• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Hmmm....looks kind of squared...like a TRG/CTR Mag footprint.

I have one T3X CTR stock in the work, so i can test, that will it go in of the normal Tikka stock.
In CTR i think it goes just like that, but those Tikka rifles that use plastic magazine, that mag well that T1X use, it might need a minor dremeling.
But let´s see if i got time to do the fitting test for the CTR stock.

Looking forward to more people getting their hands on these. This T1X will most likely be my next 22lr rifle. Can't wait for some good accuracy reports.

I just remembered that i took this picture with T1X and Wild Boar rifle.
This stock use CTR bottom metal and magazine, so T1X with CTR stock will look this.

Dino if you get a chance try the A17 ammo if you can get it. I had an Anschutz 1416 that would shoot 2-3 inch groups at 100. I shot 5 diffrent ammo's and was not going to shoot the A17. I tried it as a flyer and it shot the best groups by far. Under a 1/2 inch.

I ordered mine in April ... do these recent posts mean "The Trucks Are Rolling" ... and mine will be here soon ??

I just remembered that i took this picture with T1X and Wild Boar rifle.
This stock use CTR bottom metal and magazine, so T1X with CTR stock will look this.

Viking,

Since you are one of the few that actually has had your hands on these and I have seen you with some KRG stuff, any chance you could slap the T1X in a KRG bravo or similar and see how the mag well and mag work in an AICS bottom metal type of footprint?

Thanks

I had some photos here, just like you want now.
But here´s those pictures one more time.
t1xbravo.jpg
t1xbravo2.jpg
t1xbravo3.jpg

I had some photos here, just like you want now.
But here´s those pictures one more time.

Is that a KRG Xray? If it is, I may have to get the T1x....

Thanks for posting information about the mysterious T1x.

The T1X magwell is bolted to the action,so it's difficult to see from Viking's last shots,go back a couple of pages & you'll see more of Viking's pic's & all will become much clearer.
The way I see it( & I stand to be corrected) is the mag release/retention lever for the T1X is in contact with the trigger guard assembly.
All we need is the wonderful boffins from KRG (hint,hint) to develop an add on or new magwell design to accomodate this fact & I predict they'll have a multitude of customers screaming "shut up & take my money".
I'll definitely be laying down Charlie Ash for one.

Magwell attached to the action, it does not fit in the AICS magazined action stocks.
I have tryed T1X to KRG Bravo and MDT ESS chassis.
There must be a magazine it´s own for T1X if you use AICS magazined chassis.

Reactions: richthe1
Apparently Dolphin Modular chassis will work. KRG Bravo will not (without modification)

There is no room in the chassis for the screw head that holds the magazine well. Maybe it would work to mill it out a bit.

(Read this on another forum)

I got my hands of the 16" 22LR model today, boy that is a sweetie.
Who want´s to see, how it looks if it would be moutend to KRG Bravo chassis?
Would love to see some pics in the factory stock and what are your impressions on the rifle.

With this 16" barrel, this T1X 22LR is something i would really want buy, really nice rimfire.
Here is the picture with the factory stock, and what the magazine attached look in the chamber area.
t1x4.jpg
t1x3.jpg

AND a teaser, what it might look if you drop this 16" in to a Bravo chassis.
t1x.jpg
t1x2.jpg

Reactions: Stickshift
With this 16" barrel, this T1X 22LR is something i would really want buy, really nice rimfire.
Here is the picture with the factory stock, and what the magazine attached look in the chamber area.
View attachment 6953886

AND a teaser, what it might look if you drop this 16" in to a Bravo chassis.
View attachment 6953888

How close is it to fitting in the bravo? Is it just in need of some sort of magwell adapter?

Same a 17HMR is.
You need a magazine for this AICS chassis, at this moment, there is none yet who has done it for this Tikka T1X rifle.
I do think that none of those 22LR AICS magazines work in T1X, because the feeding in not the same section, as it is in this 2LLR AICS magazine.
https://www.milehighshooting.com/vudoo-gun-works-22lr-magazine-10-round-aics/

T1X will need magzine of it´s own, or adapter, that would feed from the factory magazine.
But if you use chassis, that use factory, plastic bottom metal, or CTR metal this trouble is not there, only AICS magazine chassis has the magazine issue.
Let´s see who has the first Tikka T1X AICS magazine.

Last edited:
Does this mean they are indeed state side.

Email from Whittakers:

Good afternoon all,

I have just received a little information about the Tikka T1x 17hmr’s. I have confirmed that they are in the United States!! I don’t think they have made their way through customs yet, but will be soon. I was told the current projection is to have the first shipment go out by the end of this month. However, I do not know how many are here, we are hoping for a sizeable amount.

As for the 22LR, unfortunately, we do not have any new information on those. Beretta USA either doesn’t have much information on these, or they are holding it tight to the cuff. I am still trying regularly to pry any information I can out of them. I know many of you are getting pretty frustrated and tired of waiting, and we are too.

We are still offering refunds for those who decide to stop waiting, but we are hoping we are on the tail end of the waiting game, but then again, we really don’t know due to lack of information. There are some of you on this email that have already canceled but I kept you on the chain to share any updates with you as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for being patient!!

