• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

truck exhaust

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
hey guys i have an 07 quad cab dakota and reciently looked into exhaust on youtube, at first i was just killing time but then i seen a vid of a flowmaster 40 series i think it was, and it really made the dakota sound pretty mean.

i have the 3.7 v6 and i get about 18 city and 22 high way, would adding an exhaust give me any more or lest mpg's ?

I have added after market exhaust to my quad and sport bike but it was mainly for sound and power but i know nothing about cars and trucks, and i honestly mean that out side of changing my fluids and repairing a flat tire i dont know shit.

thanks for the input in advance

Re: truck exhaust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know if the Flowmasters chambers are fluted or not, but they seem like they work. </div></div>

work for what ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know if the Flowmasters chambers are fluted or not, but they seem like they work. </div></div>

work for what ? </div></div>

Attracting attention which is the intended purpose, right?

More than likely you won't notice a decent increase in fuel mileage. What little you gain will quickly be lost because it will make you want to keep your foot in it all the time to hear it.

You will only increase the noise your truck makes. At best you will be hated in your neighborhood. At worse if you have a larger cab you can set up a "drone" inside the cabin that will give you a headache. Keep it stock and buy a weekend go-fast. You will be miles and dollars ahead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ISBe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More than likely you won't notice a decent increase in fuel mileage. What little you gain will quickly be lost because it will make you want to keep your foot in it all the time to hear it. </div></div>

What he said I have flowmasters on 96 Chevy Silverado and have never seen any noticeable increase in fuel milage. They sure do sound good though. TGM

i will admit i would love to hear it rumble... i know i crank on my quad, that sob is freaking loud and it rolls.. its a beautiful thing for sure.

i just assumed a free flowing exhaust would get better mpg's even though i have a v6 the mpg's suck maybe i should buy a vw rabbit or something

I put a Flowmaster Series 40 on my 03' Dodge Ram. The 40 is the "Quiet" series as opposed to the original 50 series. Like ISBe said, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">if</span></span> you keep your foot out of it you can see a slight increase in MPG.

At idle it has a nice deep tone. Under normal acceleration, like in traffic, it's louder than factory but not obnoxious. Under WOT it's louder but still not like the original Flowmaster.

About a week ago I had an older man (late 60's maybe early 70's) ask me about it in a parking lot. He said he normally didn't care for loud mufflers but liked the way the truck sounded. He asked me if a local shop did it, etc... He was a neat old guy but what really surprised me was when he handed his cell to his wife and lay down in the parking lot to look under the truck.

i have a 99 dodge with open headers, my neighbors love the way it sounds. in fact one is thinking about doing the same with his truck. you will find that if you can keep your foot out of it you will see an increase in gas mileage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i will admit i would love to hear it rumble... i know i crank on my quad, that sob is freaking loud and it rolls.. its a beautiful thing for sure.

</div></div>

You take FUBAR to a whole new level few can achieve. Nothing like advertising that black chump is coming up the road. Your neighbors must love you.

You should probably save your money so that you can get your own place before your dad evicts you for banned hi-cap magazines.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You take FUBAR to a whole new level few can achieve. Nothing like advertising that black chump is coming up the road. Your neighbors must love you.

You should probably save your money so that you can get your own place before your dad evicts you for banned hi-cap magazines.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chicks hate loud trucks. Just sayin'...
</div></div>

He doesn't have to worry about that. Boys like loud trucks. Just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chicks hate <span style="text-decoration: line-through">loud trucks</span><span style="color: #FF0000">posers who live with their parents</span>. Just sayin'...
</div></div>

fixed it
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a 99 dodge with open headers, my neighbors love the way it sounds. in fact one is thinking about doing the same with his truck. you will find that if you can keep your foot out of it you will see an increase in gas mileage. </div></div>

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

I have a Flowmaster Force II system on my '04 Dak QC. The muffler was recently replaced with a 40 Series because the old one rusted out. The sound isn't bad in the cab, and it is quieter than most of my neighbor's V8 trucks since everyone here who owns a truck has some sort of intake and exhaust mod system....joe's, retarded joes, cops, retarded cops, and a few civies, but not many

K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust SYSTEM installed. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. Start the truck. Let it idle, run th etruck slowly through the gears, cruise, 'get on it' several times. The system is now reset for the upgrades and still within tolerances. You of course can also dump the cam put in a better one, remove the computer, send it to A/FX for upgrades with a list of parts you changed, get it back, plug it in, and motor on all while burning 93 Octane High Test

Flowmasters sound great with V8 engines. A loud 6 cylinder sounds like the owner is trying to hard to be a big dog IMO. Its kind of like the Sentras and Celicas with the loud can style exhaust... all show, no go.

