• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Anyone running SK ammo out of their Tikkas, what are your muzzle velocities? Looking for specifically SK LRM but would be passionately curious to hear all results.
I haven’t run my muzzle velocities, but I didn’t have much luck with SK LRM out of my tikka, which sucks because I now have two bricks of the stuff sitting on my shelf. Even with the barrel tuner, I couldn’t get the group size down to anywhere close to where I’d like to be. Mine seems to like Center-X. I use SK RM for practice and Center-X for matches.

Reactions: simonby
Does the T1x have any issues with feeding from cheap bulk pack ammo?

I haven’t run my muzzle velocities, but I didn’t have much luck with SK LRM out of my tikka, which sucks because I now have two bricks of the stuff sitting on my shelf. Even with the barrel tuner, I couldn’t get the group size down to anywhere close to where I’d like to be. Mine seems to like Center-X. I use SK RM for practice and Center-X for matches.
Interesting, my Tikka likes it, but likes it a lot better with the tuner. Almost cut my 100 yard groups in half. I chrono'd a 10 shot string of SKLRM with my 20" tikka with an 1100fps average, 16 extreme spread, 5.4 SD (this past sunday).

Reactions: Docasek
Anyone running SK ammo out of their Tikkas, what are your muzzle velocities? Looking for specifically SK LRM but would be passionately curious to hear all results.

I bought 1500 rounds of it. Avg was 1085 at 70 degrees and 50% at sea level. My SD was 16-18 in 10 shot strings.
Mind loves the Midas +....

I shot my first NRL22 Match last weekend.
I need to spend more time practicing weak side shooting ( that was a 10 point deduction ) and sling support on positional shooting. The Roof top stage was another scenario where I need to devote more practice time & effort to.
If I'm going to keep shooting Open Class, I'll swap the CTR Stock for my ACC Chassis and put the KRG Midas Trigger on the T1X.

What is the consensus on a barrel tuner for the OEM Barrel ?
Has anyone modified a MK Machining Mag Extension to fit in an ACC Chassis ?
Is an extended Magazine Release a good option in the ACC Chassis ?
Favorite Sling for Positional Shooting ?

I shot my first NRL22 Match last weekend.
I need to spend more time practicing weak side shooting ( that was a 10 point deduction ) and sling support on positional shooting. The Roof top stage was another scenario where I need to devote more practice time & effort to.
If I'm going to keep shooting Open Class, I'll swap the CTR Stock for my ACC Chassis and put the KRG Midas Trigger on the T1X.

What is the consensus on a barrel tuner for the OEM Barrel ?
Has anyone modified a MK Machining Mag Extension to fit in an ACC Chassis ?
Is an extended Magazine Release a good option in the ACC Chassis ?
Favorite Sling for Positional Shooting ?
Barrel tuner definitely tightens up groups, even on the stock barrel.

I tried modifying the mag extension to work with the ACC and got it to fit, but the reliability was questionable, so I’m back running stock mags.

100% recommended an extended mag release

Haven’t shot with a sling yet, but the blue force slings are nice.

In a continuation from my previous post showing the way I have my T1X set up, here are some results.

I switched to Midas + and have seen excellent results from it. Below is a group from my tuning session, 4 shots at 100 yards off a bipod and bag. Also chrono results from the following day.

Something to note though, I have now had a during match and a practice session failure with the MKM extensions. Both were due to pressure against the mag during shooting off a barricade. I guess one fix would be a barricade stop, but no really pleased…. They also seem to really not have stiff enough springs… I really would like to find longer/stiffer springs as the 14 rounds is very helpful compared to the stock 10 rounders in the NRL matches. If anyone has ideas let me know!

A2A93ADA-A172-4D0D-8A5F-5C83ED7B9B83.jpeg

1F1363CC-6BFC-4AA3-95DB-874228EF7DD9.jpeg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Well, after numerous people telling me I was just handicapping myself on glass with base class, I went all in.

