• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

A bold and dubious idea, you may want to give a call to Beretta/Tikka and see if they would be so kind to tell you any details about when was the last batch of such specific rifles sent out, is there one coming and so on. These being a product they probably make a batch every full moon combined with eager to be happy customer may result in someone at the corpo being extra helpful. 95% sure they won't tell you a thing but who knows...

• Haha
Reactions: LeftyJason
A bold and dubious idea, you may want to give a call to Beretta/Tikka and see if they would be so kind to tell you any details about when was the last batch of such specific rifles sent out, is there one coming and so on. These being a product they probably make a batch every full moon combined with eager to be happy customer may result in someone at the corpo being extra helpful. 95% sure they won't tell you a thing but who knows...
Might depend on who you get, and how your local Beretta rolls ...

I was after an obscure part a few years back, the kind of thing that no shop would just keep in stock. Phoned Beretta; fella I spoke to personally dropped it around to my preferred shop the very next day ...

Got the T1x set up with a T3x OEM stock and enhanced pistol grip. The rings that worked for the scope's 50mm objective and still room for caps were the EGW HD lows (0.850" from pic rail top to centerline). With the 3/8" pad in the stock comb kit, it gives a good cheek weld.

Question on torque values for the action screws. The generic Tikka manual says up to 44 in/lbs front/rear for plastic stocks. Seeing some online discussion, decided to start with 35 front, 40 rear. Has anyone found optimal torque values, or is it just different per rifle/ammo?

t1x.jpg

The general consensus on Torque values with the shoehorn in is right around 30 in/lbs. Other rifles that have the shoehorn taken out appear to have a wide variance in the torque value they appear like.
I just started at 10 in/lbs and worked my way up in 2.5 in/lb increments. One rifle shot best at 30 in/lbs, another at 20 in/lbs - both with the shoehorn in.
Oddly enough, on the 30 in/lb rifle there appears to be 2 settings that improve the accuracy, one at 17.5 in/lbs and then at 30 in/lbs.

Reactions: keenedge
^Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I'll back off the torque values I used and start at 30/30, work up or down from there.

I took my shoe horn out last week and shot with out at 30in lbs and did not see any improvement in accuracy. I have put it back in and hope to get back out this weekend. What is everybody else seeing, shoehorn or no shoehorn?

Okay I will bite. What is a "shoehorn". Maybe the plastic recoil lug?? If so, how do you remove it as mine is in there really tight. I have a metal lug from Mountain Tactical that I would like to try if I could get the plastic one out. Has anyone noticed improved accuracy with a metal recoil lug?

ID
This is what I am referring to as the shoehorn. One could have the idea that this is how tikka is sort of bedding the action or take it out and freefloat the whole thing, similar to it being installed in a chassis. I removed to screw with a T25 tourqes bit and it came out fairly easy. My recoil lug is factory and it is metal as well.

Attachments

• 20230116_183011.jpg
    20230116_183011.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 145
As @Gray shooter showed in his picture in front of the recoil lug. When removed it looks like a shoehorn.
FWIW not heard of accuracy improvements on a T1x from replacing the lug. Improvements on removing the shoehorn seem to be mixed.

Reactions: Gray shooter
I took my shoe horn out last week and shot with out at 30in lbs and did not see any improvement in accuracy. I have put it back in and hope to get back out this weekend. What is everybody else seeing, shoehorn or no shoehorn?
I saw reduced accuracy when I removed the shoehorn from one of my rifles. It went from shooting 1 moa at 100 to 2 moa. Put it back in. The shoehorn has a barrel pressure point at the front which is why I believe experimenting to find the best action screw torque settings is critical.

Reactions: *rim-star*
T1x inbound, getting a deal on a Strike Eagle 5x25x56 that i cant pass up.
I am thinking A419 30moa rail and then for rings??? Not sure what height i need. MDT elite possibly med?

Reactions: LooseGoose
Nice on 30moa, I run 50moa on mine, and I need it for the longer shots

The 1in or close should really do the trick. I find the Arken medium rings are good value, and hold well on the 22.

