• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The double standard of “going green”

The sound you make swallowing Royal Cock as a loyal subject.

Was your wife mad Prince Charles exercised Prima Nocta with you before your wedding?
Nah, she did want a threesome though.

Does your wife know she’s in a homosexual marriage?

Now as far as electric cars. They could be made reasonably workable. Have readily removable and replaceable batteries with Filling Stations, keep a supply of charged batteries at hand at all times and the equipment to quickly and easily change them out. The batteries would have a meter telling the amount of KW’s in the charged battery and the electicalist would pay by the KW delivered.

Yep the equipment would require something in the order of a small forklift to remove and replace the batteries, and yep the operator would have to be skilled in their use and yep, the “filling Station” would have to have a huge charging station capable of holding racks of these heavy batteries, but again, workable is workable, not always the most practical or the very best available.

Actually battery swaps are super simple, totally automated and just about as fast as filling up with gasoline when done right

Watch this video if you want to see how the latest generation does battery swaps (you can still charge as well)

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
EV guys,
How are batteries disposed of and or recycled?
Cost for new battery?

Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
EVs aren't the answer.

Won't be until we can generate enough electricity to power them all AND power the use we need now via alternative means. ...but don't talk about nuclear plants! That's not the energy the greenies want.

Something like a diesel-electric locomotive makes much more sense to me. Small engine to power the generator that powers the vehicle seems much smarter, but like most things the 'smart people' are focused on other things and don't want to entertain other ideas.

I mean how much of an engine does a generator small enough to power a car need? 1cyl? 2cyl? Imagine how good the gas mileage would be and how few rare earth minerals and/or metals would the car need?

M

Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of alternative energy. Especially solar.
Problem is solar and other alternative energy sources aren’t efficient or cost effective enough to replace coal/hydro/nuclear. Hell, last I checked the best solar panels are only 30% efficient.
IMO, these alternatives, especially solar, will never compete until the government stops subsidizing the industry. These companies have zero interest in pushing the limits of technology while they continue to get free money. It’s a shame.
Don’t get me started about wind energy… one of the wind farms around here won’t even pay for itself for 50years. LMAO! Joke.
Then-there are these ridiculous laws being past banning gas vehicles etc. Meanwhile there are ZERO plans to expand the power grid. Most states don’t have enough power as it is. Oh, and let’s also tear out the damns, cause salmon! Oh oh and no nuclear…. Ugh. Gives me a headache.

EVs aren't the answer.

Won't be until we can generate enough electricity to power them all AND power the use we need now via alternative means. ...but don't talk about nuclear plants! That's not the energy the greenies want.

Something like a diesel-electric locomotive makes much more sense to me. Small engine to power the generator that powers the vehicle seems much smarter, but like most things the 'smart people' are focused on other things and don't want to entertain other ideas.

I mean how much of an engine does a generator small enough to power a car need? 1cyl? 2cyl? Imagine how good the gas mileage would be and how few rare earth minerals and/or metals would the car need?

M
Thought a lot about this type of vehicle as well. Thought that was where the Chevy Volt was going, but they wanted a ‘hybrid” according to the Toyota definition where the electric motor runs until the battery goes flat, the the gas engine starts up and takes over.

Tell me about how the ”smart” people think. I‘ve seen (and worked with) people with IQ’s that are almost as low as countable on the fingers on one’s hands with more flexibility and more openness to new ideas and more skills at Critical Thinking.

For those who are not aware, mental retardation tends to cause of those afflicted with such levels of intelligence as being very concrete in their thinking. SO, when the “Smart” people refuse to entertain new and/or different ways to solve problems one wonders about thier mental capabilities.

(mental retardation, who are people with IQ scores of 69 and below. 69 to 55 is mild mr; 54 to 40 is moderate mr; 39 to 20 is severe MR and anything less is profoundly MR.) Technically it is defined as occurring prior to 22 years of age, will remain indefinitely and having substantial limitations in three or more of the following functional areas: self‐care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self‐direction, capacity for independent living and economic self‐sufficiency.)

Thought a lot about this type of vehicle as well. Thought that was where the Chevy Volt was going, but they wanted a ‘hybrid” according to the Toyota definition where the electric motor runs until the battery goes flat, the the gas engine starts up and takes over.

Tell me about how the ”smart” people think. I‘ve seen (and worked with) people with IQ’s that are almost as low as countable on the fingers on one’s hands with more flexibility and more openness to new ideas and more skills at Critical Thinking.

For those who are not aware, mental retardation tends to cause of those afflicted with such levels of intelligence as being very concrete in their thinking. SO, when the “Smart” people refuse to entertain new and/or different ways to solve problems one wonders about thier mental capabilities.

