• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The NIGHTFORCE 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge- Birmingham, AL

Just got back from being out of town for several days. Received a bunch of apps last week. Confirmations will be going out tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Just got back from being out of town for several days. Received a bunch of apps last week. Confirmations will be going out tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you, Sir! Got my email confirmation today and looking forward to it. Will I be seeing you at K&M in a few days?

I wish! Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a broken foot again....I need to start acting my age.

Nah! We're only as old as we let ourselves believe! That's a bummer. We will miss having you there. What did you do this time?

Get him one of the knee scooters w/mud tires and a bell

Trauma1

Looking foward to this . I just hope that dam big pipe standing up dissapears before then. Still having nightmares from shooting off it a couple weeks ago !

Looking foward to this . I just hope that dam big pipe standing up dissapears before then. Still having nightmares from shooting off it a couple weeks ago !

I can assure you that you will never shoot that pipe the way we did at the last local match BUT you will see the pipe again. Possibly from the inside

SO THE MATCH IS NEARLY FULL AND WE WILL START A WAITING LIST WHEN WE REACH FULL CAPACITY.

As a side note, I will be shooting K&M this weekend if anyone wants to give me their apps and check to lock in your spot. I will also have some applications with me.

These showed up last night! Every shooter will get one in their shooter bag

70bz0y.jpg

A quick update; a communication has been sent to all registered shooters with preliminary details regarding round count, hotels etc. We have a few slots remaining, once we are full, a waiting list will be established and cleared pending cancellations. Several people have indicated squad requests with people who are not yet registered. If you know someone who'd like to shoot but has not registered, please let them know to send in their applications soonest. We'll easily be full by the end of June if not well before at the rate apps have been coming in.

Thanks! We're looking forward to seeing everyone for a great match in September!

Last edited:
A quick update; a communication has been sent to all registered shooters with preliminary details regarding round count, hotels etc. We have a few slots remaining, once we are full, a waiting list will be established and cleared pending cancellations. Several people have indicated squad requests with people who are not yet registered. If you know someone who'd like to shoot but has not registered, please let them know to send in their applications soonest. We'll easily be full by the end of June if not well before at the rate apps have been coming in.

Thanks! We're looking forward to seeing everyone for a great match in September!

Dave, do I still need to fill out an app, if I'm ROing?

We are extremely happy to announce our 2014 sponsors. Many have gone over and above this year and we are extremely thankful. As more sponsors continue to roll in we will update it here and our Facebook Page. Please keep them in mind when making your next purchase. If you are interested in becoming a 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge sponsor it isn't too late. Send me a PM and we would be happy to partner with you.

w2kd2e.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I need a logo for my company :) anyone want to design one for me? Smith Solutions LLC is the name. I will hopefully have some great stuff on the prize table for the shooter's!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No worries. I'll add it to the revision. We can use what we used last year.

Thanks Zak

I guess I need a logo for my company :) anyone want to design one for me? Smith Solutions LLC is the name. I will hopefully have some great stuff on the prize table for the shooter's!

With the exception of a spot or two we are full and will start a waiting list. Thank you all for such a great turnout. John, Richard, David and I are extremely excited to put on a challenging yet extremely fun match for everyone. Stay tuned for updates and we look forward to seeing everyone in September

We are extremely happy to welcome the following great sponsors to the NIGHTFORCE 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge! Look For more companies to confirm in the upcoming weeks. This is shaping up to be a do not miss match!

Mustang Munitions
Leupold
Tactical Tailor
CS Tactical
Meridath Industries
JP Enterprises
Magneto Speed LLC

A few quick notes:
Anyone who wants to primitive camp, or pull a pop-up or fifth wheel let me know.
If you want to tent camp, I can put you in the cowboy town. There are several covers there that you can utilize. I have limited room for other campers (probably 3 fifth wheels and 3 pop ups) those spots will be first come first serve. We do have hot showers and bathrooms in the range bathhouse. Yes, the water smells a little like sulphur but you only stink for a second after rinsing off.
The same range rules apply, as last year, no alcohol is allowed on the property. :(
Send me an email if you want to camp
[email protected]

Folks,

The match is a little over a month away and we are very excited about what we have in store for the registered shooters!

We have begun to receive a number of PM's and e-mails inquiring if there is still room in the match. Currently we are full with a very short waiting list established. We do anticipate a few cancellations as the match date gets closer and will fill any open slots from the waiting list. If you'd like to shoot with us but haven't registered, please send in an application along with a check for your match fee. If a spot opens up, you'll be contacted to confirm participation BEFORE your check is processed. We will make every effort to accommodate those on the waiting list and include them in the match.

Thanks, we look forward to seeing everyone next month!

