• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is how Navy fuck ups really happen

OK, so you made up your claim. Got it.

The Navy today is fubar in many ways but I'm pretty sure grounding/crashing/sinking your own ship is still a career ender.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Got a list to back up your comment?

And not one or two high profile cases...a list of every officer that fucked up and their career outcome.

Hey its not every day someone is trying to claim they were in the Navy.

Fill your chest and feel that you are envied.
How exactly is me saying my father was in the Navy claiming I was in the Navy? It’s not like it wasn’t clear.

So, what's an acceptable level of off course for a sub?
The video just said this was really bad.
Why do you think the guy in the video, a retired submarine sonar technician, wasn't more specific?

Also, isn't it fairly easy to sync when when going across known quick shifts in depth?
WTF does this even mean?

308, why is it always the West Coast? Seems to me there is an underlying problem in leadership. I know that it's not the same Navy as it used to be on several fronts, but it seems that they are playing CYA instead of addressing training and crew cert issues.

IDK, I think the article I linked in another post has clues to it. 7th fleet is the most fwd deployed and its AOR is the hottest one now for several years if not the last two decades.

I'm sure the other numbered fleets aren't much better but maybe their lower optempo gives them less opportunity to show it.

Space shuttle was able to map the entire land surface of the earth include shallow water down to a couple inches.
images

With digital maps and AI doing matching, I'd be surprised if a sub couldn't know it's position to under a foot routinely.

And yes, I don't expect people to divulge classified info, but saying we believe Chinese can do this, or subs of past eras were capable of this... Would be ok.