• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The SIG 716I TREAD .308 may be the best AR-308 / AR-10 type battle rifle for the money.

Mine has been disappointing. Maybe I have a lemon. About 2-3 Moa with most match ammo. 6 MOA with ball.
Lapua, BH, Fed GMM, Hornady, Nosler. I tried a bunch of ammo in it.
Coming soon to a used gun rack in Texas.

I can get a MOA or better out of a decent gas gun, if I try off a bench and have good ammo.

I want battle rifle / go to war quality, scout rifle handy, not picky but accurate. I think it may be a case of choose 2 of 3…

• Wow
Reactions: GLD1980
Mine has been disappointing. Maybe I have a lemon. About 2-3 Moa with most match ammo. 6 MOA with ball.

I can get a MOA or better out of a decent gas gun, if I try off a bench and have good ammo.

I want battle rifle / go to war quality, scout rifle handy, not picky but accurate. I think it may be a case of choose 2 of 3…
@Rem2429

That is not normal and should be brought to SIG's attention. They will fix or replace the rifle. This is not a common problem. Let me know if you need any help. Can you post a picture of how your 716I was setup. Thanks

Fellow SIG716I aficionados,

Guess what I'm doing right now besides still watching this video.....?

I am laughing my ass off thinking of all the people who said pass on SIG junk and get the Aero Precision M5E1. They said it was the way to go and a much better rifle for the money than the 716I. They said that Aero uses Ballistic Advantage barrels and BA guarantees 1MOA.

Frankly I am at a loss for words and I don't know what to say.... I seriously thought they had it all figured out. I don't know anymore lol, I am starting to think that maybe they were wrong.

I understand this is a small representation of Aero's total M5E1 sales but I'm sure SIG has also distributed more AR-308's to date compared to Aero, and there exist no such video of a 716I struggling to make accurate hits or operate.

I'm sure @Ravenworks or some other user will be over soon to remind me to mind my place when speaking of SIG716I's and show respect to real rifles, but I just found this video quite funny, and not in the laughing at Aero way either.

I seriously wonder how my 716I would perform. How do you think it would hold up?

Reactions: Master Gunny

I am laughing my ass off thinking of all the people who said pass on SIG junk and get the Aero Precision M5E1. They said it was the way to go and a much better rifle for the money than the 716I. They said that Aero uses Ballistic Advantage barrels and BA guarantees 1MOA.

Frankly I am at a loss for words and I don't know what to say.... I seriously thought they had it all figured out. I don't know anymore lol, I am starting to think that maybe they were wrong.

I understand this is a small representation of Aero's total M5E1 sales but I'm sure SIG has also distributed more AR-308's to date compared to Aero, and there exist no such video of a 716I struggling to make accurate hits or operate.

I'm sure @Ravenworks or some other user will be over soon to remind me to mind my place when speaking of SIG716I's and show respect to real rifles, but I just found this video quite funny, and not in the laughing at Aero way either.

I seriously wonder how my 716I would perform. How do you think it would hold up?

well it's a small sample set as you said and everyone gets lemons through. Even the guy in the vid said he'd need 10 of these to really test the reliability. Also, there is no way there is more sigs out there vs the Aero, not buying that at all. Don't forget, there are thousands of m5s out there and the reviews are all pretty good and reliability is proven. Don't forget that 308 beats rifles up, even Hendersons had issues with every 308 large frame they've had although they've not any LMT/KAC. Also of note, this guy says m80 shit ammo is 4 moa and makes a comment on that about uncontrollable? Not sure what he's expecting with cheap m80 so already I think he's suspect.

I'd never buy the sig, too many parts that don't jive withe the m5 which is the defacto standard.

I have a aero home build with a KAK barrel and I'm at 3500 or so rounds with it with 3 malfunctions (2 due to one particular mag that I threw out and 1 was a result of me fking around with the adj gas block). Other than that, mine has been accurate and reliable. I tried to build one cheap and to beat up on. I have several mws (Venezuelan as well) and wanted a cheap build to just fk with

@RUTGERS95

I like the Aero M5. I am not questioning it, all platforms have issues. I am also very happy young Lucas Botkin didn't drag Aero through the dirt. My only point is the SIG 716I seems to be doing just fine and is a reliable and great performing rifle, Worldwide, which is contrary to what many thought it would be.