Quick update for everyone:

As you all know, a portion of the match proceeds will be donated to the Army sniper association. We will have other opportunities to take contributions at the match as well. On saturday and sunday we will have cliff bars and waters available via "cart girl" distribution. The cart will go from area to area on both days. If you want something just make any modest donation of your choice to the driver of the golf cart.
Also, on sunday while we wait on scores, before the prize table, Uncle Sams BBQ has donated food for all shooters and RO'S. Again, all thats asked is that you make a modest donation to ASA when you grab a plate. 100% of these donations will go to Army sniper assoc.
Basically just bring some extra cash and donate what you can. This is a great organization that helps wounded snipers and families of fallen snipers.
We will present a check during the prize table portion on sunday to our high mil shooter and a rep from ASA.
Thanks for all the support for this match and the ASA!
Its much appreciated!

Good news (in addition to what John just posted)! As we've begun to finalize the match schedule, stages and associated range use, we have determined that it is possible to accommodate a limited number of additional participants. The waiting list has been cleared and we still have room for 10-12 more shooters.

If you'd like to join us, please send in your application and match fee soonest. I'll update the thread when/if we fill the remaining available slots.

I'm staying on 280/Inverness side of town. More restaurants and stuff to do. More bars. Lol
Tilted kilt is there.

Few hotels in hoover area was booked out for Saturday night.

I'm staying on 280/Inverness side of town. More restaurants and stuff to do. More bars. Lol
Tilted kilt is there.

Few hotels in hoover area was booked out for Saturday night.

Staying at Courtyard Marriott at Exit 19 off I-459 on Colonnade Pkwy....Just past the 280 split. They have rooms Fri/Sat currently.

I think we are right down the street from there. I forget the name... candle something my friend booked it.
I'm staying friday night and saturday night with some friends.

Also I think I'm going down there to zero my rifle and decide which rifle I want to shoot this coming sunday... 24th.

Anyone want to join me?

For those of you looking for restaurant suggestions in the area:
We have pretty much anything you want within 10 minutes of the range.
Anything from subway to multiple Mexican restaurants, bbq joints, schulas steakhouse, jim n' nicks, you name it its there.
If you look up "Patton creek shopping center" you will find a directory showing all restaurants etc....
Also, if you want a good breakfast sandwich right down the street from the range, stop at the shell gas station at the corner of rt 150 and s. Shades crest rd. (you will take a left at this intersection to get to range) they are open for bfast on saturday only. These are good people that are friendly to the range.
If you have any questions about food, bars, lodging dont hesitate to email me at [email protected].
I will get you hooked up....

I took Cuckler up on his offer and he provided a lot of great information on the local scene and more importantly, who makes the best local/micro brew and where to find it. Thanks Cuckler..

I like Milo's burgers. Probably hit that up after match on sunday.

Pre - match dinner meet
Friday night anyone?

I like Milo's burgers. Probably hit that up after match on sunday.

Pre - match dinner meet
Friday night anyone?

Better plan to eat yer Milo burger another time. We're having BBQ for lunch at the range on Sunday whilst the scores are being tabulated!!

Last edited:
I took Cuckler up on his offer and he provided a lot of great information on the local scene and more importantly, who makes the best local/micro brew and where to find it. Thanks Cuckler..

John is one of those undercover eatery reviewers when he's not working or shooting. He also knows were to find a cold one:)

John is one of those undercover eatery reviewers when he's not working or shooting. He also knows were to find a cold one:)

Yes it is true....I've dedicated many hours looking for, and evaluating the best watering holes in birmingham..:)

It's looking like the round count will be
rifle 200
Pistol 125

May want to bring a few extra. We will give the actual round count as we get a little closer. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Detailed match info was e-mailed yesterday (Sunday) to all registered shooters. If you didn't receive, please let me know via PM.

Things are shaping up nicely. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!

Does anyone know where the closest Camp Ground with full hook-ups would be.
We will be bringing a 27' travel trailer and would like something fairly close to the range.

Can't make this year but next year it's going to be on the schedule this appears to be right up my alley.

Does anyone know where the closest Camp Ground with full hook-ups would be.
We will be bringing a 27' travel trailer and would like something fairly close to the range.

This one is close.Hoover, AL - Official Website - RV Park and Rentals

I've never stayed there or seen it but the location is 5 minutes from the range. You can give them a call for more info. Oak Mountain State Park is about 15-20 minutes from the range and has a nice campground.

You're welcome to park it at the range if you'd like. We have a bathhouse with showers and flush toilets but no camper hook ups. Send me or Cuckler a PM if you're interested in doing that.

Oak mountain isn't to far away and if you will have the family with you there would be plenty of things for them to do if they had a way around (bikes etc)

I plan on getting in Friday early enough to check-in and do zero confirmation during the 2-5 timeframe at the range. I will have my chrono with me if anyone needs to get some last minute data and doesn't have one. I will be the guy with a rifle or 2..come on over and introduce yourself;)