• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on the Aero Precision SOLUS ?

Anyone here know if the Bravo chassis being sold with the Solus is custom made/modified to fit the trigger hangar on the Solus, or will any Rem 700 Bravo chassis work with the Solus without issue?

I know the Bravo will not work with other actions like the CDG because of its trigger hanger.

Anyone here know if the Bravo chassis being sold with the Solus is custom made/modified to fit the trigger hangar on the Solus, or will any Rem 700 Bravo chassis work with the Solus without issue?

I found this on Reddit that says it'll work without modifications:

Reactions: Zetlock

I know the Bravo will not work with other actions like the CDG because of its trigger hanger.
I’ve got a solus and a bravo in the shop. Want I should go see if it fits?

It won’t fit mine. The one little piece circled is in the way of the back of the hanger, and leaves the rear of the action too tall for the action screw to engage threads. Take about 30 seconds with a file to move enough for that plastic piece to make it work. I bet if you look at the rifle from aero, they have done this
4A626196-DD61-4E7B-B135-C85FE249FF04.jpeg
2981109E-B54F-4DFA-9CF1-E26518E680E1.jpeg
33A15737-007E-435D-85B7-AD1F8F5E7D30.jpeg

It won’t fit mine. The one little piece circled is in the way of the back of the hanger, and leaves the rear of the action too tall for the action screw to engage threads. Take about 30 seconds with a file to move enough for that plastic piece to make it work. I bet if you look at the rifle from aero, they have done this View attachment 8330039View attachment 8330040View attachment 8330041
Interesting...After my post today I contacted Aero to ask them the same question and they told me the Bravo's they are selling with the Solus are not modified or custom made in any way to accommodate the trigger hangar on the Solus. Did you purchase that Bravo with the Solus or separately?

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
It won’t fit mine. The one little piece circled is in the way of the back of the hanger, and leaves the rear of the action too tall for the action screw to engage threads. Take about 30 seconds with a file to move enough for that plastic piece to make it work. I bet if you look at the rifle from aero, they have done this View attachment 8330039View attachment 8330040View attachment 8330041
Your trigger seems to have a larger hump in the back compared to a TriggerTech, or a factory 700 trigger... Maybe that's what's hitting. Especially since the Solus rifles come with a TT from the factory... That could explain why yours won't fit where you marked it on the picture, and their's don't have any problems fitting...

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Interesting...After my post today I contacted Aero to ask them the same question and they told me the Bravo's they are selling with the Solus are not modified or custom made in any way to accommodate the trigger hangar on the Solus. Did you purchase that Bravo with the Solus or separately?
Bought separately

Your trigger seems to have a larger hump in the back compared to a TriggerTech, or a factory 700 trigger... Maybe that's what's hitting. Especially since the Solus rifles come with a TT from the factory... That could explain why yours won't fit where you marked it on the picture, and their's don't have any problems fitting...
Very possible. I don’t have a TT for rem700 on hand at the moment to check. I have a timney calvin elite in th box of parts, will see if the back looks any different than that timney elite hunter

Reactions: FuhQ
Went ahead and snagged a SOLUS action and separately purchased a KRG Bravo (Regular Rem 700 Inlet). With a TriggerTech Special it fits fine, no issues.

Also looks like the regular mag latch in the Bravo will work with AW mags and the SOLUS. With one of the lugs at the 6 O'clock position it can actually catch the AW mag follower when empty. A situation similar to what I've read about the CDG action.

Impressed with the action so far.

I grabbed a Solus action since I already have an Origin and love being able to use the same prefits. Stupid question is does anyone know if I can use Origin action wrench and etc. or does it all have to be Solus specific?

With the Solus being a 3 lug vs. the Origin 2 lug, I'm going to guess that you need a separate wrench-but I'm only speculating.

What is the latest on using Origin prefits with the Solus, i heard early there were headspace issues?

Aero came out and publicly addressed it and stated they made QC changes to not repeat this mistake. Supposedly the issue only occurred on bare actions. Barreled actions and complete rifles did not have the issue as headspace was checked on all of those.

Reactions: Hondo1
I took my factory solus chassis rifle out today and it is a shooter with hornady match 6mm ammunition. The action is nice, the chassis is nice, the magazines don’t bind the bolt even if you put the weight of the rifle on it. The Solus is my preferred traditional action now especially at the $600 they go on sale for. If a 60 degree floats your boat, they are hard to beat. I still prefer my Desert Tech rifles as my go to bolt guns though.

The nearest competitor with a short throw action is a coupe de grace at $900 and the next is $1500 curtis and terminus actions. All are good choices as well. I have had or had them all except for the terminus. I do like how the bolt basically closes itself on the curtis actions. Push the bolt forward and it snaps shut on it’s own. This is the only thing I like better about any of all three mentioned compared to the solus.