Customizing a car to the owner's personal taste is cool, but it kills me to see a wing on the back of a front wheel drive car.

Ive got flowmasters on my 2008 Z06. It sounds good and it goes good.

Performance is performance no matter what the cubic inch displacement. When one puts any car together, and tunes it right, it sounds good. Your vette would be hard put trying to keep up with a old '64 Ford-Lotus Cortina MkI in a high state of tune on a twisty road or track and all you would hear would be the wicked cackle of a four banger giving you a lesson in humility. Same goes for a well tuned BMW M3 from back in the day. I know this because my '66 Mustang with all it's hot rod tuning and custom built Flowmaster Exhaust(Mock up for THE American Thunder system that would come to market later on) was almost schooled by both of these types of cars. Their inline 4's with their double overhead cams sounded seriously wicked, not at all like the idiot sound of a over exhauasted, over intaked Honda. Racing performance done correctly always sounds good regardless of cubic inch displacement

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUewaEa1-lc&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUewaEa1-lc&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Cosworth Power ain't no joke when it comes on cam!

I just don't see how a V6 with Flowmasters will sound good.

At one point I had Magnaflow exhaust system on my 6.2L Chevy Tahoe. Its sure did rumble but it was horrible to travel in. Way to much drone.

Oh and girls HATE loud cars, trucks.
But as long as you stick to being a hermit you don't have to worry about that.

I beg to differ. While a tuned car generally sounds great, there are some that just sound like shit nomatter what. The old 4 cylinder M3's were fucking awesome. Cosworth 4 cylinders were also a far cry from a run of the mill 4 cyl.

Given the opportunity, I would love to play with you on the track. My Z is a far cry from stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I beg to differ. While a tuned car generally sounds great, there are some that just sound like shit nomatter what. The old 4 cylinder M3's were fucking awesome. Cosworth 4 cylinders were also a far cry from a run of the mill 4 cyl.

Given the opportunity, I would love to play with you on the track. My Z is a far cry from stock. </div></div>

Who are you talking to?

Me, KYS.
The Cosworth and Lotus Ford 4 Cylinder engines were not too far off of one another,overall they were the same.
A well tuned racer with a 4 in it would kill your vette on a tight twisty track with short straights. That's just a fact of life in road/solo/autocross racing. Your vette would only show it's strong merits on longer stretches of straights coming out of corners where it's power could actually be used.
As a point of fact, I have seen vette's and mustang's get handled quirte well by Lotus Cortina's, Lotus Elan's and BMW 3's at Sear's Point. The smaller, lighter cars had better hp:lb ratios and were faster through the technical parts of the track, so much so the bigger cars couldn't catch them on the longer faster open parts. This is the reason that in some SCCA Vintage classes, vettes race equally with mustangs, lotus' and alfa's. Now sure, given a nice flat dragway, or an open speedway or long running track like Le Man's or Sebring, your vette would run away from the smaller cars, but the bottom line is, block to block, light to light, turn through turn, your vette would have to work extremely hard to stay ahead or beat one of these smaller highly tuned racers.

PS I ride a 1250cc Sporty that does 9:56's to 10.90's. If your vette can keep up with that on a track we can play...maybe even one of the old roads around LBL here in midstate TN
grin.gif

Switchblade, that is one fast sporty! Sounds sweet!

The four cylinders you are talking about are badass little buggers. They are exceptional and not what I was referring to. What you normally see on the street are gay looking, sounding and performing cars that look like they rolled through Pep Boys with their shit magnet turned on.

Ive never liked Sears Point (aka Infineon raceway). That greasy strip where they run the drag cars down the track sucks. There used to be lots of patches and bumps all over the place too. Im told they repaved it since then, but there are too many other good tracks to go to.

Never cared for auto crossing because it is too tight to stretch my legs and run her out.

