• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Oh happy days
75DD475B-8997-4C55-91B0-1C22A8DE772D.jpeg

I had a similar situation with a barrel shipped from Q that came when I was out of town but when I came back it was not on my front porch but it said delivered. I have a camera system and went back to watch that days footage. I saw the USPS person come to our house but nothing big in hand. Then they went to the neighbor backed up and left quickly (I purposely do not want to view my neighbors house). I went over to my neighbors to peek and did see a package on the freakin ground in front of the garage (no coverage if it rains or anything and the neighbor does have a porch. It was indeed the barrel and the box was soaking wet - the barrel was a bit rusty but no real harm and 90% came off with aluminum foil. No issues here but carriers make mistakes all the time... Many could care less about where they put your package. You may want to check with your neighbors - this is a pretty common situation.
Yes did that with several neighbors but no luck, have HD camera now, lesson learned!

The prefits are on the proof research website. You can order from any proof research dealer. You don’t have to order from TAG.

TAG haven’t done anything special here. They haven’t spec’d their own barrel from proof.

I posted the link to proofs website already.

View attachment 7176019

I think you’re right that they’re using a standard proof contours, but the length legend at the bottom of proof’s diagram is misleading. You still can’t get short barrels (sub 20”) unless you do a 308.

Does anyone know if the 5 round armalite AR10 magazine will fit the Fix?

Does anyone know if the 5 round armalite AR10 magazine will fit the Fix?

No. The armalite 308 mags are based off the m14 pattern

You could try the lancer l7awm 5rd, not sure how flush fit they are, but I’ve always been impressed with lancer mags. Any sr25 5rd mag probably has a good chance of working.

Thank you

Is there a short 5 round SR25 magazine that fits?

I’m not familiar with SR25‘s to know what I am looking For.

I really want a flush fit mag and would even consider cutting one down myself.

I doubt you're going to find anything flush fit. There are 5rd mags out there but they look the same as a 10rd. The fix has a shallower magwell than any sr25 type rifles I've seen and a 10rd mag is almost flush in them so there has never been a need for one that's shorter still.

The prefits are on the proof research website. You can order from any proof research dealer. You don’t have to order from TAG.

TAG haven’t done anything special here. They haven’t spec’d their own barrel from proof.

I posted the link to proofs website already.

View attachment 7176019

Yes, I just measured my 308 Proof from TAG and this is exactly what mine measures at said given points. I first saw it on Proofs website like you and called Stockys but some dude who was supposed to preorder it for me (The same barrel as the Proof site) wasnt there and was supposed to call me back that day but didnt. The next day I saw the same barrel in stock at TAG. To be fair, Stockys did call back late in the day the next day which was cool, but I had already ordered the in-stock one which worked out better for me. hehehe....

What are you guys using for hunting deer sized game out of the 16" barrel 308 Fix? Before this rifle, I had a thing going with the 130 Barnes. Dont know if anyone has any opinions as to ideal short barrel 308 bullets. My Proof 16" TAG barrels first set of groups is plugging the Federal GMM 168 Berger Hybrid Hunters into 3/8 MOA which was shockingly awesome but I know nothing about this bullet. We just had some in my shop which I stole for "testing". I was thinking maybe lighter bullets would be better than heavier in the short barrel. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mr. Tots
What are you guys using for hunting deer sized game out of the 16" barrel 308 Fix? Before this rifle, I had a thing going with the 130 Barnes. Dont know if anyone has any opinions as to ideal short barrel 308 bullets. My Proof 16" TAG barrels first set of groups is plugging the Federal GMM 168 Berger Hybrid Hunters into 3/8 MOA which was shockingly awesome but I know nothing about this bullet. We just had some in my shop which I stole for "testing". I was thinking maybe lighter bullets would be better than heavier in the short barrel. Thoughts?

178 hornady eld. kills everything

I have a 6.5SST on a Axial rifle. Can a Fix be punched out to this round? I ordered a 16" 6.5 Creed Proof barrel from Tag. Wonder if the 6.5SST could be run in a 16" barrel?

Last edited:
I have a 6.5SST on a Axial rifle. Can a Fix be punched out to this round? I ordered a 16" 6.5 Creed Proof barrel from Tag. Wonder if the 6.5SST could be run in a 16" barrel?

When the FIX was first released they advertised that they would be doing a .300 wsm conversion. I think the 6.5ss in a Fix would be awesome.

