• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

So if you have been moving does that mean no barrels have been chambered for a while?

If this is the case it would be no wonder they still aren’t fulfilling initial orders.

Since my business with Q is none of your business we can file this under "fake news".

Quite clearly a political response that does not answer the question.

As such I will allow inference to be drawn by your branding of a question as “fake news”.

Certainly no “fake news” from me. I am excited about the innovation I have seen in the Fix. I raise the question genuinely as I want to purchase the product that so far eludes me.

of course by engaging in a public discussion where you discuss yourself the business you conduct with Q, I wrongly believed that you would be willing to engage in further topical conversation in reponse to posts made by you. Considering the supply of back orders is still a hot topic you may have taken the opportunity to instil confidence in the brand and that orders are being fulfilled.

I raise the question genuinely as I want to purchase the product that so far eludes me.

of course by engaging in a public discussion where you discuss yourself the business you conduct with Q, I wrongly believed that you would be willing to engage in further topical conversation in reponse to posts made by you. Considering the supply of back orders is still a hot topic you may have taken the opportunity to instil confidence in the brand and that orders are being fulfilled.

You can't buy one for the same reason I can't buy one. Because they haven't even fulfilled the preorders taken the first day of the preordering. Think about that.

They stated on instagram they are milling the first batch of receivers instead of casting them. Likely to get them out before the large cast production run. Milling is expensive versus casting. I'd be dragging my feet too. Profits and all.

They aren't waiting on Tooley. And he doesn't know anything about their production. He's just a sub contractor running barrels for them and using their supplied extensions.

There isn't going to be very many on the market or in people's hands until the cheaper receivers come in. I seriously doubt there will be any more shipped until Q1 2018...

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BE HELPFUL, ASK KEVIN WHEN THE CAST RECEIVERS ARE SET TO ARRIVE!

I do remember hearing about the initial receiver would be milled but they don't let the customer know anything. I still haven't heard from them on the status of my rifle so I emailed today to add more to the order, if it adds a month I don't really care but I would like to be informed. When I am spending a little over $3600 with them you think they could send a mass email to all preorder customers informing us of the status since they were supposedly starting to ship them July. There are a few posts on IG that date from late July so I am assuming they shipped in July.

If they are running behind or are having problems with vendors then I would understand but they are not giving updates on the status apparently. Sounds to me like they need a dedicated customer service person to answer everyone's questions.

They supposedly have #37- #40. And they flat out refuse to sell them without the suppressor. Was debating buying one and trying to sell off the can. If anyone wants the can--let me know.

(Since ive gotten 2 pm's asking I'd want $700 for it with the two brakes plus whatever shipping runs to your dealer. I'd also likely sell you the brake off the rifle if you wanted it assuming the whole thing has three. Two for the can and one on the rifle. Either way the suppressor comes with two brakes, box, everything it normally comes with. )

Last edited:
Looks like there will be some happy customers!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/20/q-brittingham-lessard/
Snapseed.jpg

That looks great, I sure hope Q gets a Canadian dealer network soon....6 lbs for a 16" 308 folder is impressive with all the features this has to offer!

Cabelas is reporting a 4-5 week wait for the backorder on these. Anyone know if this is accurate? How long has the wait been to receive a Fix rifle?

Cabela's already did the countdown to having them instock down to the day. And didn't. No idea if the new estimate is realistic or more wishful thinking like last time.

The last rifles I've heard that dealers have gotten have been serials less than 75. So they've released less than 75 so far...

Cabela's already did the countdown to having them instock down to the day. And didn't. No idea if the new estimate is realistic or more wishful thinking like last time.

The last rifles I've heard that dealers have gotten have been serials less than 75. So they've released less than 75 so far...

Yeah, I figured they were posting up inaccurate information. So, I'm thinking these pre-orders are going to be similar to the wait for high-end production 1911s. It's going to take a longer wait like a year to get the finished gun to the dealer. Seems like they would try to keep people informed about this instead of keeping everyone in the dark. Manage expectations of your customers at the least.