How much did Sig pay for this thread?
Haters gunna hate. 716 FGMM 308 100yds. 716 is probably the best deal for the money. They are being used all over the world Solid weapon
26384FE5-F8D1-40E6-BF7A-57B3EB79C243.jpeg
27FF3466-D8C4-44D0-9982-D6E424CBAD26.jpeg
974A1A66-420E-4D54-A399-55A95C001759.jpeg
A3E657F4-CE7B-4388-A6E0-783BFF843CBE.jpeg
44B9569B-5425-4424-AC8D-844CF9E4C2CF.jpeg
E3A53ABD-6391-442E-B978-C0A40B519755.jpeg

Last edited:

And why haven’t you sent it back to sig for warranty service? They will take care of you. Seems weird that you didn’t address this with Sig 🤔

@RUTGERS95

I like the Aero M5. I am not questioning it, all platforms have issues. I am also very happy young Lucas Botkin didn't drag Aero through the dirt. My only point is the SIG 716I seems to be doing just fine and is a reliable and great performing rifle, Worldwide, which is contrary to what many thought it would be.
He said the video cost about 50k to produce. I think that is high but I do like his videos and how he does them. I think in this one however, and this is the same with many people, the large frame ARs get beat up. I always have a spare bolt and fp in the grip of weapon regardless but I will say that I checked my firing pin on the aero build after watching this and it's fine. His bolt catch should have been loctited anyway as should his handguard nuts. I will say that handguards without some mechanism to prevent rotating, even with losse bolts, is a big no no to me.

@RUTGERS95

Not sure how you glean this as only India is using them and there are no reports from them. Civie adoption is basically nill so can't see your statement here being true. Not hating on Sig, just don't see any data on them really.

He passed away, stay up to date before posting dumb shit.

Reactions: rpoL98 and BCP
@RUTGERS95

All I am trying to express is that in the world of factory built AR-308's and AR-10 type rifles, the 716I is amazing for the price.

What you have described has your Aero isn't really Aero. It is just built with Aero parts, but assembled by you to your specs, with your other souced parts, all while undergoing strict QC! These are personal creations in which some can be masterpieces and some may become abominations. I really cannot compare factory built guns to any of the custom builds so many are capable of building. Sometimes I think personal builders forget to factor in what the cost of their personal time is. Seriously though, what is the price for your craftsmanship, your overhead, tools, etc...? It should be easy enough to quantify your hard works worth! Some privately built guns have the potential to be better than factory built guns, and for good reasons. They definitely get more quality time than some factory assembled guns.

Unfortunately for consumers SIG doesn't sell builders kits, receiver sets, uppers or lowers or make 716I's in a DPMS or SR25 compatible format that make them easily modifiable. In this area admittedly it is quite frustrating with SIG but they definitely have provided a highly reliable and accurate rifle.

Please don't take my word for it though. Web search and see what you find. Here are a few other places I have posted the same discussion. I definitely didn't pay people to say good things I just asked and encouraged them to share their experiences so we could all learn together.
https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/the-sig-716i-tread-thread.412335/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...08-AR-10-type-rifle-for-the-money-/45-521591/

@AngryKoala

I didn't come here to shit on his grave so GTFO with that BS... Next time you want some respect for someone who offered none in return put out a fucking memo!

Spell it out then! WTF are you talking about?

ETA... @AngryKoala
How about if it's not related to the SIG716I we STFU! Fair enough for you? I just want to talk about the gun. I'm sure there's a sub-forum for B.S. but I came here to discuss the SIG 716I. You got something to say about the gun, send it, If not then STFU!

Last edited:
Spell it out then! WTF are you talking about?

ETA... @AngryKoala
How about if it's not related to the SIG716I we STFU! Fair enough for you? I just want to talk about the gun. I'm sure there's a sub-forum for B.S. but I came here to discuss the SIG 716I. You got something to say about the gun, send it, If not then STFU!

How about I will discuss what I damn well please and not have some SIG shill tell me what I can and cannot post. Go eat a bag dicks commie.

Let me guess, you worked for Twitter.

