• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Got the 3 of you

<span style="color: #990000">There has been a few last minute changes</span>

April 16 - Intimidator
April 17 - Short Course
April 23 - Head Hunter - preregister

Thanks

Please put me down for the Head Hunter on the 23rd.

PM sent for the 23rd.

sent pm for april 30 if theres room.
is there a round count? i have to get loading...

Looks like atleast me for the short course on Sunday and possibly another. (For the short course). I'll let you know if I can't make it for any reason.

Thanks,
Merritt

Any dope yet on the sniper challenge at the end of July?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any dope yet on the sniper challenge at the end of July? </div></div>
Putting the finishing touches on the one for the end of May

Wayde, can't make that one. Big family thing with my daughter's first communion.

But if there is one at the end of July I'll make it if at all possible.

BTW, shooting at TVP Sunday cured me. I haven't needed a cane since I woke up yesterday morning.

Don't forget to preregister for the Head Hunter next Saturday

Wayde,
count me in on Saturdays head hunter.
Sean from Pittsburgh, Mike cant make it.

I am in for Saturday HH , I think I already prereg? Also I am bringing a friend and need to register him. His name is Eric, send me a PM if you need details?
Thanks Steve

Are there still openings for the 4/30 newbie shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kentucky Jelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still openings for the 4/30 newbie shoot? </div></div>
There were 5 as of yesterday when I spoke with Tom. Call him to find out/save your spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wgsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kentucky Jelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still openings for the 4/30 newbie shoot? </div></div>
There were 5 as of yesterday when I spoke with Tom. Call him to find out/save your spot. </div></div>

Thanks I emailed, and spoke with Tom on the phone briefly last night. I'll be heading up from Cincinnati area with a partner.

I am bringing a new shooter with me to the Newbie Shoot, see everyone soon.

M Richardson

Still have a few openings for Saturdays Head Hunter....

Damn, going miss this newbie shoot as well... Hope there will be another one coming around here soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, going miss this newbie shoot as well... Hope there will be another one coming around here soon. </div></div>
June 18th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, going miss this newbie shoot as well... Hope there will be another one coming around here soon. </div></div>
June 18th </div></div>

Damn again lol, I have a good friend's wedding on the 18th go figure. I guess I'll just have to make the hour trip down on a normal day and get schooled the old fashion way. Thanks for the heads up though.

No worries... The group of shooters we have at TVP are always willing to help other shooters. Every "match" is a training day if you pay attention.

Tom & Breeze

4 of us from Wisconsin will be making the trip your way to shoot the Head hunter on May 14th day time round, and the Intimidator on Sunday the 15th.

Our plans are to arrive early Friday to check zeros and if time, run the 200 to1200 to make sure everything’s ready to hit the weekend events.

Will it be ok to shoot Friday on the 200 – 1200 ?

Count us in for those weekends’ events May 14th &15th

Thanks
Jeff

I am in for the HH on the 14th and intimidator on the 15th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot.onehit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Tom & Breeze

4 of us from Wisconsin will be making the trip your way to shoot the Head hunter on May 14th day time round, and the Intimidator on Sunday the 15th.

Thanks
Jeff
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in for the HH on the 14th and intimidator on the 15th. </div></div>

Gotcha

Wayde,
We still shooting the HH tomorrow in the T storms? It isnt like I need more of a challenge......... I hope we are.

Unless there is lighting we are shooting.

<span style="color: #CC0000">"Attention Newbies"</span>

Due to Mother Nature destroying the shooting building we need your help to make this day run a little smoother.

Please Try to have your rifle zero at 100yds and if you know the speed of your bullet go here and print a drop chart(1200yds). http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi
We will have you shoot to confirm. If you have a shooting mat bring it and water resistant walking shoes/boots.
Any questions please ask
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">"Attention Newbies"</span>

Due to Mother Nature destroying the shooting building ...... Any questions please ask
Thanks </div></div>

How bad is it? Need a maintenance day?

It's bad. The roof where the benches are is on the ground.

But, I'm sure Tom will make it better next time around.

That is a shame. How bad is the damage? Was it insured? So sorry to hear about the destruction!

Josh

23 APRIL 2011 HeadHunter After Action Report:
Awesome day of shooting at TVP HeadHunter course of fire! The winds were making it a real challenge. 10mph to 26 mph gusts at times!!
Doping the Wind was the challenge of the day, but a great day to practice windy shooting!