20" factory barreled action in .22lr
KRG Bravo chassis with tool-less LOP
KRG heavy Arca rail
KRG Steel stop
KRG ARCA spigot mount, with Harris inline mount and Harris S-BRM 6-9' with S lock
Mountain Tactical trigger spring and extended mag release
DIP extended bolt knob
Area 419 30MOA rail
Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 in Athlon rings, MK Machining throw lever and scope level
Form 1 can from Nick at ECCO Machine and Fabrication

Sad3FcQ.jpg

And some fun from south GA this past week with fellow hide member @Alarka. Went 8 for 10 on a 12x20 plate at 300yds with cheap CCI SV. This shit is too much fun!

Attachments

• trigger shoe 1.jpg
    trigger shoe 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 151
  • trigger shoe 2.jpg
    trigger shoe 2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 149
  • trigger shoe.jpg
    trigger shoe.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 148
Anybody had both the spring and the timney. I have had 2 tikkas and done spring swap and thought they still sucked especially compared to the cz. Looking at Timney but the 2nd stage is a full pound.

HPIguy, have you weighed that set up. Thanks
Well, after numerous people telling me I was just handicapping myself on glass with base class, I went all in.

20" factory barreled action in .22lr
KRG Bravo chassis with tool-less LOP
KRG heavy Arca rail
KRG Steel stop
KRG ARCA spigot mount, with Harris inline mount and Harris S-BRM 6-9' with S lock
Mountain Tactical trigger spring and extended mag release
DIP extended bolt knob
Area 419 30MOA rail
Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 in Athlon rings, MK Machining throw lever and scope level
Form 1 can from Nick at ECCO Machine and Fabrication

Sad3FcQ.jpg

And some fun from south GA this past week with fellow hide member @Alarka. Went 8 for 10 on a 12x20 plate at 300yds with cheap CCI SV. This shit is too much fun!

Last edited:
Anybody had both the spring and the timney. I have had 2 tikkas and done spring swap and thought they still sucked especially compared to the cz. Looking at Timney but the 2nd stage is a full pound.
When you say “still sucked” what do you mean? I’ve used Timney in other builds and quite frankly think that the Tikka trigger with a spring is at least as good (if not better) and much cheaper.

Toss one of my flat trigger shoes on there if you are in to that sort of thing.

HPIguy, have you weighed that set up. Thanks
Empty mag, and no can it's 13.3lbs with the steel stop, and 12.3lbs without. I'm probably going to ditch the steel stop as it's throwing balance off. And I think I added 6oz to the butt stock in lead sticky weights for balance.

Thank you for the update. It would be nice if they offered a heavy barrel from the factory, dreaming of course.

I've been wanting a 2-stage for the T1X, but after a few NRL22 matches I've gotten more confident with the single. It's definitely usable stock.

Finally got my Sterk bolt handle and shroud, so felt compelled to post my Tikka build.

Factory 16" barreled action
Mountain Tactical Trigger Spring
DIP trigger guard / bottom metal
DIP Mag bottom plates
Area 419 15MOA Rail
Sterk Bolt Handle
Sterk Bolt Shroud
Boyds Varmint Stock
IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3017.JPG
    IMG_3017.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I have a T1X, Bushnell Match Pro, and DIP 25MOA rail on the way. Doing the run around like a tool and attempt to find basic specifications of the items I bought so I can order rings. If anyone knows these specs offhand and wants to share, I would surely appreciate it!

Info I found so far:
  • DIP rail height is 7.1mm
  • Length of pull is 13.25"
Info I can't find:
  • Length of DIP rail
  • Tikka rail / top of receiver height to barrel at 5 or 6 or 7 cm from receiver
  • Outside diameter of the objective lens on the Match Pro

• Length of DIP rail ...About 145mm
  • Tikka rail / top of receiver height to barrel at 5 or 6 or 7 cm from receiver ...I'm getting about 8mm between the top of the DIP rail and the barrel. That's about 20mm out from the receiver
  • Outside diameter of the objective lens on the Match Pro ...Can't help here

• Love
Reactions: gtr2010
Scope bells are usually very thin, it's a 50mm objective, I'd say 52mm is a safe bet. But most just go off of objective size.

Scope bells are usually very thin, it's a 50mm objective, I'd say 52mm is a safe bet. But most just go off of objective size.
Hello! I think people assume that the inside diameter of the scope housing is equal to the objective lens size - it's not. Scope arrived today so I could finally measure it. Thickness of the scope housing itself was around .6 to .8 mm.