@TheOE800

I am not employed by SIG or on SIG's payroll, but I wish SIG paid me to put up with some of the shit I have gotten myself into over this gun! Thank God it's only internet grief. The 716I is the first AR-308 / AR-10 type rifle I purchased and I love it. After shooting it, and seeing just how capable and well crafted it is, all for under $1500 is still unbelievable. I have no regrets. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have an H&K, LMT, LaRue, Noveske or KAC, but the SIG made me feel like spending that much money wasn't necessary.

Rugers new SFAR looks to be very promising and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Has anyone shot one extensively?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
@AngryKoala ,

I am an American and a Conservative! I do not work for Twitter nor am I a SIG shill and I am definitely not a commie. I would work for Twitter under Musk and I would definitely work for SIG if given the opportunity. Who do you work for? Don't punch back with some shit like Disney or Nike lol...

I was medically retired in 2016 from the United States Army after 12 years of service. I was an Airborne & Ranger Qualified Infantryman in the Regular Army AKA an 11B3V. I buried fellow Soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery for 3 years with The Old Guard and the rest with 2ID @ JBLM. I spent 27months overseas between Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan.... I'm sure you still think I am a commie though, am I right?

There's no need to get frustrated brother because we see differently about guns or whatever. If bags of dicks is your thing trust me I get it.... I have been around the world and seen a lot of kink but get a hold of yourself man and let's talk guns not dicks! This is a technical gun forum and I am not trying to be your boss and tell you what to do I am merely suggesting we stay on topic. You want to talk dicks, be my guest and have a great day, It doesn't bother me one bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
@RUTGERS95

All I am trying to express is that in the world of factory built AR-308's and AR-10 type rifles, the 716I is amazing for the price.

What you have described has your Aero isn't really Aero. It is just built with Aero parts, but assembled by you to your specs, with your other souced parts, all while undergoing strict QC! These are personal creations in which some can be masterpieces and some may become abominations. I really cannot compare factory built guns to any of the custom builds so many are capable of building. Sometimes I think personal builders forget to factor in what the cost of their personal time is. Seriously though, what is the price for your craftsmanship, your overhead, tools, etc...? It should be easy enough to quantify your hard works worth! Some privately built guns have the potential to be better than factory built guns, and for good reasons. They definitely get more quality time than some factory assembled guns.

Unfortunately for consumers SIG doesn't sell builders kits, receiver sets, uppers or lowers or make 716I's in a DPMS or SR25 compatible format that make them easily modifiable. In this area admittedly it is quite frustrating with SIG but they definitely have provided a highly reliable and accurate rifle.

Please don't take my word for it though. Web search and see what you find. Here are a few other places I have posted the same discussion. I definitely didn't pay people to say good things I just asked and encouraged them to share their experiences so we could all learn together.
https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/the-sig-716i-tread-thread.412335/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...08-AR-10-type-rifle-for-the-money-/45-521591/
no, I replaced the barrel and the barrel isn't discounting what I've said here

I get you but as I said earlier on, I would disagree. 1500 for a large frame AR from a company with a shoddy record of civie support, when there are a multitude of other options that are less and reliable doesn't make the Sig a great buy. On top of that, the Sig has prop parts for a platform that needs conformity.

If you gave me one, I'd sell it and turn around and buy an Aero, M&P or build one and then buy glass. That doesn't scream 'great buy/great value'

Gunner10. Most of your posts are just putting down sig. If you dislike them so much why waste your time on this thread. How many posts can a guy make on why sig sucks? Gosh darn man, we get it. You dont like Sigs.
what's your issue with his posting? He makes sense and since sig sucks... SUCKS....with civie support, it bears knowing that the company is so dysfunctional in the product rollouts, discontinuations, lack of parts, etc etc. that people discuss it.

what's your issue with his posting? He makes sense and since sig sucks... SUCKS....with civie support, it bears knowing that the company is so dysfunctional in the product rollouts, discontinuations, lack of parts, etc etc. that people discuss it.
Sig has great customer service. Why are you on his nuts? He has a wife or hubby already.

Well..

That post was almost a year ago and while they were a utter shit show for the decade preceding that post I "think" they are on the right path.