I have a few videos I made sorry for the shaky quality but the wind was shaking the spotter, my camera, and me! I tried...

NOTE when viewing on youtube:
***ITS all HD VIDEO BUT ONLY IF YOU SELECT 720P AS YOUR VIEWING SELECTION ON TIMER BAR!!!720P LOOKS WAY CLEARER BUT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO LOAD BUT IS WORTH THE WAIT, IF YOUR IN A HURRY LET IT LOAD AS FUZZY 360P A LITTLE LESS CLEAR BUT OK. 720P IS BEST WAY TO WATCH THEM . PAUSE IT LET THE LOAD COMPLETE RED BAR FULL THEN WATCH. *** Also use full screen mode.

Video of Stage #4 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Wayde 23 April 2011
Really Great shooting Wayde!!! Especially In these sustained 18 mph winds with gusts to 26 on this particular stage!
Watch those heads Flop!
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/a/u/0/2YU6zHwSuUw

Video of Stage #3 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Shooter is DAVE on 23 April 2011
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/1/JPGj3xPnJ1o

Thanks woodspider nice video's
Great day for wind doping

4 weeks ago TVP dodged a small funnel cloud just before daylight on a warm rainy morning. It was to the North and passed between my house and the neighbors. It managed to topple a few 1000 yards targets and down a couple of my 200 year old oak trees out back.
This last Tuesday morning mother nature tried again and after 9 years of high winds and countless storms she sent another funnel cloud that did the job this time. It came across the south field
and simply mowed over the building totally destroying it. It managed to crush some tables and benches and Waydes custom TVP info center he built for us. You can actually see where the tail of the tornado came across the field..through the building and up to position 2 rearranging some of our trees on the course.
Word of advice..if your house starts to breath like a paper bag and the walls and ceiling are actually creaking..it's a tornado.
I apologize for the set back this will cause us and some of our shooters. We will simply have to adjust and rebuild in due time.
This is a VERY busy time with trying to get folks rifles built and training days accomplished without our much needed shelter and benches. I think alot of shooters this week saw the importance of having that building there and they miss it already. As of now we are waiting on the insurance co. to tell us what we can do next and if they are going to cover the damage.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for some of our shooters and trainees we've had to cancel.
We hope to have the mess cleaned up ASAP. It will be a long process due to the tangled wreckage and not so simple deconstruct process.
We are however still open for business for practice and range days on the steel course or forward line of the shooting building.
As Wayde explained the newbie shoot will still be a go and we will do our best to show all the shooters a good time.

Thanks,
TVP

I think the important thing is that no one was hurt.

As for your apologies, you dont owe us an apology. You didnt do this.

This is just something that takes time to return to normal. I would bet you probably have some improvements in mind already.

If we can do anything to help, please let us know.

Sean

Mother Nature is being a Bitch

o8tgqt.jpg

4udztj.jpg

Woodspider

Great videos, had no idea you were behind me.

Wow. That is crazy! to see the entire thing blown over. I was expecting that it would have torn off sheet metal and ripped off chunks, not toppled the entire thing over.

Sorry again Tom.

Josh

Wow, that sucks. I cant believe it just toppled like that and the roof didnt come off.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Glad no one was hurt.

Any one have any suggestions where to stay up that way? Not too picky as long as it is clean. Looking forward to this weekend regardless of the condition.

Tom and Wayde,
If you guys need help with a rebuild, I am will help when/if needed, you guys have put on some great shooting days for us. I have learned a lot and met some great people, I will even bring a keg for the weekend. I am sure I can get some others to help as well.
Sean

holy shit batman.

Thats crazy. big +1 on no one being hurt.

like others have said..if you need help i am more than willing.

good luck with insurance..

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio

Hi Guys,
I am headed down down to the newbie shoot friday night or early Saturday morning. I am near Toledo and would like to share a room or gas if anyone is headed in that general direction. Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mother Nature is being a Bitch

o8tgqt.jpg

4udztj.jpg

</div></div>

It is bad, but looks doable. Hope all goes well for the bunch at TVP

I'll be there Sunday for the intimidator.

Someone who goes Saturday, Please post up the current road conditions and which ones are flooded out/need to be avoided.

Thanks!!

Newbie's

A few suggestions
Something to carry all your gear in/with
Data book/notebook & something to write with
insect repellent
sun screen
food/water
Chair
Hat
camera

and make sure your bolts are out of your rifles or chamber flags

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">insect repellent
</div></div>
Make sure it works on ticks