• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

126 gr of 24N41 gave me 3250 with a Manson reamer in one barrel and a hammer required in the next 2 barrels with A-tips
Heavy bolt lift with all loads above 3150.
Manson sells a 0.291 freebore reamer as well.

Ballpark ?what does it cost to go train 2 days with Mr Chase Stroud?
When I did it was a $1000 per day but it depends on what you want to do. It could be more... could be less. Just reach out. I am going back in April to have him do load development on my 41XC.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
I just have not seen may 41XC at any of the ELR matches in KS,TX or GA. I wonder why? Ive seen 416 Strokers and HellFire a few 37XC and a bunch of 33XCin light gun. Is it a weak bullet selection area in 41 cal or what?
I guess we will see. I'm expecting what David Tubb got, which is 2850fps with Warner FL 505gr. Since I already had the dies for the 33XC, and I didn't want to buy new gear to reload Barrett 416, it made sense, especially since the Barrett 416 brass I saw for sale was outrageous in price. Southern Precision just shipped my action. It was pretty low cost relatively speaking... about $4600 with the Defiant Rebel action, Cadex Dual Strike, and Bartlein Modd BB Barrel. Ordered 1.25" tenon with slight taper and T5 brake... finished at 34-inchess without brake. The Strokers and Hellfire are a big step up in price of admission for what I would consider a decent amount of extra velocity with the same 505gr WF. You know the lust for more accuracy and power is never ending. I'm waiting for someone to make a barrel that takes the A-10 Warthog round. :LOL:
A10 Warthog round.jpg

Reactions: BCX
When I did it was a $1000 per day but it depends on what you want to do. It could be more... could be less. Just reach out. I am going back in April to have him do load development on my 41XC.
Thanks.I talked to Lauren.I will probably go soon.We are at Spearpoint in Kansas to shoot Sat abd Sunday. Are coming here?

Reactions: Taylorbok
The few 33xc rifles I have seen are running 3050 fps or 60 fps faster than the 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and using 18 grains more powder to get there.
Is anyone else seeing this?
Also anything over 3130 fps is stiff bolt lift to hammering the bolt open is anyone seeing this?
The 338 Snipetac pushes a 300 Berger accurately at 3300-3350 depending on barrel length running 139 grains of H50BMG so roughly 40 grains of powder for 300 fps verses 18 grains of powder for 6o fps.
33XC= 120.4 grains H50BMG with Badlands SB 275gr 3190 fps. Zero bump.

Thanks.I talked to Lauren.I will probably go soon.We are at Spearpoint in Kansas to shoot Sat abd Sunday. Are coming here?
Nope. Next trip is to Austin to spend time with my Sister and family for Easter and then Monday with Chase.

33XC= 120.4 grains H50BMG with Badlands SB 275gr 3190 fps. Zero bump

We are shooting 300 gr A-tips . We can shoot 256 flatlines out of a 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and get those velocities

33XC= 120.4 grains H50BMG with Badlands SB 275gr 3190 fps. Zero bump

We are shooting 300 gr A-tips . We can shoot 256 flatlines out of a 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and get those velocities
I could have gone faster. Just wanted longer barrel life and that was the tightest group. Adding 120fps doesn't do much. Using a 1000 ft-lbs as a reference, the added velocity only extends the range about 110 yards to 2260. You do however pick up about 2.6 mils of elevation.

For comparison to the 256 WF, Tubb's data shows the best velocity for 250gr badlands at 3460fps and a 285gr WF at 3200fps. To be honest I'm not familiar with the Ackley, but I do know the 33XC is inherently accurate based on my personal experience and its use in recent ELR competitions. The only down side for me is it doesn't mag load.

