• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing TRG Spigot Idea

Mead

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Wyoming
Obviously, it is better to develop better technique than to use equipment as a handicap. This however, it a simple little improvement to the TRG spigot that may help reduce bipod jump, for larger caliber or for people having trouble loading the bipod properly.

Basically, this just turns the spigot into a little shock absorber, with 10mm of travel. The nice thing about it is that it won't affect normal bipod loading, and should just help minimize bipod jump from recoil. I didn't model the springs, because I'm a SketchUp noob, but hopefully you get the idea.

The section with the pic rail is free to stay static at the section that fits in the spigot recoils. Springs could be adjusted for stiffness based on the level of recoil from different calibers.

Also, I used the TRG spigot because there is more room for springs and pistons, but the AI spigot could be adapted to work with this design.

These are just the first renderings, anyone is welcome to use them. I hope to get back home so I can make a prototype soon.
Tell me what you think! May be overkill but I like to tinker.

Above:
trgspigot_above.jpg

Top:
trgspigot_top.jpg

Side:
trgspigot_side.jpg

Bottom:
trgspigot_bottom.jpg