• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Count me in for the Intimidator this Sat. Just got some excellent loads worked up with some 2000MR so I'm looking forward to it.

Is there any shooting this Sunday 17 July at Thunder Valley?

If nothing scheduled, will the range be open for practice.

thanks

There is a head hunter match this Sunday.

Sniper Challenge scheduled for the end of the month has been <span style="color: #FF0000">cancelled</span> the time it takes to put it together is just not there, we'll try to get one together for the fall.
So in its place
30th - Combo
31st - Head Hunter

Sorry for the inconvenience
TVP

I'll be there this weekend with atleast one other shooter and possibly two.

Thanks,
Merritt

In for tomorrow. No go on Sunday.

Thank you Tom for another great shoot today. Also thank you for being in the dog house for us as we know it's your wife's b-day today. As always the facility and service is top notch. Also thanks for the fellow shooters for being friendly as always.

Thank you,
Merritt

Had a great time today! Thanks to Tom for the great day of shooting and as always for being more than happy to help. Next time I will not forget the sun block!

Haven't had that much fun for awhile. Thanks for a great day. Can't wait for the next intimidator match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper Challenge scheduled for the end of the month has been <span style="color: #FF0000">cancelled</span> the time it takes to put it together is just not there, we'll try to get one together for the fall.
So in its place
30th - Combo
31st - Head Hunter

Sorry for the inconvenience
TVP </div></div>

Bummer. Guess Peter and I will just do the combo/head hunter instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when are open range days and how far can you shoot on those days?

and cost? </div></div>

You can call Tom (740-502-6530)to set something up M-F
The next scheduled Open range day is Aug 27th

And as always Membership $50
Members Match Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $20.00
Non Members Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $30.00
Juniors Under 18 years of age Membership and ALL match fees and range days are FREE.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Schedule Change</span>

July 23rd - Open Range(if you want to see long range pistols come out)
July 24th - Combo

Ive really been wanting to get out there with my new rig but have been super busy this summer. I just bought a house and have been working day and night to get everything updated and in good shape. The good news is that this is my new backyard.
smile.gif

IMG_20110619_132218.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive really been wanting to get out there with my new rig but have been super busy this summer. I just bought a house and have been working day and night to get everything updated and in good shape. The good news is that this is my new backyard.
smile.gif

IMG_20110619_132218.jpg
</div></div>

what range finder is that?

Just wanted to say a BIG Thank's to Tom,Wayde and the rest of the guy's today at TVP.Had a great time with a bunch of great guy's.
Wayde great shooting today sir. waggs/ Alaska guide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
what range finder is that? </div></div>

Bushnell Fusion 1600

Ring, its the new Bushnell ARC 1600 combo range finder/binocular.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoWildcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ring, its the new Bushnell ARC 1600 combo range finder/binocular. </div></div>

Yep

love mine, seems people at the mammoth shoot did not, how's your working?

Thunder Valley Precision (TVP)Ohio
Head Hunter After Match Report for Sunday 17 July 2011.

Another great Head Hunter down and we have a brand new high score for the Head Hunter COF. Congratualtions to Wayde Bainter for his score of 18/20 Headshots! Awesome day Wayde you are the man! All were 1st round hits as is the rule for this COF for those who dont already know.

Great shooting Wayde! Also hats off to Eric Shafer who shot his personal best to date with a respectable 15/20. Way to go Eric!

6 vids total inbound, For best clarity let em load in HD or 720, takes a while but worth the wait.

Stage # 4 Jim aka Waggs4570 shows how to get it done !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E_5MOPhYTc

Stage #4 Wayde almost goes perfect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9cMJTvKuE

Stage #3 Woodspider, Wayde, and Eric each go 5/5 cleaning the stage! Good shooting guys!

Woodspider http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uad97ux0l2A
Eric http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzPpuNuM-40
Wayde http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfJryax7dc

Stage#1 Dave banging steel on stage #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17bc3yf9zX4

Nice group of guys today as always great shooting with ya'll.
--Steve ....hide name.. woodspider

Thanks Guys

We did have a good day of shooting, always great meeting new people that like to pull the trigger. Here are the only pics I snapped

wresmh.jpg

243gvq1.jpg

2z3us2a.jpg

160qyk9.jpg

Good shooting guys.
Everyone who has shot the HH knows what it takes to hit the heads with the conditions TVP throws at you. One minute it's calm the next 2-10 mph for a few seconds or minutes then calm again... then right to 10-15-20 mph!
These guys are working really hard to get these scores and training is what it takes.
Our hats go off to you guys for the continued dedication you have shown.
Someday...soon..someone will earn the title.
What a great day that will be!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waggs4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to say a BIG Thank's to Tom,Wayde and the rest of the guy's today at TVP.Had a great time with a bunch of great guy's.
Wayde great shooting today sir. waggs/ Alaska guide </div></div>

Thanks and the next time(next year) you come back we will have to talk about your fee's for up there in Alaska. Nice meeting you and thanks for the T-shirt.

