• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tiger Valley Team Sniper Date?

Re: Tiger Valley Team Sniper Date?

Mick

I can bring AR and run it if you want to do the bolt gun portion. TJ and Benjamin invited me to come out, since I am helping out with some prize table Data Books, so this would push me to definitely make it! Mark

Appreciate the help guys a partner has been found. And before you ask Jason (triton 19) no I didn't have to pay him to shoot with me!!!

I have shot with him before so he know's that I don't like to talk alot. He can deal with it.

Mick

<span style="font-size: 14pt">I spoke to TJ, and here is the MINIMUM round count for the Team Match:

200 rounds- spotter (AR guy)
125 rounds- precision (bolt guy)
50 rounds- pistol

These are minimum counts, so I would take a few more rounds than what is stated. </span>

Did y'all see this tower yet?

fs_tower2.jpg

If anyone needs any Federal 210M primers, I just got delivery confirmation that my backorders are coming in. Let me know, and I'll bring a few cases to the match to sell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone needs any Federal 210M primers, I just got delivery confirmation that my backorders are coming in. Let me know, and I'll bring a few cases to the match to sell. </div></div>

your PM box is full, but I will take 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mussman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone needs any Federal 210M primers, I just got delivery confirmation that my backorders are coming in. Let me know, and I'll bring a few cases to the match to sell. </div></div>

your PM box is full, but I will take 1k. </div></div>
Ok. I'll bring some for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's got to be fake. I can't climb that. </div></div>

Sure you can, I'll just run up in front of you carring a backpack full of beer!

Nope it isnt fake....very very well built, the contractor knows his craft better than most and the guy that ordered it must be a very good looking and intelligent man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy at the bottom is only 2 ft tall</div></div>

....Frank !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys have fun shooting off the tower. I will not be able to make it this time. Hope to see some of you at the Bash. </div></div>
I won't be at the bash but I'll see you around.

Been slaving in the reloading kitchen for the last 3 nights, got some fresh hot Bergers ready for this weekend!

I'm working on ammo tonight! I only need 100 precision rounds, since I already have some loaded.
Don't forget, I'm bringing some Federal 210M's, if you need any.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm working on ammo tonight! I only need 100 precision rounds, since I already have some loaded.
Don't forget, I'm bringing some Federal 210M's, if you need any. </div></div>

Chad, I'm headed to Geordie's in the morning. I'll be loading all night when I get there, then headed down towards TV on Friday morning. See y'all Sat.

Mick

[quoteDon't forget to bring the rain gear. Right now:
30% chance on Fri
10% on Sat
40% on Sun!
] [/quote]

Hey Chad at least after Tac-pro you know what your rifle will do when it is wet.
smile.gif

Make sure and keep us updated. Have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone needs any Federal 210M primers, I just got delivery confirmation that my backorders are coming in. Let me know, and I'll bring a few cases to the match to sell. </div></div>

I responded in your other thread, but I want a case of 1000;
BoltRipper can pay you for them at the Tiger Valley match this weekend if that works for you...

Weeds,

thanks for sharing the pictures! It was a great match for sure.

Scooty

I had a great time, learned a lot and met a lot of great people. Thanks TJ for putting on a very fun and challenging match. Definately a great job. Congrats to all the competitors.

Thanks for putting on a great match TJ! Our team feels this TV match was the best we have competed in to date - of course the weather could have had a slight influence. Yall really did it up this year with the tower stages and party favors at end. It was also good to meet some new folks. Looking forward to the 4-man.

After a good nights sleep I still have sore body parts. I'd like to thank TJ, Benjamin, and the rest of the staff for the very well run match. This was smooth, so smooth I barely had time to stay prepped for the next stage. Tactical shooters can be like herding cats, but this bunch are great wranglers.

The little things added some spice to the mix, like the short ride in the "operator vehicle" with IED and the driver yelling "GET THE *&#& OUT OF MY TRUCK", diving into a hide that is a bit tight and putting down the bad guys.

Climbing the tower on the clock sucks, I'm to old and out of shape for that. Starting 2/3 of the way up worked fine.

The "crazy bitch" stage was way more fun than I thought it would be, pity the pour sole that only had 10 power scope.

Competitors and staff were all on their best behavior from my experience, (bunch of highly armed guys should be polite) good natured ribbing was the norm. Can't think of a better way to spend a weekend!

Thanks to all, staff, sponsors, and participants.

Keith

Im not trying to hijack this thread, but as i look at the pictures (thank you in da weeds) i cant help but wonder what optics most of you are running on your AR? I am currently running a TA31F ACOG and was wondering if this is sutible for this type of competition or if i should go to a variable power scope like i see an some of the other AR platforms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know his partner's name, but him and Ting won.</div></div>

Sheldon Blackwell & Ting Sun won first place.

The AR15 guy's furthest shot was 300 yards, had some standing, seated and prone shots....a lot of out of position shooting and non generous targets (small). I used a 2.5-10x24 Nightforce which I found to be great.

Awesome match as always from TJ, Benjamin, Brett, Bruce, Chris and the rest of the staff. Challanging and fun at the same time. They know how to mix it up just right. The tower is a nice addition to an already great place to shoot. The prize table and food was a bonus. I also want to thank Brandon Parscale for taking pics of everyone, shooting this match is hard enough but to add that task and pull it off as good as he did takes some skill.

Thanks to all who attended the match. Our goal was to deliver a good product at a reasonable price. I hope we challenged with realistic situations that made you shoot move and communicate. As always, we have room for improvement and are working at that end as this is being typed. We have thoughts of bonus shots out to 1300-1400 yards with either one of your weapons or our .50's. I would have liked the stages to be longer, but as you saw, they were 3 minutes maximum time and we cut it close, running 7.5 hours for six stages and 40 teams.

Although some didn't like the long range stage on Sunday it forced teams to actually function like a sniper team. If your spotter wasn't doing his job, you were lost. On most of the other stages he was killing his own targets with little time to assist you. Add to the fact that he probably couldn't catch his breath yet anyway.

We had a great bunch of profession shooters, no wasted time or unsafe actions. I hope to attend some of the major Sniper Competitions this year like Rifles Only, to see how the others do things and bring ours up to their level.

Benjamin has 1200 pictures and he will be posting some shots here soon. T.J.

It was my first time to help out. I shot it last year with my partner but, he had unexpected health issues. I'll be shooting it next time! I just mostly helped calling hits on steel and spent some time behind the berm at the 500 to call hits out on the long steel targets...also helped Brett with the pits on Sunday. It was a great experience and, it turned out to be a beautiful weekend!

It was a great bunch of guys ( and a few girls ) and, I enjoyed it quite a bit just hanging out with everyone at the bunk house and telling lies! haha

It's always a good time and a lot of ribbing and fun. I can't wait to shoot it next time with my partner!!!