• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

What about the bolt nose recess though?

What about the bolt nose recess though?
The guys I know running remages in a terminus all turn this off in a lathe

There was talks with criterion about making some without the bolt nose recess but idk what came of it

Man, wish mine would arrive, going on 10 weeks for a long action zeus QC

Does anybody know where I could get a pre-fit for a Zeus that I have incoming in like a month or less wait time? Not sure If I should get one made or wait for a Proof to come in stock. Thanks

Does anybody know where I could get a pre-fit for a Zeus that I have incoming in like a month or less wait time? Not sure If I should get one made or wait for a Proof to come in stock. Thanks
PVA has a rush option for $100 more. However, they have never come close to hitting a lead time for me so I probably wouldn’t even attempt it.

Anyone have any knowledge on the kratos 4" and what bottom metal, mag box or magazine will work?

I got one from PVA nad one from Bugholes and they both showed up pretty quick

Reactions: NotoriousBassin
Thanks, I wasn't sure if that rush fee still worked
Check around. $175 for a few days rush is a lot. Some shops get them out within a week without it. Idk who currently with COVID does but I’m sure there are still some

If you are still looking. What do you want? I have some 6 & 6.5mm barrels in stock. I do not have a big backlog.

Chase

Just got my Zeus and I was wondering if the threads go together dry on the QC system or should I put a little lube on them? @Joel Russo

Just got my Zeus and I was wondering if the threads go together dry on the QC system or should I put a little lube on them? @Joel Russo
Grease

75A67722-A1E9-40D2-A326-C5E652CCAA02.png

Edit. Crap. THATS FOR THE NON QD

Just picked up a used Zeus off the hide really impressed so far mine has the exposed cocking indicating pin on the back of the bolt head. Is that the only difference compared to the new ones I noticed the new actions have a full bolt shroud. Anyone have any trouble with dirt or other debris getting into the firing mechanism?

Just picked up a used Zeus off the hide really impressed so far mine has the exposed cocking indicating pin on the back of the bolt head. Is that the only difference compared to the new ones I noticed the new actions have a full bolt shroud. Anyone have any trouble with dirt or other debris getting into the firing mechanism?

I think I read the reason he went away from the exposed firing pin was to limit the amount of dust and debris that got into the action.

Reactions: deersniper
FWIW I have 2 Zeus actions, the first ones @Joel Russo put out and they are the Quick Change with set screw type;
I have tried the "hand tight" barrel fitting and then locking with set screws it works and shoots fine.

I don't change barrels a lot and I'm thinking 58,000psi in front of my face so I choose to use an action wrench/barrel vice setup and have tried various torque settings - anywhere from 40-60ft/lb is a solid lock up. A nice little pop as barrel releases on removal without too much force on breaker bar/action wrench.
NB. Variation in headspace between hand tight and 40-50ft/lb is minimal and go/no go gauges and previous brass function fine for me at least.

Clean barrel tenon and action threads before you install/reinstall a barrel in the Zeus and apply a little bit of anti seize just to the barrel tenon threads, I use Permatex Aluminium Anti-Seize.
Tighten set screws hand tight (dry) and go shoot.

PS. I work with a lot of expensive carbon fibre parts - Tip on "hand tight hex screws" force; Use an L-shaped allen key set, long end in screw and torque with thumb and one finger on short arm of allen key. Smaller the key, shorter the arms so this minimises force applied and you'll never strip another small screw

For tenon threads
https://www.permatex.com/products/l...s-anti-seize/permatex-anti-seize-lubricant-4/

Reactions: deersniper
Anyone used the long action Zeus yet? I'm guessing there's a long wait
I have not run the long action but when I talked to @Joel Russo before his wait times were about 6 weeks and he just bought new machining for his shop to help increase production and reduce wait times

It's more than based on, Joel of Terminus owns all of the blueprints to the actions that Curtis is using.

Joel tried to get Curtis to make his improvements and they refused so he left and made them anyway, while adding customer service which Curtis seems to not have.