Snarky marketing is hard to maintain when your project goes off the rails.

I'd be seeing red right now if I had put the $ down upfront and nothing. I'm glad the New Christensen rifle is out now, same gist, just in a carbon flavor and they might actually be available to buy. Even a little more affordable $.

I'd be seeing red right now if I had put the $ down upfront and nothing. I'm glad the New Christensen rifle is out now, same gist, just in a carbon flavor and they might actually be available to buy. Even a little more affordable $.

Thanks for point out the Christensen Modern Sporting Rifle. I might cancel my Fix pre-order and switch over to the MSR 16" .308. Christensen tends to be more upfront about their delivery dates and such.

Yeah, I figured they were posting up inaccurate information. So, I'm thinking these pre-orders are going to be similar to the wait for high-end production 1911s. It's going to take a longer wait like a year to get the finished gun to the dealer. Seems like they would try to keep people informed about this instead of keeping everyone in the dark. Manage expectations of your customers at the least.

They've already gotten plenty of pre-order money and spent it, or put it in the bank and are collecting interest on it. Why would they be in rush when they hold all the cards, and they know most guys that pre-ordered will just wait it out without complaining too much?

Do we take bets on The Fix being delivered en masse first or the MDR? I wouldn't mind having either, but not with the way the releases have gone.

Dave

They've already gotten plenty of pre-order money and spent it, or put it in the bank and are collecting interest on it. Why would they be in rush when they hold all the cards, and they know most guys that pre-ordered will just wait it out without complaining too much?

Do we take bets on The Fix being delivered en masse first or the MDR? I wouldn't mind having either, but not with the way the releases have gone.

Dave

I don't think that most small businesses are willing to risk people backing out en-mass. This is a niche product. There's only so many people willing to buy a PRS style lightweight rifle at close to $3k. If you aren't ready and willing to deliver on that from a business standpoint another manufacturer might steamroll you to the market. Which is part of my point about Christensen. Lower price point and likely will get to the market sooner. They are saying 6-8 weeks on Facebook for their pre-orders which is a finite date. I would guess it will be a hard sell to compete with a product that is widely available and is less expensive.

It will be here tomorrow...it says so right on the picture :p

You can't buy one for the same reason I can't buy one. Because they haven't even fulfilled the preorders taken the first day of the preordering. Think about that.

They stated on instagram they are milling the first batch of receivers instead of casting them. Likely to get them out before the large cast production run. Milling is expensive versus casting. I'd be dragging my feet too. Profits and all.

They aren't waiting on Tooley. And he doesn't know anything about their production. He's just a sub contractor running barrels for them and using their supplied extensions.

There isn't going to be very many on the market or in people's hands until the cheaper receivers come in. I seriously doubt there will be any more shipped until Q1 2018...

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BE HELPFUL, ASK KEVIN WHEN THE CAST RECEIVERS ARE SET TO ARRIVE!

What's your actual question?

I don't think that most small businesses are willing to risk people backing out en-mass. This is a niche product. There's only so many people willing to buy a PRS style lightweight rifle at close to $3k. If you aren't ready and willing to deliver on that from a business standpoint another manufacturer might steamroll you to the market. Which is part of my point about Christensen. Lower price point and likely will get to the market sooner. They are saying 6-8 weeks on Facebook for their pre-orders which is a finite date. I would guess it will be a hard sell to compete with a product that is widely available and is less expensive.

This is difficult, because it's not just a 700 with new furniture. I invite any company to develop something this different.

Nothing has been posted that's inaccurate. Guns are shipping. We missed our target date of June.

Kevin, I know your offering differs but I wouldn't be too sure your market is so aware of the distinctions.

Lets hope the rifles come available soon and the speculation can cease.

All the best to you and your team, I'm genuinely rooting for you guys.