I took my factory solus chassis rifle out today and it is a shooter with hornady match 6mm ammunition. The action is nice, the chassis is nice, the magazines don’t bind the bolt even if you put the weight of the rifle on it. The Solus is my preferred traditional action now especially at the $600 they go on sale for. If a 60 degree floats your boat, they are hard to beat. I still prefer my Desert Tech rifles as my go to bolt guns though.

The nearest competitor with a short throw action is a coupe de grace at $900 and the next is $1500 curtis and terminus actions. All are good choices as well. I have had or had them all except for the terminus. I do like how the bolt basically closes itself on the curtis actions. Push the bolt forward and it snaps shut on it’s own. This is the only thing I like better about any of all three mentioned compared to the solus.
Thanks. I have a Zeus and a barrel on the way. I picked up a Solus chassis from the px. Hopefully I can score the folder when it comes out this spring.

Mine fits with no mods…I’m running a trigger tech trigger.

Used my brownells $125 coupon and picked up a Solus barreled action in 6 creed. Tossed it in a Woox Chassis and the damn thing shoots sub half moa with 108gr hornady factory match ammo.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-26 16_22_36.355802.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-26 16_22_36.355802.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20240123_143543.jpg
    20240123_143543.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 135
Ultimate Reloader used a BA blank on his 22 Arc build, he achieved .242 and .373 groupings out of the box depending on the bullet weight. Not bad for a barrel that so many people shit on.

I know BAs AR barrels can be hit or miss and for the price I don't expect anything more than about moa give or take. It appears more attention and QC goes into the Solus lapped barrels.

They certainly look a lot cleaner through a bore scope than most other factory barrels. Tikkas look good to. I know it's not a direct correlation to how they'll shoot but it shows extra attention was given in the process.

I have the 308 competition with the M24 contour barrel. Finally made it to the range to start break in. It shot some 155 eld reloads pretty well for a random load. I was getting 2700fps after about 40 rounds out of the 20” barrel. Can’t wait to start load development!

Reactions: FuhQ
Anyone else have this problem with Aero Solus barrel nut?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTkH3RMyIQ&t=145s
I did with my 6CM barrel I got from Hawk Hill but it wasn’t hitting the shank it was due to the added thickness of the cerecote on the barrel. I wasn’t able to thread the nut on all the way without it wanting to scrape all the coating off. It was an easy fix though. A dremmel with a sanding drum and just sanded the stepped portion down enough to clear.

Question for you guys. I picked up a new solus action today. I was assuming since they take origin/savage prefits, that Savage factory barrels would fit also. That doesn't appear to be the case for me. I tried 4 different factory Savage barrels. All would screw into the solus about 1.5 turns and STOP! I also tried 2 different criterion barrels and 1 pac nor. The aftermarket barrels spun on fully with very little or no resistance. I cleaned the threads with a wire brush and lightly oiled. No help. And all this was just hand tightening I didn't want to force anything. Your thoughts please?

It sounds like you're trying to thread a Savage Large-shank but the Solus requires a small-shank barrel.

Reactions: FredHammer
It sounds like you're trying to thread a Savage Large-shank but the Solus requires a small-shank barrel.
Thank you for the reply, but they're all small shank savage barrels. The solus barrel nut spins right on all my barrels. I've had the barrel of choice in the freezer. Hoping it will shrink a little. My only thoughts so far is whatever savage uses for thread locker/red. That may still be on the threads. Even after cleaning. I'll soak it it paint thinner and wire brush it again. DCL

The Solus is trying to tell you to stop trying to put shitty factory Salvage barrels on it. It obviously has refined taste, and only likes the aftermarket ones you were trying. 😂👍🏼

Personally, I prefer shouldered prefits and can't stand barrel nuts, but that's just me. You could always start using Bighorn/Origin prefits.

Thank you for the reply, but they're all small shank savage barrels. The solus barrel nut spins right on all my barrels. I've had the barrel of choice in the freezer. Hoping it will shrink a little. My only thoughts so far is whatever savage uses for thread locker/red. That may still be on the threads. Even after cleaning. I'll soak it it paint thinner and wire brush it again. DCL
I now recall using the SOLUS supplied barrel nut to condition the threads on a Savage factory take off. It was a tight go and required I use a nut wrench to make it happen. ETA: Now I think I just had the issue with the barrel nut Crown Ridge Barrel works video illustrated.

Last edited:
Anyone hear an eta on the .223 actions?
I think once Airo Precsion releases their Solus Long action, you will start to see them come out with different bolt head diameters, like (.384).223/(.445)6mm ARC/(.585)338 Lapua.

Reactions: FuhQ and Smith1
Anyone with a solus care to measure from bottom of trigger pin to bottom of cocking piece, or does anyone know which b&a top sear height is needed?