Bushnell Match Pro 50mm ObjectiveInchesmm
Scope OD with Bushnell Cap
2.46​
62.7​
Scope OD
2.26​
57.5​

Hello! I think people assume that the inside diameter of the scope housing is equal to the objective lens size - it's not. Scope arrived today so I could finally measure it. Thickness of the scope housing itself was around .6 to .8 mm.

Bushnell Match Pro 50mm ObjectiveInchesmm
Scope OD with Bushnell Cap
2.46​
62.7​
Scope OD
2.26​
57.5​

No I never though that, I know it's larger than the lens itself. I just didn't think it would be that much difference.

Reactions: gtr2010
I've been wanting a 22 LR for awhile to practice fundamentals, shooting small game, and to have a cheaper shooting option for target plinking. I was looking at the Ruger 10/22 for some time, but thought a bolt action would be better for having something as close as possible to my 700 and B-14 HMR... so I've been on the lookout for a T1X (seems like the best option out there at this price level), as I also would like my next hunting rifle to be a Tikka. Their actions are ridiculously smooth.

Anyhow, I managed to find one yesterday at my local Scheels! Pretty stoked and excited to take it to the range. I just ordered the Area 419 30 MOA rail, seems like a good option? I might throw a KRG Bravo on it eventually.

2021-11-22 21.49.12.jpeg

I've been wanting a 22 LR for awhile to practice fundamentals, shooting small game, and to have a cheaper shooting option for target plinking. I was looking at the Ruger 10/22 for some time, but thought a bolt action would be better for having something as close as possible to my 700 and B-14 HMR... so I've been on the lookout for a T1X (seems like the best option out there at this price level), as I also would like my next hunting rifle to be a Tikka. Their actions are ridiculously smooth.

Anyhow, I managed to find one yesterday at my local Scheels! Pretty stoked and excited to take it to the range. I just ordered the Area 419 30 MOA rail, seems like a good option? I might throw a KRG Bravo on it eventually.

View attachment 7746315
Area 419 makes a good tikka rail. Iv got a 15 for a t1. As long as your scope has the travel i think they are a top option for rails on any tikka.

Reactions: Rathmatik
On a different topic, has anyone heard of any left-handed T1X's landing in the states yet? I hate to keep nagging Euro-Optic with the question as I have been waiting for a year now.

Reactions: LeftyJason
On a different topic, has anyone heard of any left-handed T1X's landing in the states yet? I hate to keep nagging Euro-Optic with the question as I have been waiting for a year now.
Ive called them occasionally as well. Sorry I haven't heard anything either. Waiting to sell my 2 Savage mark 2's to get the t1x.

Iv seen 17s but no 22s

I bought a right hand T1x to hold me over tell the left hand ones showed up but now I'm thinking I should just buy the Bergara.

Last edited:
I got my Area 419 rail in earlier this week, it's a good fit and nice quality. Just took my T1X to the range for the first time yesterday, really like it so far! After sighting in at 25, then 50 yards, I was consistently getting nice groups like this using CCI Standard Velocity rounds.

1638547277813.png

Reactions: godofthunder
Which bergara? They say the only lefthanded ones they make aren't rimfire.

"B-14R Left-Handed
New for 2021 the .22 LR B-14R is now available in left-handed!"

"B-14R Left-Handed
New for 2021 the .22 LR B-14R is now available in left-handed!"
Cool.
They need to update this page.

I'm still waiting on the t1x since I already have my T3x.

20211203_171403.jpg

My .17hmr with a sterk bolt handle, area419 rail, and newly added bravo stock from their blem sale. I couldn't find a single blem on the stock so I'm very pleased. Sadly I won't have time to shoot it for a couple weeks. Something tells me I'll be getting a 16" .22lr to match.

Is that a QD cover on the forend...front sling/bipod mount? Looks slick.

ETA: If it is, where did you get it?
It's the magnetic plug for the spartan precision "gunsmith adapter" - which is the magnetic receptacle for the bipod.

Reactions: Cowpokey