• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The double standard of “going green”

Even if we could more cleanly and efficiently mine the materials in question, there simply aren’t enough of them to make green energy a reality.

Reactions: XP1K
Even if we could more cleanly and efficiently mine the materials in question, there simply aren’t enough of them to make green energy a reality.
The amount of people that fail to understand that amazes me.

Reactions: tomcatmv
Total electric has it’s advantages for some…think about it. We go completely electric, cars, trucks, buses, trains, planes. And of course all of our military vehicles.

China and Russia rips USA with EMP’s and we can all get our walking exercise or buy a horse with our digital $$ (whoops guess not!) - maybe trade guns/ammo/meat and an occasional ride in my 1962 Ford PU parked next to my 500 gal ranch gas tank for other goods.

1676740709823.png

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

yea it's just a ploy to sell you junk at a higher price that work 1/3rd as well as the non green products were .
or this just cause it's funny

Last edited:
A venture group backed by India’s second-largest solar energy company, Vikram Solar, will invest up to $1.5 billion in the U.S. solar energy supply chain, with the first investments going to a factory in Colorado next year, according to an exclusive Reuters report.

The $250 million Colorado facility will be capable of producing 2 gigawatts (GW) of modules a year initially and double the capacity over time and will also create more than 900 jobs.

How does Portland Oregon, Multnomah County State Lawyers get money from the Sun ?
You invent a Man Made murderous Hot Air Dome, that appeared for 5 days over your States County, and then magically disappears .

The Sun has no Money ? , So in a Lawyers miswired brain it now attempts to extort money from Wallets of :
Exxon Mobil, Shell, Chevron, BP, ConocoPhillips, Motiva, Occidental Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum, Space Age Fuel, Valero Energy, Total Specialties USA, Marathon Petroleum, Peabody Energy, Koch Industries, American Petroleum Institute, Western States Petroleum Association, and McKinsey & Company.

-
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/mu...r-big-oil-for-heat-dome-deaths-files-lawsuit/

-

Last edited:
And renewables most likely never will, or at least for a long ass time and definitely not until governments around the world get the fuck out of the way and let real innovation happen

Several developing countries have made it clear that they will not be able to undergo a green transition without the help of stronger economies. International agencies have repeatedly echoed the need for greater financing in the world’s poorer countries to develop global renewable energy capacity, respond to the rising energy demand, and transition away from fossil fuels to fulfil climate objectives. And yet, once again, their pleas are not being met, with a multitude of developed nations failing to live up to their promises.

I have a vague recollection of study that proved the manufacture of an EV used more natural resources than the production and full lifespan of a gas vehicle. Would love to find that it if indeed exists.

Taking a page out of George Orwell’s "1984," the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services established the Office of Climate Change and Health Equity to address the impact of climate change on the health of Americans and "pursues environmental justice and equitable health outcomes through climate change and health policy, programming, and analysis." It likely won’t be long before this organization declares that climate change is a national health emergency and implements COVID-like restrictions to combat the so-called climate crisis.

Contrary to all the "Go Green" propaganda... The world is going to run on dirty energy for many, many more years.

Developers of U.S. LNG export facilities could launch $100 billion worth of new plants over the next five years as high prices and the need for energy security create strong momentum for long-term LNG demand and contracts.

The United States is set to overtake Qatar and Australia as the world’s top LNG exporter this year after Freeport LNG resumes operations in the spring, energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie said in a recent report.

U.S. LNG exports could reach 89 million metric tons per annum (mmtpa) in 2023, according to WoodMac.

“However, it won’t stop there,” the consultancy said, noting that U.S. capacity could jump by the end of this decade, potentially doubling American LNG exports

Wanna watch a Green lose their mind?

Advocate for Nuclear.

0 Greenhouse Gas
Energy Dense (meaning the amount of fuel needed is very very small)
Waste stored in water. (see also previous line)

Its a slam dunk for energy generation, but the nuclear boogeyman is bad.

But it is the way.

Also stupid greenies killed the hydrogen fuel cell car, which also produced 0 greenhouse emissions. Its essentially electric but can be refilled just like your normal car. Oh and its more efficient than a battery.

Wanna watch a Green lose their mind?

Advocate for Nuclear.