Kevin, I know your offering differs but I wouldn't be too sure your market is so aware of the distinctions.

Lets hope the rifles come available soon and the speculation can cease.

All the best to you and your team, I'm genuinely rooting for you guys.

Easy change barrel. 45 degree bolt throw, it's fast. Sear in the bolt body...provides the safest, crispest trigger ever. Modular. Common sense light weight, didn't have to resort to bullshit skeletonization or poor material selection. AR ergonomics. SR mags. etc.

This is difficult, because it's not just a 700 with new furniture. I invite any company to develop something this different.
That's a feature I like about this rifle. I don't particularly like the Remington 700 action. But then again, I'm like everyone else these days - I hate to wait for things to come in. I recognize there are specific differences in terms of design. Certainly their work has focused on the use of carbon fiber for specific parts.

Nothing has been posted that's inaccurate. Guns are shipping. We missed our target date of June.
I hear you. I was referring to Cabelas the retailer. They have an "estimated ship date" on their backorder page. Was seeing if folks knew if that was accurate or not. Sometimes it's a way to gauge where things are at if a large seller can get an item in that's been backordered. I think the wisdom here was that they had already posted a 6 week wait and then basically reset the counter at some point. That being said I think it would be helpful to give an estimated wait time for orders that are happening currently so that customers understand how long it might take. Kinda like how Wilson Combat does for orders or the NFA folks at Silencershop.

So straight-up Kevin: What's up with the production of the rifles, and when are you thinking you are going to fulfill your backlog of pre-orders?

Honest question, how many fix rifles have shipped? When will pre-orders be fulfilled?

I don't honestly know. I'd say less than 100, but that's a guess. Really just started shipping numbers within the past two weeks.

We discovered a last minute issue with a choice we made with the .308 extension. It's been corrected. We are behind schedule, but gun are shipping now. We are extremely proud of the gun, it changes things in the industry.

The pre-orders are being shipped now and first, then down the line from there.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
So straight-up Kevin: What's up with the production of the rifles, and when are you thinking you are going to fulfill your backlog of pre-orders?

Production is beginning, so I keep you updated. As it plays out, I'll relay it.

That's a feature I like about this rifle. I don't particularly like the Remington 700 action. But then again, I'm like everyone else these days - I hate to wait for things to come in. I recognize there are specific differences in terms of design. Certainly their work has focused on the use of carbon fiber for specific parts.

I hear you. I was referring to Cabelas the retailer. They have an "estimated ship date" on their backorder page. Was seeing if folks knew if that was accurate or not. Sometimes it's a way to gauge where things are at if a large seller can get an item in that's been backordered. I think the wisdom here was that they had already posted a 6 week wait and then basically reset the counter at some point. That being said I think it would be helpful to give an estimated wait time for orders there happening currently so that customers understand how long it might take. Kinda like how Wilson Combat does for orders or the NFA folks at Silencershop.

Barrels seem to be the only place on a gun for carbon fiber to make sense. Gun parts are generally to small to make sense for carbon fiber.

I'm not sure of the details of the Cabela's situation, other than the Bass Pro stuff and they buy some products through distributors. Further, we missed the launch date on The Fix. We are small, The Fix is a big, complicated product. Haters will attempt to marginalize the innovation, maybe bc it makes their products or favorite rifles antiquated, but it doesn't change the facts. We need to do a better of explaining all of the features and why, but we've been focused on production and getting customers their rifles.

We aren't making a 100 year old gun, sourcing simple and plentiful parts, like Wilson with the 1911. As time goes on, we will be better at predicting timeframes. And eventually The Fix will be a full production item, not hand fitted, etc. like 700's and 1911s.

I don't honestly know. I'd say less than 100, but that's a guess. Really just started shipping numbers within the past two weeks.

We discovered a last minute issue with a choice we made with the .308 extension. It's been corrected. We are behind schedule, but gun are shipping now. We are extremely proud of the gun, it changes things in the industry.

