• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

I had that issue with my very first magazine. In my case it was on me because I didn’t load the magazine properly. I wasn’t pushing the rounds all the way to the back of the magazine. Mine did exactly what you are showing. Try making sure you push the rounds as far to the rear of the magazine when you load them. I think if you do that it will fix your issue.

Thanks - I will try that. I plan on going to the range tomorrow morning to test SK Rifle, and SK Long Range, against SK + (what I'm using now). I hope it is as simple as that seating in loading the mags. I can be diligent - sometimes.

I shot a match Saturday - 46yards out to 234 yards - and I bet I had at least 4 miss feeds. Costly in time and rounds lost.

After you load the magazines you may want to try tapping them on the back of the magazine to fully seat the rounds to the back like you do with an AR15 magazine.

Reactions: Just Chuck
After you load the magazines you may want to try tapping them on the back of the magazine to fully seat the rounds to the back like you do with an AR15 magazine.

Just did quick bench test after loading - making sure all rounds were fully back, plus a couple of sharp raps on the palm of my hand to push rims back and NOT A JAM! Went through two mags perfectly. Anxious to try this out tomorrow.

Thank you Eoddave27!

Ha never knew that. I've been just making sure I load each round fully seated back. Good to know to just tapping it on the back of the magazine to seat it. Since I've been careful to seat them when loading, I haven't had a fail to load.

I think it is a solider trick. If you ever watch a solider load their M4 most of the time you will see them tap the magazine on their helmet to then insert the magazine. It seems to help to prevent a FTF on the first round if the round gets pushed forward when you pull it out of your mag pouch. I know it was so programmed into me I almost cracked myself in the head a few times at the range before I finally broke the habit and started tapping it on the bench. Does it really make a difference? I honestly don’t know but I have never had an issue chambering my first round so I will stick with what works.

Does anyone know if the t1x will fit in an Mpa t3 chassis? Thanks

You guys should watch out for magazines like this one on the far right. It has a weak spring and can't even hold the last round tight enough. This one gave me trouble and it was replaced free by Beretta. Mine was a last round feed issue though and different from what you guys are having.

Tikka 22 mags.jpg

Reactions: silentheart
That one on the right, can you tap and rap that round back in place? Never mind - you said it was replaced.

Buy more than 1 mag from Beretta and get 10% off. This is usually offered. Use code GA208 and get additional 20% off. They gave me free shipping but I think this is the norm. $25.20/mag + tax.

Reactions: Precisiondada
Buy more than 1 mag from Beretta and get 10% off. This is usually offered. Use code GA208 and get additional 20% off. They gave me free shipping but I think this is the norm. $25.20/mag + tax.

If you use the code MAGS25 right now it will give you 25% off. 2 magazines end up being $47.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
That one on the right, can you tap and rap that round back in place? Never mind - you said it was replaced.
You could push it up with your finger and it would fall back down into the position you see in the photo. The spring just wasn't strong enough for whatever reason.

I've never had to do any of my mags the way you guys are talking about as far as rapping the back against something. My ammo has always went to the back of the magazine just by insertion.

View attachment 7116445
Picked up mine today. I assumed the T1x and T3x were going to be the same length. Definitely a big improvement on the T1x. Undecided if I should change the CTR handle.
Glad they got to you, if you're wondering why the t1x and t3 swept ball handles appear different lengths - the t3 handle fits into the bolt body so you're losing length, the t1x handle fits on the little threaded boss on the side of the bolt which adds length.

@tevan0707 Shows it quite well with both t3 and t1x swept ball handle length on the same stock/chassis

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284
Good to know! I only installed a T1x handle over lunch. I am trying to come close to cloning my 6.5. So I guess I’ll throw one on it next. I sure like the feel of the T1x now. Nice work! ?

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Got to range to try some SK ammo. Still had some jams - trying find the right method of tapping the mags. Tapping real hard on the last few mags and it is helping. No conclusive results on ammo. My 200 yard groups were not worth even showing.
More range time needed- more work on 100-200 yards

Here's a side by side of the T1X and the T3X with Sterk. There are some slight differences, I noticed it when my finger was rubbing on the bottom of the Sterk knob only on the T3X, but never felt it once on the T1X. Also made me realize I wasn't gripping my hand/fingers perfectly horizontally back. I was slightly above the trigger the way I've been shooting (never paid attn) If I force my hand lower so my index finger is exactly parallel (the way it really should be pulling straight back) then it will slide right under the ball. The way I have been shooting is my finger touches the bottom left of the ball on the T3X, but it clears the T1X since the T1X swept handle is a little further out from the stock.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Pistol King Suppressed @ 100 yards. Unfortunately for me screwing up that last group. I was having a decent session too. At this point it looks like my SK+ for $5 a box is holding up to Pistol King. Probably a 10-15% tighter grouping of PK vs SK+, but at this point, not going to keep investing in $10/box.

