• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE JUST F'N SEND IT PODCAST

Just me thinking out loud.

I think, the "scam" was before he ever met Brian. We were the one's that were the true target of the initial scam. The scam was just a fake identity in hopes of creating this "subject matter expert" in a field of which he has no authority or qualifications to be considered a SME. He ran across Brian and when the opportunity presented himself, he thought "this is my shot." I believe if things were to never been questioned of him, Theis would still be a part of Hoplite and amongst us today, playing his role. When the kitchen started to get hot, he panicked, and his crooked ass wife pushed him by saying, "the gig is about to be up, lets cash in while we can and pop smoke." I really feel his main motivation was to be validated as an authority in the firearms realm. He had to use a fake name and fake back story b/c his real name and history would prevent him from being anyone of importance. He had long since burnt that name (his real name) in the community and nobody would give him a second thought. Once the gig was up, "lets get what we can get and move on. Its been fun but its got to end." If it was some scam dedicated to financial gain, he would have somehow taken Brian for a much bigger monetary ride than what he did. Not minimizing what was stolen, but lets face it, it wasn't $750k where he could live like a king in Mexico. Either way, he's a piece of shit and needs to fry for it. Brian has done the right thing on all accounts since the revelation of who Theis was. Everyone has been made whole except for Brian. Ive spent a lot of time thinking about this since i found out what was happening, and even more since the podcast with Dave and Brian. This is what i keep coming back to that best makes things seem plausible. But wtf do i know? Ive been wrong a couple times before. :)
Honestly, from the podcast it sounds like he didn't start out trying to scam but instead used a fake name, probably for the reasons you mention and because he wanted to be 'in' the industry. He got in too deep, beyond his technical abilities and was allowed to spend company cash without any real control. If you partner up with a clown, expect him to behave like a fool and spend your money. Without checks and balances he continued on his merry way, spending money and taking advantage of lax leadership. He was enabled by the way the business was set up and not controlled, and he took advantage but didn't seem to have a big scam end goal in mind, just got in too deep and ran with it - it probably played out much longer than he expected.

At the end of the day, he was given free reign without any real control.....Brian said on the podcast he was scammed...and then Brian emailed a picture of his credit card to a Private Investigator :cool: . If that's how he rolls then that's his choice but you have to hire good people into your business if you give that much discretion.

Hoplite needs to sell this as a scam and make people good otherwise it looks like complete incompetence and their brand and business is toast. Yes they could have bankrupt the company but that would have implications for the owner elsewhere.

Incompetence on so many levels. Anyway, that's how it comes over on the podcast.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in a criminal court.

Honestly, from the podcast it sounds like he didn't start out trying to scam but instead used a fake name, probably for the reasons you mention and because he wanted to be 'in' the industry. He got in too deep, beyond his technical abilities and was allowed to spend company cash without any real control. If you partner up with a clown, expect him to behave like a fool and spend your money. Without checks and balances he continued on his merry way, spending money and taking advantage of lax leadership. He was enabled by the way the business was set up and not controlled, and he took advantage but didn't seem to have a big scam end goal in mind, just got in too deep and ran with it - it probably played out much longer than he expected.

At the end of the day, he was given free reign without any real control.....Brian said on the podcast he was scammed...and then Brian emailed a picture of his credit card to a Private Investigator :cool: . If that's how he rolls then that's his choice but you have to hire good people into your business if you give that much discretion.

Hoplite needs to sell this as a scam and make people good otherwise it looks like complete incompetence and their brand and business is toast. Yes they could have bankrupt the company but that would have implications for the owner elsewhere.

Incompetence on so many levels. Anyway, that's how it comes over on the podcast.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in a criminal court.

Your over simplifying it.

Lax control without a doubt as you posted before and I agreed with then as well...i think everyone will agree on that.

But when someone is falsifying documents and forging signatures there is not much smoke to look for.

Think of the action licensing:

Why would I ask for his licensing documentation if he states it’s his action which he bought from the original developer.
Then he willingly sends those plans under his own company for some parts to be made.
That’s opening himself up for a immediate lawsuit which cannot be defended.
Even if he was trying to go straight he’d be out of business day 1.

No amount of due diligence would even look in that direction, he is stating via contract to me that he owns the IP.
That on its face is deceptive, and illegal.

When you sign a lease for a car do you ask to see the IP and patent information for all parts and processes of the car...of course not.
Contractually you expect that the information of the car lease is legal and the car MFG is in good standing with the law.
Additionally you are protected by contract law.

As for the credit card and investigator, there is oversight that cannot be falsified like my partner had done with financials.
I monitor my statement and have fraud protection.
Immediately after a erroneous charge I can close the card with full refund, eliminating damages.

You seem to have a bone to pick and consistently suggest that I’m pulling the wool over the publics eyes.
Although I have continually said that it starts and ends with me via text and verbal on a podcast.

Definition of scam: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

It’s not being sold as a scam…I was scammed and stolen from.

he lied about his intellectual property
he then skipped the meeting with the actual IP owner, after he flew from Europe on his own dime
he lied about his skillset
he lied about his name
he lied about his wife's name
he lied about his wife's skillset
he lied about his resume
he lied about his military career
he lied about his contacts
he lied about his nationality
he lied about his wife's nationality
he lied about his address
he lied to the building owner
he lied to customers
he falsified documents
he sent over a transfer of shares document trying to escape prosecution
misappropriation of funds
fraudulent use of company funds for personal gain

Yet you seem to want to blame me and let him off the hook, because i didnt face time often enough.

No bone to pick and of course I’m over simplifying it , those not involved probably don’t know the half of it so I’m just saying how it came over on the podcast.

I do think you have to shoulder your share of responsibility, which you have done on here several times now.

I wish you all the best, it seems your intentions were good from the start, him less so.

Looking forward to hearing you guys back on the podcast when you can tell us more about the rifles/timeline.

The payments to the “bookkeeping” company start almost as soon as the company was stood up and bills were enough to hide it.

That’s textbook embezzlement.

Had both not been using fake names and such, it’s possible it could have been framed in a way that looked like a gross mismanagement of funds. But, when you’re using fake names and other such things, the intent is completely different.

Regardless of what the “plan” was, when you syphon money from a company to yourself under the guise of something like this, it’s do not pass go.

I’m just saying how it came over on the podcast.
I didn't get it the same way you got it..

Sounded to me like he was looking to hire a person with skills & connections to run a business for him...

Turns out the entire resume was BS though..

He did what most non micro managing business owners do. He assumed he hired a competent & capable person and left him to do his job...

He seems to own that he didn't do ample verification on the guy and openly says he screwed the pouch on that one

Then after realizing it was all a train wreck it sounds like he doubled down $$ in losses to make sure nobody else got screwed.
So now the bleeding is worse than ever and he could have walked away and left captain 3 stripe as the bad guy.

Not many folks will stand by their name / word especially at a loss.... so personally I took it as highly respectable, and if I'm financially able when they have a rifle I would be tempted to buy in just because of them standing their ground

Last edited:
Well. Found out yesterday that I'm apparently shooting a 1 day match at pigg river this weekend. Me and Jeff are hauling his bad ass new camper up there and going to play in the wind Saturday. My rifle was getting delivered today but didn't have much daylight to zero it so I used the "track my package" feature on the UPS app and hounded down my driver about 6-7 miles away from the house. Lol. Got the rifle home and set it up to zero it. All I can say is, WoW. I thought I loved the protoype but this bitch is on another level. Can't wait to get the new vision goodies and the final cerakote job but she is still a bad bitch. The stacked Vision weights feel super on a barricade. She's a thicc ho too. With empty mag and bipod, it weighs just over 25lbs but balances perfectly.

20220217_212330.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-215953_Messages.jpg

Brian and Dave,

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. He had a lot of people here buying his story.

There were a few times that my bullshit detector went off, but he had such a following that I never risked saying anything. I’ve found as I get older that I have less and less desire to flap my lips online about how smart I am in a subject that I believe I’m an expert in—I certainly don’t see @Frank Green telling folks about how to make the best barrels or @Terry Cross about how good his rifles and parts are. I have certainly been through the ringer on deadbeat freelance engineers and sales reps—you guys really did something admirable by not winding down and telling your customers to pound sand.

If there’s anything we can do to help you guys recover from this debacle in the way of engineering or sourcing, don’t be a stranger.

@BLKWLFK9 I listen to a lot of firearms podcasts, and you have a talent as a host. I get so frustrated listening to other podcasts where the hosts cut off their talent / guests constantly, and you have a real talent at letting people say their bit while keeping it moving. Keep up the good work! —the artist formerly known as @Defy Gear

@BLKWLFK9 - I have an idea for one of your podcasts. How about getting someone from Blackjack bullets on and asking what in the actual fuck is going on? I've seen no update from them at all, as if they haven't been out for over a year at this point. Been able to get pretty much every Sierra of looked for so I don't get it. Something seems off.

