• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Trigger Job?

Steve1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2014
Montana
I've got several Remington 700's. A while back I took the trigger assemblies off and mailed them to a guy and had them adjusted. They came back with a wonderful pull. I can't recall the guy's address.....

I thought I had my 300 W. M. done too but it is definitely a lot more pull than my other rifles, so this is one that needs adjustment. I'd like about a three pound pull. Does anyone know the number, address, or web mail of a good gunsmith. That was sure handy just to mail off trigger mechanism. I'm getting to where I can't stand a bad trigger.

I've thought about adjusting it myself.....but the last time I did that, things didn't turn out well.....

You could send them in on the Remington Recall and get them screwed up even more. Just kidding. Wish I knew someone to help you.

The last time I had several adjusted, I found a guy on e-bay who advertised....trigger jobs. I took a chance sending them to him, but they came back just about perfect....

All you have to do is find the lower screw on the front of the trigger, take the nail polish off and turn it out 3/4 of a turn, you should be right around 2 1/4lbs, if you get any creep after that adjustment turning in ever so slightly the single screw on the back of the trigger will get rid of the creep, then you MUST do all the tests to see if it's safe, slam the bolt shut as fast as you can doing this several times, cocking the rifle and dropping it on the floor but first, of course. If it's safe cover those screws with nail polish and your done. PM me if you have any ???????s.

Don't know if Iron Brigade Armory is still doing these, but they did an outstanding job on mine bout 10 years ago. Still 3lbs 10oz. on my pull guage, but feels to me more like 2 1/2. I've never tried a jewel before, but it's better than my Timney. Nobody who tries it thinks it's over 3#'s

Well I've put lighter springs in all my x-Mark. I tried adjusting the pull weight by removing the epoxy, but it was a no go even with the epoxy removed. I bent the Allen wrench on two different triggers. Couldn't adjust the sear or over travel. Finally ended up with Timney Elite.