• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision 2014 Schedule

UPDATE....... May 31st - One Day Multi-Course Match - $50 per person $100 a team We will be shooting the Short Course, Head Hunter and Intimidator... Start Time 8:30 Round Count 100(2 shots per target) Pre Register at [email protected]

We shooting at 8:30 or just shooter's meeting at 8:30. Got a long way to drive so just wanted to home in on the timing.

-Bryan

None of my buddies can make it, So i"m going solo. So Hodgdon Extreme, do you want to partner up? I'm decent, typically low 100's. I shoot a TVP built 260. I will be there at 8am tmrw in a red GMC truck. Let me know.

None of my buddies can make it, So i"m going solo. So Hodgdon Extreme, do you want to partner up? I'm decent, typically low 100's. I shoot a TVP built 260. I will be there at 8am tmrw in a red GMC truck. Let me know.

Wish you'd piped up sooner.

Sorry man, too late. Good luck!

We shot the Headhunter course twice today. Congratulations to Bill and Margaret with them both getting 13's today, a personal best for both of them.

photo-L.jpg

We have changed this Saturday's match to OPEN RANGE ONLY.
Customers can still shoot paper to 1000 yards if they wish to do so.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

June 14th @ 8:00am First 20 shooters
Cost is $50 per shooter
TVP's Newbie Shoot will offer the novice long range shooter
an opportunity to learn how to aquire long range precision data for their scoped rifle.
Whether it's a bolt action or gas gun we will help you engage target's to 1000 yards plus. Once the group has their drop data using our 100 yard increment steel target's we'll move to the top of Intimidator 1. There we will introduce you to one of the most challenging and elite steel courses in the country.
Targets from 274 yards to 1165 and bonus to 1650.
Then we will visit the legendary Head Hunter steel course. 20 head sized targets from 300 to 600 yards. The most ultimate precision shooting challenge in the world...period. Many many shooters from all over the country have come to try and earn the title "Head Hunter" to no avail.
Tom Sarver owner and operator of TVP will reveal the secrets to "help" crack
the code to all who attend.
Shooters will need the following equipment to make the most of their day here at TVP.
Scoped rifle with target turrets
150 rounds of ammo+/-
Data book/note book
Shooting mat
Cooler with plenty to drink and snacks/lunch. We will be in the field most of the day.
Binoculars
Cleaning kit just in case
Necessary tools if problems arise. Allen wrenches etc.
Most importantly a positive attitude. It's all about fun learning.
We will have a limited supply of TVP data books and Applied Ballistics kestrel's.
Also some TVP shirts.
We are looking forward to introducing you to one of the world's most popular and fastest growing shooting sports. Instructors are seasoned in shooting and most of all people skills for teaching.
We we have several TVP rifles on display as well. There will be an opportunity to handle them and possibly shoot a few as well if time allows.
Feel free to call with questions at 740-502-6530
Shooters must text their name and number to the number above and total that are coming.
Spectators are welcome
Hearing and eye protection is recommended.

Thanks!
TVP

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
just a thought breeze, this may get more attention under a new thread ? if i can i will show up to give a hand also.

What is definition of newbie? No experience at long range? Very little? Some experience? etc. If someone has shot the course before does that make them no longer a newbie?

What is definition of newbie? No experience at long range? Very little? Some experience? etc. If someone has shot the course before does that make them no longer a newbie?

This day is for folks that are new to long range and have not shot the matches before, or have just come down for open range and are not confident they have the experience to jump into a match.

It looks like Tom will probably start out at the benches and get everyone on steel targets at 100 yard increments to verify their elevation come ups and be able to have something to input into a ballistic computer so he can help them get elevation and wind dope for the long range targets on the course.

This is a picture of the first Newbie shoot at TVP (that I know of) June of 2009. I say that "I know of" because it was the first time I had ever stepped foot on TVP's range, I have been shooting long range ever since. I did not make very many hits and it was a bit frustrating at times but nobody really cared because they were having a tough time at it and were not keeping scores at all. The folks that volunteered to help Tom that day made sure everyone stayed safe and would try to get us on target by giving elevation and wind corrections while watching through their spotting scopes. Thanks Tom, Wayde, Karl and Chris for your help.

A day late for Throwback Thursday and a bit fuzzy, but see if you can make out anyone you know in the picture of the first newbie day.

4snztc-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Just a reminder,

Saturday the 7th is now an open range day.

Sunday the 8th is an Intimidator match.

Myself and another will be coming from cleveland.

Cool, We will see you there in the morning.

The range will be cold tomorrow morning till 10:00, Tom will be downrange of the benches mowing and painting targets.

Last edited:
The weather held out today for the Intimidator match with only a five minute shower on the last position. Congratulations to Nick for winning the match with a 115 and cleaning the last two positions today, this was his first time shooting the Intimidator match. Mark did a great job helping him get there with his wind calls.

photo%202-L.jpg

Last edited:
Please note the Short Course scheduled for this Sunday has been cancelled. Instead we will have a special Father's Day Open Range Day. Bring your Dad and he can shoot for free. Open range 10 am till dusk.

This day is for folks that are new to long range and have not shot the matches before, or have just come down for open range and are not confident they have the experience to jump into a match.

It looks like Tom will probably start out at the benches and get everyone on steel targets at 100 yard increments to verify their elevation come ups and be able to have something to input into a ballistic computer so he can help them get elevation and wind dope for the long range targets on the course.

