• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Moon

Re: The Moon

I use my Leupy 40X Mk4 for moon gazing. Pretty cool, you can see the mountains inside the craters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Swaro spotter we've turned on the moon a few times. Amazing. Right now, you can also see Jupiter and some of its moons, usually 3 or 4. Way cool. </div></div>

And Uranus is near by it, but looks like every other star unless you got something big to view with...

2638_1044441233075_1286962357_30097000_1376260_n.jpg

This works a lot better than a rifle scope. My sister also likes to use it for looking at farms miles away, the red dot on top is really handy for sighting things in.

I have a good friend who has an 8-inch telescope capable of something like 550X magnification. I've seen the moon in ridiculous detail, every other planet, and even some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. Stargazing is pretty fun, but it's another one of those hobbies that can get pretty expensive pretty fast.

I have a Meade Astronomical refractor with a 70mm Objective and a 600MM F/L. One of the attachments is a digital camera. I've been wondering about hooking that up to my laptop and using it as a spotter.

Greg

this is my Moon, planet, star, nebula and Sun observing device.

etx_tripod.jpg

i have also tracked satellites, the most interesting is the geo-stationary satellites, once locked on you will see all the near by stars whizzing past. the Orion nebula is very colorful in a photograph.

the MOON ? yes ! i saw Alice several times over the past 20 or so years of owning celestial telescopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ^^ Huh, didn't know Countersniper made telescopes. </div></div>

there is a mountain sized pile of things you don't know.

were you born an asshole or become one after joining S.H. ?