The pre-orders are being shipped now and first, then down the line from there.

This a great to see. Communication is the back bone of any business. When it is clear that there has been a supply issue and there is no open communication with the consumer they are left to formulate misinformed assumptions.

Clearly there is a line as to how much that needs to be communicated with the public. But that engagement is critical to keeping discontent rising.

I am a true advocate of the product and what the innovation represents to the firearm industry.

#rails they seem to be missed some what in the advertising I have seen.

I for one will be waiting out for your product.

I’m available to hire if you need a corporate comms advisor with passion.

Gonna have to agree with what the others have said- SR-25 mags was a bad choice. AR-15 mags is a downright retarded choice. Way to seriously handicap the .223. The MAIN advantage to .223 in a bolt gun, in my mind, is being able to run long and heavy. If I'm stuck to AR mag length, I'll just run it in my AR.

"The Fix"... You'd think they'd have been able to AT LEAST come up with a multi-mag system... I mean, if RUGER managed to be innovative like that, you'd think something called "THE FIX" would have a FIX for mag length restrictions already factored in. But nope...

No, the SR mag is the proper choice, for most everyone. AI mags are expensive, hard to find, the retention is not optimum, height control is difficult, feed lip variation, essentially loading long is squeaking a long action cartridge into a short action. You can single feed long cartridges on top of the SR mag. Most people aren't reloading 6.5CM.

Multi-mag is also a compromise. Bigger and heavier than needed. The Fix is 6 pounds, the RPR is 10 pounds, we aren't trying to do that.

What is the max load length for AI .223 mags?

I think the AR mag well is best option for the Mini Fix. Integral 300blk side folding 5 pound bolt gun seems super quiet and useful. #notretarded

You'd only need one if they got the mags right.

That gimmicky adjustable recoil pad thing sure would wear a guy out. Sure looks cool on social media though.

Maybe a guy could order a few of their cool t shirts before the rifle comes out with the plans of wearing two or three. Maybe throw in a few extra to help the cheek weld on the CA legal Honey Badger.

Can't rush perfection.

The adjustable stock works incredibly well. What's gimmicky about it?

Anybody ever figure out what The Fix is?

Mid range hunting rifle system anyone?

It seems like they are aiming for PRS stuff to me.

Can I get a pump pillow with blue trim and a cynical quote from an old guy on it please?

Bet I'd get it before I get a Fix.

Modular rifle + modular mag = win

Laugh it up Fuzzball! ;)

Doesn't the 700 do all of those things?

I saw on Instagram that the first receivers were going to be milled. And subsequent production ones will be cast.

Do you have a serial cut off number for the milled receivers?

Not yet. We aren't currently focused on it, honestly. It was designed to be able to cast, so we will cast it eventually, most likely. We will be open about it if/when it happens.

Kevin, glad to see you joined and can hopefully knock some of the wild speculation down. (But that’s what the internet is for, no?)

Any further word on the integral/one piece scope mount I seemed to have read would come available? Apparently direct mount to the receiver instead of running separate rings on the picatinny rail? Lastly, has a tentative date been thrown out there for the mini-Fix? Thank you.

Kevin, glad to see you joined and can hopefully knock some of the wild speculation down. (But that’s what the internet is for, no?)

Any further word on the integral/one piece scope mount I seemed to have read would come available? Apparently direct mount to the receiver instead of running separate rings on the picatinny rail? Lastly, has a tentative date been thrown out there for the mini-Fix? Thank you.

Thanks!

I bet is January on the scope mount. Yes, the direct mount replaces the 1913 and connects directly to the receiver.

Mini Fix is in progress. We will post updates. The aren't in a rush. We have more demand for the HB and The Fix than originally anticipated, so production is the focus for us currently. The Mini Fix will happen organically, but isn't too far in the future. We learned from missing The Fix release date by 4-5 months.