• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

Mav do it man! let us know. Cant find that is was made here in the USA anywhere though.

Wtf is this screen door for?

AAB7AADE-20C9-4B9D-9132-791851D22BD7.png

You
Where in the USA do you find ED glass...

I think you are confusing the made in the USA claim a bit, with an OEM scope from overseas.
Your right, I guess I assumed the made in US because the name of the company says ArkenOpticsUSA. Just wanted to hear any info you guys had on it. Seems to be a lot of very well informed people on here so I thought if it was worth a crap one of you would know someone behind it. I Would really be interested in seeing how this stacks up to the Meopta Optika 6 scopes for a future build.

Im purchasing a Minox ZP5 here next week for my current project, so won’t be buying this Arken yet anyway. I’m also a bit new here and wouldn’t be qualified to do a review even if I did. Lol

Does anyone have any info on what to expect from the EP4 line of these scopes? Seems they have tried to hit a lot of what I’d be looking for at a very reasonable price. 6-24x, decent reticle, ED glass, FFP, 34mm, zero stop, made in USA with a guaranteed to track lifetime warranted for just under 600. In my mind the warranty doesn’t matter if the company won’t be around long enough to send it back to. Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about these. Thanks in advance!!

I believe the 6x24 was just released here a short time ago! But I did get a chance to shoot the 14 power they have and I just didn’t like the turrets, although the clarity wasn’t that bad

Reactions: Maveroid
I have my eyes on these scopes. I have a 6-24 that I am waiting on shipment. I will be running it through the wringer, and will be posting pics and info shortly!!

DK

Are any of the site sponsors Arken Dealers? This seems to be exactly what I am after on my budget build. Also with 22 Mil elevation this should get me to 1k using a 6.5 Creed, right? (assuming appropriate load used)

Last edited:
Are any of the site sponsors Arken Dealers? This seems to be exactly what I am after on my budget build. Also with 22 Mil elevation this should get me to 1k using a 6.5 Creed, right? (assuming appropriate load used)
I dont know if any sight sponsors are dealers but ive got a buddy thats a dealer and has a code for when checking out directly through arken. The code is CJSPO and by using that code youll be helping an active duty service member keep shooting.

I moved one of my 4-14's over to my fast twist 243 for some 1000yd steel shooting.
First off I am no expert but this is as close to clear and bright as any scope I have looked through.
Fighting some mirage but I never had a complaint with the scope.

BTW-------when I first got the scope the parallax and elevation knobs were a little stiff, they
Have smoothed out.

I just watched this guy named Rex YouTube manhandle a new 4-16 34mm tube. He was very pleased. He seemed like a pretty straight shooting (no pun intended) kid of guy. I did not see either of the guys repping in the where to buy section of the Arken website. Those guys sounded like good surrogates. The manufacturer should drive sales their way.

EP4 4-16X50 Compact EPR MIL
Wow! These guys are really on to something. This EP4 from Arken Optics USA .
0ap1lgppA0rD8i1uGwW42R2Yv2O9BiVT9APmfP0vfENgrhr5Bsy8JoyZFYnTvXUl3at__m6w6__hcneqx0HDdyWPlkziCqZt9mpDWFREs7Q3OJ1IuUywNmCkRDSD6It16fKOG31z

They are blurring some lines and ruffling a lot of feathers. This combination of the EP4, and Acadian Armament Pantera suppressor is great for a long range precision rig. It pulls together function, dependability and affordability. It will also take the shooter to the mile marker without waking the neighbors.

This is the first of the EP line to come out and is said to be followed by their EP4 6-24X50. I’ve only had this EP4 for a very short time, but I am a believer. 10 MILS per revolution, and total travel of 32 MILS. First Focal Plane, Zero Stop, and top tier glass clarity. These guys seem to be on a roll putting the most functional features in a nice package that everyone can afford. This scope is designed for the field. Despite this ruggedness, it is very aesthetically pleasing.

