• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Took the new LE6940 with ACOG to break it in

TheLion

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Good morning peoples!

I'm quite excited, I picked up a Colt LE6940 yesterday and smacked a brand new ACOG on it and headed to the range to get it zero'd in at 100 yards. I've never used an ACOG before and must admit I really like it. As for the rifle...Hell to the yeah! Loved it. Not a single complaint about it and it fired flawlessly.

My results

IMG_0455_zps43ddf26c.jpg

It took me quite a few rounds to get it zero'd in and I moved the ACOG's position on my rail once, and had to zero it again. So you are seeing quite a few errant rounds that wouldn't normally be there but I left them instead of putting up a new paper to show how close to zero it was out of the box, even after moving it's position after initially tightening it (the paper behind my paper was already up and I just left it until I pulled my target at the end). It performed much better out of the box than my Nikon M223 that I have on my other rifle. After a few more trips to the range I'm sure I'll get even better, but so far so good! I ran out of time yesterday due to days getting shorter to keep at it.

Not as good as most of you guys, but I'll get there
smile.gif

I used 62gr PMC-Xtac

Re: Took the new LE6940 with ACOG to break it in

awesome, my first AR was a Colt---still have that barrel! what else you have planned for it? I have one ACOB but could use 4 more

My 6940 will hold a 3/4" group @ 100 with my Sie 69gr handloads & a 1.5X5 Leu scope. I can live with that. With Fed AE 55gr FMJ it open's up to just under 1 1/2"

I've got four 6940's.

Light.

Rails everywhere.

Parts are cheap.

Eats anything.

Idiot resistant (I need that last feature)

Shoots 1.5" groups, even with M855.

Love the fold down front sight/rear sight.

Did I mention mine eats anything.

If we were playing poker, I'd say "Colts or better, to open".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of ACOG? </div></div>

TA31F

IMG_0456_zps143b8e32.jpg

IMG_0457_zpsf20aaf91.jpg

Looking pretty. I like the TA31F reticle as it doesn't obscure the target much, good for observation/PID