0 Greenhouse Gas
Energy Dense (meaning the amount of fuel needed is very very small)
Waste stored in water. (see also previous line)

Its a slam dunk for energy generation, but the nuclear boogeyman is bad.

But it is the way.

Also stupid greenies killed the hydrogen fuel cell car, which also produced 0 greenhouse emissions. Its essentially electric but can be refilled just like your normal car. Oh and its more efficient than a battery.
Go Green is a scenario where man thinks he can tame mother nature.
When the light switch don't work and that glass of water on the kitchen counter is froze solid because there is no heat in the house....
Burning coal will sound good and running a nuke will sound even better.
Americans have become the dumbest society on the face of the Earth.

Becoming dumber wasn’t just happenstance. It’s a deliberate deception and the people running the con will actually tell you their plans

How would they make sense for a delivery driver/uber driver/taxi driver? Save 30k in gas over 10 years, by buying a $100k dollar vehicle instead of a $30k vehicle. I am still not seeing the savings. The only way these retard mobiles make sense is when the tax payer buys it for people. The funniest part has has to be, that people who can't afford them, are paying so people who can afford them can buy them.

I talked to some people trying to drive theirs across the mountains a few weeks back. They were charging every 100-150 miles. When the passes actually have snow and the wether is cold, that will likely be cut in half.
When I worked for the bank I drove a great deal. Back then there was none of this electric stuff. I a cheap good MPG car, a chevy caviler with a manual. I would drive that thing from one end of missouri to the other, once I made the trip across Iowa twice in the same day, yes I was driving a bit quickly. My mileage check would be roughly $2k per month. Car was paid off very quick and started to save that mileage money for something I would want to be seen in. Another guy that did the same kind of thing bought a Camaro. He was not even coming out even.

Point of the story is they never tell you what it costs to charge them. I don't own one but what are real world charging rates for these things. We all know the times to charge, and where to charge. I could be in nowhere Iowa and find a gas station, even today I doubt I would find a charging station in some of the little places I had to go.

Here is another thing to think about with this electric car thing, you know how they say China is really setting a trend for cranking out electric cars of all kinds, yup they are building and have a bunch registered but................

Point of the story is they never tell you what it costs to charge them. I don't own one but what are real world charging rates for these things. We all know the times to charge, and where to charge.

You don't know because you don't have one, so you've never really looked into it.
If you do a bit of research and have any of the charging network apps, you can see what charging is going to cost if you understand roughly how much electricity you will be needing.

Some of the networks even have bundle purchase discounts and such.

EV forums can tell you where and when the cheapest places to charge are.

Charging at home or work is almost always going to be the cheapest.
DC fast charging on the road is probably almost always going to be the most expensive.

When I worked for the bank I drove a great deal. Back then there was none of this electric stuff. I a cheap good MPG car, a chevy caviler with a manual. I would drive that thing from one end of missouri to the other, once I made the trip across Iowa twice in the same day, yes I was driving a bit quickly. My mileage check would be roughly $2k per month. Car was paid off very quick and started to save that mileage money for something I would want to be seen in. Another guy that did the same kind of thing bought a Camaro. He was not even coming out even.

Point of the story is they never tell you what it costs to charge them. I don't own one but what are real world charging rates for these things. We all know the times to charge, and where to charge. I could be in nowhere Iowa and find a gas station, even today I doubt I would find a charging station in some of the little places I had to go.
6 years ago, someone gave me this car (with a signed title) if I would haul it off. Transfer title / license, new battery, starter, 4 tires, brake pads, etc for a total cost of $1,000. It is my daily driver. Nothing done but oil changes / filter and routine maintenance. Like an old dog, it's trustworthy. Few American's would lower themselves to having a vehicle like this. It get's me from Point A to Point B. Cheaper to own than an EV.
IMG_9773.JPGIMG_9774.JPG

I know I’m a tard. But what exactly is the reasoning behind oil being finite? I mean… if it’s made via super-compressed organic matter, and millions of life forms are dying all the time day after day, then why would it be limited?

It's not. We're finding it everywhere. We have more oil in the northwest US than all of Saudi Arabia. It's just more expensive to extract because there's not enough pipeline to ship it.

Every time oil crests $120+/barrel you'll see mini oil booms in the harder to reach places.

