• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Awsome man. Thanks for the insight. Sounds like it's a 6.5cm? That's what I'm having sounds up. Benchmark barrel as well. M24 contour only 24".
It’s a 6.5 CM. Had so many reloading equipment for it already.

I just cant wait for my barreled action to return from the smith. Want to compare.to my vector. Curious how much better it is before I sell my vector

Reactions: kthomas
I just cant wait for my barreled action to return from the smith. Want to compare.to my vector. Curious how much better it is before I sell my vector

Even though I'm not a 60° bolt throw guy, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the comparison between those two actions.

They are both 60° though.

I fully realize that. Just curious to hear your thoughts on quality between the two actions.

I've heard a lot of disparaging things about the Curtis, including from a friend who got two Curtis actions (an Axiom and a Vector) that were pretty much unshootable from the factory. I've been hearing negative things about Curtis and their quality since close to their initial inceptions, from people close to the manufacturing facility and more "in the know".

I'm curious to see if there's an obvious difference in quality between the two actions. Due to the reasons why Joel Russo left Curtis, and his design refinements that he incorporated into his Terminus actions, I have faith that they are building a more quality action.

I'm sure they are better. But his first patch were re labeled vectors. He wouldnt do that if they didnt work. Vector had a first batch with issues but they fixed that. My vector has ran flawless. They just have a bad DLC coating. I've put 300 rounds through it with no issues.

The reputation of the vector is tarnished and that's why I'm making the switch. I feel like they're going to stop making them

The 22BR is finished...

20200215_201450.jpg
20200215_195624.jpg
20200215_195726.jpg

Built by Brad Hiskey of Brad's Precision Rifles, Spanish Fork, Utah.

1.25 straight Bartlein 4groove 1:6.5 twist
Finished at 22" with a SilencerCo Hybrid

My TBAC 6.5 Ultra 9 should enter jail this month.

Hydrodipped by Black Ice Coatings, Spanish Fork Utah.

So far it feeds from AW mags with HRD kits but two of my three need to have the latch filed just a tad more, one works perfectly.

Last edited:
With that throw lever oriented this was do you not find the your thumb hits it when cycling the bold?

The reputation of the vector is tarnished and that's why I'm making the switch. I feel like they're going to stop making them

I doubt they will stop making them, but you’re right... their reputation for customer service is shit! They need to step up and resolve matters, or put out some announcement of a plan to do so.

As a Vector owner, this concerns me and lately I too have considered just selling my Vector at a loss and getting a Zeus.

Joel fixed the issues most complain of with the Zeus, added some awesome features, and stands behind his product. Mean while, Curtis was working on getting into the 22LR pool instead of resolving the issues that plague their flagship action.

Time will tell if Curtis can turn it around. They are riding the success of some top PRS shooters at the moment, but what happens when those shooter go after the next big action?

With that throw lever oriented this was do you not find the your thumb hits it when cycling the bold?
It's on 5x and I don't really shoot there. It has a small nub that the lever fits over, so I don't have an option on where to put it sadly.

I doubt they will stop making them, but you’re right... their reputation for customer service is shit! They need to step up and resolve matters, or put out some announcement of a plan to do so.

As a Vector owner, this concerns me and lately I too have considered just selling my Vector at a loss and getting a Zeus.

Joel fixed the issues most complain of with the Zeus, added some awesome features, and stands behind his product. Mean while, Curtis was working on getting into the 22LR pool instead of resolving the issues that plague their flagship action.

Time will tell if Curtis can turn it around. They are riding the success of some top PRS shooters at the moment, but what happens when those shooter go after the next big action?
What were the main issues for the Curtis? And have they all been fixed? I’m pretty interested in this action overall but I do know that it is quite a bit based on the Curtis and that one has not been well received. I may be confused but I think Frank on the podcast mentioned not loving the Zeus but didn’t mention why on the one that I listened too

Sorry brother I'm just curious because I want to buy a lever for my TT even though its smoothed up alot i just feel like theres not much to hold.on to with the mag ring and parallax on these scopes. What lever is that btw?

Sorry brother I'm just curious because I want to buy a lever for my TT even though its smoothed up alot i just feel like theres not much to hold.on to with the mag ring and parallax on these scopes. What lever is that btw?
It's an MGM switchview. I actually got this one from Travis Gibson of MGM at the NRL Finale.

What were the main issues for the Curtis? And have they all been fixed? I’m pretty interested in this action overall but I do know that it is quite a bit based on the Curtis and that one has not been well received. I may be confused but I think Frank on the podcast mentioned not loving the Zeus but didn’t mention why on the one that I listened too
It's more than based on, Joel of Terminus owns all of the blueprints to the actions that Curtis is using.

