• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision 2014 Schedule

py7ebapa.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Position 4 from the Intimidator.

Last edited:
It's going to be a great weekend at TVP. Who is coming out for the Intimidator Saturday? Don't forget open range day Sunday.

Don't forget,

Open range day Saturday, high of 70 degrees and sunny!

Head Hunter Sunday, high of 80 degrees and sunny!

It was a great 80 degree day at TVP but the winds were a little tough on us today. We saw a steady 10 mph wind all day with gusts anywhere from 20 to 30 MPH and the scores reflected it! Here are a few pictures from the match today.

photo%203-L.jpg

photo%202-2-L.jpg

photo%201-1-L.jpg

photo%204-L.jpg

Don't forget there will be a short course/combo match this Saturday at TVP. The weather is going to be sunny and 63.
Who is going to come out to shoot?

What is the /combo part of the match going to entail?

Saturday was supposed to be just the short course but there has been talk that we might make it a combination of the Intimidator and the short course. This means we would shoot all the short course stages and all of the Intimidator stages. We will decide as a group in the morning and see what everyone wants to do.

Sometimes we will shoot the short course twice if time allows.

Hope this helps.

Saturday was supposed to be just the short course but there has been talk that we might make it a combination of the Intimidator and the short course. This means we would shoot all the short course stages and all of the Intimidator stages. We will decide as a group in the morning and see what everyone wants to do.

Sometimes we will shoot the short course twice if time allows.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that helps. Never shot the short course. Will 100 rds cover both?

Well if you use the max of three shots on every target (which I hope you don't have to) that 16 targets for the Intimidator and 12 for the Short Course, so worst day shooting ever at TVP you would need 84 rounds maximum for the combo!

Yeah, that helps. Never shot the short course. Will 100 rds cover both?

Your 284 is about 3 times too much gun for the short course, it's really intended for AR15s.

Still fun to shoot sitting and/or slung and/or off a tripod though...something to increase the challenge of 12"x12" plates @ 100-500ish yards.

If we shoot the combo, do we engage both short course and intimidator targets together, or in sequence? I was thinking of having an AR for the former and a bolt gun for the latter, alternating if possible

Sure. That will work. You can definitely use both guns and switch between the stages.

Your 284 is about 3 times too much gun for the short course, it's really intended for AR15s.

Still fun to shoot sitting and/or slung and/or off a tripod though...something to increase the challenge of 12"x12" plates @ 100-500ish yards.

That, sir, is an excellent idea. My .308 currently has no bipod on it and I need some tripod practice. Maybe I'll just shoot all the short course stages from the tripod in a variety of positions.

Just so you all know, some of the short course targets have been changed to smaller targets then 12x12. Add a little wind to the equation and we have seen some really good shooters walk off the line shaking their heads at the seemingly "easy" short course.

So don't start assuming its easy till you see 120 points after everyones name on the score sheets.

We had ten shooters come out today for the short course. Congratulations to Tom S. for the highest score of 115, and Rusty B. with a 110. The wind was anywhere between 5 to 15 all day. There were four 260's, one 6xc, one 6mm Creedmore, two fast twist 243's and two 308's if I remember correctly, nobody brought out there 223's and nobody got a perfect score of 120 today.

photo%203-L.jpg

photo%202-L.jpg

photo%201-L.jpg

Last edited:
Update ....... Saturday May 3rd has been changed to Open Range

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Breeze and/or Mr. Smith...we on for Intimidator on Sat in Tom's absence?

Another Schedule Update

Saturday May 10th Open Range
Sunday May 11th Closed

Thanks

It depends, sunset is around 8:45 so about a half hour after that but if its overcast then sooner. If your just coming for the night shoot then I would show up around 8:00 to get everything ready to head out.... Be sure to bring colored flash lights red works best...

What does the Ohio 1000 involve?
restrictions -
course of fire -
round count -
etc.. -

Cheers

Do you need to preregister for the sniper match or just show up like a normal match day? Any info on round count etc. trying to plan to come up and shoot around this time frame.

Ohio 1000 ...... Is 1000yd Benchrest
Sniper match info will be posted early next week

Thanks

what time does the night head hunter start? when it's dark is not the answer i'm looking for :)

Just a reminder,

Saturday-Headhunter day and Headhunter night. (the night headhunter starts at dark aprox. 8:45pm. suppressed only)

Sunday-Intimidator match.

I'll be there Sunday for the Intimidator, No headhunting for me.

I am going to miss out on the night headhunter. My wife is gone for the weekend and I am on kid duty.

Bummed about missing tonight, please have another this year! Took fam to zoo and brought gear with me in hopes of coming but didn't get out of the big city in time:(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great day at TVP for the Intimidator, the weather was beautiful and sometimes the wind was cooperative. Congratulations to Jimmy and Brian for the top team score of 217 and Jimmy for the top score of 112.

If anyone has any photos or reports about the two headhunters shot Saturday day and night feel free to post em up.

photo%202-L.jpg

photo%201-L.jpg

There were 10 for the day Head Hunter and 16 for the night Head Hunter. I think 14 was high in the day shoot and several had 11 in the night shoot. Weather for the day shoot was off and on rain, wind and a short hail storm while sako bob was shooting.

We had an awesome time today, the weather was great, and the winds were mostly calm.

The Ohio 1000 is a 1000 yard benchrest shoot that Tom is trying to get started. Hopefully it will get squared away this season. Sorry we don't have a description of the course of fire but I can only imagine its a 1000 yard paper shoot.

UPDATE....... May 31st - Multi-Course Match - $50 per person $100 a team We will be shooting the Short Course, Head Hunter and Intimidator.... Pre Register at [email protected]

UPDATE....... May 31st - One Day Multi-Course Match - $50 per person $100 a team We will be shooting the Short Course, Head Hunter and Intimidator... Start Time 8:30 Round Count 100(2 shots per target) Pre Register at [email protected]

Last edited:
I found the Head Hunter sheets and clip board in the bed of my truck today.

Here they are:

Day shoot had Walt with 14 hits
Night shoot had 3 with 11 hits those are Bob, Nark, and Steve.
Shooting at night is very different then day shooting it is very hard to see what the wind is doing and also without a lit reticle in your scope makes it hard to find where the crosshair is on the target.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 20
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Looking for a teammate for Saturday's sniper match...anyone need a partner?