Reactions: moochy28
What kind of speed are you guys getting from your 16" 6.5 barrels? What loads?

When the FIX was first released they advertised that they would be doing a .300 wsm conversion. I think the 6.5ss in a Fix would be awesome.
Wouldn't you think a 6.5SS would be way overbore in a 16" barrel?

I need to load another 20 or so and test out to distance but I think I have load development done on my b/t 308 barrel.

Kind of surprised it likes .080" off so much. That's right around 2.81-.82 oal.

The 308 barrel is giving me none of the feeding hangups that I get with 6.5.

Attachments

• 3CC6771A-5CDA-4F28-8AFA-49746DC0EFFE.jpeg
    3CC6771A-5CDA-4F28-8AFA-49746DC0EFFE.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 123
Got shipping notification TAG Firearms on 16" proof 6.5 creedmoor. Should be here 11/21 and hoping to get that guy swapped on same day for some shooting on the weekend.

Already have a case of Prime ammo ready to feed the new barrel ??

Reactions: Mr. Tots
Got shipping notification TAG Firearms on 16" proof 6.5 creedmoor. Should be here 11/21 and hoping to get that guy swapped on same day for some shooting on the weekend.

Already have a case of Prime ammo ready to feed the new barrel ??
I have a 20” Bartlein 6.5 creed and Prime shoots lights out in it.

How long ago did you place the order with Tag before you go the shipping notification?

Went out and shot the fix today. I had never had any feeding problem in the past, but, today it was terrible. It feeds like crap. Looks like I am going to have to try the Velcro trick and see it that helps.

Went out and shot the fix today. I had never had any feeding problem in the past, but, today it was terrible. It feeds like crap. Looks like I am going to have to try the Velcro trick and see it that helps.
I’m confused. Your gun normally feeds fine and today it sucked?

I am not sure what I was doing different today then normal, but, today it would not feed reliably. Maybe I was not running it hard enough. I don't know.

Supesubes- Just curious why you decided to not use a tapered muzzle interface on your barrel.
I don’t use cherry bombs, so there’s no need. Precise threads and the area 419 system has proven to be very consistent. Here’s an example of a Q factory barrel I chopped to 16”. Three 3-shot groups with three different suppressors and no sight setting changes at 512 yds. Vox-s(yellow), Nomad 30(red), and an Ultra 5(green). The first shot of the Vox (high left) shanked for some reason, the rest combined are just about MOA.

DDF321B6-C678-4B08-A713-CA7CE9400C8B.jpeg

953C0565-2C5A-4115-BF8B-91B0D975B056.jpeg

Tried any loads in that barrel yet. I just received mine in 6.5 also and have not yet installed.

Tried any loads in that barrel yet. I just received mine in 6.5 also and have not yet installed.
Not yet. I was thinking lighter bullets like 129 ablr or barnes 120 ttsx and 130 berger vlds for hunting using either h4350 or rl26. I think the rl26 may be too much for a 16 inch barrel so will likely just start with h4350. I'll report back on these speeds I get.

Reactions: dymailbox
Not yet. I was thinking lighter bullets like 129 ablr or barnes 120 ttsx and 130 berger vlds for hunting using either h4350 or rl26. I think the rl26 may be too much for a 16 inch barrel so will likely just start with h4350. I'll report back on these speeds I get.
I’m getting the same barrel. Very interested to know how the Barnes 120s do.

word of advise. Put a little gun butter on the barrel before you slid into the receiver. The first time I did not use and it made for hell pulling the barrel.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon about feeding issues being gone with 308. Still getting some bolt over base type failures .

It's either open the feed lips or send the rifle in. Probably going to send the rifle because the mags work fine in my semi guns.

Took my 178 eld-x load out to distance to test. Used trasol to put 3 on steel at 750yds. Acceptable to me considering how light the 308 barrel is.

Attachments

• 32A9F9FC-6302-463D-A120-F8849DFCD83E.jpeg
    32A9F9FC-6302-463D-A120-F8849DFCD83E.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
word of advise. Put a little gun butter on the barrel before you slid into the receiver. The first time I did not use and it made for hell pulling the barrel.
Agreed. Had to tap my 308 barrel free. But once it broke loose, it came out easily.

What is everyone’s preferred factory ammunition of choice for the fix 22” 6.5 creedmoor