• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Just to close the loop...I heard back from Q yesterday. They are shipping my stuff out on Monday, including some sling swivel mounts. I'm really looking forward to shooting the gun slung up. Plus they are sending something extra with them.;-)

Just to close the loop...I heard back from Q yesterday. They are shipping my stuff out on Monday, including some sling swivel mounts. I'm really looking forward to shooting the gun slung up. Plus they are sending something extra with them.;-)
I’d be interested in your thoughts and maybe some pics of the sling mounts installed when you get around to it. I’m probably going to order them when available since I like to sling my rifles for hunting and not carry them in a pack.

I’d be interested in your thoughts and maybe some pics of the sling mounts installed when you get around to it. I’m probably going to order them when available since I like to sling my rifles for hunting and not carry them in a pack.
Happy to, as I'm kind of a sling shooting fanatic, and like you, I much prefer to sling my rifle when hunting, rather than use a backpack scabbard. I intend to use the PIG sling, from SKD Tactical with the Fix. It offers the best combo of carry ability and sling shooting out there, imho.

Another sling I like quite a bit is the RS2 from Rifle-craft. Not adjustable for carry like the PIG, but an excellent option for fast sling work in the field. I took my Blaser R8 out this evening and shot a 1 moa group slung up with the RS2. For some reason, shooting with a sling always makes me smile.

I have a few boxes of 300wsm ELDX 200 gr ammo and it loaded up in the SR25 mags. The issue is the case is much larger diameter and there is no way it would feed out of a SR25 mag. The lips of the mag are for 308 rounds so the 300wsm sits much lower in the mag. Trying to strip that round out would just push it into the mag body and go nowhere. A new mag would need to be made for sure. I believe Sammi spec for coal on 300 wsm is 2.860.

Reactions: Dai Bando
I have a few boxes of 300wsm ELDX 200 gr ammo and it loaded up in the SR25 mags. The issue is the case is much larger diameter and there is no way it would feed out of a SR25 mag. The lips of the mag are for 308 rounds so the 300wsm sits much lower in the mag. Trying to strip that round out would just push it into the mag body and go nowhere. A new mag would need to be made for sure. I believe Sammi spec for coal on 300 wsm is 2.860.

Could the feed lips be opened up on a metal mag like Kac or Larue?
Armalite used to offer a saum ar-10. I wonder what was done to get those to feed.

Now this I was pleased to read. I didn’t for a minute expect the rounds to fit.

A new mag follower and a steel mag with the feed lips adjusted accordingly and I’m sure it will be good to go.

I just tried on my gen 3 pmags mags and those didn't fit. The coal on these rounds I just mic'd up are 2.832. I think with slight modification and using a slightly shorter bullet (without plastic tips), would make it work on these mags. The ELDx is a really long pill and something like the Barnes VLD Hunter may work well for saving some case capacity. Time will tell. I'm sure someone already has this all figured out..

Kac and Larue mags fit these fine as they take rounds to 2.871. Pmags look like this...

IMG_20180604_072432.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dai Bando
I'm looking at getting the 6mm Creedmoor barrel but I'm not sure if i should do the 26" because it's in stock or wait and get the 24". I have 22" 6mm Creedmoor now and im seeing 3200 plus with 108s so i think even a 24" might be a bit much.

Anyone see the "Jumbo Shrimp" 6.5 suppressor on the_official_q's Instagram story? Not sure if it is wider, but it looks like it might be even shorter than a Trash Panda and weighs like 8.5 oz by itself, 10oz with the Cherry Bomb. Will be interesting to see.

I'm looking at getting the 6mm Creedmoor barrel but I'm not sure if i should do the 26" because it's in stock or wait and get the 24". I have 22" 6mm Creedmoor now and im seeing 3200 plus with 108s so i think even a 24" might be a bit much.

Why would it be a bit much? If this is a rifle where offhand balance is important a shorter barrel might be worthwhile. Otherwise, what's the downside of a 26" tube?

ILya

Anyone see the "Jumbo Shrimp" 6.5 suppressor on the_official_q's Instagram story? Not sure if it is wider, but it looks like it might be even shorter than a Trash Panda and weighs like 8.5 oz by itself, 10oz with the Cherry Bomb. Will be interesting to see.
Link?