I haven't pulled the 25C off my Tika yet, but been thinking about it. Shoots the Blackjacks great, but struggling to get the Bergers shooting well.
Was going to build a 25x47 AR for comps & went 6 ARC instead.
I'm very hesitant to place a back order with them given there's been no update I'm aware of.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Not a bad idea. I'll reach out to Logan. IDK why i had never thought about it, as much as i talk about their bullets.

Reactions: rope
Well. Found out yesterday that I'm apparently shooting a 1 day match at pigg river this weekend. Me and Jeff are hauling his bad ass new camper up there and going to play in the wind Saturday. My rifle was getting delivered today but didn't have much daylight to zero it so I used the "track my package" feature on the UPS app and hounded down my driver about 6-7 miles away from the house. Lol. Got the rifle home and set it up to zero it. All I can say is, WoW. I thought I loved the protoype but this bitch is on another level. Can't wait to get the new vision goodies and the final cerakote job but she is still a bad bitch. The stacked Vision weights feel super on a barricade. She's a thicc ho too. With empty mag and bipod, it weighs just over 25lbs but balances perfectly.

View attachment 7810103View attachment 7810104
Those large grips are nice my chassis came with a OBi which is probably the same size and it’s covered in skateboard grip tape, it’s real nice with the tape.

I want to get a scope chaps cover but I don’t think they make one for a 3-15 XTR-II Burris. Also their website doesn’t work for me anymore...

Great Ep. so far. Im digging the Jack Master engineering approach to shooting. Good stuff Fellas.
Although....
Im at the 1 hour 45 mark. I have heard a Romcom Reference and a tennis Reference. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
I'm cataloging the latest episode to try and educate my tiny peabrain hillbilly ass on weaponized math. Also, just some constructive criticism, I could barely hear Ted, and you were blowing out the speakers in my car. I know you put a lot of your free time into this, so probably no post-editing going on, just mentioning it.

i was on 1 mic, Ted was on another. the mic he used wasn't picking him up very well. i had to turn the volume up on both so that you could hear Ted. Wasn't a whole lot i could do about it. We knew before recording that this was going to be an issue. Sorry.

Reactions: HPIguy
i was on 1 mic, Ted was on another. the mic he used wasn't picking him up very well. i had to turn the volume up on both so that you could hear Ted. Wasn't a whole lot i could do about it. We knew before recording that this was going to be an issue. Sorry.
No worries man, again, it's just constructive criticism. It was a great episode with a lot of knowledge for part-time shooters like me.

I wanna know how you guys did at the match, and if Ted thought the wind was everything David said it was cracked up to be.

I wanna know how you guys did at the match, and if Ted thought the wind was everything David said it was cracked up to be.
Ted did great, I did "much less than great." LOL😆

Ted definitely saw how retarded the wind was, especially on Saturday. Wasn't as bad on Sunday but tiny targets along with 180deg wind switches between shots and super varying wind speeds was the story of Saturday. Everyone struggled on Saturday. Well, except for J. Pynch.

My main man, @jeffbtripp killed it with the .223 and won tac class.

Truck looks great, but you missed out by not getting ramboxes. I'm on my 2nd Ram with ramboxes and I won't own another truck that doesn't have them.

Truck looks great, but you missed out by not getting ramboxes. I'm on my 2nd Ram with ramboxes and I won't own another truck that doesn't have them.
Bro, I know. Smh. I definitely should have gotten them but opted not to. Changed my mind like 2 weeks after placing the order in for the truck and went to the dealership to add them and the dude looked up my order and said it was too late bc they had already pulled all the chips for my truck and it was in D1 status which negates the ability to change the order. Pretty much why I got the truck so quickly compared to most that order one now days.. ended up getting a bakflip hard cover and their bakbox that hangs under the cover. Turned out nice.

Really enjoyed the podcast!Followed a link on hoplite episode and will be back for more. Thanks for the entertainment

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
Met Dan at the MDPRS Beginners match. He is an awesome dude who was doling out knowledge all day helping beginners understand using a tripod for support. Looking forward to listening to this podcast.

He mentioned that match in the podcast last night and said it was a good time.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
He mentioned that match in the podcast last night and said it was a good time.
Its an awesome match for people in the Mid Atlantic who have never shot a match before. Very low pressure, lots of help and coaching and an overall great time.

I'd never used a tripod for rear support and he helped me get set up and steady and I ended up with a 7/8 on the stage. I shanked the last shot because I knew I was close to cleaning it. I still walked away with a big smile and a ton of gratitude. No doubt I'll be buying a Two Vets Tripod at some point to support him.

Never hear 'em called song dogs before, here in the mountains, we've always referred to 'em as piss pups.