Part of the issue has been that it's so deep in places the drill heads melt. Liquid CO2 cooling is coming online to solve that, as well as vastly reduce water use in drilling.

You don't know because you don't have one, so you've never really looked into it.
If you do a bit of research and have any of the charging network apps, you can see what charging is going to cost if you understand roughly how much electricity you will be needing.

Some of the networks even have bundle purchase discounts and such.

EV forums can tell you where and when the cheapest places to charge are.

Charging at home or work is almost always going to be the cheapest.
DC fast charging on the road is probably almost always going to be the most expensive.
Let me try again.....I did not really explain what I am looking for well, no real shock there.

Lets say my electricity at home costs .15 per Kwh, and it does. What I want to know, on average is how far a car will go on one Kwh. Now I know everything you turn on will reduce that range, heated seats, radio, AC, heat, lights, what do those different draws do to your range. Say at night during the rain on a 40F evening with the lights on the heater on the heated seats on, the wipers going, a real world use for the car, what is the range now, and how does that differ from its ICE counterpart. The car engine itself makes your heat, and with roughly 60 years of AC in cars they are getting darn good at cooling with little drag on the engine, same with alternators. What kind of reduction do we see from both. I will not get into the different weather conditions we all saw what happens to the range when the temps drop.

I also have a feeling that when people start charging at home in real numbers we are going to see our rates get "adjusted" I have also seen in the news lately that they are restricting the times that you can charge and for how long, with zero money going into "the grid" this electric stupidity is really the cart before the horse, no doubt about it. And really makes me think it is being setup to fail, there is no way for it not to fail without big money going into "the grid", and that is not happening. Hell even if they did pump money into it the workforce for that kind of job is just not there anymore.

6 years ago, someone gave me this car (with a signed title) if I would haul it off. Transfer title / license, new battery, starter, 4 tires, brake pads, etc for a total cost of $1,000. It is my daily driver. Nothing done but oil changes / filter and routine maintenance. Like an old dog, it's trustworthy. Few American's would lower themselves to having a vehicle like this. It get's me from Point A to Point B. Cheaper to own than an EV.
View attachment 8177171View attachment 8177172

Mine was just like that only two door. I actually liked the little car, fairly fun and snappy with a manual gear box. Only let down was the engine, and it's major issue was Dexcool. After switching back to green (had to get green in there somewhere) coolant all the gasket issues went away.

They made updated gaskets when they figured out dexcool ate the plastic. I can't think of a GM intake gasket I changed on a car with less than 100k though. It was pretty revolutionary at the time to have maintenence intervals on coolant and spark plugs of 100k. I bet most didn't get changed at 100k though.

Let me try again.....I did not really explain what I am looking for well, no real shock there.

Lets say my electricity at home costs .15 per Kwh, and it does. What I want to know, on average is how far a car will go on one Kwh. Now I know everything you turn on will reduce that range, heated seats, radio, AC, heat, lights, what do those different draws do to your range. Say at night during the rain on a 40F evening with the lights on the heater on the heated seats on, the wipers going, a real world use for the car, what is the range now, and how does that differ from its ICE counterpart. The car engine itself makes your heat, and with roughly 60 years of AC in cars they are getting darn good at cooling with little drag on the engine, same with alternators. What kind of reduction do we see from both. I will not get into the different weather conditions we all saw what happens to the range when the temps drop.

Driving speed and driving style make a HUGE difference in the consumption of electricity.
However that is not unique to EVs.
The Tyres you run can also have up to a 10% consumption difference.
(Again, not unique to EVs)
Straight high speed highway non-stop driving is the worst case for EVs
A mix of light traffic in the city with some slowing and accelerating and some stops is the best case for EVs

The best place to get detailed answers to all that is the EV forums for owners of the specific model of EV you are looking for as it will vary.

Cold weather is probably the biggest issue with EVs and again that depends on do they have a heatpump / heat scavenging system or not?
Hot weather is not nearly as big of an issue and the AC makes very little difference in the range on most models, because you have to have the radiator and fans going anyways to cool the battery packs.

Here is some examples from my actual usage, driving a big 3 row full sized SUV with standard all season factory tyres, in a mix of city / highway / suburban driving.

