Night Vision The Official: Steiner C35 Thermal Clip-on Review and User Thread!

cake5150

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Got to check zero on a couple more guns today, an AUG A3M1 and a lightweight M4gery I built around a 16" Faxon gunner "match" barrel that shoots the lights out w/ 77gr OTM. Both had the same zero coordinates despite being completely different platforms. It wound up being identical to my 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun as well at (0,+2). So far, all five weapons I've check w/ the C35 have been zeroed at the +2 mark for elevation. I'm starting to notice a trend that those coordinates will basically work for most platforms. There are a couple more guns that I will be checking it on, but I've now covered everything that I actually use at night. No problems w/ the device yet again today. The defender cap as a focus assist worked like a charm today. Good times, Happy Labor Day!

3rdfocal

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2013
Anyone used a VCOG in front of a C35 or any other thermal clip-on?

3rdfocal

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2013
Lol no I didn’t know what you meant, and I wasn’t being an ass was just trying to help. How am I to know what experience you have with this stuff. Jeez calm down Karen!
Experience with a VCOG?

jwramp

Photo Guy
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
www.jwramp.com
Many thanks to @Default.mp3 for the tip

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 11.23.24 AM.png

Reactions: SierraLima

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Kennewick, WA
So do all of the C35s come with a rail mount? I was thinking they did but I'm not seeing this really documented anywhere in Steiner literature.

TheHebrewHammer

Call for a good time
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on at this point with pricing. I stopped trying to keep up.

Reactions: TheHorta

srt-4_uk

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Nebraska
That's classic Burris/Steiner. Early adopters get the shaft.
Price real high out the gate
no one buys
Dump price
Slowly raise price or discontinue.

See Burris Thermals, XTR3, M8Xi, M7Xi, P4Xi (Remember when the 1-4 was $400 everywhere)

Last edited:

naa3e5

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2020
Is model #9522-B in the link above a clip-on with mount or does the mount come separate. If it is separate, where do you find it? Might be too good of a deal to pass up.
I just bought one and it was brand new in the box, not even marked refurb/blem like other Steiner products I’ve gotten off the e-store. At $2k it’s a steal!!!

roostercogburn98

Crawling America, one mall at a time
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 3, 2010
I just bought one and it was brand new in the box, not even marked refurb/blem like other Steiner products I’ve gotten off the e-store. At $2k it’s a steal!!!
Where did you buy from if you don’t mind me asking

blbennett1288

Rivet
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Apr 24, 2017
    Hoover, Alabama
    Where did you buy from if you don’t mind me asking

Post #314 from @Default.mp3. Mine should show up tomorrow

Just noticed that Steiner has blemmed C35s available for 2k USD directly through them: https://store.steiner-optics.com/products/nighthunter-c35?variant=43199627788532

Reactions: roostercogburn98

roostercogburn98

Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 3, 2010
    Post #314 from @Default.mp3. Mine should show up tomorrow

Just curious. I ordered mine Saturday the 3rd, says delivery this Saturday. Didn’t list as a blem, but I’m assuming it is that or a demo.

srt-4_uk

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Aug 6, 2011
    Nebraska
    Releasing "blems" and "open box" units is a way to run a sale and not water down the brand. Retailers do it as well to not break MAP rules.

The real takeaway here is Steiner can sell these for $2000 and still turn a profit. Says a lot about markup of Chinese thermals.

srt-4_uk

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Aug 6, 2011
    Nebraska
    You don't need 18650B batteries. You just need 18650 flat top batteries. That B is a part number designation specifically for one brand. Any flat top 18650 will do.

Reactions: deersniper

roostercogburn98

Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 3, 2010
    What’s the take on using these? Never ran a clip on, so just asking. Well with the exception of the monoloc I had for a set of 14s long time ago. They had them being used on one of the Steiner videos for mounting. Would be nice to swap it over to a gun or two that doesn’t have a rail.
    A832D04A-DF72-40EE-AB98-D784A4FF4BC7.jpeg

Chopper357

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 8, 2022
    United States
    Hi Everyone - new here, but have been lurking on the hide forever and finally registered so I could join this discussion. I don’t have much experience with thermals, but I know night vision. Most of my experience has been with PVS-14s; my current set up being a pretty awesome WP unit. My experience with thermal is limited to the Leupold Tracker 2 HD. I purchased it for super cheap a while back just to have some fun. I’m now looking for a more serious thermal to mount behind an LPVO. This seems to fit the bill. 2 questions:
    -How big of a problem is it that the C35 isn’t collimated? It seems to be pretty consistent from platform to platform based on the posts I read, and I guess it helps the settings can be easily saved
    -Does anyone know of / have a good deal on one of these? I saw the 2k blem deal and super bummed I missed out on it. Best I have been able to find since is 3250