This is a picture of the first Newbie shoot at TVP (that I know of) June of 2009. I say that "I know of" because it was the first time I had ever stepped foot on TVP's range, I have been shooting long range ever since. I did not make very many hits and it was a bit frustrating at times but nobody really cared because they were having a tough time at it and were not keeping scores at all. The folks that volunteered to help Tom that day made sure everyone stayed safe and would try to get us on target by giving elevation and wind corrections while watching through their spotting scopes. Thanks Tom, Wayde, Karl and Chris for your help.

A day late for Throwback Thursday and a bit fuzzy, but see if you can make out anyone you know in the picture of the first newbie day.

4snztc-XL.jpg

i can name quite a few. i was there helping for that one. seems like a long dang time ago.

No kiddin, I don't remember you being there, and your not an easy guy to forget! lol.

I'm the scrawny looking fella 7th from the right.

No kiddin, I don't remember you being there, and your not an easy guy to forget! lol.

I'm the scrawny looking fella 7th from the right.

Yeah, I spent fair amount of time with kid beside black kid and black kid. Far left is Rick Salisbury and his wife. Bohem( josh) from hide is tall green shirt along with his buddy Francis. I seen you, capt Richardson far right and few that their names escape me.

Any news/info on the 9/20 Sniper match that I may have missed? Interested in coming out for it, as I will be moving to OH next week!

Start planning the weekend now! We will be shooting the Intimidator Saturday and there will be open range day on Sunday. Who is going to come out and give it their best shot?

Plan to spend the long, holiday weekend shooting at TVP. The weather is going to be great! We will be shooting the Headhunter Saturday and the Intimidator on Sunday. Who is going to come out to give these challenging courses their best shot?

Plan to spend the long, holiday weekend shooting at TVP. The weather is going to be great! We will be shooting the Headhunter Saturday and the Intimidator on Sunday. Who is going to come out to give these challenging courses their best shot?

Wait, so the Intimidator is moved to Sunday?

Wait, so the Intimidator is moved to Sunday?

It's always been scheduled for Sunday. We just changed the Ohio 1000 to a Headhunter on Saturday.

Maybe you have this weekend mixed up with next weekend where it is opposite.

Last edited:
Great weekend for the Headhunter and the Intimidator. Steve and Bill set personal high scores on the headhunter Saturday with a 16 and a 15. The Intimidator was a tough SOB as usual today, Margaret had the highest score of 110 and Brian had a 99. We had to skip target 2 on the last stage of the intimidator due to being wrecked by a 300 grain 338 bullet. So scores could have been a bit higher, lol :)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

photo%201-2-L.jpg

photo%205-L.jpg

photo%204-1-L.jpg

photo%202-4-L.jpg

photo%203-1-L.jpg

Nice pics Mr. Smith. Weather was nice Saturday and it looks like Sunday turned out to be more of the same. Those new portable shelters are a great idea!

It is going to be another nice weekend at Thunder Valley Precision. We will shoot the Intimidator Saturday and the Headhunter on Sunday.

Had a good turnout today for the Headhunter course, several first timers today. Margaret had the highest score with a 14 and Jeff and Steve M. tied for second place with a 13. It was very windy today with anything between no wind to 15 mph. on the same stage for the same shooter.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day at TVP

photo-21-L.jpg

Nice shooting Margaret. Tough day of judging wind, but that's TVP for you. We all got some great practice and met some nice first timers.

Well I'm FINALLY able to get away for a day and come up to shoot. New baby has been keeping me tied up for a while now. Looking for a shooting partner for Sunday. Prefer min/min but I can convert quickly for anyone.

Thank you,
Merritt

Another great day of training at TVP. We had a nice turnout with shooters making several hits on steel. Light shifting winds through out the course kept everything challenging and enjoyable.

Top team was Brian and Evan with a 235. Great to see Father and Son out shooting together, bonus that they did well and took 1st place. Chip and Mike finished 2nd with a 205. You guys will have to come and shoot the intimidator with us so you can stretch the legs of that 300WM.

Merritt was the top shooter of the day. He cleaned the course with a 120. It was fun watching him shoot well with his TVP built rifle. Karl had to leave early, but he'll be back to dominate another day.

Great shooting, see you all at the next matches!

Attachments

• 20140720_130306.jpg
    20140720_130306.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Just announced! We will have a night Headhunter on Saturday, August 2nd. Limited to the first 10 shooters who sign up. All rifles must be suppressed to participate. To reserve your space email [email protected].
Also, don't forget there will be Open Range days Saturday and Sunday this weekend. 10 am start

Cost for matches and open range days: $30 non-members, $20 members.

I'll be there for the open range day this Sat. Bringing my barricade as well for a little positional practice.

Hey guys,

Haven't been out to TVP in about 4 years now, but I will be there this Saturday for open range. Will also be bringing a couple of relatively new shooters along, hopefully get them some good dope so we can all start shooting some matches. Is it alright to bring along an EZup tent for some shade?

Schedule change for this weekend at TVP:
Saturday 8/2: Open Range day 10 am start
Saturday night 8/2: Night Headhunter, open to first ten shooters who e-mail Tom at [email protected]
Sunday 8/3: Short Course 10 am start. Bring extra ammo. If there is time we may make it a short course double. Range is cold from 9-10 am no exceptions. If you need to zero you can do so from 8:30-9.
$20 members, $30 nonmembers.
Yardages, round count and course descriptions can be found on Thunder Valley Precision » Specialized long range shooting facility

Last edited: