The Fix from Q

PlinkIt

GunNut Extraordinaire
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
Wow, really useful comparison, thanks for this. What is your impression so far?
Haven't done much with it other than about 40 dry fires off the deck.

It seems like the little hook shape under the tip is a little more useful for the way I normally run my bolt. I don't know what it's called but I tend to keep my hands on the right side of the grip (floating thumb) and just blade my pointer finger up and pull back kind of with the side of my hand and finger... That wasn't working well for me as I'd slip off the side but I had to learn to put my thumb on top of it and actually grab ahold to run the bolt. Seems like the little hook kind of lets me treat it like my other bolts.

It's not enough to make any leverage difference or anything like that from what I can tell

But again I'm only a few dry fires into using it, and I'm not any kind of a pro

newguy2k3v2

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2009
College Station, Tx
I got mine and popped in it to dry fire and run the bolt a little bit.... I don't think I'm gonna like it. The factory handle with 7/8" delrin ball on the end that I've been using is more natural and easier to hang on to through manipulation.

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    i like the extended handle a great deal. Put one on my fix 6.5cm and minifix 224v rifles. I found the extra leverage helped a great deal

The King

Back to the Range
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Q got famous for the honey badger. The rattler is a significantly better system than the honey badger. I owned a noveske n4pdw which is essentially a honey badger and Uses the same flimsy stock and it was a piece of junk compared to the rattler I sold it to buy. The fix is a cool looking rifle but doesn’t do anything special I don’t see how the price tag is justifiable for what you are actually getting.

I thought that way too. I probably have every rifle the Q fix is a competitor to. Including the Cross.

The Q stomps their asses. Even though its expensive and a bit gimmicky.

Reactions: craigos and BamaSE

claytonm

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2018

PlinkIt

GunNut Extraordinaire
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 30, 2014
    Virginia / North Carolina
    I'd be much more interested in seeing what could clear the folder with the bolt closed

If we could mount a mini knob on the end of the factory unit it might be worth trying... I think I remember Kampfeld having a little tiny custom knob called the campfire