(mental retardation, who are people with IQ scores of 69 and below. 69 to 55 is mild mr; 54 to 40 is moderate mr; 39 to 20 is severe MR and anything less is profoundly MR.) Technically it is defined as occurring prior to 22 years of age, will remain indefinitely and having substantial limitations in three or more of the following functional areas: self‐care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self‐direction, capacity for independent living and economic self‐sufficiency.)

I don't think you have fully researched how things work.

It's not nearly as efficient to drive a combustion engine to drive a generator to drive an electric motor as the only drive train system in an average vehicle.

It's like trying to use fuel to power a generator to run an electric stove.
Or sunlight to generate photovoltaic electricity to heat something.

If you have a plug in hybrid with then by default you use the stored battery power first, then when that is depleted you revert to a more traditional hybrid operation.

Then with a traditional hybrid, generally the fuel motor will run the vehicle until the smaller battery has some charge, the simple ones just get charge by braking, the better ones get charge by both braking and the engine running, then when the battery has enough charge it takes over for a bit and also takes over in stop and start and idling and such.

A small engine generator can't keep up with peak demand for power from an electric motor, so you'll need to have a decent battery buffer.

It's not nearly as efficient to drive a combustion engine to drive a generator to drive an electric motor as the only drive train system in an average vehicle.

If you have a plug in hybrid with then by default you use the stored battery power first, then when that is depleted you revert to a more traditional hybrid operation.

Then with a traditional hybrid, generally the fuel motor will run the vehicle until the smaller battery has some charge, the simple ones just get charge by braking, the better ones get charge by both braking and the engine running, then when the battery has enough charge it takes over for a bit and also takes over in stop and start and idling and such.

A small engine generator can't keep up with peak demand for power from an electric motor, so you'll need to have a decent battery buffer.
You could well be right. But I do believe a small running at its optimal efficiency will feed the battery buffer sufficiently to run a vehicle quite nicely. The problem with plugins is that we don’t have enough infrastructure to maintain the current power grid. And there has been a sustained effort to tear down all of the traditional methods of power generation as well as an almost total ban on any new nuclear power generating plants. Strikingly sad is the decent safety record of the nuclear power generation in United States surface and submerged warships.

Personally, never been a fan of hybrids. Too complex and being almost 75 years old, seen too much complex consumer products that were frankly bad. ( I want the thing to start when I get in it and stay started until I am ready to shut it down. ).

So, I leave it with you. Nice debate.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I’m guessing a touch of insurance fraud and unnecessary ‘abundance of caution’.
From what I have come to understand is the lack of people that can work on the stupid thing, the lack of parts, everything going into making new ones for suckers.....err customers to buy. So it gets towed miles away to sit on a lot while it waits parts that do not exist. If the parts ONLY come from one place and one place only, what do you think the costs are going to be.

With a train engine it is a unique system that fits that need perfectly. Trains are heavy as all hell, and electric motors excel in high torque settings. They also don't require transmissions that would add weight and make the engine more complex. Diesels are very thrifty engines that are also high torque so they can swing the generator much cheaper then a "gas" engine can.

Oddly enough when left alone the free market will come up with the most inexpensive way to get the job done. The only time the .gov should stick its nose in there is when something is a risk to public safety, or a "cornered market" exists.

I have a feeling that the people that run rail roads don't much care for train derailments, even if the .gov does not stick their nose in there it will effect the bottom line.

Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of alternative energy. Especially solar.
Problem is solar and other alternative energy sources aren’t efficient or cost effective enough to replace coal/hydro/nuclear. Hell, last I checked the best solar panels are only 30% efficient.
IMO, these alternatives, especially solar, will never compete until the government stops subsidizing the industry. These companies have zero interest in pushing the limits of technology while they continue to get free money. It’s a shame.
Don’t get me started about wind energy… one of the wind farms around here won’t even pay for itself for 50years. LMAO! Joke.
Then-there are these ridiculous laws being past banning gas vehicles etc. Meanwhile there are ZERO plans to expand the power grid. Most states don’t have enough power as it is. Oh, and let’s also tear out the damns, cause salmon! Oh oh and no nuclear…. Ugh. Gives me a headache.

I can agree with 99% of what you are saying. Where I disagree is the .gov free money to these people. Now make no mistake I see zero reason for the .gov to give them one single dime of my money, that is not how it is suppose to work. If I have an idea for a new widget, that will be far better then all the other widgets it is on me to hunt up funding. If people like the idea and see it as viable people will give me their money so I can build my widget that I think the world will want, they are expecting a greater return after everyone is banging down my door to buy my new widget.

What the .gov is doing is artificial, pumping BILLIONS with a B (love that movie) into an idea that is just not quite ready for prime time. All this does is get more people doing the same thing, nothing new is coming. Oh sure someone may come out with a panel this year that is 32% efficient, where it would take longer without the .gov money. None of that gets around the fact this is not the .gov's job.