80 degree weather which is about the perfect for maximum economy, about 12 KWh to go 36 miles so about 3 miles per KWh
60 degree weather, minimal difference (less than 5%)
100 degree weather, minimal difference (less than 5%)
40 degree weather, about a 20% increase in consumption
20 degree weather, about a 30% increase in consumption
0 degree weather and below (anecdotal evidence only) about 50% increase in consumption.

Lights on high (LED) and wipers going, probably adds about 5% increase in consumption
Heated seats add 5% to 15% increase in consumption depending on if you are powering 1, 2, 3 or 4 and what the heat setting is.

You can get a rough idea of the numbers by talking to others, reading specs and making your own calculations.
However if you want to be all crazy about being specific, then keep a log for the first year you own your vehicle and you'll have a pretty good understanding of the exact power draw by the end of the first year, as it specifically applies to you.

Here is also a much larger set of rough numbers from another reviewer:

We can surley all agree eletric cars are only "viable" in the sense that the government is paying people to make and buy them.

They use more energy when charged by burning fuel vs just buring the fuel to run the car.

I also have a feeling that when people start charging at home in real numbers we are going to see our rates get "adjusted" I have also seen in the news lately that they are restricting the times that you can charge and for how long, with zero money going into "the grid" this electric stupidity is really the cart before the horse, no doubt about it. And really makes me think it is being setup to fail, there is no way for it not to fail without big money going into "the grid", and that is not happening. Hell even if they did pump money into it the workforce for that kind of job is just not there anymore.
There are plenty of educational webcast out there if you want that info.

Ive designed a lot of EV systems to support fleet type customers. It amazes me the utility sizes required to support a DC fast charger, or even just a level 2 charger. Is an electric vehicle cheaper to operate.....yes. But the offset is the upfront cost and the backside cost. The real issue our leaders turn a blind eye too, is that we don't have a power grid to support EV right now.

As some one mentioned, you would be suprised at the amount of EV charger stations out there. ChargePoint and Tesla have them all over. I do designs for Evergy and they have put a bunch in too.

EV reminds me of the compact fluorescent bulb. It's a start in the direction of something different, but the real solution will follow this EV thing. Not sure what that is, but it will be the LED of transportation.

You're local to my area, do some Googling of the Panasonic battery plant in DeSoto, KS if you want to blow your mind!

Your numbers would have it at $1.80 to go roughly the same distance I can go on $3 worth of gas. That is not too bad if that is bankable using my current electric rate. But it does not seem to add up with other things I have read online where people charging are paying roughly gas prices for a recharge. I read a story somewhere where a guy had a new "service" run in just for his electric car. Now he pays a "fee" for it not being a house, I guess a little like how I pay a fee for having my shop on another meter, and his charge was IIRC a tick more then the costs of his wifes gas car.

One thing is for sure this stuff is really complicated to learn about, numbers here don't agree with numbers there, one guy has this experience the other has that. Nothing seems to line up, for each yes you find a no.

Personally being the tin foil hat wearing guy that I am, I think this is all by design. It is not really what they say it is, and with big companies like Toyota saying EV is not all it is cracked up to be, and Ford saying it sells each EV for a five figure loss it is just hard to know what to buy into, and they are too expensive to get one for a test on a whim.

One thing we do know without any shadow of a doubt, they do weigh a great deal more then their gas counterparts, roughly a ton more, that is more wear and tear on everything from brakes to ball joints to the road it drives on and pays not taxes to support. We will not get into the child slave labor to make the things.

Unless I could charge the thing at home off of all renewable sources all by myself and the costs for all are equal or less then a current gas car with all the normal gas car features including range, it is just not for me. I am getting ready to run into town to pick up some meds, this will be almost a two hour trip and over 100 miles. My truck has half a tank, no worries if I would make it, I would be wondering if I would make it if I was in a Ford truck.

This is a perfect example on how things are just not lining up. In this video when he gets to price he looks at MSRP for a new gas truck and then what the average customer paid for the electric truck. Ahh anyone see an issue here. MSRP vs street price. Buddy of mine bought a new F150 last september all the bells and whistles 4wd and out the door no trade in he paid 48k. That is a pretty not right thing to do.

Long ago, American's who were 'down on their luck" were sent to the Poor House.
$20 Billion would build quite a few "Poor Houses"...
Think about it.

