• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

890986B1-D094-49EE-A22E-2406C73545A3.jpeg

Scalarworks 1.93” - I thought it was going to be to high, but I love it.

I had a 1.5 nf on mine, 30mm tube amg. It was ok, but in some scenarios i would have liked higher. But that was prs, and out of vehicle shots, not hunting.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
I am picking up my Fix 6.5 (16") today from the FFL. Thunder Chicken came a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a day scope yet- lots of good ideas on here. I'll probably put the Swarovski 1-6 (only day scope I own) on it just to try it out 100-200 yards. Lots of good scope discussion on here. Most of my hunting will be with thermal. I have tried to google around for an Arca attachment for a tripod. So far all I am finding is a really old group buy and a rail someone printed a few extra and sold. Any direction/input on an arca rail attachment is appreciated!

Congrats man! I hope you enjoy it. - I know there are a few guys on here that run arca, might have been with the alternate rail though? Can’t speak to it. Excited to see your rig!

I am picking up my Fix 6.5 (16") today from the FFL. Thunder Chicken came a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a day scope yet- lots of good ideas on here. I'll probably put the Swarovski 1-6 (only day scope I own) on it just to try it out 100-200 yards. Lots of good scope discussion on here. Most of my hunting will be with thermal. I have tried to google around for an Arca attachment for a tripod. So far all I am finding is a really old group buy and a rail someone printed a few extra and sold. Any direction/input on an arca rail attachment is appreciated!
I'm pretty sure either area 419 or sawtooth rifles has or is working on a qsert dovetail plate

Have you contacted White Mamba here on the hide. I bought an Arca plate from him well after the group buy. He’s got some other parts as well.

Have you contacted White Mamba here on the hide. I bought an Arca plate from him well after the group buy. He’s got some other parts as well.
Thanks for the suggestion - that post was old so I didn't think to try that but will now.

I think i have one. Don’t think i sold it. Pm me and ill look for it on monday

Totally changing gears - my b. I’m like 0.2 seconds from snagging a 16” proof, but no fix tools available anywhere. Can you just use a regular ar wrench for the barrel?

I have a new ARCA rail for the Fix in my parts bin... PM Sent.

Are there any differences between the .308 and 6.5 CM versions of The Fix? Outside of the obvious accent colors and barrel differences. For example is the 6.5 CM receiver made different to more reliably feed that cartridge?

pick up a RRS Anvil and use the pic rail attachment that comes with the rifle. much better than than adding arca rail to the fix. the rifle is so narrow the arca rail makes it a bit wonky. just my 2¢

pick up a RRS Anvil and use the pic rail attachment that comes with the rifle. much better than than adding arca rail to the fix. the rifle is so narrow the arca rail makes it a bit wonky. just my 2¢
This is what I do. Have the White Mamba setup amd think its as good of an aftermarket rail as I've ever seen, and think a full length rail gives you more options, but im back to a small piece of picatinny.

This was my thinking also initially but for me I've found it's a lot faster/quieter/easier to clamp into the anvil with the dovetail vs picatinny. Especially when it's pitch black.

This was my thinking also initially but for me I've found it's a lot faster/quieter/easier to clamp into the anvil with the dovetail vs picatinny. Especially when it's pitch black.
Good point I hadn't really considered. Just last weekend I put my thermal on in the dark and when I went to shoot I realized it wasn't really attached. It wasn't damaged but it did fall. I'm still not sure how it happened I tighented the Zrodelta mount completely and walked a couple hundred yards with it staying attached.

Sorry. I am talking 300rounds in a day in a hotter setting while still maintaining accuracy.

I don’t know if I want to buy a 6.5 barrel if I think I am going to want a 8.6 creed
Did a 100-120rd/day multi-day course with the standard 16" 6.5 barrel, and it was money all day. No bullets wandering on me that I didn't screw up on my own.

If you guys have free time and don't mind Podcasts, the one from Q is probably my favorite of firearm related podcasts.

Recently they covered the field testing of the 8.6BLK and talked about some of the results of the testing that were pretty fascinating to hear about. I am just reposting their numbers, so please don't take these as my calculations or statements:
  • Typical 308 projectile out of a 16" barrel, 1:10 twist is around 150,000 - 200,000 RPM
  • They are quoting 500,000-750,000 RPM with their extremely fast twist (1:3) with 8.6; they are claiming that this rotational velocity adds a significant energy / effect on target vs. more conventionally slower twist barrels.
  • They were testing 1:1 twist barrels that were spinning apart jacketed projectiles so they dialed it back; more interestingly, the rotation was so rapid with a 1:1 twist that the projectiles were actually rotating supersonic (and therefore making the cracking noise) while still moving subsonic linearly downrange.
  • The 1:3 fast twist spins the projectile so fast that the spin drift (with the supersonic loads) is exaggerated pretty greatly at distance; at ~400m it adds 1.5 mil of windage based on rifling direction.

@Gotlag1789

After listening to that podcast, I'm having trouble seeing the need for the longer 8.6 barrels (12.5" & 16") instead of the 8" barrel. (for me at least). If you're subsonic, you're linear velocity is still going to be about the same, and the pistol/rifle is a lot easier to handle with the shorter length. If you wanted to start shooting out far enough with supers that spin drift became a real hit-or-miss problem, it seems like you'd be better off with a 6.5/308/etc. round anyway.

I'd probably rather have the RRS head, but my tripod can't clamp on the pic rail. The Sawtooth rifles Qsert arca plate is only a couple inches long and doesn't get in the way too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: _308_
I’ve now been through three scopes on my Fix. Schmidt and Bender ultra short, March 1-10x24 and a March 3-24X52. They just didn’t work for various reasons.

the next scope is a simple and cheap Bushnell LRHS 3-12x44.
Has any one already mounted this scope to their Fix?

looking for mount suggestions.