Playing with the small cheap solar thing I built I learned quite a bit. It takes a lot to run things. The sun is not constant, even on a clear day, I sit there and watch it on a clear blue day and the voltage and current will vary by as much as .5 volts or amps. Electric gizmos don't like that so much. So you need something to "smooth" out that power, so a battery to act as the "buffer" and an inverter to do the AC side of things, and the DC side of things can be done right of the battery.

The way I have mine setup I will make roughly 30amps on a clear day at 20v. The way I understand it is my panels are making 30a, so I can pull roughly 30a out and be a wash. 30a is not much, roughly two house circuits.

I really don't think it is ready for prime time, but I do think it is great for a supplement your use, and that is what most people do. And it is all "they" want you to do.

This is already TLDNR, so I will leave it there.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Overall, the rapid electrification of the U.S. transportation sector would increase consumer costs, make the electric grid more vulnerable to blackouts, threaten national security and may not even lead to fewer greenhouse gas emissions, according to the paper titled "Electric Vehicles for Everyone? The Impossible Dream" and authored by Manhattan Institute senior fellow Mark Mills.

It would appear that some Germans have about had it with the antics of the greentards

Durn it officer, the brakes failed! I tried my very best to stop the vehicle but it just kept going forward, even seemed to accelerate. I tried, I really, really tried, I just could not stop. I am truly sorry for the poor lady protestor sitting in front of my vehicle at the intersection, I would never hurt her intentionally, and yes, I will get my brakes checked.

Yes its true officer, this is the third time my brakes failed at an intersection with protestors. Its those darn brakes. Been to the repair shop over and over and they just can’t seem to find the problem.

• Love
Reactions: 232593
XwEuI4yG1aAV.jpeg

Durn it officer, the brakes failed! I tried my very best to stop the vehicle but it just kept going forward, even seemed to accelerate. I tried, I really, really tried, I just could not stop. I am truly sorry for the poor lady protestor sitting in front of my vehicle at the intersection, I would never hurt her intentionally, and yes, I will get my brakes checked.

Yes its true officer, this is the third time my brakes failed at an intersection with protestors. Its those darn brakes. Been to the repair shop over and over and they just can’t seem to find the problem.
It would be even better if the protesters got ran over by a hybrid or EV.

• Haha
Doubtful the world will "Go Green" during our lifetime.
According to the Paris-based organization’s Coal Market Update, demand increased “despite a weaker global economy, mainly driven by being more readily available and relatively cheaper than gas in many parts of the world.”
Overall, the IEA said 10,440 terawatt hours were generated from coal in 2022, a figure that accounted for 36% of the planet’s electricity generation.
Looking ahead, the IEA said coal consumption in 2023 would remain near last year’s record levels.

Reactions: Bullfrog08

EV Suspected In Fire Of Massive Cargo Ship Carrying 3,000 Cars​

Fremantle Highway is carrying 3,000 vehicles. Of those vehicles, 25 are EVs, a coastguard official told the NOS public broadcaster, adding there is suspicion that one of those 25 EVs started the blaze.

"Currently several parties including salvagers and the Dutch authorities are looking at minimizing the damage as much as possible," the Coast Guard said.

Shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen warned earlier this year:
Shipping companies are facing an added concern with the increasing demand for electric vehicles. Fires onboard vessels can have catastrophic consequences, and battery fires are extra potent and dangerous. Li-ion batteries generate extreme heat when they malfunction, often reaching temperatures of 800 degrees Celsius or higher. This heat can quickly spread to nearby combustible materials, causing a rapid fire that's challenging to extinguish.

We’re fucked. Things are gonna get crispy and fried. You fuckers didn’t figure on your baby jesus being a fucking arsonist did you!

I hope any other car guys caught this and understand it. For a limey Brit car guy to say another car is expensive, inefficient, & time consuming is fucking incredible

P.S. I’m a German car guy so I get it. It’s just a different flavor. Our deal is being overly complicated and leaks oil everywhere
Hmm... I have had 4 German cars (3 Mercedes,
1 Audi) and have 2 currently. None have leaked oil. Burn a little, yes. Leaked? No. High mileage cars now, all of them.
My two British cars (Jag and LR) leaked like hell. Even the power steering leaked. It's like the UK never learned how to make a proper seal. Along with Lucas electronics.....