Thanks
Eric

Email from Whittakers:

Good afternoon all,

I have just received a little information about the Tikka T1x 17hmr’s. I have confirmed that they are in the United States!! I don’t think they have made their way through customs yet, but will be soon. I was told the current projection is to have the first shipment go out by the end of this month. However, I do not know how many are here, we are hoping for a sizeable amount.

As for the 22LR, unfortunately, we do not have any new information on those. Beretta USA either doesn’t have much information on these, or they are holding it tight to the cuff. I am still trying regularly to pry any information I can out of them. I know many of you are getting pretty frustrated and tired of waiting, and we are too.

We are still offering refunds for those who decide to stop waiting, but we are hoping we are on the tail end of the waiting game, but then again, we really don’t know due to lack of information. There are some of you on this email that have already canceled but I kept you on the chain to share any updates with you as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for being patient!!

Thanks
Eric

Yeah.... strongly tempted to cancel my order and put the money towards something else. I already have a CZ-455 Varmint in order through Buds.

I would say, that end of this year, there will be 22LR T1X too in the US.
And the option list for T1X will be a lot wider than it is in CZ-455, which is a nice rifle, but Tikka is better, superd trigger, stock list is also big, so keep on waiting guys, you will receive your guns.(y)

I cancelled my Whitaker order too and put the money on a Steyr Zephyr II. The Zephyr II is nice and I'm happy with it.

I'm looking forward to the 16" version of the 22 LR - will buy one as soon as it is available. It's hard to hold off on buying a CZ 455 because they are quality guns.

I'm sure most of you folks have safes full of rifles, but while you wait you can pick up an inexpensive Ruger American Predator Rimfire in 22 LR.

I have one for my daughter. It shoots very well and is a lot of fun. When training her for hunting season I keep the factory stock on there because it mimics her hunting rifle almost exactly. In the off season, I have a Boyd's pro-varmint stock for it so she can shoot steel etc. with a more ergonomic stock.

Guys, do not give up!
You will love the T1X when you receive it, it is worth the waiting.
Think about the opportunity what it gives you, if you already have a Tikka T3/X rifle, wide variety of plinker tuning chassis, and you have same trigger
in both of you guns, and the price, you wont get this good rifle anywhere at this price tag.
And if you do not own Tikka before, this might give you the countdown to get other Tikka rifles.
I am buying 16" 22LR too, but only next year, money is tight at the moment, i just made 10 000$ cesspit renovation.

Reactions: IronOperator87
I will get one 6 month after wild sighting in US. In the meantime, I am saving my money for something else.

Guys, do not give up!
You will love the T1X when you receive it, it is worth the waiting.
Think about the opportunity what it gives you, if you already have a Tikka T3/X rifle, wide variety of plinker tuning chassis, and you have same trigger
in both of you guns, and the price, you wont get this good rifle anywhere at this price tag.
And if you do not own Tikka before, this might give you the countdown to get other Tikka rifles.
I am buying 16" 22LR too, but only next year, money is tight at the moment, i just made 10 000$ cesspit renovation.

I'm sure I'll get one, and I know it's worth the wait. I think here in the US we're still waiting what? 7-8 months past when they said they would deliver? There must have been something majorly wrong with it, or they don't want to make money hand over fist.

I do most all of my .22 shooting in the summer, and they delayed too long for this summer. I don't see the need to buy one now until maybe April.

The T1x has everything I'm looking for in a .22 rifle, they just need to let us have it!

Dave

I am 100% sure that you guys in US do not need to wait 6 month, to get your rifles.
I do know that this rifle has been ordered over 20 000 unit global, so US customers are one really big part of that, so i am sure, that in the next few months, there will be 22LR T1X rifles, since in Finland we did get the 20" 22LR rifles over a month ago and no there are 16" 22LR rifles, so i bet that the container is coming to US any days now, this is what i hope.
You guys do the the best tuning on any rifle, so i am kind of keen to see, what kind of masterpieces you are doing of T1X rifles:cool:

I came real close to plunking down the $$ months ago when I first heard about these. It's not usual for me but for some reason I held off. Winter is about here now and I'm shooting the big rigs but you can betcha I'll have one of these come spring, if they are here..... Thank you to the guys who have kept us updated with the latest.

I am 100% sure that you guys in US do not need to wait 6 month, to get your rifles.
I do know that this rifle has been ordered over 20 000 unit global, so US customers are one really big part of that, so i am sure, that in the next few months, there will be 22LR T1X rifles, since in Finland we did get the 20" 22LR rifles over a month ago and no there are 16" 22LR rifles, so i bet that the container is coming to US any days now, this is what i hope.
You guys do the the best tuning on any rifle, so i am kind of keen to see, what kind of masterpieces you are doing of T1X rifles:cool:

Any reports over there on how they are shooting?

Both are shooting great, 17HMR seems to like CCI fmj and 22LR works superd accurate with SK rifle match ammo, which is very good ammo by the way.

Both are shooting great, 17HMR seems to like CCI fmj and 22LR works superd accurate with SK rifle match ammo, which is very good ammo by the way.

Can you show some groups at 50 yards (45 meters I think????) Something like the 6x5 thread would be great to see what this gun is capable of.

Thanks

I will get one after 3 month official wide sighting in US. I like to get a little more review from our members here first. More info the merrier. Thanks Gus.