The turrets are extremely crisp... feel good! I have no idea how they do this in the $550+ dollar range. I’m selling my more expensive scopes and upgrading my entire collection. The overall fit and finish are on par with brands/models costing thousands of dollars. The EP series also offers a step up in glass quality that is up there with the Japanese and Germans. They really seem to be going after the premium market without the price hit.
The turrets and reticle were absolutely spot on. 0.0% tracking or reticle scaling error. Impressive within this price range. The AZS (Arken Zero Stop) makes it easy to return to ‘0’. Not having to remove the cap to set the AZS is a great feature.
EPR Reticle
6GHWrEvREbuIZSd2_rjJdnuENjQOdjU_oB4A6HQYlDypfYw6EOz0M5x6Cy1l6EUEEeQbyxQlrBRzcvrw75kssXslYVY9A9LSIIuArHJDZWSuiU0r3fDNjISZq62ndXSDMMckvzEu

The EPR MIL reticle is a grid style reticle with a ranging tree at the top. This has more of a military style and purpose but very cool. To use this feature, you would place the feet of the target at the center point of the reticle and the top of the head would give you a range indication on the scale above the reticle. This reticle also allows ranging with shoulders inside the vertical lines on each side of the range indicators.
Side adjustment parallax is robust and smooth. Very refined with logo cnc'ed on it. Has an arrow indicator over yardage markings, which is personally preferred.
Eye Relief
The 34 mm has very forgiving eye-relief making it somewhat challenging to find scope shadow. It’s there, then it’s not. This takes away the personal internal debate we tend to have when trying to get it right.
Ratings 1 to 5:
Glass Quality - 5

I compared to top tier scopes at 34 mm and clarity and contrast is great. This is always difficult to quantify. Passes my test with flying colors.
Reticle - 5
Very useful for those used to this style of reticle. Some may not like the crowded feeling but this style has become more mainstream, so I get it. They removed the horizontal lines near the center point to provide a better picture of the target. One suggestion would be to add a chevron, something other than the same size dot, to attract the eye to the absolute center.
Turrets - 5
The Zero stop is a great feature to find at this price range. Easy to operate. This should welcome those unfamiliar with the concept. Really paramount to know the position of the elevation knob for obvious reasons. Markings are easy to read and follow. Looks like they also made the revolution indicator more noticeable (so you know the amount of full revolutions the turret has traveled) . Nice detailed upgrade. Very solid mechanically.
Tracking - 5
It tracked perfectly through my entire box test. 10 MILS: Up, Center, Down, Center; 5 MILS: Right, Center, Left, Finishing on Center.
Overall Rating - 5
Very impressed. Only time will tell. I will continue to be a customer if they can keep this up. FFP, Zero Stop, Great glass, 10 MILS/rev. Tracking Guarantee. Lifetime Warranty. Glad I gave them a shot.

Last edited:
I see the user name implies a "reviewer" but I don't know I would call it a trusted source or just an individual with an anecdotal post regarding his experience with the optic. I have no idea who 406Review is ... and if that is a blog or just an individual

Again, understand what you are saying, this is a $550 scope that in my personal opinion is in line with other OEM Scopes of this kind, just 3x cheaper

There are several new brands on the market selling LOW/OEM scopes and most are coming in around $1500, this one compares and comes in at $550, and is a nice solid feeling optic.

the spec is very good, it hits all the marks for what we use, sure the reticle is not perfect but could be worse (as alluded, see PA) the sight picture is very good, the quality is there.

People try, I would not beat him up too bad and just look at the opinions in their totality when combined with others out there.

I highly doubt you'll see too much exaggeration for a $550 scope,

Reactions: GLD1980
406 is Montana -- Isn't that Rex?

Even if they had no idea why cantilevered scope bases exist or how they mount, I would not have spit my coffee out, if it was at least at the front of the receiver. Then one could easily cover their tracks with statements like "I wanted to show the brilliant range of the eye relief" or some other nonsense & BS.

Really this is almost as bad as HK's old brochure
HK.jpg

It is not about the scope itself, just like the above is not about the actual bullet ;)

The eye relief on the scope is no issue, it's pretty consistent

being a 16x it's not short
not the actual eye relief of the scope.

its that the ocular of the scope is in the middle of the cheek piece. because the scope mount is backwards IN ADDITION to it being mounted as far back as possible on the reciever

any credibility the author may have had is gone. yeah yeah some media person probably took the picture but why.