The 338 Lapua Ackley doesn't mag load either with the solids shooters are using today even in the 4 inch MDT boxes. We are getting 2955-2980 fps with the 300 A-tips and 28-32 inch barrels and very good accuracy.
Those that have switched over to the 33xc are getting 3040 with good accuracy and pounding the bolt open are non winning accuracy at 3150 and above.
I believe they watched this website and based their decisions on what they read here but just haven't seen the results that others are getting.
Two of them post here regularly and both have ordered second reamers with altered dimensions in hopes of better performance

The 338 Lapua Ackley doesn't mag load either with the solids shooters are using today even in the 4 inch MDT boxes. We are getting 2955-2980 fps with the 300 A-tips and 28-32 inch barrels and very good accuracy.
Those that have switched over to the 33xc are getting 3040 with good accuracy and pounding the bolt open are non winning accuracy at 3150 and above.
I believe they watched this website and based their decisions on what they read here but just haven't seen the results that others are getting.
Two of them post here regularly and both have ordered second reamers with altered dimensions in hopes of better performance
This is my main hold back on a 33XC. From what I've seen if you run them at acceptable pressures the 338 LMI or even a 338 Edge are just very slightly behind.

You’re already there?
Yes we got here Thursday night. We shot over Applied Ballistics for PDM.
I shot my 375 Cheytac, my 33 XC and my 300 PRC today at 2000 yards.It was a nice day..but as usual real windy.Rain blew in at 4pm.

Yes we got here Thursday night. We shot over Applied Ballistics for PDM.
I shot my 375 Cheytac, my 33 XC and my 300 PRC today at 2000 yards.It was a nice day..but as usual real windy.Rain blew in at 4pm.
Thoughts on these 3 at 2k yards?

They all shoot real good at 2k.Ive shot t h e 300 PRC out to 2907 yds previously. This is the 1st match for my 33xc The 375 is shooting g reat.I am going to change from 427 Cutting Edge MTAC to the L azers.They fly better past 2k Bryan Litz told me today.H I wever he said that with my 1-7 twist they shot better than he has previously documented

Reactions: Sigma
They all shoot real good at 2k.Ive shot t h e 300 PRC out to 2907 yds previously. This is the 1st match for my 33xc The 375 is shooting g reat.I am going to change from 427 Cutting Edge MTAC to the L azers.They fly better past 2k Bryan Litz told me today.H I wever he said that with my 1-7 twist they shot better than he has previously documented
what was your bc sd with the 427’s

Maybe 33XC just doesn't like A-tips. In the 250gr range, folks will just have to determine if an additional 250fps is worth it. This was my first bolt gun and I wanted something just a bit better than 338LM. Tubb had a wealth of info for a newbie and I liked the idea of being able to use the same die to load 375 and 416.

Maybe 33XC just doesn't like A-tips. In the 250gr range, folks will just have to determine if an additional 250fps is worth it. This was my first bolt gun and I wanted something just a bit better than 338LM. Tubb had a wealth of info for a newbie and I liked the idea of being able to use the same die to load 375 and 416.
I tried Berger,Nosler RFD,Hornady A Tip 300 grain,A N d 285 ELD Match and CE 277 MTAC.I knew the 277 problem would not shoot past transinic because my 9 twist.I b I see t h em to put rounds down barrel..We will see how it shakes out after the notches this weekend . HEAVY GUN Sat.Light gun Sunday

This is my main hold back on a 33XC. From what I've seen if you run them at acceptable pressures the 338 LMI or even a 338 Edge are just very slightly behind.
If a shooter can get 3150 - 3250 fps with great accuracy and is limited to KO1M rules and distances the choice is a no brainer. The next step up is a 338 based on the cheytac case and 139 grains of powder at 3300-3350 fps with the need for a new action.
The shooters I have seen shoot the cartridge are getting best accuracy at 3040-3050 fps and just decent accuracy above 3150 fps.
I see it listed in the winners circle so they are either running it at the lower node or have it better figured out at the higher node.

They tracked my 22lr bullet a couple years ago for close to 4 seconds. At least that’s what they said as I was shooting

They tracked my 22lr bullet a couple years ago for close to 4 seconds. At least that’s what they said as I was shooting
I'd imagine the actual distance has an effect also. like that 22LR TOF of 4 seconds is likely around 1000 yards. But a center fire being there in like 1 going much faster is likely harder to track... I don't know, just guessing.

