• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The new IOR 1-10x26 is here....

Re: The new IOR 1-10x26 is here....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wouldn't you want the magnification to be 10.04x? </div></div>

4% of 10 is 0.4.

ILya </div></div>

And this is why my math SAT score was 200 points below my verbal score. </div></div>

No worries. Mine was 800 (which basically means that even when I make a math mistake I refuse to admit it :)).

ILya

Re: The new IOR 1-10x26 is here....

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread for a brief moment.

Quick update on the scope: I have been using on and off for some time now and my initial impressions have not changed all that much.

The reticle has grown on me a little: I do not mind the whole Christmas tree arrangement as much as I did, but I really think that the thick bars should be a lot closer to the center than they currently are (I men a both the bars on left and right and the one on the top). I think that would make the reticle notably quicker to use across the range of lighting conditions.

Even as is, with some practice I learned to use it quite quickly. It does offer a lot more for precision shooting than I originally thought, so it is at home on a variety of rifles.

This scope would work very nicely on mid-to-lightweight rifles that are expected to be useful pretty far out in a pinch. I have messed with it on a Recce-style 5.56 and on a midweight 6.5LBC AR-15.

ILya