The 2006 and later Z06's are a different animal. Much different than any other vette short of the ZR1. They are aluminum framed, magnesium roof frame and engine cradle. All aluminum dry sumped 427ci engine. carbon fiber fenders. Stock vs stock, a mustang doesnt have a prayer. The 325/30-19 rear tires help hook up the stock 505 horsepower. In race trim, mine weighs in at 2800lbs. I purchased a Z06 rather than the ZR1 because the ZR1 uses the 6 liter. I would rather have the 7 liter to start modifying.

Back to the original post, a stock V6 isnt likely to sound very good with flowmasters. A flat opposed Porsche 6 cyl sounds great with a modified exhaust.

time out, way to much hijacking going on, now i do agree and disagree with alot of what has been said. yes the hondas with coffee can exhaust are just stupid and i agree with every one on that, and also agree that if a car is tuned right it does sound way better despite being 4 6 or 8 cyl.

how ever i just simply though adding a flowmaster to my v6 truck would get me some better mpg's power is the last thing on my mind, my truck is gutless and iam not going to spend a dime to achieve more power, some day ill get a ram with a hemi and ill be satisfied with that.

chasing a v8 rumble is just a bi product of flowmaster i cant get past that but i also dont mind if it is loud, my quad is loud my sport bike is loud why not my truck

and ky is right iam a hermit so how the girls feel is the last thing on my mind so

I put flowmasters on a Vortec V6. It was an 89 1/2 ton Chevrolet. Sounded like shit but when I was your age it was cool. Looking back, it was just wasted money. If I had all the money I've spent on stupid shit! I could build a new house right now with no payments. As of now, still planning and saving to do just that. It's your money, spend or save it wisely. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put flowmasters on a Vortec V6. It was an 89 1/2 ton Chevrolet. Sounded like shit but when I was your age it was cool. Looking back, it was just wasted money. If I had all the money I've spent on stupid shit! I could build a new house right now with no payments. As of now, still planning and saving to do just that. It's your money, spend or save it wisely. LOL </div></div>

hahaha, tell me about it, if i only had half the money i spent on stupid gun shit, all the HK stuff that has came and passed threw my hands, shotguns and all that other stuff well lol i wouldnt still be living at home

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put flowmasters on a Vortec V6. It was an 89 1/2 ton Chevrolet. Sounded like shit but when I was your age it was cool. Looking back, it was just wasted money. If I had all the money I've spent on stupid shit! I could build a new house right now with no payments. As of now, still planning and saving to do just that. It's your money, spend or save it wisely. LOL </div></div>

hahaha, tell me about it, if i only had half the money i spent on stupid gun shit, all the HK stuff that has came and passed threw my hands, shotguns and all that other stuff well lol i wouldnt still be living at home </div></div>

black_ump,

your own place= your rules. your rules=pussy. pussy=problems solved.

just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">black chump</div></div>

LMFAO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Demotivational-big-exhaust-wannabe-drifter-clueless-tuner.jpg
</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

</div></div>

Aw, I thought Black Ump limited his threads to the firearms but these two motivational posters made it all worth it lmao

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">black chump</div></div>

LMFAO! </div></div>

hahaha what a jiz... funny thing is i wasnt a chump when he pm'ed me a while back asking what that guy mark at larue said when i sent them a link to that hitler thing he did about larue mounts.

haha

A Flowmaster 50 series and a K&N FIPK on a DOdge six sounds super if the correct plug and play black box is used and they run 'Super'. Upgraded Taylor or other ignition wiring, plugs and performance coils are also a must. These were the upgrades Panty 6 and I did on our old Dodge Caravan as soon as we bought it back in '99. The forest green Rock and Roll Wagon had a white Gothic Script 'Social Distortion' across the windshield, gloss black poverty steelies with Moon salt flat hubcaps, a Roxford Fosgate amp and eight speakers inside to crank the punk. With it's SPort packaged sway bars, lowered by 1" Eiback springs it was a freakin sick handling minivan on a twisty road. It sounded like pure evil with the intake, exhaust, and ignition upgrades and was just a about as much as a hoot to drive as could be expected from a mildly hot rodded minivan.

