• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2-Stage Trigger - I'm stoked!

Missing some features that I think belong on all modern triggers.

Swing and a miss, I'll stick to BnA tacsports.

Adjustable trigger shoe for one, that’s my only gripe about my diamonds

that would be a nice feature...ive shot a lot of different high end triggers and have been running the tac sports for a few years...ive shot a few diamonds on others rifles and they are nice i hope the 2 stage TT is as nice.

Reactions: Skunkworx
like what?

I wish it had adjustable sear engagement and changeable sear heights, so the user can properly mate the trigger without having to send it off for trigger timing.

Without that, it can be hit or miss. When I put a TT on the TL3 I owned briefly, it felt absolutely horrid. Extremely heavy bolt lift and close, it would've definitely needed to be timed by a gunsmith. Wouldn't have had to do that with a BnA Tacsport though.

I wish it had adjustable sear engagement and changeable sear heights, so the user can properly mate the trigger without having to send it off for trigger timing.

Without that, it can be hit or miss. When I put a TT on the TL3 I owned briefly, it felt absolutely horrid. Extremely heavy bolt lift and close, it would've definitely needed to be timed by a gunsmith. Wouldn't have had to do that with a BnA Tacsport though.

Strange maybe there is just a variance of the sear protrusion/engagement from trigger to trigger. Granted talking about the single stages here but we've got specials on both the origin and SR3 and they're fine. I wish TT would've come out with this thing a long time ago because they're my favorite trigger but i gave up searching for a proper 2-stage trigger for a 700 style action. Went to single stages across the board on everything.

Reactions: kthomas

I really don't get that whole thing about not wanting to send the trigger in to Zermatt Arms to have it timed to the TL3 for free when you order the action, I mean what are you going to do with it while you wait for the action anyway? Mount it on a couple other rifles first so it doesn't sit idle? I'm glad they perform that service for free, and I'm happy that my TriggerTech and my TL3 perform flawlessly and super smooth once they do their magic. When I do a build, with lead times it usually ends up taking anywhere around half a year to just a bit over it, so what's a week or two in that time frame of sending it to Zermatt (a.k.a. Bighorn) befdore they get ready to ship the action anyway? I hope it's not the postage and insurance when that build is around a $3,000 rifle at the minimum in the end.

agreed.

I really don't get that whole thing about not wanting to send the trigger in to Zermatt Arms to have it timed to the TL3 for free when you order the action, I mean what are you going to do with it while you wait for the action anyway? Mount it on a couple other rifles first so it doesn't sit idle? I'm glad they perform that service for free, and I'm happy that my TriggerTech and my TL3 perform flawlessly and super smooth once they do their magic. When I do a build, with lead times it usually ends up taking anywhere around half a year to just a bit over it, so what's a week or two in that time frame of sending it to Zermatt (a.k.a. Bighorn) befdore they get ready to ship the action anyway? I hope it's not the postage and insurance when that build is around a $3,000 rifle at the minimum in the end.

I think it's awesome that Zermatt does that actually, that's great CS. If you order your action from Zermatt and know you are going to use a certain trigger, then that's certainly the way to go.

But not everyone orders a brand new action from Zermatt when they get a new trigger, or even run a Zermatt action to begin with. So you will have to find a gunsmith that you trust that is familiar with timing triggers for whatever action you are running.

Not a huge deal, but I definitely think it's a lost opportunity for TT to make a badass trigger. I think it's a great feature that I wish more trigger companies would incorporate into their design. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed that feature until I started to get BnA triggers. I don't see any reason why not to include that feature? The ability to mate the trigger to your action by the end user is awesome. Most don't realize how much better an action can feel with trigger timing. One of the reasons why people hype up the Impact and how it "feels" - it's because they didn't realize the importance of trigger timing and how big of a role it plays in how an action "feels". With my properly timed BnA triggers (that I adjusted myself), I would put the "feel" of my actions up against an Impact any day. And I didn't have to send off my 3 actions to a gunsmith to accomplish this.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmw
I think it's awesome that Zermatt does that actually, that's great CS. If you order your action from Zermatt and know you are going to use a certain trigger, then that's certainly the way to go.

But not everyone orders a brand new action from Zermatt when they get a new trigger, or even run a Zermatt action to begin with. So you will have to find a gunsmith that you trust that is familiar with timing triggers for whatever action you are running.

