• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Does that match ammo expand enough? Or are you relying solely on shot placement?
Enough that it has never been a issue for me. I have found they leave nasty big holes.
Shot placement it always important and has always my number one goal regardless of bullet design.

Reactions: Sjc141
Enough that it has never been a issue for me. I have found they leave nasty big holes.
Shot placement it always important and has always my number one goal regardless of bullet design.
Fair enough. I’ll give it a test run on some coyotes. 147’s group about a 1/4 minute better anyway

Anybody want to rent me a <.75 moa Fix bbl to test?
*One that shoots factory loads, 6/6.5/308*
I can't make anything repeatable/respectable happen with my 22"GM bbl. I had it trimmed to ~20", added a proper brake, same results. 1.125-2"@ 100
Today ran 120 AMAX, 140 ELD, 143 ELD-X, 147 ELD and Fed 130 TSX.
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
Excellent hold and sight picture after all shots, save for 1. Only 1 group was under 1"(first 3 shots), just trash afterwards. Mostly 5 rounds each. Cooling between groups.

I don't suck like that. I'd like to eliminate the barrel (which I have to figure it is) and if another bbl that shoots, doesn't for me, I'll keep at it, or send someone my barrel to abuse ha

I torque every screw to spec on reassembly, Vortex HS LR scope in nice Aero mount. Atlas, rear bag, bench.

Same kind of groups from prone, and probably equal to one hand sideways gangster murder shot shooting.. :eek:

I can't make anything repeatable/respectable happen with my 22"GM bbl. I had it trimmed to ~20", added a proper brake, same results. 1.125-2"@ 100
Excellent hold and sight picture after all shots, save for 1. Only 1 group was under 1"(first 3 shots), just trash afterwards. Mostly 5 rounds each. Cooling between groups.

I don't suck like that. I'd like to eliminate the barrel (which I have to figure it is) and if another bbl that shoots, doesn't for me, I'll keep at it, or send someone my barrel to abuse ha

I torque every screw to spec on reassembly, Vortex HS LR scope in nice Aero mount. Atlas, rear bag, bench.

Same kind of groups from prone, and probably equal to one hand sideways gangster murder shot shooting.. :eek:

Have you contacted Q? They'll evaluate it.

If it were me, I’d just have Tooley or someone put a top quality barrel on it.

Have you contacted Q? They'll evaluate it.

If it were me, I’d just have Tooley or someone put a top quality barrel on it.
Being that it's been cut down I didn't expect they would look at it.
I look at your 6mm bbl every few hours though ha

My rifle builder suggested I swap the scope "just in case" it's got busted guts in some manner. I'll try that next sunny day, then maybe I'll try Q.

ETA: Swapped scopes, same story. Emailed Q. Waiting..

Last edited:
Fair enough. I’ll give it a test run on some coyotes. 147’s group about a 1/4 minute better anyway

The ELDMs will begin immediate expansion on impact, but with the thin jacket and no core retention features, you often don't get pretty mushroomed bullets. Lots of energy transfer, not a ton of penetration. As long as you don't try to get through heavy bone, it works out. Rips up lungs and other soft tissue. I know of at least 3 close friends that use them on deer and smaller with no 2nd thoughts.

Reactions: Sjc141

Where do you live?

I don't know about factory rounds but I have a 22" 6.5 Creedmoor Proof barrel I just pulled to play with the 16" barrel I just received. She will shoot around 1/2" with loads

I have not shot the 16" yet but know the 22" is a shooter

My 178 eld-x varget load seems to be a consistent 3/4moa or better but a little a little slow at 2530fps.
I loaded up a ladder with the same recipe but 2000mr instead of varget. 47-48.4gr started at 2550 and ended at 2635fps. I only loaded single rounds just to get an idea but 47-48 all went within 3/4moa and 2550-2600fps. I doubt it's worth giving up the temp stability of varget but I may still revisit it later.

113 rounds through the b/t 308 barrel now.

What powder are you guys using in the short (16") 6.5 barrels?

H4350 then? I would have thought you would need to speed up the burn rate.

Damb good thing I have 8 pounds of H4350 on the road......

Federal Premium 168 gr Berger Hybrid Hunter factory has shot 3/16" MOA in my 16" proof 308 fix and it shot 1/2 MOA in a customers gun. My powder for my 16" 308 that is giving me over 2800 fps with a Barnes 130 is IMR3031.