It actually does not say where it is from, it appears to be LOW but could be a variation from somewhere else

But it's pretty consistent with the others we see, and in fact, it's a bit more solid of an optic vs something like a Nikon Black

the spec's are posted

Magnification: 4-16x

Objective Diameter: 50 mm

Eye Relief: 3.94 - 3.35 inches

Field of View: 31.4-7.9 ft@100 Yards

Tube Size: 34 mm

Turret Adjustment: 1/10 Mil

Reticle Position: First Focal Plane

Reticle Details: EPR MIL

Zero Stop: AZS Zero Stop System

Zero Reset: Yes

Elevation Adj. Range: 32 MIL

Windage Adj. Range: 10 MIL

Adjustment Per Revolution: 10 MIL

ParallaxSide Parallax Adjustments: 25Yds-Infinity

Illuminated Reticle: No

Turret Rotation: Counter Clockwise (CCW)

Length: 12.2 inches

Weight: 32.3 oz

Strangely, this same "reviewer" posted a word-for-word paste on an Optics Talk forum. The geography says Montana but the IP address says Texas.
Then the same IP address posted again, but with a different account, different name.

The scope may be solid, the company may be good; but 406's shenanigans are deceptive at best, if not outright bullshit.

If I were Arken, I might ask him to stop endorsing their products, 406 is making this look more Countersniper-like by the post.

I didn't watch the video, but the review above is straight-up fluff.

I like high value scopes, but airsoft-like reviews don't do much for me.

His mount is on backwards,

that part of the picture

Warne mounts go the other way

I had to flip the mount because the lugs were interfering with bolt. It is not a 20 MOA mount and works great as is guys. This scope really is impressive and was just trying to write a review and post it around to help promote a new option for us long range shooters.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnCarter17
I had to flip the mount because the lugs were interfering with bolt. It is not a 20 MOA mount and works great as is guys. This scope really is impressive and was just trying to write a review and post it around to help promote a new option for us long range shooters.
so you're saying you shot the rifle as it's pictured?

Well then, move the scope in front o

Oh, boy.. that explication makes this worse not better..

moving it in front of the bolt where it is designed to be would have been the solution, even if you had it mounted backwards - so much wrong here.

You are probably right. I just hate hitting my knuckle on the big mounting lugs so i flipped it.

This thread is already teetering.

If Frank says it actually doesn’t look too bad (which is doesn’t from the pics/video) then there is probably at least a shard of legitimacy here.

And for $500 with a lifetime warranty, what exactly is the risk? I know the stigma surrounding these off-brand optics companies but it would almost seem folks want to see them fail at this point.

This thread is already teetering.

If Frank says it actually doesn’t look too bad (which is doesn’t from the pics/video) then there is probably at least a shard of legitimacy here.

And for $500 with a lifetime warranty, what exactly is the risk? I know the stigma surrounding these off-brand optics companies but it would almost seem folks want to see them fail at this point.
Lifetime warranty is only valid if the company is around to actually warranty it

If it werent for the reticle it looks like a solid enough design

I am sure I am just missing it, probably on the box or paperwork
Will you be able to do a review for us poor folk please? I work hard for my money and will never be using a rifle on a battle field and don’t expect to win any major competitions. But if the scope tracks 98% or so and the glass is decent saving 500 dollars would be great. That 500 bucks saved I could then spend on a class with a good instructor. Thanks. I know you get slammed with reviews from much cooler and fancier toys but this could be a game changer for entry level shooters.

@lowlight Please review so they can take your word for it. I was truly impressed guys and it feels like it is built very well. My tracking really was perfect.

Reactions: RScott
WTF ?????

What you are talking about .... that is some convulded shit right there, you can say that about any scope

Buy a USO, send in USO, have USO Fixed

Did you buy this scope and found it at fault or are you just playing unfair word games

It's a lame and unfair characterization

It's the same when guys try to compare a $1500 scope with a $3000

Any scope can break, I have a broken S&B sitting right in front of me, needs to get looked at.

You are playing generalized word games

Not everyone is a SUPERUSER and not everyone has an unlimited budget

Most of these scopes are stepping stones to something better

My observation on the scope is indeed very good. That said, this whole 406review is too cheesy for me, they need to hire some higher end reviewers to do this shit. You are doing a de-service for this scope IMO...

So you are just here to shit on what you believe to a scope made in china

Okay enough said, this thread is gone

If your soul purpose is to troll scopes you don't approve of, then we are done

It's not a LOW I got that confirmed,

But that aside, you are still just Trolling shit on purpose you don't like so I will remove this post, have them repost it, and lock it, because you are an issue, you really need to be banned too to curb this kind of thing

Too much of this FB mentality to immediately troll shit you don;t approve of