will be punished by the .308.

You can get away with a lot of shit with a .223, and may not even realize that you are reinforcing bad habits.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Where are people finding the best deals on prefits? I'll place mine from Proof and wait till August, but wanted to have something by July for my class in Alaska. Right now it looks like maybe straightjacket, still comes out to $650ish which is pretty pricey compared to Experticity.

Where are people finding the best deals on prefits? I'll place mine from Proof and wait till August, but wanted to have something by July for my class in Alaska. Right now it looks like maybe straightjacket, still comes out to $650ish which is pretty pricey compared to Experticity.
Are you getting proof prefits off Experticity? Straightjackets pricing is pretty standard. Most of the others that I found just went up from there. Keystone may be slightly cheaper? But it’s been awhile since I’ve looked

Are you getting proof prefits off Experticity? Straightjackets pricing is pretty standard. Most of the others that I found just went up from there. Keystone may be slightly cheaper? But it’s been awhile since I’ve looked

Yes. They're backed up till August. I guess I'll pay up front to have a barrel earlier.

Reactions: camrod809
I got my rifle back from the smith. The Terminus Zeus is awesome. I love the 60* bolt. I'm running 260Ackley Improved and have experienced no feeding issues with the sharp shoulder and straight wall case. Buy with confidence. Jeff Hayes and his crew at Rivers Bend Gun Company did an amazing job on this build.

20200411_182550.jpg

20200331_172232.jpg

Last edited:
I have 4 AICS mags 10 rounders. 2 with the binder plate and 2 without. I was considering maybe swapping an AICS mag with an AW since the Zeus supports AW. Do the AICS mags w/o binder plates work? I bought them previously for my Tikka but never used them.

Are the MDT AICS mags more/less reliable than AW? Any reason why I should trade / swap to AW?

AW are very nice and I have completely switched over to them since I started using them.

Easier on your hands since you just push the round in a la AR mag and very short. I love them.

Reactions: Redeye3
The 22BR is finished...

View attachment 7250589View attachment 7250587View attachment 7250588

Built by Brad Hiskey of Brad's Precision Rifles, Spanish Fork, Utah.

1.25 straight Bartlein 4groove 1:6.5 twist
Finished at 22" with a SilencerCo Hybrid

My TBAC 6.5 Ultra 9 should enter jail this month.

Hydrodipped by Black Ice Coatings, Spanish Fork Utah.

So far it feeds from AW mags with HRD kits but two of my three need to have the latch filed just a tad more, one works perfectly.

Hey mate - sorry for the late reply/question - but did the zeus action drop into that MDT chassis without any need for chassis modifications?

I have 4 AICS mags 10 rounders. 2 with the binder plate and 2 without. I was considering maybe swapping an AICS mag with an AW since the Zeus supports AW. Do the AICS mags w/o binder plates work? I bought them previously for my Tikka but never used them.

Are the MDT AICS mags more/less reliable than AW? Any reason why I should trade / swap to AW?

Just remember when you swap to AW you're going to have to adjust the feedlips, If for some chance you don't it's a miracle, once you get them running right you won't go back. So far the GT takes a little bit more of an even bend in feed lips. I ordered two more brand new ones to adjust instead of the couple I have for 65/308. In the end I think it's worth it compare to AICS. Imop

Reactions: RayRay_G19
Just remember when you swap to AW you're going to have to adjust the feedlips, If for some chance you don't it's a miracle, once you get them running right you won't go back. So far the GT takes a little bit more of an even bend in feed lips. I ordered two more brand new ones to adjust instead of the couple I have for 65/308. In the end I think it's worth it compare to AICS. Imop
I have run 6 Creed and 22BR thus far in my AWs, between a something empest and a Zeus. Some new mags, some bought second hand. I have never adjusted feed lips.

The only thing I have needed to adjust is the mag height by dremeling the catch.

I will say that my feed lips on one mag hits the action in my zeus, but I haven't messed with it too much yet because the other two mags work so well.

Reactions: Redeye3
Might be a stupid bolt action rifle question as I'm new to this, but I have 4 magazines.. all MDT AICS .308 pattern. 1 with a binder plate, and 2 without a binder plate, and then an AI AW magazine.

I'm looking at selling 2 of them so I can get some 12 rounders. I plan on running .308, 6cm, and 6GT. Should I keep the non binder plate ones, and sell the one with a binder plate or if I'm not running long OAL, the binder plate mags actually provide smoother feeding?

I don't have a barrel yet for my action so I can't actually test the feeding for another 6 weeks, but wanted to get my mags in order. I plan on running basically Prime Ammo for all 3 calibers.

Thanks!

Will the Terminus Zeus bolt lift get lighter over time? It's pretty heavy right now - possibly I'm so used to running 2 lugs. I got behind a friend's Defiance Deviant today and that was really smooth and light. The Zeus is doable, I cycle it fine but just requires a bit more oomph then I'd like.

Will the Terminus Zeus bolt lift get lighter over time? It's pretty heavy right now - possibly I'm so used to running 2 lugs. I got behind a friend's Defiance Deviant today and that was really smooth and light. The Zeus is doable, I cycle it fine but just requires a bit more oomph then I'd like.
It might get lighter over time as things "wear in", but it may take some time as the whole action is DLC'd. Unfortunately, a slightly heavier bolt lift is a trade-off of running a 60* vs 90*. The Terminus/Curtis design is one of the better 60* designs I've felt as far as bolt lift. The steeper the angle on the cocking piece the more "oomph" it's going to take to perform the same function (or overcome the firing pin spring) of a 90* bolt lift. Defiance actions are popular because of what you noticed today. They are also a quality action. In the picture below is a comparison of my "RR" prefix Remington action and my Terminus. The Terminus was a definite upgrade for me.
IMG_20200504_033616.jpg

It will get lighter. Dry fire when not at the range.

Anyone hear anything about a Helios upgrade or generation 2? I heard through the rumor mill that it would be cut for the long wyatt box