Ump, if you put a Flowmaster on your six, do yourself a favot and also add a K&N FIPK intake, upgrade the ignition wires, coils, and black box the fucker with either one of the plug and play tuners. Drop the sucker down into the weeds and make it run right. Don't be the douchebag with the POS wannabe street tuner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">A Flowmaster 50 series and a K&N FIPK on a DOdge six sounds super if the correct plug and play black box is used and they run 'Super'. Upgraded Taylor or other ignition wiring, plugs and performance coils are also a must. These were the upgrades Panty 6 and I did on our old Dodge Caravan as soon as we bought it back in '99. The forest green Rock and Roll Wagon had a white Gothic Script 'Social Distortion' across the windshield, gloss black poverty steelies with Moon salt flat hubcaps, a Roxford Fosgate amp and eight speakers inside to crank the punk. With it's SPort packaged sway bars, lowered by 1" Eiback springs it was a freakin sick handling minivan on a twisty road. It sounded like pure evil with the intake, exhaust, and ignition upgrades and was just a about as much as a hoot to drive as could be expected from a mildly hot rodded minivan.</span>

</div></div>

Switch, you can't be serious. Nice story though. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Flowmaster 50 series and a K&N FIPK on a DOdge six sounds super if the correct plug and play black box is used and they run 'Super'. Upgraded Taylor or other ignition wiring, plugs and performance coils are also a must. These were the upgrades Panty 6 and I did on our old Dodge Caravan as soon as we bought it back in '99. The forest green Rock and Roll Wagon had a white Gothic Script 'Social Distortion' across the windshield, gloss black poverty steelies with Moon salt flat hubcaps, a Roxford Fosgate amp and eight speakers inside to crank the punk. With it's SPort packaged sway bars, lowered by 1" Eiback springs it was a freakin sick handling minivan on a twisty road. It sounded like pure evil with the intake, exhaust, and ignition upgrades and was just a about as much as a hoot to drive as could be expected from a mildly hot rodded minivan.

Ump, if you put a Flowmaster on your six, do yourself a favot and also add a K&N FIPK intake, upgrade the ignition wires, coils, and black box the fucker with either one of the plug and play tuners. Drop the sucker down into the weeds and make it run right. Don't be the douchebag with the POS wannabe street tuner </div></div>

Must see pics!!!! LOL

At the end of the day, when you get home, turn it off and head to the house. You can look back and realize,,,,,,,,your still driving a ,,,,Dodge with a noisy exhaust, like you had in high school. Wow, you made it! Now, if you could get some big tires and a lift kit,, it'l still be a Dodge

I had a 5 Speed SVT customized Ford Contour 2.4L that Panty 6 just had to trade in when we had our third kid back when we were fresh to the Army so long ago. When we rolled off the lot in that stinking minivan I just had to do something to make it more fun to be in because it sucked that bad. As a vehicle it held a ton of shit, ran good and went up twisty mountain roads like a raped ape. The ignition upgrades gave it a faster throttle response so it didn't have that long lagging sound when the throttle was blipped. The day I traded it for a brand new 2001 Neon R/T I was so pleased to get rid of it. I have never seen another vehicle that a woman could pack with more TRASH than that van. I don't even know if we have any pictures of it. I'll have to ask Panty 6.
The 4.7L in the Dodge Dak QC exits through a customized Flowmaster Force II system that exits in front of the rear tire. With the FIPK and the ignition upgrades, that truck has a killer sweet sound

i am not sure it a lot of you jack asses are reading it right. i am not here to "tune" this truck i just simply wanted to know if i would get better gas mileage by putting an exhaust on it or not.

thats a simple yes or no question... yes some one answered it for me already so why does every one think i wanna tune my truck ? its a fuckin v6, i dont wanna spend money to put new tires on it much lest tune the fuckin thing like you guys are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Flowmaster 50 series and a K&N FIPK on a DOdge six sounds super if the correct plug and play black box is used and they run 'Super'. Upgraded Taylor or other ignition wiring, plugs and performance coils are also a must. These were the upgrades Panty 6 and I did on our old Dodge Caravan as soon as we bought it back in '99. The forest green Rock and Roll Wagon had a white Gothic Script 'Social Distortion' across the windshield, gloss black poverty steelies with Moon salt flat hubcaps, a Roxford Fosgate amp and eight speakers inside to crank the punk. With it's SPort packaged sway bars, lowered by 1" Eiback springs it was a freakin sick handling minivan on a twisty road. It sounded like pure evil with the intake, exhaust, and ignition upgrades and was just a about as much as a hoot to drive as could be expected from a mildly hot rodded minivan.