Reactions: The D
Hmm... I have had 4 German cars (3 Mercedes,
1 Audi) and have 2 currently. None have leaked oil. Burn a little, yes. Leaked? No. High mileage cars now, all of them.
My two British cars (Jag and LR) leaked like hell. Even the power steering leaked. It's like the UK never learned how to make a proper seal. Along with Lucas electronics.....
None of your German cars leak oil? Color me skeptical. It’s not that I’ve just owned a few over the years either, I was a Mercedes mechanic for almost 15yrs. So I’ve seen my share of leaky German cars. You should definitely count your blessings, oil leaks can be yuge $$$ repairs

None of your German cars leak oil? Color me skeptical. It’s not that I’ve just owned a few over the years either, I was a Mercedes mechanic for almost 15yrs. So I’ve seen my share of leaky German cars. You should definitely count your blessings, oil leaks can be yuge $$$ repairs
Die hard Audi driver before changing completely. Had the old school Quattro, then S6, Avant(fucking awesome), Q5 (bloody kids). Never a drop.

We’re fucked. Things are gonna get crispy and fried. You fuckers didn’t figure on your baby jesus being a fucking arsonist did you!
It's clear you don't savvy.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

2013 A8, zero oil leak. I did have a fuel leak from a little "s" hose under the hood, easy replacement. 185k miles. 2013 e350 bluetec, 158k miles, no leaks. But the transmission is toast. 2000 s430, 310k miles when sold. No leaks at all. I replaced both front struts, a cam sensor and both headlight bulbs. That was it. (Not counting normal wear items like brakes--- speaking of which, easiest brake jobs ever. Once replaced both rear brakes in a half hour total.) 2008 e350, only 90k on that at trade in. So not as much experience but no leaks.

Die hard Audi driver before changing completely. Had the old school Quattro, then S6, Avant(fucking awesome), Q5 (bloody kids). Never a drop.

2013 A8, zero oil leak. I did have a fuel leak from a little "s" hose under the hood, easy replacement. 185k miles. 2013 e350 bluetec, 158k miles, no leaks. But the transmission is toast. 2000 s430, 310k miles when sold. No leaks at all. I replaced both front struts, a cam sensor and both headlight bulbs. That was it. (Not counting normal wear items like brakes--- speaking of which, easiest brake jobs ever. Once replaced both rear brakes in a half hour total.) 2008 e350, only 90k on that at trade in. So not as much experience but no leaks.
Hmmm, seems they traded a few problems in for some oil leak engineering. I have a buddy that went back to a dealership after a while away and shows pics of some of the jobs he’s doing on a text thread with a few more friends. Some of it looks interesting and some looks awful.

Oh man, a ‘00 S class. It sounds like you got a good one and it was a decent car but I made soooo much $$ on those heaps of shit over the years

It's clear you don't savvy.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
Haha. Scripture. Hahahaha.

Delusional idiot.

Haha. Scripture. Hahahaha.

Delusional idiot.
It's a shame some people need everything explained to them:

It's not about whether you believe in Jesus OR scripture. You said (paraphrased):
"You f-ers didn't figure on your Jesus being an arsonist did you!"
If someone believes in Jesus, then they believe the scriptures about him, and the one I quoted was to show you they fully EXPECT him to burn the world and everything in it at the end.
So, yeah. Yeah, they did "figure on it." Your "revelation" is old news.

Gentlemen. May I kindly remind you of forum rules 4 and 5. While religious discussion is not prohibited in the Bear Pit, it is frowned upon and is damaging to the group as a whole. I am not telling, reporting or ordering anything, but I think the discussion regarding faith has gotten a bit impolite. Please, let us just say, that we all agree to disagree and let it end.

Its truly the best for everyone.

Gentlemen. May I kindly remind you of forum rules 4 and 5. While religious discussion is not prohibited in the Bear Pit, it is frowned upon and is damaging to the group as a whole. I am not telling, reporting or ordering anything, but I think the discussion regarding faith has gotten a bit impolite. Please, let us just say, that we all agree to disagree and let it end.

You know, I never really looked at it like that… 🤔

Funny how everyone seems fine when some folks want to take irreverent pot shots at the faiths that some people have.
But the moment somebody answers back, oh now the butt hurt starts to flow.

I guess unbelievers need their "safe spaces" to hide from the discussions they start?

Don't lump me in with this. I was extremely polite. Please review the exchange of comments. No name-calling or attacks on one's beliefs from me. Nor any retaliation. My comments are a statement of fact, regardless of your beliefs. The scriptures say what they say, regardless of one's opinion of them. I merely pointed out what they actually say. I really made no "religious" comment beyond clarifying that his point was already written in scripture over 2000 years ago, and that is an independent, historical fact regardless of what your religion is.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
You guys know I like John Stossel, this is a pretty good interview on the "climate change". And goes into the one thing never talked about. The 2009 data breach where they got nailed for telling lies and falsifying their data.

At around 4min in she goes into this. She is asked about things she really does not know much about so she starts to learn more about that. Then the data breach happens at IPCC, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and talked about all that mess. Read up on that little deal back in '09.

• Sad