• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

They got 9 22 rifles in today also
I just noticed the email from them. I pre-ordered one thinking it would be 6 months before they came in. Interesting development.

I'm getting it as a walk-around small game rifle since I already have a Vudoo for precision work. I'm sure it'll be a handy little package.

Last edited:
I got one also and a DIP rail. Now just need KRG to speed it up. I was contemplating on a Vudoo also but the groups I’m seeing with these and now having aftermarket parts made me want to go this route. Hopefully I won’t regret it.

I got one also and a DIP rail. Now just need KRG to speed it up. I was contemplating on a Vudoo also but the groups I’m seeing with these and now having aftermarket parts made me want to go this route. Hopefully I won’t regret it.
jsthntn, how high is the DIP rail over the bbl? I ask because I want to mount a scope with 30mm body and 50mm objective. If you are using a 30 mm scope body, what height rings did you use?

Thanks

Is there a certain type of ammo shooting best in these? I got some wolf match extra, target, Norma target, and Eley to try

Is there a certain type of ammo shooting best in these? I got some wolf match extra, target, Norma target, and Eley to try
only shot a few hundred from mine but CCI standard velocity is doing well

jsthntn, how high is the DIP rail over the bbl? I ask because I want to mount a scope with 30mm body and 50mm objective. If you are using a 30 mm scope body, what height rings did you use?

Thanks

PM me and I’ll send you some photos of mine. I have the DIP rail with Athlon Midas Tac on mine. Using 30mm vortex lows (PMR’s) which are around... 0.87, if I remember correctly.

I was wonder about the free float too. But with less than 500 rounds with mine so far - I'm not wanting to fix what aint' broke. I'll be interested to see what y'all find with a free float, though.

So I set out to see what my T1X and my 10-22 shot well together, so I can just buy 10-20k rounds of it. These are the results. This was shot not cleaning the gun. The gun is a stock T1x with the trigger turned down to 2.00 even, All of this was shot at 50 yards, with the exception of the target that shows 100 yards on it. 100 yards was CCI standard The scope was a Burris xtr2 5-25 and a Huntertown arms suppressor was used on all shots. I was using a Hoppes front rest and it was not ideal and a sandbag in the back. Oh, and I have a DIP 25moa rail. It worked well.

Last edited:
Got my DIP 25 moa scope base, exactly 1 week after placing order.

Next on the acquisition trail is to get 2 more magazines.

But I now have all I need to get the rifle working.

Are your guys referring to the KRG bravo for the tikka? And has timney already started making triggers?

Are your guys referring to the KRG bravo for the tikka? And has timney already started making triggers?

looking at manual and parts diagrams the part number for the t1x and t3x triggers is the same and stocks are the same. I would expect that the existing t3x timmy trigger would fit but have not seen any one attempt to swap it out.

I've dropped the 1lb spring into all my tikka triggers. It has to be the single best $10 upgrade I've ever done. they're all clean and handle the drop test just fine. I see no reason to spend that money on a timney when the pull is no lighter, only a 2 stage.

Reactions: 260284
Which spring did you use? I just picked my rifle up Saturday and adjusted the trigger down but would like to try a lighter spring. That factory stock is crazy light too! I can't wait to get a chassis to add some better adjustibility and weight.

there are a number of places you can get the spring, I use the elayprecision off Ebay. seems to work just fine

Finally got it put together far enough to be able to zero it. Ordered it in early April, now it is early Feb ... so 10 months. That's a looong time ... but not my record ... (Barrett is my record took 17 months to get to shoot that ... five months to get the rifle and another 12 months to get the suppressor ... )

46074263855_87655a1072_h.jpg

I can't wait for KRG and a Tmney 2 stage trigger.

If you don't find a bargain priced Timney 2 stage, Barnard also makes Tikka Triggers, I have found Barnard to be right up there with Anschutz 5018's as far as low weights, adjust-ability, and feel unfortunately like anschutz's the drawback is price............

Has anyone tried the spuhr mount for accuracy international on their T1 yet? Both have 11mm dovetail but i wonder if it will fit.

Brownells is having a 10% off sale and allowing preorder on T1s. Ordered last night with the promo code -total shipped was $431. Hopefully now that they are arriving in the US and the big wait is over, the preorder wait won’t be too bad.

Does anyone know when the next batch is due to arrive? I have one on order through my dealer and get gets through RSR.

Thanks

That Bravo KRG chassis looks nice. Thanks for posting the 6.5 Guys video.

I received two 10 round mags yesterday from Euro Optics - I ordered them last Thrusday 1-31, and they came on Monday. They were really tight - took a good deal force to pack the 10th round in the new mags.

Reactions: 17rupert
That' a good price, Pepper. I paid $469...but off the shelf at Scheels. So there's a bit of a trade off.

If you don't find a bargain priced Timney 2 stage, Barnard also makes Tikka Triggers, I have found Barnard to be right up there with Anschutz 5018's as far as low weights, adjust-ability, and feel unfortunately like anschutz's the drawback is price............
KRG makes and sells a 2 stage fully adjustable trigger for the Tikka... Have a look
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/midas-trigger/

Last edited:
Here’s my T1x in 22lr. I put it in a GRS Berserk stock. Dropped right in. I’m really impressed with how comfortable the Berserk is. The atlas is just sitting there. I have a rail and mounting screws inbound. I could’ve just put a Harris on the sling stud, but I had the atlas laying around so it made sense to buy a rail. The scope rail is a DIP 25 moa rail and ARC 30mm rings in xtra low, .79”. The scope is an Atlhlon Midas Tac. The only other “mod” I did is installed a Yo Dave t3x trigger spring. Definitely made it lighter. I need to get ahold of a trigger pull gauge to know what it’s at. Hoping to get to the range this Friday. It’s been really cold and shitty the last few weeks.
692635C6-859A-412F-B0FC-49567B4F51D8.jpeg

Nice ChadL, that looks just like my 260 PRS rifle. The berserk is the most comfortable stock that I've ever used. If you haven't used it much yet, you'll like it more every time you get behind it.

I didn't weight mine, but according to the GRS website the Berserk weighs just over 3#s.

Nice ChadL, that looks just like my 260 PRS rifle. The berserk is the most comfortable stock that I've ever used. If you haven't used it much yet, you'll like it more every time you get behind it.

How is your stock holding up to PRS use?
I can tell I'm really going to like it. I watched a lot of vids about the stock prior to purchase and was on the fence regarding the hand position. Glad I took a chance because I really really like the hand position. Their laminate stocks are gorgeous. Thinking about getting one of those for a different rifle of mine.

So far so good, just added a 6" pic rail to the forend. really wish the forend was reinforced, has a lot of flex in it. but..... I don't bear down and twist it a lot, so it's not much of an issue. I added a strip of steel to the inside of the forend that I glued in with JB and then bolted through to hold the rail, very solid addition. Ran it prone Sunday, worked just fine.