• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision The Official: Steiner C35 Thermal Clip-on Review and User Thread!

Any word from the guys at SHOT on when gen 2 will be released? Looks like they are for sale in Europe now

I'd called in to their CS not long ago and was told "first quarter". I'm sure they will be pushing them at SHOT, they're here to make money.

Happy to be the guinea pig.

Reactions: rlsmith1

Not sure what the diff is between 2 & 3, but these look like they could be great values/possible substitute. I'm sure the Steiner will be better resolution, but my son is using a first gen BTS50 to good effect with their 400x300. I bet the street price is closer to 2 than 3.

I used the Steiner and a Krypton 2 50 mm Clipon for the last 2 weeks extensively.
Both are used with a Buris RT6 and Rusan Modular Adapters.
Both are quite nice for identification of wild boar and roe deer.
The latter I’m not allowed to shoot with it though (local regulation).

The Steiner eats up batteries like crazy though. I don’t get more than 2 - 3 hours of use out of one.

Can you say more about your experience with the Steiner C35 gen II?

EDIT.....sorry, I see you have Gen I. I apologize

Reactions: Maddog51
I got offered one of the C35 gen 1, new with full warranty for about 1700usd, worth it compared to newer tech?

Reactions: Charger442
That’s a steal. Take it.

Going price is somewhere north of 2k

Bought it, excited to try this out👍🏻

The unit seems to be delivered with a picatinny mount in the US? The euro version does not, any aftermarket options or is the best bet to get one from Steiner?

the gundock on gunbroker. I was able to get a human on the phone and rolled the dice on the good vs bad review ratio.

No rail mount yet per Steiner; waiting on zee Germans as it were. With that said, I got it and a Burris smartclip out the door TT&L for a hair under MAP so I'll suffer it on my 700's VX-6 till I can rail mount