• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tight Patch

crocker84

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Midwest
I took my brand new Crusader out today to pop its cherry. I purchased Boretech Eliminator, one of their jags, and some of their patches. It seems like this combination of cleaning supplies made for an awful tight fit through the barrel. I almost couldn't push them through. I ended up using the cheap Winchester patches that I picked up at Wally World instead. Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Tight Patch

This is common. You can either run a slightly smaller jag or trim your patches till they feel right. I use the same size jag on different calibers and just use different sized patches. I cut all my own patches out of flannel I buy by the yard at the fabric store. $20 of material last me about 5 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hired Gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is common. You can either run a slightly smaller jag or trim your patches till they feel right. I use the same size jag on different calibers and just use different sized patches. I cut all my own patches out of flannel I buy by the yard at the fabric store. $20 of material last me about 5 years.</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hired Gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cut all my own patches out of flannel I buy by the yard at the fabric store. $20 of material last me about 5 years. </div></div>

What a awesome idea...never thought of this!