Not a huge deal, but I definitely think it's a lost opportunity for TT to make a badass trigger. I think it's a great feature that I wish more trigger companies would incorporate into their design. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed that feature until I started to get BnA triggers. I don't see any reason why not to include that feature? The ability to mate the trigger to your action by the end user is awesome. Most don't realize how much better an action can feel with trigger timing. One of the reasons why people hype up the Impact and how it "feels" - it's because they didn't realize the importance of trigger timing and how big of a role it plays in how an action "feels". With my properly timed BnA triggers (that I adjusted myself), I would put the "feel" of my actions up against an Impact any day. And I didn't have to send off my 3 actions to a gunsmith to accomplish this.
When you buy a used TL3, Origin, or their older TL2 series they charge $55 to perform the timing when you send it in with the trigger; my local gunsmith charges $75, 20 bucks difference might go for shipping but I still prefer to have someone deal with it who deals with that type of action exclusively day in and day out and knows what the tolerances are supposed to be and what it is supposed to feel like. I tried B&A and the sending back and forth of parts that were sent in error at the time left me preferring the action to be timed by the custom action manufacturer, also I like the feel of the TriggerTech better but that is personal preference I'm glad we all have choice and that the company offerings are getting to be more every year.

When you buy a used TL3, Origin, or their older TL2 series they charge $55 to perform the timing when you send it in with the trigger; my local gunsmith charges $75, 20 bucks difference might go for shipping but I still prefer to have someone deal with it who deals with that type of action exclusively day in and day out and knows what the tolerances are supposed to be and what it is supposed to feel like. I tried B&A and the sending back and forth of parts that were sent in error at the time left me preferring the action to be timed by the custom action manufacturer, also I like the feel of the TriggerTech better but that is personal preference I'm glad we all have choice and that the company offerings are getting to be more every year.

I agree with everything you stated. Zermatt/Bighorn is awesome to deal with, they certainly make it easy for trigger timing for their consumers.

Sucks you had a bad BnA experience, at least there are a lot of great trigger options these days. TT does make a nice trigger no doubt, it's just my personal preference to have the ability to adjust the sear.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
B3072409-2954-4D3B-B1FC-81E29F0E7859.jpeg

I’ve been messing with one. I’m not sure what will be different on the production version.

Last edited:
I wrote a blog post on the prototype. I used it on my 28 Nosler LR Hunting rifle. I don’t have experience with a Bix’n & Andy or Huber for comparison. When I get the ok from TT I’ll post it here.

View attachment 7222868
I'll be looking forward to reading it. How do you like the 60 degree three lug bolt, and the threaded trigger pins on that Helios Terminus action?

Reactions: 47guy
No fanboi'ism here.

I simply want TT to incorporate a certain important feature, otherwise I personally don't think it's even worth considering.

TT would be completely remiss to not incorporate adjustable sear engagement into their design.
TriggerTech doesn't operate like a normal friction based trigger. It's a system based off of a free floating roller, not the friction of two surfaces sliding over each other, so there isn't "sear engagement" in the traditional sense to adjust. The break is based off of spring weight and geometry.

Reactions: Inline6power
TriggerTech doesn't operate like a normal friction based trigger. It's a system based off of a free floating roller, not the friction of two surfaces sliding over each other, so there isn't "sear engagement" in the traditional sense to adjust. The break is based off of spring weight and geometry.

+1 I've never used anything with less creep than a TriggerTech Diamond. Even with really nice traditional triggers, side by side with a TT Diamond, if you really pay attention you can notice a small amount of creep... and that's just the two surfaces sliding over each other. The TT doesn't do this.

IMO, they make some of the best, if not the best, rifle triggers in the world.

I'm talking about the top sear that interfaces with the action. On the BnA trigger, you can adjust the height or "engagement" of that top sear with a set screw, and you can also change out top sear for different height sears to properly mate it to your action. If you have too much "engagement" (i.e. height), there will be a lot of drag as bolt and it's associated components interface with that top sear. This can result in really heavy bolt lift and close. One the other side of it, if you don't have enough top sear engagement, you are going to have issues with reliability with the firing assembly.

When different manufacturers are producing parts that interface with each other, there's always going to be tolerance stacking at play. You will rarely if ever have a trigger and action that come from the factory that has a perfectly optimized interface. Usually they er on the side of too much sear engagement, for reliability purposes. This is why trigger timing is a popular thing to do in bench rest circles.

With the BnA, the end user/consumer can properly mate the trigger to the action, to optimize the balance between reliability of the firing assembly and minimize any excess drag and engagement between the top sear and your action. In the case of the TL3 I briefly owned, when I paired it with a TT trigger it made the action feel like absolute dog shit. Way too much sear engagement, creating an excessively heavy bolt lift and close. It's also why Impact owners think their action is magic and feels so nice, because they didn't understand or realize the effect trigger timing has on action feel. With that trigger hanger, you are essentially accomplishing the same thing - the amount of trigger engagement, and thus optimizing the "feel" of your action balanced out with reliability.

Reactions: JMGlasgow
BnA has a top sear and a main sear. There are also 2 ball bearings in them though I'm not quite sure how they work. I do know it won't work without them. kthomas was talking about the top sear as it relates to the striker. I measured my Defiance Deviant to make sure I got the right seat height and it is smooth as butter.