Joel tried to get Curtis to make his improvements and they refused so he left and made them anyway, while adding customer service which Curtis seems to not have.

Rewind a year or so and a friend has issues with his Vector bolt which they give him the run around. They are very lackadaisical getting back with him until he makes a complaint on a prominent Facebook page about the situation. This is unacceptable; it should not take a public hit on their reputation to get them off their asses.

Nothing major, but a few questions went unanswered after they got my money. Joel however, took my call and assisted even after Terminus was live and I owned a Curtis product. He could have told me to piss off, but again, he cares about the product.

Search around this site and you will see the issues many have.

My opinion, based off my experience... Buy the Zeus!

Anybody used the quick change with the two set screws or are most going full thread at this point? Hex screws and hand tight sure sounds nice but I’m not sure of the cons associated with it yet.

Anybody used the quick change with the two set screws or are most going full thread at this point? Hex screws and hand tight sure sounds nice but I’m not sure of the cons associated with it yet.

I ran my vector with set screws and never had an issue. Totally disassembled the rifle barrel stock scope in the rings all off and put it back together multiple times and never lost zero
A17142BB-FFCC-41BE-BFDE-DC8F2DD508B4.jpeg

Reactions: Fylamaw

I run mine hand tight - set screws only. Swapping between 6Creed and 308 is a matter of minutes and zero offset.

I just shot mine at the best in Texas match this past weekend. Due to all the wind and dust I ran it dry and it was very slick and cycled great. I haven’t been able to get aw mags to feed yet but haven’t spent much time trying. Ran an arc mag with extension and an aics mag and not one feeding issue all match. Shot 6xc with atips and it was a laser. Had first shot impacts at 1070 and 1100. Still getting used to the 60 degree throw but really liking it. I did have an issue prior to the match with my Bix n Andy trigger. The cocking piece was dragging. I didn’t have a lot of time to play with it so popped in a diamond and it ran great. Threaded trigger pins are awesome. Spoke to Mr. Russo and I’m sending in my action with my Bix triggers and he’s going to see if he can time them up. I bedded my action in my manners stock with gen 2 mini chassis. I know that’s not really needed but I’ve heard of people bedding chassis with good results and wanted to try it. Could t be happier with the way it turned out. View attachment 7247740View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247742View attachment 7247743View attachment 7247744
Bedding a chassis is like getting life insurance at the age of 30. It’s cheap, you might not have needed it, but if you do you’ll never know it. Ha

I’ve bedded all of mine and I definitely don’t have to chase my zero or have issues with my rifle “settling”

Bedding a chassis is like getting life insurance at the age of 30. It’s cheap, you might not have needed it, but if you do you’ll never know it. Ha

I’ve bedded all of mine and I definitely don’t have to chase my zero or have issues with my rifle “settling”
After my issues with my ACC, I will continue to bed everything in the future; split groups are infuriating.

Can anyone comment on the bolt lift comparison a little further ?

Comparable to a standard Rem 700?

I do see that Joel states that changes were made from the Vector to lighten the bolt lift and wondering how much of a difference that’s made.

Hard to have the ability to check these out in person, but I’m on the list for the next batch of finished actions.

compared to a rem 700 it'll feel different but better.

it'll never be as light as a 90 degree, but to compare it to a TL3 or Lone Peak or Impact isn't really fair cause it's totally different

you don't be disappointed though

Vector is super smooth as it is. Zeus is said to be a little smoother. Have a vector. Runs flawless. Zeus is inbound in a week. I'll let you know if you're interested.

I have a TL3 as well the lift is lighter on the tl3. But the vector is smoother (even though heavier) on the open and it almost has an assisted close. First action I've felt like this.

Thanks for the insight guys.

As long as it’s a smooth open, I don’t think it will be a problem for me.

I have shaved enough of my knuckles with a Surgeon / NF combo last year that I’m ready for the 60 deg change .

Almost bought a vector last year, but all the negative reviews kept me away. So I’m definitely excited about the Terminus. Sold off a few rifles to get this switch barrel set up going.

I talked to Joel today on the phone, seemed like a great guy. Forgot to ask about Bolt lift and didn’t want to have to bug him again.

I’m on the list for the next batch.

I just shot mine at the best in Texas match this past weekend. Due to all the wind and dust I ran it dry and it was very slick and cycled great. I haven’t been able to get aw mags to feed yet but haven’t spent much time trying. Ran an arc mag with extension and an aics mag and not one feeding issue all match. Shot 6xc with atips and it was a laser. Had first shot impacts at 1070 and 1100. Still getting used to the 60 degree throw but really liking it. I did have an issue prior to the match with my Bix n Andy trigger. The cocking piece was dragging. I didn’t have a lot of time to play with it so popped in a diamond and it ran great. Threaded trigger pins are awesome. Spoke to Mr. Russo and I’m sending in my action with my Bix triggers and he’s going to see if he can time them up. I bedded my action in my manners stock with gen 2 mini chassis. I know that’s not really needed but I’ve heard of people bedding chassis with good results and wanted to try it. Could t be happier with the way it turned out. View attachment 7247740View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247741View attachment 7247742View attachment 7247743View attachment 7247744
Any word on the BnA? My bolt lift is on the heavy side and I think the sear may need to be changed.

