• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

trigger recommendation for a 338 lapua build

Re: trigger recommendation for a 338 lapua build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got a badger LA going in a AICS </div></div>

I just built up one on a Surgeon XL and used a stock Rem 700 tuned to 3 lbs.

40X, ff you can find one. Can be tuned down pretty low and perfect. I have them on my Surgeon and Badger.

I am building the same rifle. I decided to go with a CG Jackson trigger.

Ive had jewel and 40x and in my opinion the 40x is far better.

Ive got a jewell in my GAP Surgeon .338LM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am building the same rifle. I decided to go with a CG Jackson trigger. </div></div>

cg jackson will not fit in a bager LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: citabria</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive had jewel and 40x and in my opinion the 40x is far better. </div></div>

that's the opposite of my experience. i replaced the 40x with a Jewell and traded off the 40x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am building the same rifle. I decided to go with a CG Jackson trigger. </div></div>

cg jackson will not fit in a bager LA</div></div>

The Badger LA is said to work with any 700 style trigger. The CG Jackson trigger is available in a 700 style. I've got one on my Badger M2008 SA and one on Remington 700 5R milspec. Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

call adam at bauer arms, it works on the SA but not the LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am building the same rifle. I decided to go with a CG Jackson trigger. </div></div>

cg jackson will not fit in a bager LA</div></div>

The Badger LA is said to work with any 700 style trigger. The CG Jackson trigger is available in a 700 style. I've got one on my Badger M2008 SA and one on Remington 700 5R milspec. Please explain how you came to that conclusion. </div></div>

it was my understanding that there was some milling needed for fit the CG in the AICS LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">call adam at bauer arms, it works on the SA but not the LA </div></div>

I think you're confused. The long action Badgers have been released for sale (and are sold out) but the have not been completed and are due to be completed the beginning of April. I really don't see how Adam could possibly know if there was an issue with CG triggers in the LA.

When it comes to using any CG Jackson trigger, there is most likely going to be a need for extra inletting. The width of the trigger pack, is greater than a standard 700 trigger. (Especially on the model with the safety.) The clevis pin also doesn't follow the profile of a standard 700 trigger.

Both my M2008 AICS and my 700 AICS had to be inlet for use with the CG Jackson trigger.

i have one of the badger LA and Adam does as well......... call him.

I am only relaying what i was told.
C