Reactions: Hoggr9
Current state of business. T1X MTR 20", DIP 25MOA rail with 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical on top, pistol grip, cheep UTG bipod, cheek rest riser, home printed 20mm stock extender and flat mag base plate. First rifle to take me to sub moa at 100 yards, I'm actually surprised how much I enjoy it. I'll probably end up swapping the bolt handle and adding compensator just for looks down the road.
20230121_141249.jpg

20230121_141307.jpg

Current state of business. T1X MTR 20", DIP 25MOA rail with 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical on top, pistol grip, cheep UTG bipod, cheek rest riser, home printed 20mm stock extender and flat mag base plate. First rifle to take me to sub moa at 100 yards, I'm actually surprised how much I enjoy it. I'll probably end up swapping the bolt handle and adding compensator just for looks down the road.
View attachment 8053823

View attachment 8053824
Mmmmmmmmm, peanut M&Ms

Anyone running an MDT xrs stock on t1x?
I am.
It's a good solution to the factory stock that doesn't fit, no cheek riser, etc. but it's probably not any better than a KRG Bravo.
I have it setup for NRL22 right now and it works. I'll look at upgrading to an MPA chassis to keep up with the Vudoo guys

What are your thoughts on that B&C stock, DRAGON64? I’ve considered the similar one for a T3 CTR.
I own the Bravo on a Rem 700, and it works well as designed, especially with all of the accessorie options a Bravo chassis can provide. But the Bell & Carlson is an excellent solid stock as well, with a fair amount of heft, I really like it. With the flat bottom forearm, I believe a plate of some kind might work well.

ID
This is what I am referring to as the shoehorn. One could have the idea that this is how tikka is sort of bedding the action or take it out and freefloat the whole thing, similar to it being installed in a chassis. I removed to screw with a T25 tourqes bit and it came out fairly easy. My recoil lug is factory and it is metal as well.
When you remove the shoehorn it causes the stock to flex more and causes a pressure point, simply installing/removing mine causes a 3" POI change at 50 yards and makes stock bolt torque critical.

Hello! Just got my t1x and outfitted with new parts and I’m going to start ammo testing. Someone told me not to shoot groups with a suppressor attached with a 22. I have never heard of this. Is there any truth to this? Also for convenience purposes I went with an Mcarbo trigger spring. I don’t see much talk about them in the 22 world but we will see how it does

Attachments

• 7B58DC97-A21C-414F-9977-CEE1F15E44FA.jpeg
    7B58DC97-A21C-414F-9977-CEE1F15E44FA.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: DRAGON64
Hello! Just got my t1x and outfitted with new parts and I’m going to start ammo testing. Someone told me not to shoot groups with a suppressor attached with a 22. I have never heard of this. Is there any truth to this? Also for convenience purposes I went with an Mcarbo trigger spring. I don’t see much talk about them in the 22 world but we will see how it does

Zero it with the can, it'll be fine. The extra weight out front will change the barrel harmonics and you'll probably have a poi shift if you shoot without it. It's not a bad idea to shoot with and without to see what happens, then go with what groups better. Cans are more "fun" than function for .22LR imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPN
Zero it the can, it'll be fine. The extra weight out front will change the barrel harmonics and you'll probably have a poi shift if you shoot without it. It's not a bad idea to shoot with and without to see what happens, then go with what groups better. Cans are more "fun" than function for .22LR imo.
Ya I will give it a try with and without suppressor. What is typical poi shift with a 22? My nomad 30 on my ruger American was about 4”

Ya I will give it a try with and without suppressor. What is typical poi shift with a 22? My nomad 30 on my ruger American was about 4”
Hard to say. It'll depend on barrel length, contour, and can weight. Probably some other factors too but I don't know them. I always shoot with the can because accuracy is has been acceptable so why not?

I have an Arken EP5 arriving this week, does anyone have one sitting on a A419 30moa rail? I'm trying to figure out the minimum ring height I'll need as a starting point. Unfortunately not in a position to buy several heights at once and return the ones I don't use. Thanks.

I have an Arken EP5 arriving this week, does anyone have one sitting on a A419 30moa rail? I'm trying to figure out the minimum ring height I'll need as a starting point. Unfortunately not in a position to buy several heights at once and return the ones I don't use. Thanks.
You will need something like the Arken mediums @ 1.26" or around there with the lenses caps. The lows will not work. I have the MDT 1.25" on mine with the A419 30moa rail. I probably could have gone a bit lower but I didn't want to chance it and like you I am not fond of buying/trying several sets of rings at once.

Last edited:
If anyone needs firing pins, BoreBuddy is producing them:

Finally grabbed a T1X .22LR!!!! Been wanting one since ‘18!

Had wanted the 16” and run a suppressor, but my lazy rear end hasn’t bought a .22 can yet, and the 20” felt way better in my hands than the 16”, so went 20”.