Fuck all this bullshit.

I can do 0-60 in 3 seconds. In a truck (Rivian). Carry my rifle in my TacOps drag bag with all the trimmings in the through tunnel, listen to tunes in a top end Meridian stereo (which is fucking amazing), and do about 99% of what any fucktard in an overpriced Ford F-150 does. I can take that Rivian and hit 30+ inches of water or raise my clearance to 15” and bounce up and over pretty much anything with my quad motor set up. Torque? Fuck off, I shit torque and piss twist I have so much to spare.

But yeah, charging infrastructure sucks, m’kay

Which is why my long trip do anything is a ‘98 Land Cruiser with winch, steel bumpers and cool shit.

don’t be a poor, have both and piss off everyone because they’re all cunts anyway.

Fuck all this bullshit.

I can do 0-60 in 3 seconds. In a truck (Rivian). Carry my rifle in my TacOps drag bag with all the trimmings in the through tunnel, listen to tunes in a top end Meridian stereo (which is fucking amazing), and do about 99% of what any fucktard in an overpriced Ford F-150 does. I can take that Rivian and hit 30+ inches of water or raise my clearance to 15” and bounce up and over pretty much anything with my quad motor set up. Torque? Fuck off, I shit torque and piss twist I have so much to spare.

Which is why my long trip do anything is a ‘98 Land Cruiser with winch, steel bumpers and cool shit.

don’t be a poor, have both and piss off everyone because they’re all cunts anyway.

And you do all this between your performances at Tranny Reading Hour......

Regardless of performance, the Rivian looks like a really talented 8 year old drew a cartoon truck.

Glad you are happy with yours, just not for me.

Reactions: Yasherka
Rivian does look daft. But so do todays trucks with grills 5’ high. It’s actually comical the unnecessary size of them. The ‘24 Tremor has a far more pragmatic redesigned hood.

The Rivian is the best made and designed vehicle that doesn’t cost $200k+

BtW, lol to anyone stupid enough to buy a dodge TRX.

Electric cars are nothing about making money it is simply a plan to force people into large cities where they can be easily policed, easily forced to do the rulers bidding.

Its not money, its control.
For a moment, imagine a Class 4 - 5 hurricane heading for any of the Gulf Coast states and an evacuation order issued to a population that depends on EV's for transportation.

For a moment, imagine a Class 4 - 5 hurricane heading for any of the Gulf Coast states and an evacuation order issued to a population that depends on EV's for transportation.
Well with New Orleans, it really doesn’t matter what you drive, three highways out of the bowl and far too many vehicles to travel down them. But its ok, we spent multi-millions building a seawall capable of saving the city from a Cat 3 Hurricane that would hardly do anything if the city was hit with a cat 4 or 5 hurricane. Hard to understand the reasoning for this decision

Now as far as electric cars. They could be made reasonably workable. Have readily removable and replaceable batteries with Filling Stations, keep a supply of charged batteries at hand at all times and the equipment to quickly and easily change them out. The batteries would have a meter telling the amount of KW’s in the charged battery and the electicalist would pay by the KW delivered.

Yep the equipment would require something in the order of a small forklift to remove and replace the batteries, and yep the operator would have to be skilled in their use and yep, the “filling Station” would have to have a huge charging station capable of holding racks of these heavy batteries, but again, workable is workable, not always the most practical or the very best available.

Mention this to just about anyone who is in government or has a green or woke outlook and they will shout you down like you are the stupidest person ever born, the permanent, rare earth batteries in the current ev’s are the very, very best solution to keep the earth from melting, the human race from being exterminating by the year 2018, (not a misprint) and the sun from expanding and the big bang reversing and GOD dying (even though they don’t beleive he exists so a normal brained person would wonder why someone would think he is dying if he never existed???).

So, I am well capable of training horses (having had a professional license once upon a time) am a great sailor, (getting my boats into and our of their slips under sail, while watching so many struggle to get their power boats into a slip, almost as funny as spending the day at a boat ramp, sitting in a lawn chair, with beer in hand watching people trying to back a trailer) and have a fair idea on how to procure my own food.

So, go Green, save the world by destroying it.

Last edited:
Fuck all this bullshit.

I would love to know the nature of the fender bender. $42k to repair the truck. Seems a bit spendy.