I like the 320 at this point, game charger no, solid pistol you can mod easily.

The gen 3 mcx/spear seems to be fairly dialed in. They Spear is far more refined than the Scar.

At this point my only real criticism is barrel/spare parts support.

Would I place them up there with large Mil contractors such as FN and HK? I dont know... Maybe.

I love knights stuff but available of uppers/rifles/parts these days is essentially non existent.

I shoot mostly LMT but it's not exactly unheard of for them to have a qc issue.

No companies are perfect and should be called out for when the do dumb shit.

Fellas why do we have to fight just to trade views, me and @Master Gunny happen to just enjoy our SIG's. I hope they take care of others but yes, it's true, SIG has amazing customer service. Like I have previously stated when this comes up, I spend a lot of money with SIG, I don't work for them or benifit from them or get discounts from them but I do spend a lot every year with them and because of that I hold them accountable and expect great service. To this day since 2007 when I purchased my first SIG, they have been there.

Honestly I don't get why several of you choose to be assholes and rain on my parade because I love my SIG, think it's an amazing value and want to let the world know. Why do I have to be a shill or full of shit because I like SIG. Fuck I can imagine you guys wouldn't approve of me buying a SIG hoodie or long sleeve from 9-Line lol.

Seriously fellas go ahead and bust my balls! I can take it. Funny thing is so can the 716I and SIG IMO. They are leading the way right now. Many may not like it but it is true. Say what you will but they have also spend millions on trying to ensure the Products and Service are better. If you haven't noticed your missing out.

I didn't even bring this up yet to the 716I clubs at SIGTalk or ARFCOM but I will share it here. I just purchased a Gen 2 MCX TAP 16" Patrol.
MCX-Rifle-Differences.jpg

It came in last week from Proven Arms & Outfitters. Upon initial inspection at my FFL I noticed that the chamber flag being in caused the Charging handle to protrude slightly and actually somehow get bent during shipping. It completely deadlined my gun and MCX CH's are super stout. Yeah it bummed me out and ofcourse I wondered if it would finally be the day SIG disappoints me but not only did they rise to the occasion, let me tell you guys, Proven Arms was the star of the show. I sent out two emails late last Tuesday night detailing my situation. Proven Arms called SIG and wanted a drop ship replacement and SIG informed them to send one of theirs and they were going to be sent a replacement. So Proven Arms next day aired me a new Medium Latch CH, Wow! Great job @ProvenArms! Next up and before Proven had responded to my email SIG took my call that morning. They asked for pics to show a supervisor and I asked once the investigation is complete if I could pay the upgrade fee and order the Large latch CH. They said no problem and they sent out an email that I was able to supply my evidence. I sent them this picture.
20221129_162047.jpg

They next day I received an email for tracking from Proven, keep in mind I did be honest and tell them I informed SIG as well but that I was awaiting response. I received tracking from Proven and they were just adamant to take care of me. SIG later that day emailed me back thanking me for my patience and informed me a new CH was in the mail! They had upgraded me at no cost to the Large Latch CH and it will be here today. Excuse me if I don't share the same sentiments that SIG sucks, but we're grown men and should be above name calling just because I am enthusiastic about a good company taking care of a good customer. I have spent over $13k with SIG this year so maybe that's why they take care of me, I'm part of the $10k+ club lol. I wonder what the $20k & $50k a year members get? Free hookers and beer for life hahaha! Seriously though bust my balls, I can take it. I still love my SIGs and the only laughs worth having here would be the fellas thinking Aero M5 and Smith M&P10 or whatever they call them are better values or better guns than the SIG. I come every time trying to have a serious SIG or gun conversation and many of the users here get emotional whenever SIG is mentioned. Let's get past some of the myths or rumors or aged bad experiences and live in the today guys. Today the 716I is one of the best values for your money regardless what the naysayers here think. Good day fellas.

My old 716 patrol rifle (piston) Gen 1 with ACOG has been a great rifle. I sent the original rifle back to Sig due the loose upper to lower fit. They sent the rifle back in a few weeks with an upper that fit much better. Don't know if the customer service has fallen off but back then they were great, they even sent me the shipping label and paid postage both ways. Not sure why they dropped the piston guns?