Great set up. Need a few barrels and a couple of stocks. U can go from hunting to compitition with one action/trigger/break. It's a good saving if you like alot of different calibers.

I didnt get a chance to send it in yet. It will go out tomorrow. I will post when it comes back. Even with the triggertech the bolt lift is a little stiffer than I’m used to. I’ve been spoiled by my tl3. But I do think it is worth the trade off for the 60 degree throw. It might not sound like a lot but you don’t really have to brake position as much to cycle the bolt like you do with the 90 degree throw.

i have a 6xc barrel for the Zeus and dasher Barrels for the tl3 and the plan was to shoot the dasher for south East matches and the 6xc for our west with more wind. I find myself wanting to get a dasher or br barrel spun up so I can just shoot the Zeus and let the tl3 just be a permanent back up/sons rifle when he shoots.

I didnt get a chance to send it in yet. It will go out tomorrow. I will post when it comes back. Even with the triggertech the bolt lift is a little stiffer than I’m used to. I’ve been spoiled by my tl3. But I do think it is worth the trade off for the 60 degree throw. It might not sound like a lot but you don’t really have to brake position as much to cycle the bolt like you do with the 90 degree throw.

i have a 6xc barrel for the Zeus and dasher Barrels for the tl3 and the plan was to shoot the dasher for south East matches and the 6xc for our west with more wind. I find myself wanting to get a dasher or br barrel spun up so I can just shoot the Zeus and let the tl3 just be a permanent back up/sons rifle when he shoots.
My Tempest bolt is a good bit easier to run, I think and has a Jewell HVR. Not sure I like this Bix n Andy Tacsport tbh, but I'll have to get some match time with it.

Last edited:
My buddies tempest is super slick and lighter on the lift as well but it probably has close to 15-20k cycles on it. I’m hoping the Zeus breaks in that nice.

I was a little nervous running the diamond for the match and making the switch the day before. I’ve been running the Bix for over a year and really used to the two stage. I didn’t notice it negatively affect me a single time during the match. I do like the Bix but I will be sure to check out the 2 stage diamond when that finally comes out.

My buddies tempest is super slick and lighter on the lift as well but it probably has close to 15-20k cycles on it. I’m hoping the Zeus breaks in that nice.

I was a little nervous running the diamond for the match and making the switch the day before. I’ve been running the Bix for over a year and really used to the two stage. I didn’t notice it negatively affect me a single time during the match. I do like the Bix but I will be sure to check out the 2 stage diamond when that finally comes out.
You lost me there #twostageHatersUnite

Can anyone comment on the bolt lift comparison a little further ?

Comparable to a standard Rem 700?

I do see that Joel states that changes were made from the Vector to lighten the bolt lift and wondering how much of a difference that’s made.

Hard to have the ability to check these out in person, but I’m on the list for the next batch of finished actions.
I had Curtis Axioms and even though its a 60 degree throw, it is lighter and much much smoother than a Remington 700 for sure.

Reactions: rydah
I think you'll be fine. What are you dropping it into??

I know they run flawless in cadex chassis. From my experience.

Who here has/had a terminus zeus and a curtis custom vector?

I just got my vector and the machining is really sharp and even rough in some spots and the bolt binds really bad.
I've dry fired it 1000 times at least and its gotten a tiny bit better but its still really hard to run on the gun without it binding up.
You can get it to run if you run your thumb on the bolt shroud or as close to it as possible on the bolt handle but even then its not what i would call smooth.
Is there a difference between the terminus actions and the curtis customs as far as the machining and craftsmenship goes or is this more of a design issue? Because replacing it with a zeus would be the easier option but if this is just the nature of the beast then i might have to just take the loss and move on.

All I know is Joel personally inspects every action that goes out the door, installs a trigger etc etc..

If he saw/felt a problem he would not send it out

We had five Zeus's on the line yesterday and not one had a binding issue. Top 3 shooters had Zeus's, Joel came up just to hang out and watch his actions at work

Last edited:
I do believe Joel is running his own machines at Terminus. That’s at least what his IG would lead one to believe.

The PRM podcast I listened to, he talked about everything being manufactured in house. Except for the firing pin.

That would lead me to believe he has his own facility/machines. No?

He has spoken in detail here about purchasing machines.