CCI SV, at $2.25 a box, isn't bad, but I am avging 1.25-1.3" with it. So SK+ is a good 30% improvement. PK probably a 15% improvement over SK+

Here's a side by side of the T1X and the T3X with Sterk. There are some slight differences, I noticed it when my finger was rubbing on the bottom of the Sterk knob only on the T3X, but never felt it once on the T1X. Also made me realize I wasn't gripping my hand/fingers perfectly horizontally back. I was slightly above the trigger the way I've been shooting (never paid attn) If I force my hand lower so my index finger is exactly parallel (the way it really should be pulling straight back) then it will slide right under the ball. The way I have been shooting is my finger touches the bottom left of the ball on the T3X, but it clears the T1X since the T1X swept handle is a little further out from the stock.

View attachment 7116725

I found the same thing. I’m running the factory CTR stocks on both though. Love the Sterk on the T1x in the CTR stock, but my finger hits it on my T3x CTR. It also makes the bolt lift really easy with the added leverage it provides. Almost feels like it isn’t locking down because it lifts so easy. I took it back off because I think it could cause issues while hunting. A dedicated long range rifle in a chassis might be a good solution ?

I found the same thing. I’m running the factory CTR stocks on both though. Love the Sterk on the T1x in the CTR stock, but my finger hits it on my T3x CTR. It also makes the bolt lift really easy with the added leverage it provides. Almost feels like it isn’t locking down because it lifts so easy. I took it back off because I think it could cause issues while hunting. A dedicated long range rifle in a chassis might be a good solution ?
@5RWill haha some want it longer, some want it shorter!

• Haha
Reactions: 5RWill
Sterk swept handle is installed. Haven’t had a chance to shoot with it yet, but just running the bolt prone behind the gun in the basement I can already tell this is an excellent upgrade.

Paired with the KRG Bravo this puts the handle perfectly over top of your finger/hand. The stock handle you would have to move forward after the trigger pull to reach the bolt and operate it. Here its just a simple movement up to unlock. No more forward reach.

Great ergonomics, excellent fit and finish. Pretty smart installation method too with the adapter to get the handle onto the bolt.

Initial impressions are very positive from myself. I would highly recommend it as an upgrade to every T1X.

Sterk swept handle is installed. Haven’t had a chance to shoot with it yet, but just running the bolt prone behind the gun in the basement I can already tell this is an excellent upgrade.

Paired with the KRG Bravo this puts the handle perfectly over top of your finger/hand. The stock handle you would have to move forward after the trigger pull to reach the bolt and operate it. Here its just a simple movement up to unlock. No more forward reach.

Great ergonomics, excellent fit and finish. Pretty smart installation method too with the adapter to get the handle onto the bolt.

Initial impressions are very positive from myself. I would highly recommend it as an upgrade to every T1X.

View attachment 7117378

Our rifles are almost twinsies!

View attachment 7117378
Looking good and thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. Going to have to start a gallery of customer T1x's

Just picked up my Tikka T1x last one at bass pro guy didnt even know they carried it!

What do you guys think about mounting a Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical? I have read most of this thread looking at what rail and rings and it seems like DIP/Murphey/419 are all recommended.

Just picked up my Tikka T1x last one at bass pro guy didnt even know they carried it!

I had the exact same experience. "T1X? Nope, we have a T3X, never heard of a T1X."

Asked the guy to check the system and sure enough they had one left in stock.

I have the 419 rail and can highly recommend it. I'm sure all brands you mentioned are good.

I had the exact same experience. "T1X? Nope, we have a T3X, never heard of a T1X."

I have the 419 rail and can highly recommend it. I'm sure all brands you mentioned are good.
They didnt even have it on display..it was in the back..BTW Gig EM'

What do you guys think about mounting a Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical? I have read most of this thread looking at what rail and rings and it seems like DIP/Murphey/419 are all recommended.

I'd say the Diamondback Tactical would be just fine. I'm a huge Vortex fan and have a total of 9 Vortex optics. I still think the best deal out there right now is the one on Eurooptic. They have the 4-24x50 Strike Eagle for $299. I have 3 of those and 1 Strike Eagle 3-18x44.

I'd say the Diamondback Tactical would be just fine. I'm a huge Vortex fan and have a total of 9 Vortex optics. I still think the best deal out there right now is the one on Eurooptic. They have the 4-24x50 Strike Eagle for $299. I have 3 of those and 1 Strike Eagle 3-18x44.

What grip is that?

I will go with the the 419 30moa rail and the Diamond back tactical..what rings do you recommend.

I will go with the the 419 30moa rail and the Diamond back tactical..what rings do you recommend.

I'd go with rings 0.9" high if you want the scope to be as close to the barrel. I have the Athlon Ares BTR which is 2.3" diameter vs 2.25" diameter on the Diamondback.

Get the Vortex Pro 30mm Rings .9" high.

Use the 12% coupon code.

Same experience here. Picked one up at Bass Pro. Rifle was in the back and they didn't know it existed until I told them their inventory online showed they had it in stock. Both locations near me had one in stock so I'm guessing most Bass Pros got one rifle delivered.

Reactions: mabesb
I have used a little bit of everything over the years and I guess my favorite would be Burris Signature Series. They can be used with the Picatinny or Weaver base and the offsets let you adjust the MOA for both elevation and windage and the inserts will eliminated ring marks. It's a combination that's really hard to beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: mabesb