@NavyshooterM40
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I love my 716G2 Patrol. The @Master Gunny pics above are actually groups he has shot with his 716G2 Patrol. A few SIGTalk buddies talked me into one last year and I already had the 716I so I jumped right in. Glad I did. They are both outstanding guns. I am definitely the weak point in the equation when it comes to results. If you ever have time, post a few pics so we can see the direction you went. I have been confused with mine. It started like this at my local shop used but new and unloved...
download (4).jpeg

I am a poor so I started off slow with a few red dot options....
8uehe828.jpg

Then I went with a 1-4 LPVO.
716g2 pat (1).jpg

And it shoots well with the LPVO.

But admittedly @Master Gunny and my buddy @Taco Joe inspired me to want more and be better. So I am saving up but here is the current setup. A PA SLx 4-14x44 ACSS HUD DMR .308 with an Arisaka Offset Holosun HE508T.
9 SIG716G2 Patrol FDE.jpg

So while I go through an Identity crisis lol I will save for a premium optic to take her out further but I need to shoot this setup and see how they mesh.

Personally I love SIG and for me SIG is Outstanding!

Don't get me wrong fellas I know SIG has fucked up royally before. I get it really I do! I was an original Gen1 556 owner, I do know. I avoided the 556XI and the Gen1 MCX, P320, P365, Cross and M400 all because of the ass pain of getting dumped like the side chick or being beta testers! I then realized SIG had to evolve and it is a work in progress! I returned in 2015 and bought a 556RG2 used and I fucking love it. Some idiot cerekoted the gun with the rubber dust covers intact and SIG No Questions Asked removed and replaced. Even though I also have 2 spare parts kits when I broke the G1 firing pin it had SIG quickly asked for the upper, I inspected and sent me a new firing pin, quickly and I am the 2nd owner.
5 SIG 556R Gen2.jpg

So in Jan21 I said fuck it and went back. The 716I is one of the most extensively tested G1 SIGs to ever drop so I wasn't worried about being a Beta Cuck.
10 SIG 716I Tread.jpg

That experience went so well I wanted the fully Ambi M400 SDI Pistol, so I got one. For all you SIG Haters look at my Aimpoint wannabe SIG Romeo4T lol...
4 SIG M400 SDI SWITCHBLADE PISTOL .jpg

That went so well I ordered got the 716G2 and a P365XL. While on a SIG high and suffering from the SIGNess, I ordered a 516G2Patrol on the advisement of some buds and I am glad I did!
6 SIG516G2 Patrol.jpg

While waiting for Proven to ship my wife won a jackpot at our Casino so I said fuck it and bought a MCX Rattler Canebrake.... My first MCX.
2 SIG MCX RC.jpg

Growing more into my addiction a fellow addict and good friend gifted me a M18 Caliber X-Change kit in Black so I said fuck it and bought a P320 M18 FCU. Glad I did! Not getting rid of my S&W M&P pistols just yet but I dig it.
20221102_101350.jpg

Finally just last week I got my personal SIG grail gun a Gen2 MCX TAP Patrol. I pick her up next Tuesday and I can't wait.
20221129_162708.jpg

Now I wish I worked for SIG because maybe I would have saved a few thousand bucks, but no, I am just a consumer who appreciates their products. I do have plans for a few more in the future too.

Well..

That post was almost a year ago and while they were a utter shit show for the decade preceding that post I "think" they are on the right path.

I like the 320 at this point, game charger no, solid pistol you can mod easily.

The gen 3 mcx/spear seems to be fairly dialed in. They Spear is far more refined than the Scar.

At this point my only real criticism is barrel/spare parts support.

Would I place them up there with large Mil contractors such as FN and HK? I dont know... Maybe.

I love knights stuff but available of uppers/rifles/parts these days is essentially non existent.

I shoot mostly LMT but it's not exactly unheard of for them to have a qc issue.