Haven’t shot it yet, but so far like it way better than the RAR I had. Much stiffer stock, better ergos, more mass without being too heavy.

Will likely start with a 419 30moa rail. Have a Athlon Talos 4-14x44 sitting in Warne lows (don’t THINK I’ll have a problem there). Grab a trigger spring of some sort, but will likely only take it down to 24oz or so.

I like the idea of the add-on Vert Grip and add-on fat forend. It seems like it’d be fairly easy to add/remove weight fore and aft to go from match toy (nothing too serious)to precision squirrel genocide. If I like it as well as I think, I’ll likely do that, DIP bolt knob, paint job, and sundry other bells and whistles.

Can’t wait!!!

Reactions: LeftyJason
Finally grabbed a T1X .22LR!!!! Been wanting one since ‘18!

Had wanted the 16” and run a suppressor, but my lazy rear end hasn’t bought a .22 can yet, and the 20” felt way better in my hands than the 16”, so went 20”.

Haven’t shot it yet, but so far like it way better than the RAR I had. Much stiffer stock, better ergos, more mass without being too heavy.

Will likely start with a 419 30moa rail. Have a Athlon Talos 4-14x44 sitting in Warne lows (don’t THINK I’ll have a problem there). Grab a trigger spring of some sort, but will likely only take it down to 24oz or so.

I like the idea of the add-on Vert Grip and add-on fat forend. It seems like it’d be fairly easy to add/remove weight fore and aft to go from match toy (nothing too serious)to precision squirrel genocide. If I like it as well as I think, I’ll likely do that, DIP bolt knob, paint job, and sundry other bells and whistles.

Can’t wait!!!
Try backing off the trigger spring first. I got mine down to 1.5 lb.

Mike

Should I remove the weird spacer thing in the factory stock that seems to support the barrel near the action?

Should I remove the weird spacer thing in the factory stock that seems to support the barrel near the action?
I don't think there is a consesnsus that this is necessary. Had no noticeable improvement AFAIK. If you swap out to a KRG or soemthing you will free float the barell for sure 100% in that setup, and again, I don't think there is evidence of accuracy improvements. Likewise, I don't think there is a consesnsus that removing it hurts either...seems like you just have to try it out in your own setup...and just make a call if you like it better.

I shot it as it came from the factory, and it's doing pretty great so I'll probably just leave it. Just curious why it's not truly free floated to begin with.

T1X in a MDT XRS; shoots really well at 50 with norma match ammo. Question; I've got the trigger down to about 1.5lbs and I'm having trouble with it resetting here and there; does it need to be pushed back up to about 2lbs to be reliable in reset? Am I looking at an aftermarket spring or adjustment to keep it reliable at 1.5? Is there a specific way or force that I should be pushing on the bolt handle to make sure that it does reset every time?
Se0BqhV.jpg

EjqZaBZ.jpg

Reactions: zeke06
That is just the sear in your particular trigger. Not all the triggers can be adjusted to the same setting. You will have to adjust it up bit by bit until it functions properly. I would bump test it as I go.

That is just the sear in your particular trigger. Not all the triggers can be adjusted to the same setting. You will have to adjust it up bit by bit until it functions properly. I would bump test it as I go.
Bump test it? What's this?

Bump test it? What's this?
Adjust the trigger to where you think it is functioning correctly. Put the action back in the stock. Close the bolt. DO NOT USE ANY LIVE AMMO.
Hold the rifle vertical. Bang the butt pad on the floor a few times. If the sear lets go on its own go back and readjust higher.
If it can't pass the bump test it is not safe to use.

Finally got mine to the range yesterday. Talos 4-14, 419 30moa rail.
Trigger screw was only 3/4 of a turn from the stop, so I let it be. Tolerable for now, will likely pitch a spring in it later.
Will likely upgrade bolt handle, new grip, and wide forend later on.
Really does need a spacer and a pad. I’ve got arms like a chimpanzee and I feel like a monkey screwing a football on this thing.
Fed/ejected so soft and smooth I thought it had missed rounds early on. You do have to yerk on the bolt pretty good to get brass clear.
Sweet rifle. Way easier to drive than the Ruger American I had.
Groups were shot with the sun in my face and no rear rest, so don’t be too rough on me.
That was my last 10 rounds of Eley Contact😢
D4DBA574-6F0B-4B12-A248-36FFEC70633B.jpeg

Attachments

• DDA43D0E-CA37-491C-B1F1-09E525DC7F68.jpeg
    DDA43D0E-CA37-491C-B1F1-09E525DC7F68.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 104