Still shooting this weekend? The daughter and I planning to be there.

nice score breeze! congrats!

will be up there soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">Schedule Change</span>

July 23rd - Open Range(if you want to see long range pistols come out)
July 24th - Combo </div></div>

Me and Son are planning on coming out to meet (hopefully) some other long range pistol shooters on Saturday. Hope that mile target has my name on it somewhere...... although I'm sure it'll be luck but I'll gladly accept that even if it's only once
smile.gif

Think I got it all figured out, hold on top of tallest tree above mile target with the tip just visible in bottom of scope then add 37 feet with a good educated guess then give trigger a good jerk. Hell, gotta get lucky sooner or later.

Topstrap

260Shooter,

We will have an open range day for longrange pistol shooters as well as rifles. This give some folks the chance to build drop charts and fine tune their data.
Shooters will be able to shoot from the benches, ground and from 3 of our firing positions. At some point in the day the "group" can venture out onto the other positons and practice there as well.

Sunday we will shoot the combo. This includes the short course as well as the Intimidator long course.
There will be some long range pistol shooters joining us for the weekend and this will give others the chance to see what a LRP can do out to 1000 plus yards.

I will be doing range work thru out the day today as well as Saturday. Sometime Saturday evening or early Sunday morning I will get the targets painted fresh again for Sundays match.

See you all this weekend and drive safe.

Flounderv2 and J.Myers... I've been using my ARC 1600 for a couple weeks now and love it. At first I was a tad disappointed with the sharpness at the edge of the glass but I have gotten used to it.
Longest range for me so far is trees at 1855 yards.

Could you please tell me the basics of the combo match at TV?

Each shooter has a partner. The team engages four targets each at the same position. The targets are the same for each shooter competing. There are six separate positions on the course. Each target has an assigned point value. -First shot hit 10 points.-Second shot hit 5 points.-Third shot hit 2 points.
There are no fourth shots on each target. The team is timed. The total time per team is eight minutes. You shoot prone, distances are
Pos 1) 160,268,499,484
Pos 2) 228,391,561,346
Pos 3) 563,950,1165,938
Pos 4) 283,415,366,552,552,892,674,795
Pos 5) 276,366,587,1048
Pos 6) 570,499,704,586

Thanks for the information and the yardages. How does it work if you do not have a shooting partner?

We pair up people without partners or they do it before we start.... no worries you will have a partner and have fun

Psmith and I will be there this weekend for the combo and headhunter...
What time is good to arrive Friday to finalize/verify dope?

Call Tom(740-502-6530) to check.... He's usually finishing range maint. on Friday

Tom, Breeze

We are trying to get a few together for another trip your way on Labor Day weekend.

Jeff

I know it is down the road a bit, but wondering if any plans have been made for the Oct 29-30 Weekend, which is the weekend of the Match at Rayners?

I was wondering if the TVP Crew will be shooting on Sat again, and holding a match at TVP on Sunday, or vise versa?

I am looking to bring 3-4 shooters with me that weekend, so we are trying to plan accordingly.

Hoping like hell to make it back to TVP soon, can't catch a break with the damn work schedule!

Hope everyone is well, looks like the fun and learning are still well under way.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

EDIT - Congrats to all of the TVP Shooters for the performance at Mammoth, and hats off to Breeze on the 18/20 Headhunter Score!

Me too for this Saturday. More than likely going to need someone to hold my hand.

What time do we start?

This is from the very first post in this thread

Start-10:00(Unless posted differently) if you need to zero be early(8:00) Range is cold from 9-10 for registration and safety meeting

Will there be a chrono available Sunday at 8am before the HH?

Usually if you call Tom ahead he will set his up give him a call

We will help you with your drop chart. Be here by 8:30 am.
and 10 extra rounds. No chrony needed.

Hey guys COMBO was fun! it was almost dead calm at TVP all day. Shot all day and only had windage off 0 on one station. Nice group of guys made the trip up from N.C. and Mi as well. Be back as soon as the schedule calm down

Wow what a good weekend at the range.

16jiu0i.jpg

1o7sr9.jpg

14v635d.jpg

Where's the shade
2zta9na.jpg

m78474.jpg