No companies are perfect and should be called out for when the do dumb shit.
solid post and agree on all counts

Reactions: BCP and GLD1980
Don't get me wrong fellas I know SIG has fucked up royally before. I get it really I do! I was an original Gen1 556 owner, I do know. I avoided the 556XI and the Gen1 MCX, P320, P365, Cross and M400 all because of the ass pain of getting dumped like the side chick or being beta testers! I then realized SIG had to evolve and it is a work in progress! I returned in 2015 and bought a 556RG2 used and I fucking love it. Some idiot cerekoted the gun with the rubber dust covers intact and SIG No Questions Asked removed and replaced. Even though I also have 2 spare parts kits when I broke the G1 firing pin it had SIG quickly asked for the upper, I inspected and sent me a new firing pin, quickly and I am the 2nd owner.
View attachment 8014649
So in Jan21 I said fuck it and went back. The 716I is one of the most extensively tested G1 SIGs to ever drop so I wasn't worried about being a Beta Cuck.
View attachment 8014650
That experience went so well I wanted the fully Ambi M400 SDI Pistol, so I got one. For all you SIG Haters look at my Aimpoint wannabe SIG Romeo4T lol...
View attachment 8014651
That went so well I ordered got the 716G2 and a P365XL. While on a SIG high and suffering from the SIGNess, I ordered a 516G2Patrol on the advisement of some buds and I am glad I did!
View attachment 8014654
While waiting for Proven to ship my wife won a jackpot at our Casino so I said fuck it and bought a MCX Rattler Canebrake.... My first MCX.
View attachment 8014655
Growing more into my addiction a fellow addict and good friend gifted me a M18 Caliber X-Change kit in Black so I said fuck it and bought a P320 M18 FCU. Glad I did! Not getting rid of my S&W M&P pistols just yet but I dig it.
View attachment 8014658
Finally just last week I got my personal SIG grail gun a Gen2 MCX TAP Patrol. I pick her up next Tuesday and I can't wait.
View attachment 8014660
Now I wish I worked for SIG because maybe I would have saved a few thousand bucks, but no, I am just a consumer who appreciates their products. I do have plans for a few more in the future too.
nice gun porn!!!!!!!

for my 320 I went with the nightstick on my 320 x for the light. I do have the surefire xd on my cajunized cz and although long, balances nicely

'preciate the vid. It was well done, and now I'm subscribed to TREX's channel. I think running without lube is a torture test and would never run mine that way, but as long as he treats any future tests the same way, then we have something comparable. 1911s and ARs are meant to be run wet. No one cares if a production vehicle's motor locks solid within 1k miles when run dry of oil. Likewise, if the Aero would run 10k+ rounds well-lubed, I don't really care what it runs dry.

I also appreciate the fact that I can upgrade the BCG because it's not a proprietary part. If Sig's BCG fails similarly, what can you do, other than replace it with the same defective part?

If the Sig fails when run through the same torture test, will you commit now to laughing your ass off at yourself for your past fan boiness towards it?

you may be the only person to ever say sig has great customer service

also, this isn't the pit, act appropriately
Don’t try to act holier then thou.. you have been stinking up this thread for a while.. and no, many think Sigs customer service is solid. You are just another troller on here trying to.disguise yourself and solid. You aren’t. Seen through your BS early. Do you even own a Sig? No..

'preciate the vid. It was well done, and now I'm subscribed to TREX's channel. I think running without lube is a torture test and would never run mine that way, but as long as he treats any future tests the same way, then we have something comparable. 1911s and ARs are meant to be run wet. No one cares if a production vehicle's motor locks solid within 1k miles when run dry of oil. Likewise, if the Aero would run 10k+ rounds well-lubed, I don't really care what it runs dry.

I also appreciate the fact that I can upgrade the BCG because it's not a proprietary part. If Sig's BCG fails similarly, what can you do, other than replace it with the same defective part?

If the Sig fails when run through the same torture test, will you commit now to laughing your ass off at yourself for your past fan boiness towards it?
I'm actually impressed that the Aero ran so many rounds without lube. It would also still be covered under Aero's warranty. The same test would void Sig's warranty, same as using handloads/reloads or custom ammo.

151202B5-D165-4223-BEA0-362FE6E7EF13.jpeg

This is a 716I I put togther for my friend on a budget. 1 MOA all day with FGMM 168’s 308. Another fluke of a 716. One of the best 308 AR10’s at this price point.