I'll still probably try the TT if it's cheaper than the BnA, but if it's the same price I'll buy more Tacsport triggers. My Rem700LH 308 needs a better trigger and so does my Rem700LH 30-06.

I wrote a blog post on the prototype. I used it on my 28 Nosler LR Hunting rifle. I don’t have experience with a Bix’n & Andy or Huber for comparison. When I get the ok from TT I’ll post it here.

Any updates from TT on when you will be able to post that review?

Anyone heard any update on these? I'm currently looking at 2 stage options for a recently purchased rifle and would love to throw a 2 stage Diamond in.

Their marketing works according to the mushroom principle: keep everyone in the dark, and fertilize regularly.

Hopefully they are attempting to figure out a way to either increase the first stage travel or a way the user can adjust it.

Felt like a single stage with shitty amount of creep at shot show this year.

Hopefully they are attempting to figure out a way to either increase the first stage travel or a way the user can adjust it.

it’s going to be hard to beat the single stage when it comes to creep and over travel

Reactions: wade2big

This is probably why they are a year behind schedule and still aren’t out yet. They overhyped and can’t make it happen it seems. Whoops!!!!

I think that Triggertech cant get it right. That would be my guess. Their single stage triggers are so good that anything less from their two stage would be a net negative for them.

Reactions: DrewC
I think that Triggertech cant get it right. That would be my guess. Their single stage triggers are so good that anything less from their two stage would be a net negative for them.
Rumors have been flying around why they are taking so long. I guess when it comes out it’ll either be perfect or a huge let down ?

Order a B&A while you wait, $ says you will forget all about that other business.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, the BnA has features that all top tier triggers should have, yet lack.

The BnA Tacsport is an excellent two stage trigger, and I really don't see the TT being better. Not unless they've recently changed the specs they are going to incorporate in the TT 2 stage trigger.

For everyone's sake I hope that TT makes a killer 2 stage, and that they incorporate some features that the company has yet to bring to their products. Until then, I think the BnA Tacsport 2 stage is the way to go.

I'm curious as to what's holding up the TT 2 stage trigger. I hope it's because they are incorporating an adjustable top sear and different sear heights ?

Order a B&A while you wait, $ says you will forget all about that other business.

i shot BnAs in 2 rifles for a couple of years I liked them but sold them both and won’t be going back and at this point have no interest in the TT 2 stage...I’ve shot several triggers and none broke as clean as the diamond does.

i shot BnAs in 2 rifles for a couple of years I liked them but sold them both and won’t be going back and at this point have no interest in the TT 2 stage...I’ve shot several triggers and none broke as clean as the diamond does.
Ok. But this thread is about 2 stage triggers. Yes Diamonds are nice but since we are talking 2 stage the B&A is so far ahead of the game.... etc etc.

Reactions: Steel head
Ok. But this thread is about 2 stage triggers. Yes Diamonds are nice but since we are talking 2 stage the B&A is so far ahead of the game.... etc etc.

Used them. Preferred diamond single. Same as @47guy

No 2 stage except AI catches my interest over the diamond single. I had hoped the diamond 2 stage would. But unless they change it from the one at shot, it won’t.

He’s saying the same thing I am. For us, there is no 2 stage that breaks better than a diamond and we are willing to give up a first stage for that.

Reactions: 47guy and DrewC
I think a lot of trigger preference (single vs two stage) is because of use.
PRS guys love a super clean break and sub 1# pull weight.
I’m just banging steel in the woods mostly past 1000 and prone.
Perfectly happy with my 2# two stage.

My savage trigger has worn in a lot and is just under a pound now and I’m tearing it apart after dinner to bring the weight up a bit.

My savage trigger has worn in a lot and is just under a pound now and I’m tearing it apart after dinner to bring the weight up a bit.
I have no preference. I shoot my TRG and Timney two stage triggers as good as my Tikka and Trigger tech single stages. The trigger tech is the lightest of all but like @Steel head, I don’t need a 8 oz trigger to shoot well as I am not free recoiling a 25lb 6mm comp gun.

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
I really wanted to like the Bix'n Andy when I tried one a good while ago but as I already stated elsewhere on this forum the back and forth with getting the wrong info on what sear I needed before they came out with their handy dandy chart, and them again subsequently messing up and sending the wrong one the second time just soured me on the whole thing. Sold the German Uber Engineering and haven't looked back. I'll keep using the single stage TTs until they get with the program and hope for the end result to be so overwhelming that all the wait will have been worth it LOL.

My comp gun used to have a single stage TT trigger, but was converted once I tried a 2 stage trigger.

While you can be very effective with either, I feel that a 2 stage trigger does provide more trigger control, which I've grown very fond of.