Mine seems to like it’s Razor hd lht . I knows it’s sfp,but that is alright for less than 300yds . Clearer than my vortex pst

Reactions: Scotch_egg
Mine seems to like it’s Razor hd lht . I knows it’s sfp,but that is alright for less than 300yds . Clearer than my vortex pst
What mount are you running? I had rings on my last March and it looked odd. I’m looking for the right cantilever I think.

I’ve now been through three scopes on my Fix. Schmidt and Bender ultra short, March 1-10x24 and a March 3-24X52. They just didn’t work for various reasons.

Running an ADM standard 2 lever QD mount on mine….Leupold VX6HD 2-12x42…..balances well even with the suppressor. RTZ was around 1/2” taking it on and off when I shot it at the range yesterday….Nosler Accubond 165 grain .308.

Last edited:
What mount are you running? I had rings on my last March and it looked odd. I’m looking for the right cantilever I think.
Warne cantilever now , but have a bobro waiting to be put on when I decide . I run Adm standard 2 lever mounts on thermal and lpvo and love them also. A bobro also on Scar I love

anyone using the March F 3-24x42? I have a 3-18x50, but I’m trying to cut the weight and size while keeping the optic performance.

anyone using the March F 3-24x42? I have a 3-18x50, but I’m trying to cut the weight and size while keeping the optic performance.

my issue with March is they are so focus fussy. I tried the 3-24X42, borrowed a friends for a few months. Then bought the 3-24X52 on the advice it wasn’t so parallax fussy.

After two years of trying to love the scope I gave in and sold it.

As mad as it is having owned and still owning top end optics I’m going to try the smaller Bushnell LRHS. My hunting in the U.K. isn’t first or last light where I utilise the Fix. I haven’t seen anyone mounting the LRHS on a Fix which I’m surprised. Given compact ish size and exposed turrets for a play.

although there is a Swarovski 2.5-15x42 I have spied. It just doesn’t fit the look.

For those expecting instant detailed responses understand one thing. They are a start up company with a bare bones staff. There are no customer service representatives sitting around waiting for your call. All you millennials chill.
I’ve got no irons in this fire. Just reading on a rainy day. Your comment is arrogant and I sure wouldn’t do business with you. Not a millennial. 100% disabled USMC VV Era.

I’ve got no irons in this fire. Just reading on a rainy day. Your comment is arrogant and I sure wouldn’t do business with you. Not a millennial. 100% disabled USMC VV Era.
All these years later, you decided that needed a response now? He was speaking about a specific company at a specific time. Stop acting like a millennial.

my issue with March is they are so focus fussy. I tried the 3-24X42, borrowed a friends for a few months. Then bought the 3-24X52 on the advice it wasn’t so parallax fussy.

After two years of trying to love the scope I gave in and sold it.

As mad as it is having owned and still owning top end optics I’m going to try the smaller Bushnell LRHS. My hunting in the U.K. isn’t first or last light where I utilise the Fix. I haven’t seen anyone mounting the LRHS on a Fix which I’m surprised. Given compact ish size and exposed turrets for a play.

although there is a Swarovski 2.5-15x42 I have spied. It just doesn’t fit the look.

Agree 100%. I own the March 3-24 and keep it on my bolt hunting gun. Eyebox is unforgiving. I opted for a Leupold mark 5 3.6-18x44. Very happy with the weight vs. performance.

For anyone with a proof barrel and Q suppressors - does your suppressor not thread all the way up the taper? Like I have a bit of a gap so it’s not actually flush. Its kind of annoying me haha.

All these years later, you decided that needed a response now? He was speaking about a specific company at a specific time. Stop acting like a millennial.
You know what you can do with yourself. You real tough over the internet aren’t you. I don’t do FB anymore, just getting tired of the internet and all the tough guys out there. He made a mistake, he owned it, & he doesn’t need suck @sses like you protecting him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: newguy2k3v2
So I guess awhile back I did one of those notify me when in stock things for an 18 inch 6.5 creed proof barrel. Had to do it! About the easiest load development I've ever done 140 ELDM MV: 2551 SD: 10 from a 10 shot string via labradar. Could I chase out 50 or so more fps sure, but I won't. Just gonna enjoy having it go easy for once. I like the 18 quite a bit, only a few ounces heavier than a standard Q 16 but takes quite a few more rounds before it starts getting hot, and it's around 90 these days in WV. Whole rig weighs around 10.5 lbs as pictured, with the suppressor bipod and mag. Had a nice little group going before I threw that 5th one, maybe next time.
IMG_8780.jpg
Ballistic-X-Export-2021-07-30 19_54_38.362301.jpg
IMG_8782.jpg
IMG_8781.jpg

Last edited:
So I guess awhile back I did one of those notify me when in stock things for an 18 inch 6.5 creed proof barrel. Had to do it! About the easiest load development I've ever done 140 ELDM MV: 2251 SD: 10 from a 10 shot string via labradar. Could I chase out 50 or so more fps sure, but I won't. Just gonna enjoy having it go easy for once. I like the 18 quite a bit, only a few ounces heavier than a standard Q 16 but takes quite a few more rounds before it starts getting hot, and it's around 90 these days in WV. Whole rig weighs around 10.5 lbs as pictured, with the suppressor bipod and mag. Had a nice little group going before I threw that 5th one, maybe next time.View attachment 7677788View attachment 7677787View attachment 7677785View attachment 7677784
What powder and what charge are you using? 2250 is 200-250 fps from where it ought to be.