View attachment 8014649
View attachment 8014650
View attachment 8014651
View attachment 8014654
View attachment 8014655
View attachment 8014658
View attachment 8014660
Beautiful collection. Top notch

@Praetorian_6

You can laugh at me all you'd like for standing by my SIG's throughout the good times and the bad. They are great guns. For those of you wanting replacement parts, buy a second gun or be ok with free lifetime warranty repairs. SIG will eventually catch up with parts support. It's not like they're busy. I am sure they have all the time in the world and they're just being fucking lazy twiddling their thumbs right.

So will the SIG outperform or underperform the Aero? I honestly don't know but I believe the SIG has design and finish enhancements that would of aided in it going further under the conditions.... And if it failed, why should I feel humility? I'll not shy away from the laughter. I wasn't on the offensive talking smack like some offended because I spoke highly of SIG... Sorry if some of you don't like the way this tastes but no matter what bibble babble exits your brains it won't change the fact that the SIG is a phenomenal value. I kinda feel your missing my point, but no worries, I am not the one talking shit about Aero or any of the other manufacturers. I simply said the SIG was the best AR-10/AR-308 Battle Rifle for the money and since then I have been fielding grounders and bad hops on the defense and I am good with that, the SIG is a solid product to back. Yet every few comments, I am a shill, a fanboi, or a SIG employee. It's actually funny how several of the SIG Haters band together forming little cult clicks, backing each other up.

At the end of the day our bickering won't change the fact that the SIG is a great gun! I just wanted to put out helpful info for the group. I didn't realize it would turn into a, "Why I hate SIG thread", or "I am a grown up, your a commie, don't tell me what to do thread", but it has.

You wanna discuss facts, go to the Aero M5 or any other fuckin big gun maker/model thread and they are littered with real complaints or gun issues. Besides the constant whining here that is baseless in regards to the 716I, and every now and again on the other threads at other forums, if you actually read through the pages or online videos or the Indian Defense Forum threads, you'd see there are no issues with this platform and it has done extremely well since inception. Instead you and the rest of the boy band want me to bend the knee because the SIG isn't fucked up.... GTFO lol!

I could do this all day but I am honestly ready to get back to guns? If the SIG fails you can laugh and say I told you so but it hasn't so right now yes, I am dying at all of the crying!

@Praetorian_6

You can laugh at me all you'd like for standing by my SIG's throughout the good times and the bad. They are great guns. For those of you wanting replacement parts, buy a second gun or be ok with free lifetime warranty repairs. SIG will eventually catch up with parts support. It's not like they're busy. I am sure they have all the time in the world and they're just being fucking lazy twiddling their thumbs right.

So will the SIG outperform or underperform the Aero? I honestly don't know but I believe the SIG has design and finish enhancements that would of aided in it going further under the conditions.... And if it failed, why should I feel humility? I'll not shy away from the laughter. I wasn't on the offensive talking smack like some offended because I spoke highly of SIG... Sorry if some of you don't like the way this tastes but no matter what bibble babble exits your brains it won't change the fact that the SIG is a phenomenal value. I kinda feel your missing my point, but no worries, I am not the one talking shit about Aero or any of the other manufacturers. I simply said the SIG was the best AR-10/AR-308 Battle Rifle for the money and since then I have been fielding grounders and bad hops on the defense and I am good with that, the SIG is a solid product to back. Yet every few comments, I am a shill, a fanboi, or a SIG employee. It's actually funny how several of the SIG Haters band together forming little cult clicks, backing each other up.

At the end of the day our bickering won't change the fact that the SIG is a great gun! I just wanted to put out helpful info for the group. I didn't realize it would turn into a, "Why I hate SIG thread", or "I am a grown up, your a commie, don't tell me what to do thread", but it has.

You wanna discuss facts, go to the Aero M5 or any other fuckin big gun maker/model thread and they are littered with real complaints or gun issues. Besides the constant whining here that is baseless in regards to the 716I, and every now and again on the other threads at other forums, if you actually read through the pages or online videos or the Indian Defense Forum threads, you'd see there are no issues with this platform and it has done extremely well since inception. Instead you and the rest of the boy band want me to bend the knee because the SIG isn't fucked up.... GTFO lol!

I could do this all day but I am honestly ready to get back to guns? If the SIG fails you can laugh and say I told you so but it hasn't so right now yes, I am dying at all of the crying!

The whole T-Rex Battle rifle video was a little weird. I think the negligence of maintenance/lubrication sorta of under-minded the whole premise. I am not sure how he expected neglecting maintenance on something T-Rex arms considers an entry 308 AR should play out. I would go out on limb and say most of failures were essentially self induced. Failures using junk mags, failures as a result of no lube/maintenance. Failures as a result of putting a full size can on an over gassed barrel before making adjustments like a heavier buffer, or gas tube with a smaller port. Why did he choose some el cheepo brand mags when magpuls run great for 20 bucks. He even acknowledged that he had issues with those in the past, why were they not shit canned?

I think if you remove the cheep mags, lack of maintenance/lube, and and swap out the gas tube before shooting suppressed, I think 99 percent of these issues go away. Incidentally, i do not, believe a Sig, let alone a LMT or KAC would of done any better given the perimeters.

At this point, I am neutral, to optimistic about where Sig is today and I can give them credit where its due. I like the 320, I like the Spear, I think there 338 MG is very impressive.

I think what you may be seeing is the result of sig having to did themselves out of the two decade long shit show they produced and quite frankly it doesn't help the case when you see new lawsuits/reports of 320's self discharging.

simply google 320 discharge vs glock discharge.

This is a massive issue for Sig to overcome, but this is also no different than LMT having to address their QC issues or KAC having to address their availability issues.

@Praetorian_6

You took that in a lot of directions that I didn't even remotely imply. You seem to be lashing out at me for grief you've taken from others. I empathize that the hide is filled with the immaturity that enjoys piling on, though I'm not sure you're different. However, if you aren't a fanboi, then I don't think the word has meaning. You have gone to multiple forums to sing your praises, overlook and play down the problems, though you admitted your inexperience with anything else and were/are on your first AR-10. You take delight in the perceived failure, even though though this torture test really isn't failure, of opposing platforms. You said some version of SIG is good in that post alone 3 times. Why are you doing that in every post? Sure seems like irrational insecurity from the outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryKoala
It was posted by another user.

Myself and a few others thought you were referring to Lucas that did the video.
I will take half the blame on this one since I see were it could have went either way. Lack of context in these conversations can suck at times.

Carry on.

Myself and a few others thought you were referring to Lucas that did the video.
I will take half the blame on this one since I see were it could have went either way. Lack of context in these conversations can suck at times.

Carry on.

No worries, my fault for not clarifying.

You took that in a lot of directions that I didn't even remotely imply. You seem to be lashing out at me for grief you've taken from others. I empathize that the hide is filled with the immaturity that enjoys piling on, though I'm not sure you're different. However, if you aren't a fanboi, then I don't think the word has meaning. You have gone to multiple forums to sing your praises, overlook and play down the problems, though you admitted your inexperience with anything else and were/are on your first AR-10. You take delight in the perceived failure, even though though this torture test really isn't failure, of opposing platforms. You said some version of SIG is good in that post alone 3 times. Why are you doing that in every post? Sure seems like irrational insecurity from the outside.
You are reaching…. Irrational and insecurity?? You don’t even believe the BS you are spewing.

since we're on it

discussion of NOT renewing the order out of India

this one is in Hindi but the comments are in English and point to gas system, broken extractors, bad ammo, and chamber issues with guns jamming often

just food for thought

There are vids on KACs, DD (although you coudldn't give me anything DD), Colt, Geiselle, and even LMT. Ironically, nothing out there bad mouthing Centurion Arms :)

@AngryKoala
In all seriousness I didn't know he passed. I apologize for any offense that has been caused regarding @Ravenworks. He busted my balls up pretty good and it was a sort of a huge misunderstanding between me and him on my part that just snowballed. Regardless of how he responded to me, I would never disrespect the deceased so I apologize if it was ever taken that way. I sincerely hope @Ravenworks is resting in peace. My condolences to his family & friends for your loss.

@AngryKoala
I didn't post any dumb shit and it's unfortunate you interpreted it as such, and there was no way for me to know he had passed. A polite pm or post would have been sufficient but you chose to be rude. I may be a degenerate in your eyes but my Mother still raised me to have class.