Does anyone have details on this particular Fix?

Attachments

• 842A8BA3-BD0E-4E92-B934-487EDACE5DA1.png
    842A8BA3-BD0E-4E92-B934-487EDACE5DA1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
I want to update my take on my Fix, in case it helps anyone on the fence. I still think it may be the best all around rifle there is, and I tremendously like mine, as I said before. I've found two things I'd like to change though, and both are related to the butt pad. One, I wish it was adjustable for cant. That's about the only thing it is missing, in terms of adjustability, and I think it is a worthwhile feature on a gun, especially if there isn't a big weight penalty, like there is with most traditional stocks.

The next thing I may have to eat a little crow on. The buttpad really could be wider and softer. Think AI buttpad, which I find to be about ideal. When I got my Fix, it was winter, and as it warmed up, I have of course shed layers. With anything more than just a t shirt on, I don't really notice the problem, but now that I am firmly into T-shirt weather, the very small footprint of the pad really focuses the recoil into my nerve bundle/clavicle area. I know why they made it so small, and for field use or tripod use, it is fine, but for extended shooting sessions, I just don't have enough padding.

A replacement pad, that just slipped on and off with the original hardware would be ideal. This way you could swap pads depending on your needs, and the thicker, wider, softer pad could have cant built into it very easily. I imagine you could even rig the AI plate to it in some way, but I haven't tried.

There is a upgraded pad in the works

Attachments

• 710DDAB2-69D4-4670-A55D-D1644F8BCB03.jpeg
    710DDAB2-69D4-4670-A55D-D1644F8BCB03.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: TSean
Just ordered a Creed fix...now need to find some components. Anyone using small primer alpha brass with there fix? Since there is small firing pin, worried about pierced primers

So.. some may have seen the ladder test I did a few weeks ago with 178gr eldx and Varget and posted results. I just did one with 175 burger vld hunting pills with Varget. Goal was to get to same velocity of 175gr FGMM at 2510-2525 out of this gun. Looks like I won't get there. Didn't post the lower velocity numbers.

41.8, 2416
42.0, 2441
42.2, 2425
42.4, 2424
42.6, 2440
42.8, 2452, 2455, 2453
42.9, 2468
43.0, 2478
43.2, 2481 slightly flat primer
43.4, 2480 mostly flattened primer. Stopped here.

I shot the 42.8 twice more and am pleased with those results. Gives me a little temp leeway out in the field. With the ELDx vs Burger VLD I am seeing that I can use roughly 1.0-1.2 or more grains of powder more on the VLD pills before seeing similar symptoms. At 42.2 gr varget and the 178eldx I had hard bolt, extraction and flattened primer. On the 175gr vld at 43.4 gr I only had primer flattening and stopped there.

With the 175 gr FGMM last weekend I took it out to 700 yards with the 16 inch barrel and had to dial 6 mils. But got consistent hits every time. Very pleased with this gun so far.

Last edited:
Why would it be a bit much? If this is a rifle where offhand balance is important a shorter barrel might be worthwhile. Otherwise, what's the downside of a 26" tube?

ILya

I live on the east coast where it's mostly woods and a long shot is 200yds, hence i bought the 16" 308. A 26" barrel maybe great for 1000yd shot but not lugging aound the thick woods.

Does anyone have details on this particular Fix?

I also saw this rifle on instagram. It looks like 24” Proof barrel with the 8.5” top rail and some black ceracoat on the butt stock and forend. It certainly looks smart.

I have purchased one of the 8.5” top rails because I have no need for a full length picatinny rail and it saves 2oz. Making an already light rifle lighter.

Got my Mark 5 Tremor 3. It’s a perfect fit for the Fix!

Attachments

• A9C2097F-11BD-4952-8512-41D9F111E62B.jpeg
    A9C2097F-11BD-4952-8512-41D9F111E62B.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 187
  • B3143677-D854-4C6E-85A8-1D1881710795.jpeg
    B3143677-D854-4C6E-85A8-1D1881710795.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 215
  • A48017B7-30D5-4C49-ABEF-6E076F5F8AAC.jpeg
    A48017B7-30D5-4C49-ABEF-6E076F5F8AAC.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Which ADM mount is that? I'm still not in love with the Leupold mount on mine. Love the optic though!