I just got back from Q after doing a build day for my mini fix. What a bunch of great guys and gals there. People really shouldn’t judge until they actually get to meet and sit down with kb. Don’t let the internet’s dictate your feelings and opinions on a person or brand. They all took me in and treated me like a long time friend that came to visit. I will always be a loyal Q client and will continue to proudly use my Q rifles. (Flame suit on) call me a fanboy or whatever you like. I have fantastic functioning rifles (6.5 fix/honey badger sd). I am almost certain that those of you who are having issues could get assistance if you just contact nicely. I will have to do a write up sometime this week on my visit to Q.

I just got back from Q after doing a build day for my mini fix. What a bunch of great guys and gals there. People really shouldn’t judge until they actually get to meet and sit down with kb. Don’t let the internet’s dictate your feelings and opinions on a person or brand. They all took me in and treated me like a long time friend that came to visit. I will always be a loyal Q client and will continue to proudly use my Q rifles. (Flame suit on) call me a fanboy or whatever you like. I have fantastic functioning rifles (6.5 fix/honey badger sd). I am almost certain that those of you who are having issues could get assistance if you just contact nicely. I will have to do a write up sometime this week on my visit to Q.

Which caliber did you build for the mini fix? Still waiting for mine!

Agreed. Had a great time building my Fix. Gotta convince my woman to let me get a mini fix.

Reactions: JohnnyPhaze
My youngest and his first deer
687D308E-70A8-4AA1-BC3E-C97AFC1C7D71.jpeg

I really hate Kevin with Q..... I have rifles that cost three times the price and shot half the groups. But the Fix is my coolest rifle I own.

Why is it always the rifle I pull out of the safe??????? Fuck you Kevin...

Am confirmed to be getting one of the first 25 miniFIx pistols ... i heard they had some crown and chambering issues so redoing the barrels - cant wait.
mine is #27 and I am hoping to see it at my ffl this week. the staff said they would need to take it to the range to test it out for any issues but I will ask tomorrow if they an skip it so that I would have it this coming weekend for final deer hunt of the season. the little setup is so gnarly. I even got a baby dick etched on the bolt and my son's name on the shroud. I will post photos and my experience sometime this week when I get some down time.

Blackout as well? I went for 224v but it sounds like there is issues

I was down for the 224V back in Jan 2018 when they were first released on pre-order but on speaking to Q they are having issues so they are releasing the first 25 in 300 Blk. So i changed up my order (a couple months ago).

Looks like Sig barely even tried not to copy the Fix with their new "Cross" rifle.

I don't know if kb had started on a "fix" type rifle while at sig and that's what it has finally ended up as but that's some straight up GA mess right there if they did that from "scratch".

Eta: at least it takes aics mags

Last edited:
Reactions: claytonm
I’m curious if the Fix will handle the pressure from the .277 Fury round that’s being discussed in the Sig Cross thread.

I've been eying these and am interested in one in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 16" Proof Carbon barrel. Is there a way to get this directly, without having to buy another configuration and change the barrel out?

I've been eying these and am interested in one in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 16" Proof Carbon barrel. Is there a way to get this directly, without having to buy another configuration and change the barrel out?

Tag firearms will. I believe they’re $3700. You can save a lot of money doing it yourself though. The Proof barrels through TAG are $925 shipped and you can get lightly used rifles for $2500. There’s one listed on here for that currently. The take off 6.5CM barrels are worth $350 easy so you’d be into it $3075 plus the cost of a wrench and barrel vise if you don’t already have them.

You will need the wrench but no barrel vise. I have a 22" Proof in 6.5 that I just pulled off and installed a 16" Proof from Tag to play with.

You will need the wrench but no barrel vise. I have a 22" Proof in 6.5 that I just pulled off and installed a 16" Proof from Tag to play with.

You really should be mounting the barrel in a vise to properly torque it. If you're holding it by the receiver then you're putting a lot of stress on it in a way that it's not meant to be flexed. If you're just doing it hand tight with the wrench then it will probably not shoot as accurately either.

You really should be mounting the barrel in a vise to properly torque it. If you're holding it by the receiver then you're putting a lot of stress on it in a way that it's not meant to be flexed. If you're just doing it hand tight with the wrench then it will probably not shoot as accurately either.

in all the assembly videos from Q there is no sign of a barrel vice.

I use a mag block and get excellent accuracy.