Ump, if you put a Flowmaster on your six, do yourself a favot and also add a K&N FIPK intake, upgrade the ignition wires, coils, and black box the fucker with either one of the plug and play tuners. Drop the sucker down into the weeds and make it run right. Don't be the douchebag with the POS wannabe street tuner </div></div>

who said any thing about street tuner ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

i am not sure it a lot of you jack asses are reading it right. i am not here to "tune" this truck i just simply wanted to know if i would get better gas mileage by putting an exhaust on it or not.
</div></div>

I already posted your answer:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Free flowing exhaust reduces scavenging and in turn your low end torque dies. </div></div>

If you loose your low end torque and you're like most people spend most of their driving time driving from light to light you have to get on it more in order to get up to speed the way it was before the freer flowing exhaust. So if you're a normal driver driving around town you will see lower MPG with just a new exhaust.

Hey you stupid motherfucker, if you don't want to spend money to put tires on your truck, why the fuck do you want to replace the exhaust (other than the obvious - you want to make a bunch of noise)?!?!

And don't tell me it's to save money by getting better gas mileage. At $3.20 per gallon (the current price of gas here, and assuming the price remains constant) and assuming you saw an increase of 2 miles per gallon (which you will not because you will be all over the throttle to hear your new hot rod truck), you will need to drive 20,625 miles to pay for the exhaust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put flowmasters on a Vortec V6. It was an 89 1/2 ton Chevrolet. Sounded like shit but when I was your age it was cool. Looking back, it was just wasted money. If I had all the money I've spent on stupid shit! I could build a new house right now with no payments. As of now, still planning and saving to do just that. It's your money, spend or save it wisely. LOL </div></div>

hahaha, tell me about it, if i only had half the money i spent on stupid gun shit, all the HK stuff that has came and passed threw my hands, shotguns and all that other stuff well lol<span style="color: #FF0000"> i wouldnt still be living at home</span> </div></div>

How did we guess?!?! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thats a simple yes or no question... yes some one answered it for me already so why does every one think i wanna tune my truck ? its a fuckin v6, i dont wanna spend money to put new tires on it much lest tune the fuckin thing like you guys are talking about. </div></div>

Everyone you disagree with is a "jack ass" according to you. You can't even put together the spelling of an insult. Sad.....

Get off the muffler shit. It's not going to help your gas mileage. It will hurt it. There's your answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put flowmasters on a Vortec V6. It was an 89 1/2 ton Chevrolet. Sounded like shit but when I was your age it was cool. Looking back, it was just wasted money. If I had all the money I've spent on stupid shit! I could build a new house right now with no payments. As of now, still planning and saving to do just that. It's your money, spend or save it wisely. LOL</div></div>

This. You sir are wise beyond your years.

I've got a 4" straight piped diesel, and I am pretty sure that it has contributed to hearing loss. Sounds great when you want to be obnoxious, but it gets a lot of negative attention. I actually had a cop leave an active traffic stop to come after me, and I wasn't even loud pedaling or speeding, or anything. He said it rattled the windows on his cruiser. LOL... yeah, that was sort of a red flag. I believe him, because it does set off car alarms in the parking lot just with the sound.

I'm old enough now that i'm sick of it, and i'm going to shut it up with a great big industrial muffler. YMMV, i've had loud shit all my life and i'm sick of it.

So, caveat emptor and I would recommend a high quality muffler that doesn't make it louder. Again, YMMV.

As far as mileage, you won't see it. I've been hopping up trucks a long time, and it has never got me any decent mileage. I put headers and all that shit on a jeep once, and it was so fuckin' loud (and I was young & stupid)... I couldn't keep my foot out of the pedal, just like the folks have already told you. I wish I had back all the money I'd spent on dumb shit as a teenager, I would have bought a much nicer truck later in life, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey you stupid motherfucker, if you don't want to spend money to put tires on your truck, why the fuck do you want to replace the exhaust (other than the obvious - you want to make a bunch of noise)?!?!

And don't tell me it's to save money by getting better gas mileage. At $3.20 per gallon (the current price of gas here, and assuming the price remains constant) and assuming you saw an increase of 2 miles per gallon (which you will not because you will be all over the throttle to hear your new hot rod truck), you will need to drive 20,625 miles to pay for the exhaust. </div></div>

well i did get my answer like 5 posts ago but thanks for the straight forward reply.

yes i though a more free flowing exhaust would give better mpg's as stated i know jack shit about cars,trucks out side of changing fluids and tires