It is the AD-RECON-SL 20moa cant 1.210” height.
Love the scope but the lack of mounting options is frustrating. It would be nice if Q would produce a rail with cant built into it.

Reactions: EdO

I'm glad someone else spotted this. I snapped a screenshot of it before it disappeared. Wish I had another shot from a better angle, but this is what I have. I couldn't count all of the baffles, but it looks like maybe it's a Trash Panda minus 3 baffles and a smaller aperture. By my rough calculations, that would put it around 6" long. It showed 8.5oz on the scale before the Cherry Bomb bumped it up to 10oz.

Attachments

• Q_JumboShrimp.PNG
    Q_JumboShrimp.PNG
    956.5 KB · Views: 148
I'm glad someone else spotted this. I snapped a screenshot of it before it disappeared. Wish I had another shot from a better angle, but this is what I have. I couldn't count all of the baffles, but it looks like maybe it's a Trash Panda minus 3 baffles and a smaller aperture. By my rough calculations, that would put it around 6" long. It showed 8.5oz on the scale before the Cherry Bomb bumped it up to 10oz.

Nice call on the screencap - I hadn't thought about it. But yeah, sorry for no link folks, it's the ephemeral nature of Instagram stories. I am sure we'll see something announced ... eventually.

Just got my fix today. Pretty excited. Dang it’s light...

Now to find the perfect scope. Was think Atacr, but also looking at mark 5 and pst2 3-15 (heard optically it’s crazy good)

Reactions: SLG
Just got my fix today. Pretty excited. Dang it’s light...

Now to find the perfect scope. Was think Atacr, but also looking at mark 5 and pst2 3-15 (heard optically it’s crazy good)

Congrats!

Depends if you want to keep your gun light or not. If it's light, the March 3-24x52 is really hard to beat. The Mk5 or Mk6 3-18 are other light weight options.

If you are considering the ATACR, you might as well step up to a S&B, Minox, or Kahles.

Reactions: jpj6780
I'm patiently counting down the days for my Fix to arrive. In the mean time, I started a thread asking others what the perfect scope would be if I want to keep it light. I ended up on the Leupold MK5. Here's the thread.

I received my scope back warranty work, set it up and went out two weeks ago to work with the setup and get used to this rifle. I tried FGMM 168 and 175 like Kevin said and it shot a lot better than with the Lapua 175 Scenar-L, the Lapua a lot hotter load than the FGMM. The rifle shot well with both FGMM loads even though I pulled through the trigger a few times and screwed the groups up, also a concrete bench with a piece carpet doesn't help, but like i said, a hell of a lot better groups. I have been trying different setups with the stock and it has been helping with the recoil since the first time I shot it. This weekend I am going to test out 168 Berger loads that I use in my M5 to see if this rifle likes them, fingers crossed.

Attachments

• The Fix.jpg
    The Fix.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: runguns
I received my scope back warranty work, set it up and went out two weeks ago to work with the setup and get used to this rifle. I tried FGMM 168 and 175 like Kevin said and it shot a lot better than with the Lapua 175 Scenar-L, the Lapua a lot hotter load than the FGMM. The rifle shot well with both FGMM loads even though I pulled through the trigger a few times and screwed the groups up, also a concrete bench with a piece carpet doesn't help, but like i said, a hell of a lot better groups. I have been trying different setups with the stock and it has been helping with the recoil since the first time I shot it. This weekend I am going to test out 168 Berger loads that I use in my M5 to see if this rifle likes them, fingers crossed.

I can't wait til 16" barrels are back in stock, I would love to have a .308 setup, and extra short & light will be icing on the cake.

Anybody have a 24” proof on their rifle? If so what is the weight? I have the 22” Creedmoor and would like to drop some weight.

Anybody have a 24” proof on their rifle? If so what is the weight? I have the 22” Creedmoor and would like to drop some weight.[/QUOTE

Also will Q take special orders on their Proof barrels? I think a 18” proof in 6.5 Creedmoor would be titties.

I’d LOVE a 16 or 18 inch proof CF in 6.5. Even a 16 CF 308 to lighten it up even further.