• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Barbecue Thread...Post Your Pics.

Re: The Barbecue Thread...Post Your Pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingweb50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone use a stumps smoker? </div></div>

No, but I just looked them up. Are you planning on buying one?

I just had a stumps baby delivered last week but have yet to fire it up.

I dont know the thickness but its heavy. The baby model I got is not that big and the crate it came in said it was 650lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone barbecuing this weekend??? </div></div>

I did yesterday. I bought a Big Green Egg a couple weeks ago. I built a second tier rack for it Friday and yesterday morning put a pork picnic roast above a brisket. The pork was falling apart after 11 hours or so and the brisket got there at the 13 hour mark. They're both double wrapped in foil and towels and resting in a cooler for dinner this evening. I'll try to snap a pic when I get them out this afternoon.

Got to give thanks to RJW here. My bourbon, cigar and BBQ sensei.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone barbecuing this weekend??? </div></div>

I grill every weekend! Must be a Texas thing. Waiting on my smoker....one of these days!

Pictures are kind of shitty but the food was great.

Pork Picnic
IMG_1592.jpg

Brisket
IMG_1593.jpg

Flat
IMG_1595.jpg

Point
IMG_1596.jpg

Looks great. Good job.

Switchblade, you inspired this.
52FEAACB-9E1A-4D95-91F3-120BF6655F9D-656-000000B27222F2CA.jpg

A03B8334-509E-45B4-9166-E3533BAD62CA-656-000000B284DE2015.jpg

30362B90-E8ED-4EF0-BFD8-1B59BA10EEE5-656-000000B28BA203ED.jpg

Under the bacon is an Angus rump roast rubbed with cajun seasoning, spicy BBQ rub & homemade chili powder. The same mixture was also rubbed on the bacon. It spent 9hrs on the grill getting smoked over pecan at about 200°-250°. You can see how juicy it is & it's tender as hell.

Ok here is slab of meat that me and a few friends of mine cooked up this past weekend. We put the cookout together to experiment with a few different recipes and styles before the real cookout that we are having over the 4th. That's really just an excuse to get together, cook a bunch of meat and drink a bunch of beer though. I learned a few valuable lessons from this experiment; 1. Never ever under any circumstances send Drew to buy the meat, and 2. Make sure that whatever meat you buy will fit on the grill:)
I have used a few of the recipes on this thread so keep the photos and recipes coming.

51cvpt.jpg

I'm a big fan of Traegers Barbecue (BBQ) Grills & Smokers | Traeger Wood Pellet Grills and have purchased three of them over the years for family. I've cooked about 9 turkeys in a Traeger and counting. You'll never put a turkey in your oven again. I wasted money on fancy propane and charcoal grills trying to find one that cooked well without hassle before I finally bit the bullet and got a Traeger.

Once in a while they're for sale in a Costco road show at an incredible discount. If you see one at your local Costco and can afford it, you won't regret the purchase.