Rewind a year or so and a friend has issues with his Vector bolt which they give him the run around. They are very lackadaisical getting back with him until he makes a complaint on a prominent Facebook page about the situation. This is unacceptable; it should not take a public hit on their reputation to get them off their asses.
WOW...read your post a year and a half later and it's exactly what I'm getting from Curtis now. Same bolt issue, same lack of communication. I ordered a Zeus at the end of March, can't wait to sell the Vector and the still undelivered Valor once the Zeus arrives. Curtis said in Feb "it 'ill ship in a week" and again in April "it 'ill ship in a week"...Valor order is listed as "complete" as of a week and a half ago....still not delivered. I gave 'em a pass due to the state of the industry this year, but when a seller sets expectations and doesn't follow through on their word, I won't do business with them again.

Lesson learned, the hard way...should have bought the Zeus to begin with

Reactions: Stoweit
WOW...read your post a year and a half later and it's exactly what I'm getting from Curtis now. Same bolt issue, same lack of communication. I ordered a Zeus at the end of March, can't wait to sell the Vector and the still undelivered Valor once the Zeus arrives. Curtis said in Feb "it 'ill ship in a week" and again in April "it 'ill ship in a week"...Valor order is listed as "complete" as of a week and a half ago....still not delivered. I gave 'em a pass due to the state of the industry this year, but when a seller sets expectations and doesn't follow through on their word, I won't do business with them again.

Lesson learned, the hard way...should have bought the Zeus to begin with

The "checks in the mail" shit started with Curtis at least two years before COVID was a thing...I was supposed to get an action in February of 2019 that didn't show up til October...I was so pissed after all the runaround I literally gave it away when it showed up.

The "checks in the mail" shit started with Curtis at least two years before COVID was a thing...I was supposed to get an action in February of 2019 that didn't show up til October...I was so pissed after all the runaround I literally gave it away when it showed up.
Feel bad for the guy who got it.

I didn't see him put any anti seize on threads. I thought that was necessary.
Ask him (@USACS) why he didn’t use any. Anti seize isn’t necessarily required. Some kind of grease is a good idea but the thing is it kind of defeats the quick change system. If I’m swapping a barrel in the field. I don’t have that stuff with me nor am I going to clean the threads in the action.

I didn't see him put any anti seize on threads. I thought that was necessary.
I didn't as I knew I was going to be swapping barrels. I keep a little tube and apply it now when I do swaps. The sun still rose the next morning even without :) Kidding aside if you know you're going to have the barrel on for a while I would recommend it, and the action wrench makes removal easier.

Reactions: Rux
What magazines is everyone running on their BR variants? A few years ago I ran an AICS w/ Primal Rights BR Kit and it ran flawlessly in my Axiom. Planning on a 22BR Zeus.

What magazines is everyone running on their BR variants? A few years ago I ran an AICS w/ Primal Rights BR Kit and it ran flawlessly in my Axiom. Planning on a 22BR Zeus.
I tried to get a 6BR to work with AW mags and the HRD kit and failed. I was able to get the 6BR to feed flawlessly (about 200 rounds so far without any issues) using the Primal Rights magazine kit and AICS 10 round mags.

Important note: the 6BR worked with long for caliber 107 Sierra bullets. When I tried to work up some rounds for varmints (6BR with 62 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades and a much shorter OAL) I ran into feeding issues as well. I am still trying to make this work but am starting to think that 6BR won't work with magazine feeding with short and light bullets.

I tried to get a 6BR to work with AW mags and the HRD kit and failed. I was able to get the 6BR to feed flawlessly (about 200 rounds so far without any issues) using the Primal Rights magazine kit and AICS 10 round mags.

Important note: the 6BR worked with long for caliber 107 Sierra bullets. When I tried to work up some rounds for varmints (6BR with 62 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades and a much shorter OAL) I ran into feeding issues as well. I am still trying to make this work but am starting to think that 6BR won't work with magazine feeding with short and light bullets.
Yeah, my 6BR ran 108gr with ease. My 22BR will be running 88gr ELDMs which are pretty long. Sounds like PR + AICS is the ticket again.

Reactions: Franko
I grabbed the MDT on Black Friday sale. Haven’t had an issue.