I'd imagine the actual distance has an effect also. like that 22LR TOF of 4 seconds is likely around 1000 yards. But a center fire being there in like 1 going much faster is likely harder to track... I don't know, just guessing.
i feel like the radar has to track for longer than 1 second, because i believe the pdm’s that people have account for their transonic transition as well

245 Berger w/ 116 gr @3305
i’m super intrigued with your 30xc.

i’m not super familiar with xc stuff, as I run a 338 cheytac.

but 116 grains sounds a little on the light side?

whats your case fill like with that load?

whats your barrel length?

To my best knowledge, they don’t go much, if any, past 1500yd
that surprises me, i was under the impression the big advantage to obtaining a pdm was getting your individualized curve through the transition period (where more error and gun to gun differences could occur).

that surprises me, i was under the impression the big advantage to obtaining a pdm was getting your individualized curve through the transition period (where more error could occur).
That why I’ve never gotten one with a big gun.

that surprises me, i was under the impression the big advantage to obtaining a pdm was getting your individualized curve through the transition period (where more error could occur).
It's the 1st time I did it.Got a print out and Bryan Litz explained a lot.It was interesting.

i’m super intrigued with your 30xc.

i’m not super familiar with xc stuff, as I run a 338 cheytac.

but 116 grains sounds a little on the light side?

whats your case fill like with that load?

whats your barrel length?

I’m not using a big action just a 787 Impact so I started to see pressure with a powder charge over 119. I settled at 116 as I had a good accuracy node around 3300. I’m about 90% case fill and had an SD of 2.5. My barrel is 32.5 inches. I just ordered some more barrels and my next 30 cal will be a 7tw so I can run the 241 Senecas which have an amazing BC.

• Love
that surprises me, i was under the impression the big advantage to obtaining a pdm was getting your individualized curve through the transition period (where more error and gun to gun differences could occur).
I believe any of that info into and passed trans is extrapolated from what they did track. Which IMO is just a slightly better guess than a BC curve. Inside of trans I’ve never had a bc curve off far enough to care.

I’m not using a big action just a 787 Impact so I started to see pressure with a powder charge over 119. I settled at 116 as I had a good accuracy node around 3300. I’m about 90% case fill and had an SD of 2.5. My barrel is 32.5 inches. I just ordered some more barrels and my next 30 cal will be a 7tw so I can run the 241 Senecas which have an amazing BC.
i would love to try one on my bat model M (currently a 300 rum) but then i couldn’t run my sico 338 harvester can :cry:

current load is 92 retumbo, 225 eldm at 3200, bbl length is 34” tho

i love 30 cal magnums but i hate the powder choices (unobtanium in large lots). 30xc would definitely solve that problem.

Attachments

• E5EBEA3F-5F75-4602-9FE2-480E6A00BD5A.jpeg
    E5EBEA3F-5F75-4602-9FE2-480E6A00BD5A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OK I stand corrected I was watching Hornady podcast about doppler radar, They said in good conditions they could track a large projectile (338+) to about 2500 yards

Got my 41XC barreled action last Wednesday and put it together this weekend. The barrel is heavy!! The Defiant Rebel looks puny compared to the barrel. Hope the CADEX chassis is up to the challenge. I'm really liking the Accu-Tac Bipod.

Tubb 41XC 2.jpg
Tubb 41XC 3.jpg

Got my 41XC barreled action last Wednesday and put it together this weekend. The barrel is heavy!! The Defiant Rebel looks puny compared to the barrel. Hope the CADEX chassis is up to the challenge. I'm really liking the Accu-Tac Bipod.

View attachment 8111547View attachment 8111549
Real nice looking rifle. I like my AccuTac Bipod too.Mine is the 50BMG rated one. How does it shoot so far.If I can ask how much was the chassis?Ilike its looks.